Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= April 27th Design Notes: Player Appreciation Week!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 27th Design Notes: Player Appreciation Week!
Page 1 of 612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/28/2011 19:37:20   
Defiant

quote:

April 27, 2011
What is this madness?

Hey there, EpicDuelists! You might have noticed that there’s something... different about this week’s DNs. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Cinderella, EpicDuel’s lovely Warrior Princess. I’ve been a part of EpicDuel since December 2008, when Nightwraith asked me to participate in a private Alpha test (as “Belka”, my name on the EpicDuel Forums), and I was one of the first players during the public Alpha. I’ve been a forum moderator (first on the EDF and now on the AEF) since early 2009, and I’ve been an in-game moderator since the merger with ArtixEntertainment. In addition, I am the administrator for the official EpicDuel Facebook page. As the game has grown since launching in 2009, Nightwraith and Titan have become very busy, and the need has been pointed out for additional staff to take care of some of the public relations responsibilities- that’s where I come in! I am the liaison between the Developers and Players. So, you’ll be seeing a lot more of my face in the weeks to come!

But that’s far enough about me. This week, it’s all about you, Players! That’s right, an update chock-full of goodies for the people who make it all possible: YOU!

Spotlight on Fame

First things first. A lot of our players are very excited about the Fame feature- maybe a little TOO excited. Begging for Fame has become a problem not only in-game but in the social media connected to the game.

However, this was never our intention in introducing Fame- we’d anticipated that it would bring recognition to some of our best and friendliest players. In light of that, we’d like to turn the spotlight to one such player: Elf Priest Jzaanu, whose YouTube Channel features battle, weapon and armor demos, NPC strategy videos, and general videos that act as Public Service Announcements for the EpicDuel community. Jzaanu has always been friendly and helpful as long as I’ve known her in-game, and is one of our more diligent players.

It would be good for some of our players who grief for fame to take a look at how classy our players can be.

Mission Drops!

With the success of the recent update introducing NPC drops, we’re adding drops to completed missions! Following this update, completion of certain missions will result in a reward for completing said mission! Naomi Page needs rare flowers from Xraal over in the BioDome and Valery needs your help in supplementing her gun stash. We have a LOT more missions in development as well, to give players a more important role in the evolving EpicDuel storyline (we might even release some of these super-secret missions on Friday- time permitting).

Missions released this week:

Flower Power!: Naomi needs your help in gathering precious Bio Orchids from Xraal in the BioDome.

Restock!: Valery’s decided that the bike business just isn’t enough anymore, and is branching out into the weapons business. She needs you to get her some Imperial Blasters for a unique reward.

We have a LOT more missions in development as well, to give players a more important role in the evolving EpicDuel storyline.

This is truly an exciting time for EpicDuel, as we move forward from being simply a repetitive PvP game to a fully fleshed-out MMORPG. In the coming weeks and months we’ll be fleshing out the storyline more fully- Baby Steps!

Founder Appreciation

There’s been some concern lately that we’ve been ignoring a small but significant portion of our player base- our Founders. We are eternally grateful for everything the Founders have done for us, without them there would BE no EpicDuel, so we thank you from the bottoms of our hearts. In recognition of the valuable contribution you have made to the community at large, every Founder member (that includes Elites and Founders without the armor) will receive a gift of 1,000 Varium. Which will come in handy since we’re also introducing...

Varium Sellback

Yes, the long requested feature is finally here! The vendors all around Delta V have upgraded their outdated returns system and have agreed to give all players selling back premium items 15% of the item’s varium price across the board. That means that, if an item originally cost you 1,000 Varium, you will recieve 150 varium back from the sale of that item.

Graphical Update

More convenient travel options have been implemented throughout Delta V! Look for increased Teleportation Pads that will take you to the furthest reaches of the planet!

Relay for Life

This weekend, Titan and Nightwraith will be participating along with the rest of the AE team in the 2011 Relay for Life! I think Artix's Design Notes post summarized the situation nicely:

quote:

This weekend, the Artix Entertainment team will be battling one of the most dangerous diseases on Earth by walking around in circle for 18 hours straight. That is right! We will be sponsoring our first American Cancer Society Relay for Life this Friday, April 29th at 6pm at Sunlake High School in Land O' Lakes, Florida (Mmmmm Butter). The relay will begin at “game release-time” on Friday night, and last 18 hours with at least one member of the AE team walking the track at all times. (Yes, they are allowed to carry their computers…)

Faith is setting up a tent on the track with HeroMart merchandise. 100% of the proceeds will go to the American Cancer Society. If you live in the area, you are welcome to come down and hang out and walk with us. There will be a lot of other teams from other local companies participating too... and hopefully selling lots of hot cocoa to keep us awake all night!

The AE team has donated $1,000 to the Relay for Life to help in the fight against cancer. If you would like to make a donation on behalf of the AE team, please visit the official Relay for Life Website. Oh, and because you are probably going to ask... no, sadly, that is not a picture of us. They would have taken a picture of us, but they were too scared we would break the camera :-)

There’s so much more to come in the weeks ahead! And we can’t do it without you guys- thank you for being awesome.

Tagged! ~Illuminator
Updated ~Cinderella

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 4/29/2011 14:26:16 >
Post #: 1
4/27/2011 11:06:26   
helloguy

I have to say pricing could do with some tweaking somewhere along the lines of 20%-35%
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/27/2011 11:07:17   
Defiant

I could agree with that. But, then theres the Founder part. 1000 free varium? Really, that isn't much. (I'm not a Founder btw)
Post #: 3
4/27/2011 11:08:58   
IsaiahtheMage

Wow! I cant believe if we sellback varium stuff or enhancements we get only a lously 15% back that isnt even 1/5 of 100%. I am glad its better then 0% but honestly? 15%?! Couldnt it at least be 20 - 30%? That is barely nothing. That isnt even enough to get any good varium item or enhance any item to. So much for varium sellback. Everything else is fine. But 15% sellback? I am disguted by the devs.

Watch your language, please. ~Syr

< Message edited by Syr Frostbite -- 4/27/2011 15:47:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/27/2011 11:10:30   
Matgon

Lol the founder gift is 1k varium.... thanks.

Not a susprise anymore is it

I'm a bit dissapointed in 15% thats a bit low... I was expecting 25% minimum if im honest...

< Message edited by Matgon -- 4/27/2011 11:11:52 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/27/2011 11:10:43   
Polandor

quote:

Yes, the long requested feature is finally here! The vendors all around Delta V have upgraded their outdated returns system and have agreed to give all players selling back premium items 15% of the item’s varium price across the board. That means that, if an item originally cost you 1,000 Varium, you will recieve 150 varium back from the sale of that item.

Ridiculous !

All other Artix game give at least 25%, some a lot more.

Most offer a 90% refund for first 24hrs (mistake buy happen).

So please 90% for first 24hr.

And 25%-35% after.

quote:

Founder Appreciation

That a good thing, it does not imbalance the combat game like a increase in gear strenght.

P.S.

We need a enhancement sell back, they cost more than the item themselves !
Just give back 50% of the enhancement cost in credit (since both varium & credit can be used) that way that money can only be used in enhancement and not used by a non varium to make varium...

< Message edited by Polandor -- 4/27/2011 11:15:12 >
Post #: 6
4/27/2011 11:13:38   
sunis

I am very funny, as you here looking for a decision from the update.
What kind of build a better use?
What kind of weapons, armor, etc.?

I think you should wait a bit, since the update, and the weapons and armor still in production.

Somebody is still difficult to understand that this was done due to the fact that you buy it all again in the ..... manure.

And bought the film will receive a new update, because someone there is not enough money.

The game will be amended and modified, as the basis for money and your passion - the desire to win.

Victims.

In addition varium players are cannon-fodder.

I have bought and varium, counted the status point ... but one morning I found my mage noobs and the Merc.

I was paying for everything in cash, but ... it does not become even views could not tell ... was arrested by my topic - the discussion.

Good luck to you guys to spend money .... just no hope.

One morning, came into the game feeling cheated, and how many after this update.
Post #: 7
4/27/2011 11:16:20   
IsaiahtheMage

@sunis I dont get it????
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/27/2011 11:16:28   
8x

@Atlian: Add the picture too, here you go: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5676/cinderellas.png
Epic  Post #: 9
4/27/2011 11:16:28   
Cookielord12

1k varium thats ok then. at least its not a supermegaultraOP wep
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
4/27/2011 11:18:32   
BlueKatz

TOO LOW

Also, at least we can sell back at 75% for first day, we should be able to try it
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
4/27/2011 11:20:28   
8x

I have only one question for devs... Do we get 15% of varium back for all those gamma bikes and bots that some of us sold?

Epic  Post #: 12
4/27/2011 11:22:09   
Nebula

*sigh* This is such an ongoing theme in EpicDuel. Players complain, Devs give them what they want, players complain. Be happy we actually get it. Sure it could be more, and suggesting it nicely rather than bashing the Devs is better, no?
Post #: 13
4/27/2011 11:22:26   
Matgon

@8x: are you joking? obviously not... to hard to track I guess.

< Message edited by Matgon -- 4/27/2011 11:23:21 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/27/2011 11:24:05   
Defiant

@8rlx0
Thanks! :D

@everyone who said a 75/90% sellback for the first 24 hours
I support that! Although, I've just spend over 3000 varium on weapons and enhancements.
Post #: 15
4/27/2011 11:27:55   
8x

@Matgon: I am asking because Titan(maybe it was NW, I'm not 100% sure) once said that they will do that.

< Message edited by 8rlx0 -- 4/27/2011 11:30:35 >
Epic  Post #: 16
4/27/2011 11:29:19   
Darkling

I have 2 founders but still not enuff to get me back playing ED.
The BIG problem with this game is most items are a combo of gold plus varium.
I suppose one could dingle dangle rares in front to see if we bite but after weeks of buying packages just for gold ...
the well is gonna run dry after awhile.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
4/27/2011 11:35:25   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Regarding varium sellback:
Varium sellback can always go up, and likely will. We chose this figure for the initial introduction of the feature because we did not want our players who'd already sold back items to feel short-changed.

Unfortunately, we cannot factor enhancement prices into varium sellback at this time.

Edit: Disregard above, YES WE CAN!

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 4/27/2011 12:11:10 >
Post #: 18
4/27/2011 11:41:18   
sunis

quote:

Unfortunately, we cannot factor enhancement prices into varium sellback at this time.

Very funny.

This deception will take place again ... because there Epicduel.
Post #: 19
4/27/2011 11:48:25   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@ sunis, it's an issue with the code, not with anything else. The game doesn't see enhancement slots as individual items, it's just a number that goes up. Sellback with both credits and varium is based on the item's price, not enhancements.

Edit: apparently Titan found a way around it. That's why he is the lead programmer and I am not.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 4/27/2011 12:12:28 >
Post #: 20
4/27/2011 11:57:46   
TurkishIncubus

Great Release !!! but what about the enhancements ??? Do we get higher varium back when we sell items with enhance ???

Epic  Post #: 21
4/27/2011 12:00:31   
sunis

15 %????

15% of what it means?

Armor costs 1,000 varium
+ 1400 varium improvement.
From 1000 you will get 150, and from 1400 will not get anything.
Published in 2400, and repayment 150th

Is it frustrating?

Did not Epicduel here?

Varium depreciated?

Global crisis?

Some kind of nonsense.

Signature removed. Please only use it once per page. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 4/27/2011 16:45:59 >
Post #: 22
4/27/2011 12:01:54   
RKC

I was expecting a founders bike or something. But 1,000 varium, that's in the very bottom of my list. Not to be rude but I expected some item that shows we are founders. But oh well 1,000 varium that can by me some uber weapon or something.

As for the varium sell back, only 15% that's the weakest thing ever in AE history, just because they cant refund us they made it 15% without enhancement refund.

You owe us a big refund for those people who sold their items plus the enhancement. I don't want to be rude again but if you release something weak then don't release it. I rather wait for a strong release rather than a weak one.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/27/2011 12:09:05   
BlueKatz

Great...

Now WE GONNA NEED ENHANCEMENTS sell back ONLY, after we sell all those Enhancements, we can continue on selling Varium items

I gonna wait til ED staffs work on that then
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
4/27/2011 12:09:28   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Well, just talked to Titan. He says that enhancements WILL be factored into sellback.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= April 27th Design Notes: Player Appreciation Week!
Page 1 of 612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition