Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Creative builds just dont' work anymore

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Creative builds just dont' work anymore
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2011 1:39:56   
edwardvulture

So I'm drawing a blank on what build to try next. It seems that all the best build makers have left the game. Build making used to be an adventure. What is left now is 5 bonus or MP spam, which doesn't really work for nonvarium players. Even though extreme builds have been slightly nerfed, balanced builds have been nerfed worse because it got penalized in all the stats. The overall message is that it is now things a bit more balanced, was it worth the cost of fun?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
4/30/2011 1:44:09   
Shocka

I wish we were back at the stage of the heal loopers. That was the best even for non mages. Creativity flourished more than now.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
4/30/2011 1:50:03   
PivotalDisorder

erm, u missed support build ;)
Post #: 3
4/30/2011 2:00:43   
edwardvulture

Yep, too much critz though, yes I missed beta nad the pre-enahncement era
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
4/30/2011 2:17:40   
T.600

Enhancements destroyed the game, there's no going back now and we all know it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
4/30/2011 2:58:58   
Remorse

I know what you mean , I'm cosidered a build maker and im finding it particular hard atm. i have found that the most sucsesfull build with no weakness is the focus merc , but that build in itself is boring, thres not much they do apart from robot aux, heal , and get hit for bugger all damage. But I have tried a few diffrent ones with sucsses (atm i'm double healing BH :O). If you want help with a build I will gladly help i usally hang around oz 7, I can make complete builds for either BH or Mercs . Or suggestions for tweaking any build.
Remorse Less
Epic  Post #: 6
4/30/2011 3:06:01   
HydroMonk

RIP Venom Strike aka POISON
Post #: 7
4/30/2011 3:11:39   
Remorse

quote:

HydroMonk RIP Venom Strike aka POISON
lol ikr they should at least take the 70% thing away e.e
Epic  Post #: 8
4/30/2011 3:38:23   
PivotalDisorder

venom strike in 1v1 is pretty good imo. and my bh isnt a str stacker.
Post #: 9
4/30/2011 4:25:57   
Chaos1x

Thats a shame. my favorite part about this game was making new builds.

To bring creativity and strategy back into this game class advancements are required.
Post #: 10
4/30/2011 7:26:36   
King FrostLich

I can still make one last more for mages. But nah I'll not restore our glory back :P.
Epic  Post #: 11
4/30/2011 7:29:16   
jegaggin

well mercs never ahd a creative build so yah.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
4/30/2011 9:08:20   
Goony
Constructive!

^ simply not true...

I have been messing around and was recently used a 199hp 123st build. Was a bit of fun, I got hit by a critical and was blocked almost every game and still won most of them ;)

Must have been uber fun for those strength BH who smoked me and had a critical massacre for well over 100 damage...

The range of builds is only limited by your imagination or having a buddy like Storms XD

In Epic Duel,
success is not final,
failure is not fatal
and it is the courage to continue that counts!
Epic  Post #: 13
4/30/2011 9:10:37   
T.600

^yes they did...-.-
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
4/30/2011 9:13:05   
Agiluz

my high dex multi build still kinda works in 2 vs 2 but its's useless as a high tech mage without mana xD

Rogue Ninja
Post #: 15
4/30/2011 18:24:44   
Xendran

Who remembers when creative builds like this WORKED?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhRlkblLsh4

And there was no need to spend 5,000 varium just enhancing your gear.

Back in the day, we could afford to have a whole arsenal of weapons without having to upgrade them all, allowing is to try virtually any build we wanted!

< Message edited by Xendran -- 4/30/2011 18:25:30 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
4/30/2011 18:29:01   
Nebula

^And then came Gamma.
Post #: 17
4/30/2011 19:59:34   
edwardvulture

Now to think of it.... the robot was also a creativity killer. Before it was first introduced, no one had 35 35 35 35 stats and that kind of crap.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
4/30/2011 20:29:54   
Silent Scream

Agreed... pretty much everyone has the same build now and we all have to just go along with it because if we dont any other build we make is just too weak and doesnt work well at all with these recent changes =/

Nearly every merc i fight is Focus.. then you still get the odd high support merc and high strength merc

Every mage i fight either has a high support or focus build

Every BH i fight either has a high strength build or focus build

This is getting really tired

Facing the same builds over and over again.... and anyone who doesnt have one of these builds just gets smashed

I miss beta... =/

- Silent
Epic  Post #: 19
4/30/2011 20:35:42   
Matgon

Lol if it's obviously not a high support/strenght build what else is it going to be apart from focus?

What really bothers me is agility, remove it for one week and see how things go, please.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
4/30/2011 20:38:15   
xxmirxx

quote:

Thats a shame. my favorite part about this game was making new builds. To bring creativity and strategy back into this game class advancements are required.

I agree
AQ Epic  Post #: 21
4/30/2011 20:49:23   
jegaggin

@ silent im your odd high support :D i get owned by focus mercs -.- maybe use one in the future (again). I found using a focus build a tad boring.
One question i wish to pose. Can you think of any build that is relatively successful (80%) that a merc DOESNT abuse one stat.

< Message edited by jegaggin -- 4/30/2011 20:54:07 >

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
4/30/2011 21:20:07   
One Winged Angel1357

i have a real creative build it took my afew retrains to perfect it and even now i still see room for improvement and to boot my F2P mage build(of which i will not share its style for fear of it being stolen) was able to defeat a mostly varium focus BH in a fair fight no crits blocks or deflects

and i personally see two things wrong with my own statement
1) F2P beat a varium of the same level in a fair fight
2)focus BH went down even with the advantage on my weakness(being my low res and def)

so not only do i have a creative build i have a powerful build

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
4/30/2011 23:47:27   
edwardvulture

^Show me screeny or meet me somewhere plz
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
4/30/2011 23:58:12   
goldslayer1

@everyone
STR bh was made by dax, she was creative with the build, its actually a good build if use strategy with it.
its not her fault that alot of uncreative people decided to copy her.
after the stats diminishment i made a str BH build similar, but not an exact copy, i made modifications to it and to me it works better than the old one.
altho a new version came out now after stat diminishment where they put their cheapshot at lvl 8
and use extra energy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Creative builds just dont' work anymore
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition