Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What was really promised to founders ...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What was really promised to founders ...
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/28/2011 0:24:27   
TankMage

Ok with all the hype over the "Founders Deserve a Buff" issue. "We were promised that founder would be the best armour." I've decided to go through all the Design notes ever created Starting around the time founder was released in December 2009.

Ok so heres the DN's and quotes from the DN's (These DN's are ALL the DN's that mention founder armour)

1 ~ December 09, 2009 ~Varium, Founder, Achievements, and Rewards!

2 ~ January 06, 2010 ~ Founder Armor - Stacking AE Upgrade Cards!

3 ~ January 18, 2010 ~ The Founder upgrade period Finishes

quote:

-Founder status will expire!
-Founder Duel Master Armor will go RARE!
-After the Founder status expires and we can no longer offer the Founder Duel Master Armor, our new promotional items for the Medium and large Varium packages will be new Beta Weapons! Players that have already upgraded to Founder will receive these RARE items for Free on Monday!.

4 ~ February 19, 2010 ~ Elites lose their unlimited varium
quote:

Notice Regarding Elites:

I am sad to announce that due to new game mechanics involving consumable varium items, we can no longer offer unlimited Varium to Elites. This privilege, although generous, prevented us from developing new features that would make Elites infinitely powerful, such as boosters, consumable buffs, Varium to credit conversion, and item enhancements. However, we still want to reward Elites for their crucial early support of the game by granting them 20,000 Varium + they will be the first to receive the Hoverbike in the next update for free. We understand if you feel slighted, this was not a decision we made lightly, but it is in the best interest of the game and a matter of fairness to the community at large to discontinue the unlimited Varium offer. It simply became a nearly impossible design challenge to build every new Varium feature around a few hundred players when there are now 500,000 registered accounts. This may, no doubt, be disappointing to some Elites, but, ultimately, Varium, achievements, or any other baubles we can award you in-game are paultry trinkets when it comes to thanking you for supporting us during those shaky early days of EpicDuel. We are genuinely grateful for your support, and we definitely would not be here today without you. We appreciate your continued loyalty, and hope you continue to duel with us as EpicDuel grows and evolves.

For a recap, here is a list of all that Elites have received/will receive:
Elite Achievement
Founder Achievement
Founder Armor
Beta Weapons
Three months of unlimited Varium
Color-Customizable Hoverbike

5 ~ June 25, 2010 ~ Gamma first gets announced

6 ~ July 9th, 2010 ~ The first Gamma DN is posted.

7 ~ July 30, 2010 ~ Another Gamma Preview
quote:

Plus, everyone has something else to look forward to in this release:
Elites and Founders > Achievement ratings will improve by 500 points each
Beta Participants > Beta Weapons will improve dramatically (watch the videos for more details)
Free Players > New Armor sets, plus the existing Assault Bot will be added as a rare prize in Valestras arcade.

8 ~ November 24, 2010 ~ Armour enhancements introduced
quote:

Finally bring back those dusty old armors from storage and give them a much-needed boost with armor enhancements! Founders will be rewarded by receiving 10 enhancement slots for their legendary armor. More than any in the game!

quote:

New Features!

* Frostbane returns! Free with purchase of the 10k varium package or from Titan and Nightwraith in Central Station.
* Increased enhancement slots on Frostbane!
* Armor enhancements! Add stat points to your armor! Founder armor receives 10 slots!
* All primary weapons receive an additional 2 available enhancement slots!
* New Daily War Kill leaderboard tracks emplacement kills for each player!
* New Warlord achievement for winners of the Daily War Kills leaderboard!

Ok so there you have it. I've read through every DN ever posted and come up with no evidence of "Founder will always be the best" promises or mentions.

Note: I personally have no opinion on whether or not a Buff is needed. I just wanted to show people what was actually said.

< Message edited by ED_TankMage -- 4/28/2011 1:03:15 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 1
4/28/2011 0:25:50   
Bunshichi

^

Thats what I said to. But many people on here cannot except that.

< Message edited by Bunshichi -- 4/28/2011 0:26:23 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/28/2011 0:30:07   
BurningFlames

I'm a founder and I would love just like an appreciation bike lol XD Nothing to help me in battle just a little pride shower :P Just to tell us hey the admins still like you guys even though your really greedy :)

AQW Epic  Post #: 3
4/28/2011 0:34:41   
Bunshichi

^

Good suggestion Burning. Like an exclusive founders only bike with rare status.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
4/28/2011 0:46:20   
Polandor

Yea nobody would be against a bike, a house, some varium.
anything that do not imbalance the game, or show disrespect to high paying gamma (non founder) customer.

NO We don't want the Founder armor to be buffed AGAIN.

That would be great, have an option to wear founder armor for look only (a skin, like AQW), (no stats bonus, no res, no enhancement) when you use another armor.

And wear any armor under it for full bonus.

No imbalance, founder still have the most beautiful armor for ever...

So you guys keep the look for ever, and the armor never have to be buffed.

If you wear the armor alone, you have the full benefit of the founder armor.
Post #: 5
4/28/2011 1:29:44   
helloguy

I'm a founder. I dont want founder armor to be buffe for my own benefit. But would love something that says I'm a founder(besides the armor,because I don't have it.and the badge is kinda useless.) I wanted a robot,weapon,bike,or maybe just a special tag on my chest or face. Practically anything that can show I'm founder.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 6
4/28/2011 1:33:51   
T.600

Founder has been the best armor for too long now! I'm tired of it please make a beta shop with a rare beta armor or something.:O
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
4/28/2011 1:34:44   
xxmirxx

hellguy you don't have founder armor so you be considered non founders.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 4/28/2011 1:36:24 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
4/28/2011 1:38:14   
helloguy

@xxmirxx
I come from a rare species called "Founders without armor" I have the badge,I just don't have the armor
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
4/28/2011 1:47:33   
xxmirxx

Nvm I don't think you get what I mean. The badges came in later game I think they had deal just b4 gamma came in that if you buy 10k pack you get beta weps and founder badge.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
4/28/2011 1:53:07   
RKC

As I stated in my Thread I did not say that ED made a promise with us founders.

The unfair part is ED buff seasonal rares but not the ultra rares.

Tell me, if without the elites will ED be here today? If you look back to the history of this game, way before they joined with AE. The game and art sucks so bad.

Even so elites paid for a game that isn't even sure if it will be successful. They took the risk, But to no avail they were abandoned, the promise that elites will only pay once and only once was thrown away.

Founders on the other hand took the second risk even if we knew they abandoned their first supporters (Elites). (Tell me would you trust a game that abandoned their other supporters?) but still we did support them.

We only ask for something of our own and no one outside our status could get. But instead they gave us varium that everyone can have.

As for me, that something of our own, is buffing our founders armor by just one point resistance.

< Message edited by RKC -- 4/28/2011 2:03:10 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 11
4/28/2011 2:01:11   
xxmirxx

Above yes it would cause it was advertise on AE games like DF and thanks to them adding 2vs2 an 1vs1 all times and daily. If was for merge to AE forums we would have less then 1000 online on week ends. elites were ones got free sneak peek on ED before went live. I know this cause I try make account back then.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 4/28/2011 2:04:41 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
4/28/2011 2:03:15   
T.600

Founders are being REALLY selfish now..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
4/28/2011 2:03:38   
RKC

@xxmirxx
can you fix your post I cant understand you.

< Message edited by RKC -- 4/28/2011 2:04:00 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 14
4/28/2011 2:06:08   
xxmirxx

sorry what part you need clarify.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
4/28/2011 2:12:10   
RKC

@xxmirxx
quote:

elites were ones got free sneak peek on ED before went live.

Nope ED and the elites did not know they would someday merge with AE. It was for some freaky twist of fate they met and merge with AE.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 16
4/28/2011 2:19:57   
T.600

So founders have the best looking armor in the game, best stat placement, most stats, an achievment which has already been buffed. Their armor got buffed (given 10 slots). The armor has been at the top ever since it was released and its only level 25... Now they're getting 1k varium for free. The only thing founders were promised were an achievment and armor for those who purchased the larger varium packages yet the devs have given them more than promised. They still keep on complaining and they won't stop because they don't know what it feels like to be weak. As for elites, you want them to have unlimited varium just so the game's development can cease to progress? Founders also got the beta weps for free whereas elites got all the perks of a founder and in addition an extra achievment, unlimited varium, 20k varium ( that's 100 USD) when unlimited varium was taken away.

EDIT: As a non founder I've had to use the +6 armors, +8 armors such as cadens cuirass and the oh so ugly uni-gender armors such as space warrior. And I'll tell you what. Here's the difference between you and me. I'm happy for founder duel master armor to be buffed as long as non founders get an armor just as good as founder armor ( even if it is level 33).

Please limit yourself to one signature per page. ~Syr

< Message edited by Syr Frostbite -- 4/28/2011 3:07:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
4/28/2011 2:25:28   
xxmirxx

I was talk not about on forums. It was on side of DF showing on side says to check out Sponsors its on your right side and on ballyhoo show adds thats how I found out.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
4/28/2011 2:26:55   
RKC

@T.600

We did not ask for varium. We ask for something only our status can get, like a bike maybe or +1 point Resistance in our armor
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 19
4/28/2011 2:32:25   
TankMage

If your unhappy with free varium, Decline it and get nothing?
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
4/28/2011 2:32:34   
xxmirxx

quote:

EDIT: As a non founder I've had to use the +6 armors, +8 armors such as cadens cuirass and the oh so ugly uni-gender armors such as space warrior. And I'll tell you what. Here's the difference between you and me. I'm happy for founder duel master armor to be buffed as long as non founders get an armor just as good as founder armor ( even if it is level 33).

that sounds fair to me.
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
4/28/2011 3:28:44   
TurkishIncubus

^

Yes its fair to me too , Make an armor +9 and +26 stat modifiers than founder armor can buff to +9 than founders will use the best armor in game but we will use the best too.

Epic  Post #: 22
4/28/2011 3:54:01   
RKC

Ok heres the deal. We got founders armor because we supported ED in the first months so we deserve it. You guys who are non varium what did you do to deserve something.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 23
4/28/2011 3:58:14   
xxmirxx

well tell are friends spread word of month to are long distance family. I think you mean non founders not non varium.
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
4/28/2011 4:01:46   
TankMage

quote:

Ok heres the deal. We got founders armor because we supported ED in the first months so we deserve it. You guys who are non varium what did you do to deserve something.

Non-Variums probably make up over 50% of the player base. (Therefore supporting the game by us having a much larger player base.)

quote:

We got founders armor because we supported ED in the first months so we deserve it.

You actually supported in the first month with Artix Entertainment. Elites supported in the first months.

What makes you different to the rest of us who have bought varium? You just bought at a different time.
I personally got the Beta weapons, But began playing during the Founder promo (December 2009)
AQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What was really promised to founders ...
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition