Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Names taken

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Names taken
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/7/2011 23:33:52   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I agree that this can be a problem- I have some ideas to brainstorm with the other staff to try and find a solution
Post #: 26
5/8/2011 2:07:32   
xxmirxx

I don't want my names taken even if they were ban or that I am inactivate. those names are way my friends know me.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
5/8/2011 2:55:33   
DillBagel

Full support. All the best names are taken by losers who never play. No wins, yet they have the name I want.

AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/8/2011 3:13:09   
xxmirxx

Even if you guys take the name your just get bored switched back names. what If staff changes why can't there name. my point is saying those who took those names it should belong to them even if don't return.
AQ Epic  Post #: 29
5/8/2011 15:26:12   
hardcore59

i made a thread about this but everyonre started flaming me for no apparent reason like i said after a year they should get their name changed to player 1 or something

Youtube.com/FAINTgames
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
5/8/2011 15:37:52   
xxmirxx

above NO WAY now if they have 0 wins then its ok.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
5/8/2011 16:16:36   
Rush

Adam I saw your comments, and truthfully it's quite a pity. A few people I considered intelligent individuals didn't even seem to notice.

I point to the fact that not only has this been asked many times, it also has been answered, while vaguely, about 60% of the times.

Quite simply put = Varium names can never be taken, and Nightwraith once (I believe) said that they had to figure out the correct scaling for non varium

@Rabies. Anybody over level 20 should be able to keep there account. That means they played early Beta, only people whos name were created in Alpha should be taken (imo). Or Beta Players who are under level 10.

< Message edited by Rush -- 5/8/2011 16:17:06 >
Post #: 32
5/8/2011 16:24:10   
Tiago X

Let's leave it as it is. I'd love the name Tiago to be mine, but it was taken. Just move in.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
5/8/2011 16:29:00   
Sparticus

I don't think taking someone else's name is fair, even if they have not played since alpha. I've come back and played games I left years before and I'm glad no one took my name or my account.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/8/2011 17:50:32   
hardcore59

@Mirx i'm noot understanding you
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 35
5/8/2011 18:56:15   
2qazwsxedc

I would have to support this because my name is xSuperguyx and superguy has been taken by a level 1 with 2 wins -.-
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 36
5/8/2011 19:03:48   
Competition

Are names really that important?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/9/2011 2:14:30   
DillBagel

If anyone ever took my name I'd be really ticked. With a name like DillBagel, they'll have only taken it to mess with me.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/9/2011 2:23:12   
xxmirxx

I found the name legend was taken and In your face
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
5/9/2011 3:10:48   

[Helloguy]
I too disagree, but agree.

Sorry but you said they quit, due to whatever reason. They quit so it obviously doesn't matter if their name has been taken. There is a small probability that they might come back.

But to contribute to the idea, I suggest that as long as the player is active the name can't be taken. Once there's a long period of inactivity the name is up for grabs. But if the player comes back for some reason and decides to be active I suggest they get a chance at redeeming their name thus if the player comes back they get their original name back.

And I also believe those names reserved from people who used name changes should be able to sell their names for a fraction of the price for the name change, but that's a whole other topic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/9/2011 3:19:06   
xxmirxx

If they have 0 wins then ok to be taken.
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
5/9/2011 7:07:27   
Lord/Fredd

I agree with Helloguy here, we can't just take their name, just because we are jealous. They got the name first, and so they deserve, even though they don't play much.

Just be creative and make a new one
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
5/25/2011 9:18:28   
hardcore59

^ what am i supposed to do put random X's and Z's and rand upper and lower case letters... that's not creative
PS: who said anyone was jealous
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 43
5/25/2011 10:19:49   
Remorse

I have a solution, how about after a certain time from a FTP player to be inactice , a player can request an account delte sending a message to the master battleon account asking permission, if the player accepts the account is deleted and therefore has a certain time to mkae an account or change name b4 sum else snatches it. The reason is thre could be alot of old alpha players for example which may be lower then lvl 10 which are interested in other games atm and maybe in 2-3 years time are tierd of old games and come back to ED only to find that their alpha account full off rares is deleted or stoeln. that would be a problem . However my idea would take alot longer and it is highly likely the player won't log onto master account aswell but, it's better than the above sitution happeneing wre and account has been stolen from them.
Epic  Post #: 44
5/25/2011 10:35:40   
RKC

Mystogan

I really want that for my mage's name.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 45
5/25/2011 10:39:14   
Cookielord12

supported. i am getting name change soon and i typed in at least my top 30 and all were taken by level 1-10
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
5/25/2011 11:35:07   
5rr5
Banned

I don't care about cool names, I wanted 5rr5 and it's the first name I used and I never changed.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
5/25/2011 11:39:16   
Leader
Unrequited

I think this is a good idea, but only if there is 100% certainty that the player will never come back, which is probably the most likely case with some users. I always wanted to have Leader as my character's name, but it seems it got taken, and it was more than a year ago too.
Post #: 48
5/25/2011 11:52:43   
SCORPIOZZz

solution : a new option called name thief :) it shows u all names available that were inactive for 6months + costs 2200 varium so u change name and pay for a name change for the other player that u took the name off :)

║▌█║█║ιιlιιl•★ҳ̸Ҳ•● *~*~*~*ScOrPiOzzzZZ*~*~*~*Xx●•★ҳ̸Ҳ•lιιlιι║▌█║
Epic  Post #: 49
5/25/2011 12:11:04   
Sageofpeace

yup they should do something about since changing name is not for free it cost 10$ to freaking 10$
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Names taken
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition