Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2011 16:41:41   
Lord GaGa

@ Titan
dont you understand... we dont want balance! we dont wanna waste our money on pointless things...
your forcing us to pay varium for our enhacements...
people are gonna get them so we all have to get them
its just a massive scam.....
all the hardcore good varium players have full enhanced things...
how do you exspect us to keep putting up with this? :/
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
4/20/2011 16:55:15   
Soliqe

Note: just because I disagree with someone, even Titan, or Vick, it doesn't mean I'll won't ever defend people.

@above

As for you, my answers in red.
quote:

@ Titan
dont you understand... we dont want balance! we dont wanna waste our money on pointless things...
Umm yes we do want balance you're the first I've to say that you don't want balance. Secondly, they're not entirely pointless, but the overpricing is evident.
your forcing us to pay varium for our enhacements...
With the new corrections, you won't be forced. Right now it definitely seems like it, but you're not being forced.
people are gonna get them so we all have to get them
Sadly there is indeed a ripple effect because elitism is the goal for most players. I personally do it just to keep up with the majority.
its just a massive scam.....
No, a scam would be saying you don't have to pay varium for something, but then you find $20 missing in your pocket.
all the hardcore good varium players have full enhanced things...
Elitism
how do you exspect us to keep putting up with this? :/
[sarcasm]They're waiting to rename the game EpicPay in December 21st 2012.[/sarcasm]

AQW Epic  Post #: 102
4/20/2011 16:58:00   
Phoenix Angel

Wait, are the Beta aux and gun getting 10 enhancement slots as well?

(Yay, I might not need to buy a new gun then!)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
4/20/2011 17:02:10   
Shadronica

Hmmm. I find that this update a little conflicting. The more stats we apply the more we get nerfed right? But we can buy more stats ...

In effect one part of the update is going to cancel other parts of the balance updates. What is the point?

Well to me all this means is .... a 140+ support merc will do slightly less damage with a lvl 10 artillery strike but their aux damage is still awesome anyway and with more stats to add to their build they can add it to strength to crit us with gun or primary or add it to their def/res so it is harder to kill them. Either way it won't stop this build. The same is to be said for most of the one way builds.

Sorry but I don't see this as a deterrent to stop one way builds.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 104
4/20/2011 17:06:54   
One Winged Angel1357

I have been going over my 16 different builds saved on file(im sure i have more then that and could think of another 40 in a month) and this could help me cover the holes in some of my flawed builds while not using my new found points to send me into the reduction zone

So in short if we use the enhancement points to cover our six then you can use your normal points to spam
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 105
4/20/2011 17:10:32   
frogbones
Banned

@Shad:

Exactly. For two game developers, how hard is it to figure out?

There are only two explanations:

1) They are clueless.

-or-

2) They are greedy.

The only remaining question is:

Why do we continue to support them?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 106
4/20/2011 17:11:55   
Lord GaGa

I am looking forward to see if I will be using
Beta or not
(I base all on stat boosts - damage dont matter much)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
4/20/2011 17:12:41   
TehXerOTehc

Ohhhh! Another way for me to spend my varium. A 10k package won't last for 1 month. Its better if this game would be like AQW.. Membership... e.e
Post #: 108
4/20/2011 17:19:09   
Wraith

I go with best case scenario since I am a optimist.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 109
4/20/2011 17:23:11   
H3P04

All we can do now is wait for the update and hope that it will be better then it sounds.
Epic  Post #: 110
4/20/2011 17:40:05   
My Name is Jake
Banned

The prices for varium enhancements should be lowered as well seeing as it is quite expensive with just primary weapons and armours, with sidearm and auxiliary enhancements it's just going to be too expensive... 100 varium per enhancement would be good as it would only be 1000 varium for 10 enhancements. :|
AQW Epic  Post #: 111
4/20/2011 18:19:00   
TankMage

Omg. I've being waiting for gun and zooka enhancements for awhile :D!!!!!! I might buy a 10k package just for this ;D. I can finally crack the +100 stat boost.

AQ Epic  Post #: 112
4/20/2011 18:23:48   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

I think many people are forgetting that you DON'T have to buy varium to play EpicDuel. Yes, varium is a great way to get better weapons and get better equipment. If you know me, and are a friend or have heard about me, you may know I absolutely FAIL at battling in EpicDuel, yet I still pay like crazy. Varium items cost real life money, and thus should be better than non-variums, and thats with every game: Paying players get the better items. Example: Varium Staff: 13tech, 13str, and 11 dex. Non Varium Staff: 8tech, 9str, and 7 dex. That seems reasonable. Two examples I have collected from playing this game for over 1 year now, and I am probably one of the most fascinated people to the game. Ex1: My friend in real life, has not spent a single penny on this entire game, he has successfully got to level 32, and climbing towards 33, and does not complain towards the game for not having non varium items released as often. Ex2: The other day during power hour, I saw more Non-Variums than Variums. Proof is in the puddin.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 113
4/20/2011 18:57:29   
DillBagel

quote:

I think many people are forgetting that you DON'T have to buy varium to play EpicDuel. Yes, varium is a great way to get better weapons and get better equipment. If you know me, and are a friend or have heard about me, you may know I absolutely FAIL at battling in EpicDuel, yet I still pay like crazy. Varium items cost real life money, and thus should be better than non-variums, and thats with every game: Paying players get the better items. Example: Varium Staff: 13tech, 13str, and 11 dex. Non Varium Staff: 8tech, 9str, and 7 dex. That seems reasonable. Two examples I have collected from playing this game for over 1 year now, and I am probably one of the most fascinated people to the game. Ex1: My friend in real life, has not spent a single penny on this entire game, he has successfully got to level 32, and climbing towards 33, and does not complain towards the game for not having non varium items released as often. Ex2: The other day during power hour, I saw more Non-Variums than Variums. Proof is in the puddin.

Pefecto my friend.
Although we don't always like to pay for things, it's our choice. No one forced us to pay. (That's why I get most of my varium with offers, but oh well.)
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
4/20/2011 19:19:38   
Banir

quote:

3. I'll let you know that thousands of FREE players currently have enough credits to fully enhance their weapons.

This is a blatant lie. I have 20k credits (a lot of saved up money) and the only way i would be able to get my primary fully enhanced is if they reduced the price of enhancements by 80%
Epic  Post #: 115
4/20/2011 19:21:34   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

@Above
What level are you?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
4/20/2011 19:26:17   
frogbones
Banned

@above

It doesn't matter. Don't try to invalidate him by saying he should have more money or should not have wasted credits on whatever he chose to buy.

The jury is out, whether you choose to buy varium or not: ED is too expensive.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 117
4/20/2011 19:26:54   
Xendran

Titan is clearly including low level free players who's weapons only have 1-3 or so enhancement slots. His wording on that is sketchy, as when the phrase "Fully enhance" is used, people instantly assume high tier enhancements of 6-10 (possibly 8-10)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 118
4/20/2011 19:39:00   
Banir

@Xendran
3 slots is the lowest I believe. So 70% of 20,000 credits is still 14,000. No level 10 is going to have that many credits.
Epic  Post #: 119
4/20/2011 19:46:09   
ED Prince of Shadows

Titan:

Please remove agility is order to maintain balance. If this isn't done I fear creativity in builds may never be the same.
This isn't just one of those pleas that are random. These radical changes are pretty much forcing 4-5 focus because more health will mean a worse return then high stats. All I ask for at-least a response, because this isn't something new, it has been said for months.

AQW Epic  Post #: 120
4/20/2011 19:46:11   
IsaiahtheMage

This is AWESOME NON VARIUMS can enhance their weapons more now! SO AWESOME NEW NPC NEW ENHANCEMENTS NEW TRAINHUB AAAAAAGH AWESOME!!! I AM SO HAPPY!! Anyway yes I can clearly see to all of you this a way to make more money for "balances sake" I can tell.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 4/20/2011 19:59:55 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 121
4/20/2011 19:50:49   
ED Prince of Shadows

@Xendran, I do agree that most non varium weapons lack enough enhancements that would make this deal fair. A weapon with 10 enhancements such a Frostbane, etc. can only be obtained through varium.

Number 1 suggestion would be (IHMO) give nonvarium weapons more stat enhancements?

AQW Epic  Post #: 122
4/20/2011 19:52:57   
Shadronica

You guys are missing the point here. I understand that enhancements were a bad introduction in the first place especially for the cost whether that be varium or credits and especially in the respect that once we spend for enhancements there is NO way we can get the varium or credits back.

But think about this for a second ...

The more stats the more nerf ... this is a double edged sword. A huge contradiction in itself.

The idea of this new balance update is to nerf our skills however I fail to see that this is going to help in any way shape or form. I will reserve my opinion until it has been released but at the moment I totally fail to see how this will help.

As I have posted above I have given one example alone of how this update will fail to stop one way builds.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 123
4/20/2011 20:15:54   
Banir

@Shadronica
You saying that helped me realize the real meaning of this release. It all comes into place perfectly. The Dev's are very smart people in a bad way.

Releasing more enhancements makes non-variums think that they are becoming less underpowered by giving them maybe 4 extra stats. The so called "huge" decrease of 30% of the price helps fuel the fire. For Varium players, enhancements are required to stay at the top of the food chain, so they are forced to buy them one way or another. And after all that is done, the enhancements are made null by the nerfs disguised as Balance Updates. This gives the guise that the Dev's care about us non-varium players and the "balance" of the game.

Bravo Titan and Nightwraith, you two are just amazing at getting into people's wallets. Either that or they are blind and/or don't even test play the game they develop.
Epic  Post #: 124
4/20/2011 20:19:58   
edwardvulture

No NO nO no NO!!!!!!!!! Whats the point of having more stats, when they are getting diminished more and more. And no not the skills, Their the only things that doesn't stifle creativity in this game. Balanced is uncreative and weak. You'll probably genericeze our skill trees. DON"T GOT WITH THIS PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Zooka and Gun Enhancements
Page 5 of 9«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition