Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: What was really promised to founders ...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What was really promised to founders ...
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/28/2011 4:07:04   
8x

@RKC By looking on your character page I am guessing that you bought 5k varium package 2 times, all together I bought 60k varium and I didn't get free varium, so be happy that you got at least something... (And don't give me "I supported first month" crap, because a lot more people(including me) would support if all payment options were available...)

< Message edited by 8rlx0 -- 4/28/2011 4:29:23 >

Epic  Post #: 26
4/28/2011 4:20:39   
xxmirxx

above agree
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
4/28/2011 5:09:09   
Shadronica

I am just so OVER this discussion on Founders.

Founder amor obviously wasn't promised to be the best in the game forever. AND now it most certainly isn't. You can't argue with me on that point because as of the latest update my NON Founder alt is far better in Bunny armor than my Founder mage.

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Founders NEVER promised to be around forever either. Founders should be GONE from this game FOREVER right?

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Founders have NEVER spent enough money on this game right? http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=Shadronica http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=shadist

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Yep lets just forget that there was ANY players here before you came to this game right? I mean how dare Founders want to wear an armor that you didn't get because as far as your concerned the game started when you did right?

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Non varium players are still getting beaten pretty badly by non founders right? OH MY! Shock horror!

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

No ... founders were not promised that we would have the best armor in the game forever but what part of "WE DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE THE BEST ARMOR IN THE GAME FOREVER WE WOULD BE HAPPY FOR MINOR ADJUSTMENTS TO BE MADE OCCASIONALLY TO BE ABLE TO USE IT" did you not understand?

Now run along like good little children and learn to play nice because I at least feel HAPPIER for getting this off my chest. ;)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
4/28/2011 5:22:23   
Azien

We don't actually need an armor buff, we just need a bigger reward not armor buff, we need 5k varium just like elite! So what do you mean "selfish"? We're not being selfish here, Titan and Nightwraith need also to listen to our ideas also. Because without us(players) this game will just be trash, they needed also our money. So its there time to "pay" us(founders) atleast 5k varium...

ED IGN: Azien
Level: 33
Current Faction: Imersion Relics
Last faction(Leaved): ED Legends
Post #: 29
4/28/2011 5:34:38   
Silver Sky Magician

The thing is, it would be quite unreasonable for founders to get constant buffs. Seasonal rares get buffed, but people have to re-buy the rares to get the buffed version, unlike the founder armour, which was already buffed several times. The so-called 'usable' actually refers to 'best', which the devs never promised and the founders have no right to claim.

We appreciate the support elites and founders have given to the game, but I think that founders are asking for a bit too much now. You already had plenty of benefits and I don't see a reason why you should be constantly rewarded for your past support. The devs have acknowledged your contribution and rewarded you accordingly. For you to get essentially unlimited benefits is illogical. For your present support, you attain the ability to purchase varium items.

Post #: 30
4/28/2011 5:41:47   
zenix

Thanks ED_TankMage for this topic, famed you
Post #: 31
4/28/2011 5:41:47   
T.600

^Take out the 1st two lines and your right. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
4/28/2011 5:53:16   
zenix

*blushes* this topic has a second page and i didn't even read all of page 1

quote:

@RKC By looking on your character page I am guessing that you bought 5k varium package 2 times, all together I bought 60k varium and I didn't get free varium, so be happy that you got at least something... (And don't give me "I supported first month" crap, because a lot more people(including me) would support if all payment options were available...)

... and a lot people supported the game for several months, not only a one or two timer at the start.
I bought Beta Weapons twice (look at my double beta staves if you need proof), well actually, the large varium package back then ^^ What did i get ? The only still suitable items of Beta are the achievement (which was free, has nothing to do with battling, and i am far above the 5 star rating) and the Blaster, due to its 17 stats and 10 slots. But right now i don't have the varium and credits left to enhence it (or maybe i'm just waiting for lvl 33 sidearms, who knows O.o ).
I bought alltogether 7 large varium packages. Where did i get ? Maybe i would have gotten much farther, if i were more active and saved my previous items, but as i have to work, i didn't had the time to farm as much NPC and 1vs1 as needed. And the varium sellback comes only, lately, just now. Seriously? -.-
Do i complain, that Beta Items are outdated and Betas did not get anything special that lasted us more than one entire year for a one time payment ? No.
Do i complain, that the varium sellback comes toooooo late to be of any use for me ? Not really.
Do i complain, that the game (and founders) are too greedy? Yes. But if founders have the right to be greedy, i have the right to complain

< Message edited by zenix -- 4/28/2011 6:03:08 >
Post #: 33
4/28/2011 8:21:19   
Competition

Let's make a promo armor for only 2 hours! We're going to buff it every month to keep up with the rest of the items we're releasing so you don't have to spend anything!
You missed out on the armor? Too bad because you didn't buy it in time! Problem?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
4/28/2011 15:09:20   
xxmirxx

above I hope didn't mean it
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
4/28/2011 15:51:47   
ED Prince of Shadows

I believe it is fair that the armor is buffed to be 2 defense under the best armor. The stats should remain the same unless seriously UP'd later on.

AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/28/2011 16:12:28   
bluefrog

ive got a bit of a idea. what about making a new kinda founder amrour that can be worn over normal armor. it doesnt have to give any extra stats but if it did i dont think people would mind 1 or 2 more stats.also this would make founders buy newer armours but they also get to have founders on.
Post #: 37
4/28/2011 16:18:43   
2qazwsxedc

@zenix I don't think you bought beta weps twice due to the fact that it came with 2.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 38
4/28/2011 17:48:40   
*Nova*

quote:

You guys who are non varium what did you do to deserve something.

We never said we did.
It should be Founders got founder armor and free varium, and non founders get nothing.
NOT Founders get a armor buff everytime their armor is out of usage.

quote:

or +1 point Resistance in our armor

Is that all you really want? It won't be able to do much anyway. You're just prolonging how long Founder will remain OP.
Once Armor with +9 or higher are released, you all will come on back here and demand a buff.
What happened to you guys thinking Founder Armor should be the BEST? Have you given up on it?
For as long as I lived, I know that when human demand for a long period time for something, they never let go of the thing they had been working so hard to persuade into another's minds. Do you guy now finally admit you were wrong?

This is the same with the Bunny Bazookas. I really don't understand why when ED say that these items are CURRENTLY the strongest in the game or the strongest 'til Beta Stage ends but you all think that they meant it'll be forever the strongest. Something this early in production of the game can never be the strongest. They'll always think of newer ideas, that overlap the previous.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 4/28/2011 17:51:19 >
DF MQ  Post #: 39
4/28/2011 18:11:09   
Sparticus

@ED_TankMage: Do you have access to the old ED forum? Back in the day when the DEVs used to actually post on the forum they posted lots of information that was never included in the DN. I wish I had access to the old forum because I would bet there is more to this then what you are able to show from the DNs.

As to the promise. Founders armor is what it is. What ever you think you want it to be or become, you just all need to get over it. Regardless of what was said in the past, I recommend you all just move on. Life is too short to argue about stuff like this.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
4/28/2011 18:21:15   
helloguy

@XXMirXX Most of your posts are completely wrong. Founder badge was given the second you made a purchase. There was no "50$" package that gave you beta badge and Founder badge.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/28/2011 23:32:19   
TankMage

@Spart
quote:

Do you have access to the old ED forum? Back in the day when the DEVs used to actually post on the forum they posted lots of information that was never included in the DN. I wish I had access to the old forum because I would bet there is more to this then what you are able to show from the DNs.

I was a player during that time, just like you. And I still can't remember anything about the promise. If anyone can prove this wrong I would gladly post it, But until then the thread stays as it is. (Do not take offense to this, I have major respect to you as a player)
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
4/28/2011 23:54:54   
xxmirxx

quote:

@XXMirXX Most of your posts are completely wrong. Founder badge was given the second you made a purchase. There was no "50$" package that gave you beta badge and Founder badge.

I said I think and I wasn't sure about that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
4/29/2011 7:00:26   
zenix

quote:

@zenix I don't think you bought beta weps twice due to the fact that it came with 2.

http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Beta_Blaster
Hmm...
Oh, look at the sellback:
http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Beta_Cleaver_%28Level_12%29
http://www.epicduelwiki.com/index.php/Beta_Cleaver_%28Level_25%29

2qazwsxedc, so you think i sold all other, but i held on to the lvl 12 Beta Staff, juft in case that one year later these discussion threads will appear?
I could also screenshot it and pm you, if you still think i'm untrue.
As far as i know: The doubled Beta Classprimaries are not directly adressed as a bug. Those who have them may PM Titan and ask him to remove it - or they may hold on to the doubled weapon.
But back to topic.

quote:

quote:

or +1 point Resistance in our armor

Is that all you really want? It won't be able to do much anyway. You're just prolonging how long Founder will remain OP.
Once Armor with +9 or higher are released, you all will come on back here and demand a buff.

I feel unwell about the term "you all", as there are also... uhm... honest Founders. Still i agree: If the armor gets upgraded now, and stronger armors are released, won't a part of the Founders come back to the forums and say "buff our armor once more, we deserve it" ?
Repeating the question:
quote:

What happened to you guys thinking Founder Armor should be the BEST?

Founder armor was said to be only one of the strongest armors, not the strongest. There was no such word like "for all times", only "one of the strongest".
Founder was released January 2010 and unbeaten by any other armor at that time. Desert armor were released when? August? So Founder had 8 months of unrivaled playtime. But then came enhencements, Founder got 6 more enhencement than Desert, and Founder was buffed by 1 Resistance, yet again making this armor the strongest. Space Warrior, the new strong armor, was released January 2011, one year after Founder.
And Founder is still one of the strongest Armors - 26 stats at maximum, 7 resistance, smart players can do a lot with it and considering that some Founders posess Space Warrior, Warbot and/or Bunny Armor, but still use FounderArmor... do i even need to explain?

@Sparticus
I play ED since January 2010 - hard to belive, 'cause i don't have such many fights, but still. I also read the original EDF and if i remember correctly, it wasn't ever promised that Founder Armor will be the best forever.
This single word is the point that all this arguing appears.
[Edit]But maybe i got you wrong. If so, please excuse me. It was a long week.[/edit]

On a "funny" sidenote: If all the payment methods we have today had been available back then, i would also be Founder

And lastly, as Soliqe pointed out in his thread (well, actually, i abuse his conclusion for my own good, but i guess he also did it):
The devs do not need or have to upgrade Founders at all, if they do, it is their own will, if they don't it's just the same, the devs are eligible to change any feature as they please.
Yes, it is hard to get this into ones head. I also struggle with it everytime an update is made that i don't like. And i'd definately go amok if they upgrade Founders once more. But hey, life is a lemon O.o

< Message edited by zenix -- 4/29/2011 7:15:25 >
Post #: 44
4/29/2011 7:27:32   
8x

@zenix You got 2x lvl 25 beta staff because of a bug that happend when you changed class.
Epic  Post #: 45
4/29/2011 7:35:26   
Nebula

@Silver Sky Magician That is not true, if you have a seasonal-rare, you don't have to rebuy it everytime it gets buffed, the one you currently have gets buffed too.

@8x it wasn't a bug, its just that the staff couldn't programme the beta weapons to change with class changing at the time. It was a coding issue, not a bug.

< Message edited by Nebula -- 4/29/2011 7:36:38 >
Post #: 46
4/29/2011 7:47:22   
zenix

Yup. I asked in the bugforum. The PM i recieved just told me what i stated: You "may" ask Titan to remove the doubled item, you "don't have to". So this isn't a real bug. At least, this is what i got out of it. And since it doesn't provide anything special, other than rating points, i also see the devs point of reducing their amount of work.

< Message edited by zenix -- 4/29/2011 7:48:01 >
Post #: 47
4/29/2011 8:18:16   
Silver Sky Magician

@Nebula

Really? That's great, since I have two seasonal rares :) But why were so many people complaining about having to rebuy Frostbane (if I recall correctly, which I think I do) if seasonal rares are buffed?
Post #: 48
4/29/2011 8:19:17   
My Name is Jake
Banned

@Shadronica

quote:

Founder amor obviously wasn't promised to be the best in the game forever. AND now it most certainly isn't. You can't argue with me on that point because as of the latest update my NON Founder alt is far better in Bunny armor than my Founder mage.

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

The only way I can see your non founder alt being far better is if it is a different class, or using a far better build or equipment because Bunny Borg is not far better than Founder armour, it is only slightly better. It looks like you're trying to make Bunny Borg seem 9932592324255599533x better than the Founder armour when it isn't.

quote:

Founders NEVER promised to be around forever either. Founders should be GONE from this game FOREVER right?

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

No, some should just stop whinging as soon as there is a better armour than the Founder armour.

quote:

Yep lets just forget that there was ANY players here before you came to this game right? I mean how dare Founders want to wear an armor that you didn't get because as far as your concerned the game started when you did right?

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

Just complete crap IMO, just assuming every non-founder thinks this. Also, you can wear use Founder armour and do well seeing as it is the second best armour in the game.

quote:

Non varium players are still getting beaten pretty badly by non founders right? OH MY! Shock horror!

ARE YOU ALL HAPPY NOW?

SO HORRENDOUS.

quote:

No ... founders were not promised that we would have the best armor in the game forever but what part of "WE DON'T EXPECT IT TO BE THE BEST ARMOR IN THE GAME FOREVER WE WOULD BE HAPPY FOR MINOR ADJUSTMENTS TO BE MADE OCCASIONALLY TO BE ABLE TO USE IT" did you not understand?

This just looks like lies seeing as you said you don't expect it to be the best armour in the game forever then saying you would be happy for minor adjustments to be made occasionally, just after it became the second best armour in the game, only just.

< Message edited by Jake01 -- 4/29/2011 8:26:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
4/29/2011 9:16:08   
Nebula

@Silver Sky Magician Are you sure you're not confusing it with the many players complaining that it was getting re-released? Anyway, when it was, the original weapon never changed in level, so the players who aleady had it just got the +1 damage and 10 enhanceemnt slots added on.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: What was really promised to founders ...
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition