Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

what is a elite?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> what is a elite?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/27/2011 11:59:34   
T.D.A.S

I've been hearing alot about elites and founders and i have no idea what a elite is
Post #: 1
4/27/2011 12:04:27   
Santa ClawZz

This should be going in Q&A, but I'll respond anyway.

Elite was a form of membership that EpicDuel used before they merged with AE. After merging with AE, the EpicDuel developers promised them unlimited varium, then fairly "broke the promise", as they couldn't just have everything for free. They got a couple of other bonuses, very fair ones, as Founder Armor/Badge for free and Beta set for free.

They also have an unique Elite Badge to show appreciation to their help to EpicDuel.

I am Elite.

< Message edited by Santa ClawZz -- 4/27/2011 12:05:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/27/2011 12:05:05   
Snaipera

Elites are the dudes , who upgraded before the merge with Artix Entertainment . They paid 25$ (if I recall correctly) and were promised lifetime membership . But then AE came and introduced varium . Elites , however , were given unlimited varium for a good 2 or 3 months as well as Founder status . However , when introducing token boosters , the ED team couldn't give Elites unlimited varium any more (.. you can guess why) so they gave them 20 000 varium and a hoverbike . A famous Elite would be Donna Matrix , if you wish to know more ,you could PM here.

^Oh yeah , forgot the guy on top of me . He's also a well-known Elite I suppose . Very few of them left now ^^.

< Message edited by Snaipera -- 4/27/2011 12:06:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/27/2011 12:06:28   
RKC

Well the Epic duel staff deleted the complete info on elites (so we dont have proof they cheated on them)

But so summarize it: Elites are people who paid before they merge with AE. Its like the Dragon Amulet in Dragonfable were they only have to pay once to get full access to the game.

The offer is gone when they merge with AE and was replaced with Varium.

< Message edited by RKC -- 4/27/2011 12:08:21 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 4
4/27/2011 12:13:16   
veneeria

long story short: it is membership on epicduel with the same price of guardianship on AdventureQuest.

Imagine, free varium for an eternity... yeah.. that is what "being an Elite" means.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/27/2011 12:25:22   
Luna_moonraider

Elites are the forgoten once. an elite use to get varium every update elites were promised unlimitad varium but due to some technical fault *cough* devs being cheap and want to cut down loses *cough* thye did not get wat was promised to them the got 20k varium,a badge and arcade bike which looks ugly IMO. NOw they are the forgoten once and soon founder will be too. after this update founders would get 1000 var and they will be forgoten like the elites.

AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/27/2011 15:23:37   
xxmirxx

quote:

It looks like a lot the broken promises cited here are actually assumptions. 1) Founder armor was never promised to be the best armor in the game forever. Any buff received after it's release was influenced by popular opinion, but entirely at the discretion of the developers. It can still be argued that it's one of the strongest and definitely one of the rarest items in the game. 2) Elites were not promised new bonuses each update. Their unlimited varium reduced to a finite supply (20k) because unlimited varium would never have balanced with most of the varium features in game. They also received Founder and Beta gear free, plus a hoverbike that is only available as a rare arcade drop. As developers, we are constantly faced with the challenge of pleasing our past supporters while not alienating future supporters. Each prior phase wants better perks than the more recent phase, so this creates a massive implied obligation on our part. If we went this route, each release would consist of creating
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
4/27/2011 15:26:14   
voidance

Well i feel that they got cheated just because a promise was broken, but for what they paid that got a dam good deal. (Considering what 20$ gets you today)
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
4/27/2011 15:44:44   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Let's use ED Q&A, please.

~Locked
AQ  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> what is a elite?
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition