Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Melekaya - short story

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Melekaya - short story
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2011 9:20:38   
Dalganoth

The city was ablaze tonight with travelers, the full moon shining through the white, misty fog. The lights tonight were mesmerizing, I needed to go find a traveler and pickpocket them if I am to survive tonight. I went silently, prowling like a cat in the shadows of city. From the corner I was hiding in, I spied someone.

Walking stiffly along was a girl with a dark suit, an onyx top hat, and curly black hair with pitch-black, cold eyes. I kept walking behind her. I put my arm into her suit pocket, hoping at least for one gold coin,I felt nothing in there.

Before I could even blink, she caught my arm and gripped me hard. The girl spat, "What where you trying to do, you fool!?"

I stood there paralyzed, no words coming out of my mouth save for a tiny squeak of terror..

I stuttered trying to talk to her saying "N-Nothing.." I said lamely. She glared at me with thos piercing onyx eyes then smiled ominously and said "Well then explain why a mere child was trying to open my poisons pouch?" "Maybe the child was looking for some gold." she said with a sneer. My face turned ashen as I imagined one of the vials spilling on my skin and devouring my flesh and bones. I retorted quickly "All I wanted was some gold for a loaf of bread!" She stared at me stone faced and flatly said "Next time maybe you should just try harder and not be so oblivious." She gripped me and threw me at the nearest wall like a rag doll, and I crumpled to the floor and blacked out. When I awoke it seemed like hours and then I spotted the warm loaf of bread next to me and coins dangling in my pockets. Attached to the loaf of bread a saw a small note that said "Next time try harder. ~M.S." I was still exhausted mentally and I blacked out for the final time...

Later that day I awoke groggy and dazed, the loaf still warm and the coins still heavy. I took a piece of the loaf and closed my eyes and savored it. It was hard at first then it became warm and soft after a couple of chews. I was still pondering what she said to me and I suddenly though of the monks at the monastery. They talk about assassins being temptress and Old Nick's doers of evil. I chuckles at myself for believing such nonsense since the assassins were no longer here. I have heard of gosip of that they are still alive in the dangers of the Bad Lands..
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Melekaya - short story
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition