Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Will mages ever recover?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Will mages ever recover?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/30/2011 19:46:09   
Deboise

mages have been the weakest of the three classes for a while ..but i don't mind i enjoy the difficulty of the mage, which is why i have never changed
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/30/2011 19:48:44   
Basicball

'no phys staves' => OG staff
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
4/30/2011 20:09:39   
King FrostLich

Yes they can I know I can restore mages with a build but nah I won't. It'll make us overpowered again.
Epic  Post #: 28
4/30/2011 20:15:26   
altimatum

need a phys stave (OG staff is plain horrible....*shudders) but you can totally do well with mages
Post #: 29
4/30/2011 20:21:17   
King FrostLich

I can sense now why everyone wants physical staff.

*Future Mage Build*

Hp:100-110
Mp: 48-50
Str: 44
Dex: xxx
tech:xxx
Support:xxx

Primary: 11-14+33 (Physical)
Sidearm: 11-14+33(+9) energy
Auxiliary: 21-26+38(energy)

Skill Tree:

Lvl 6 field medic
Lvl 7 deadly aim
*so on and so forth*

This just means..... mages will all have energy unblockables and therefore malfing builds will appear like crazier than before.
Epic  Post #: 30
4/30/2011 20:35:46   
TankMage

Ok admittedly mages may not be the absolute best class at the moment. But yesterday I won the daily 1v1 with 92.5% win ratio
(550 wins) as a Tech Mage, So I don't think we're completely gone you just need to know how to use the class.

AQ Epic  Post #: 31
4/30/2011 20:37:50   
Atomic garden

I'm running a sort of support build atm.

But if their is anything I learned from being a str mage is that you should not underestimate the malf strike combo!
Post #: 32
4/30/2011 20:40:04   
Gold

I think Mages have already recovered with the use of Malfunction, high Reroute, and Deadly Aim.

Unless you have Assault Bot and you have a skill with which to negate the severe lack of Technology afterwards, you're dead :P

I am Gold, for I am many.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
4/30/2011 20:47:42   
helloguy

@Lord Sinastr
Do you have anything to back up that non sense?

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
4/30/2011 22:00:47   
xxmirxx

quote:

Ok admittedly mages may not be the absolute best class at the moment. But yesterday I won the daily 1v1 with 92.5% win ratio (550 wins) as a Tech Mage, So I don't think we're completely gone you just need to know how to use the class

I have won my at 556 wins 93 percent. Btw not xxmirxx
AQ Epic  Post #: 35
4/30/2011 22:20:16   
Wraith

@Helloguy: Don't be a sore loser XD. Admit it. I am Devils Wraith. I'm the guy that said hey are you Livelovelaugh to helloguy or you. Your like...no, maybe. Remember me now? I owned you :)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
4/30/2011 22:25:46   
helloguy

I Dont Remember Half The Things i Do In A Day :P

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
4/30/2011 22:40:15   
EE

I give mad props to Cellestine (sp?) over her latest build. It doesn't even use deadly aim and has the possibility of using a lvl 1 overload as a lvl 32 mage. It's a fantastic build for those who like a challenge.

The Warlock.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 38
4/30/2011 22:49:27   
xxmirxx

quote:

I Dont Remember Half The Things i Do In A Day :P

I don't blame you most of times I am high on ED. lol
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
4/30/2011 23:06:10   
Atomic garden

@EE

Hrmmm a new build has emerged???
Post #: 40
4/30/2011 23:14:53   
helloguy

Nvm :P

< Message edited by helloguy -- 4/30/2011 23:23:16 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
5/1/2011 0:00:47   
EE

Here is Celestine's build that I use a similar one to Celestine's build If you do some digging, you'll find she's posted builds from lvl 31-33. It is 5 focus, but it doesn't completely revolve around bots and leaves you with plenty of other options
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 42
5/1/2011 0:08:21   
eragonshadeslayer67

Lol looks like it's people's lack of creativity, I finally sold half of my invent and put enhancements onto my gun + zooka and I must say mages ROCK, I threw together a 4 focus heal loop build and won ALL fair fights including sup/str/5 focus mercs, str/5 focus BHs, and EVERY single mage I faced

and for all who thinks that ONLY celestine's build is competable against BHs/mercs, my build has 0 assim. and I use a sword, so no staff is really needed to bring out a mage's true potential, the only thing that makes people come to a conclusion of mages being Uped is because they all pretty much use the same phys prim energy gun/zooka build that really fails to compare anymore, so it is ALL about strategy
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 43
5/1/2011 0:12:33   
Atomic garden

Im working on a support build right now and its coming along quite well!

As soon as I build my new compy (pm me for details) and get some left over money im buying slots for my gun and zooka!

Post #: 44
5/1/2011 0:17:07   
EE

quote:

and for all who thinks that ONLY celestine's build is competable against BHs/mercs, my build has 0 assim

Yeah, you are making a jump that I don't think Evel Kineval could make. There is no claim out there saying that it's the only build that works, its just another build of many that works. Your argument there is pretty moot.

@below the point to my original post was to express there are creative builds out there that take advantage of assimilation, a skill most mages don't use all that often. And by all that often, I mean maybe there is 1 or 2 stat points put into the skill, so it's more of a 'just-in-case' move. The sword/malf/DA build has been around as long as the game, nothing really new about it...or creative.

< Message edited by EE -- 5/1/2011 0:39:30 >
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 45
5/1/2011 0:30:35   
eragonshadeslayer67

^and your point is?...... that your great with refrences and comparisons? (well bravo to you)
I simply meant by my statement, that there is way more creativity avaliable to mages than people think and 5 focus with energy leeching isn't the only variation aside from "copy+paste" builds that actually work
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
5/1/2011 1:16:14   
truc

Guys, mages are actually really good.
Starting from alpha I studied builds and found techniques to win.
In beta mages were OP, bounties were nothing.
Now it's somewhat the opposite.
In people's commentaries mages are weak, but how?
I think the most underpowered classes are non-varium bounties, and varium/non var mages.
Now talking about shadow arts...
Shadow arts helps bonuses.
Maybe a low percentage amount but a very dangerous passive skill.
But if you are getting blocked a lot is it die to shadow arts or smokescreen.
Back in beta I realized smokescreen lowers the chance for your block able to connect.
Since then, I used unblockables until the smokescreen repels.

I don't know guys but a simple buff can help mages.
I got a quick solution:
Make technician last another turn like bloodshield, and increase Deadly Aim by 2% for every 5 points on DA.

Epic  Post #: 47
5/1/2011 1:21:43   
Jer15

I was a merc but I changed class to a Mage I now see how overpowered I was now it is harder but fun I use swords no staffs and I think 95% mages use swords not staffs I agree give mages a buff they need one they deserve one.
Post #: 48
5/1/2011 2:55:14   
frosty123

technically titan doesnt give buffs. When i one class gets OP it gets nerfed to 3rd place. Then second place class moves up to 1st. It gets nerfed and the 2nd place class goes to first and it gets nerfed. That happened so much times that it weakened every different build in ED. So then titan decided i am going to buff the classes. it was oringally merc bh and tech and now we got new skills. Woot? It made bhs 1 on mages 3rd and mercs second. Then recently the last "balance" update just helped the tank mercs by alot wich reduce the mages even more. If you nerfed the shadow arts the mages would be better. Then you would nerf defense matrix and energy shield. That would make it a bit more blanced but take out creativy. For mercs berzerker skill should be nerfed. Then buff some stats. Like make smokescreen depend on sup. Replace assilisation for mages with a skill that lets you replemish a certain amount of energy points. Noticed nobody uses cheap shot so buff multi and cheap shot. Then keep multi how it used to be. Take out the 42 dex requirement and make the new require 35 tech and dex. Make it so that for hybred armor we could choose if we wanted it to have +6 to resis and 6 to def. aNd mabye buff bunker or atom smasher. Should put some more different builds. Also dont forgot to buff plasma bolt and multi. And the super charge move is dumb. It should have a energy monster that atks and nerfs support. I will give more latter time to sleep :)
Post #: 49
5/1/2011 3:12:24   
brol....

Interesting read but quite ironic back in early beta every player complained on how op mage, now the tables are turn and mage is nerfed but still complaints.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Will mages ever recover?
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition