Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Does dev's really care what we want in this game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Does dev's really care what we want in this game?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/14/2011 11:36:20   
One Winged Angel1357

Varium pricetag is prolly there becuase Variums are supposted to get the good stuff first so insted of Releasing $20-$30 of Varium gear they put up a $10 battle mode for Variums to entertain themselfs with

Which would you rather have $20 that will last you two weeks at the tops or $10 to test a new battle mode and a reward plus a chance at an achievment

i think $10 was the better deal
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
5/14/2011 11:38:14   
frogbones
Banned

quote:

I'm curious to think what you think our conversations are like- it's more like "Hmm... the battle mode SHOULD be working, and it works with the four of us- but we're still not sure. Maybe adding a cost to it will keep the number of juggernaut battles to a reasonable amount, in case it breaks the game." rather than "mwahaha... how else can we screw over our players?"

Cinderella, you absolutely MUST be forward-thinking enough to anticipate how players will react to every update. It's common business sense (PR Department, anyone?). Further, every release does not occur in a vacuum. You already have a player base who regards the ED team as greedy, so each release that involves Varium (especially a Battle Mode), will only create more animosity between us.

ED does indeed have a reputation. You need to be more cognizant of that in the future. Customer satisfaction is at an-all time low, so you guys should really error on the side of caution and overthink how players wll react to future updates.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/14/2011 11:41:17   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@LambO- I was pointing that out because I don't appreciate being accused of being money hungry. ;)
Post #: 28
5/14/2011 12:05:15   
LambO

@Cinderella, I'm not sure if people are making it out that you're Money-hungry, but if it looks like I'm doing it also I'm sorry. I ment Titan & Nightwraith only.

This is why I'm really so pee'd off:
I was so happy when I heard the new battle mode has finally come. I haven't played ED since August last year.
(I come on to talk/try a quest or so, but haven't battled with anyone)

I even brought a 10k varium package for my return to ED to start playing again. I was ready.
Me buying varium is not a problem, I'm happy to do it, I hate to get ripped off though. That is why I'm so pissed off. I wanted to come back to have fun, not to come back to pay for a battle mode to destroy non-varium players who just have no chance in this game anymore. Every week it's just varium based & it's just too overpriced. The Dev's can't expect the paying community to keep us with this outrageous price on everything. The worst thing is though, there not listening. They just keep releasing & dissapearing till the next 'varium-base' release.

So any positive comments on why I should buy the card then?
Not the easy wins over low-level non-varium players...

EDIT: I'll be back in a few hours to respond back, if someone responded to me, lol..

< Message edited by LambO -- 5/14/2011 12:36:06 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
5/14/2011 12:14:55   
AQWPlayer

Well actually the devs DO care...they care about what I want xD
New missions is what I wanted :) although I wanted better weps as quest rewards :P
AQW  Post #: 30
5/14/2011 14:28:44   
xxmirxx

@Lambo
quote:

(Well, you propably are getting payed for it, I doubt you're buying you're own varium)
quote:

We know that staff accounts tend to have some crazy rare weapons as a reward for helping us moderate and build the game, so to be fair, we have restricted the leaderboard to exclude staff accounts, Titan and myself included. Staff can still receive their Rarity Score, but will not be posted on the leaderboard.

As you can see the mods with green names have been lie to us when say don't get free stuff.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18570124
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
5/14/2011 15:17:25   
DeathGuard

quote:

It's pretty impossible to please everybody all the time- and I know that a lot of people are complaining because they'd expected things exactly to their specifications (always a fear about accepting weapons for Player Suggestion Shops- are they going to get mad at me if we don't use their stats they'd assigned?) or believe that, since they suggested something no matter how unfeasible, they're entitled to have us change the entire game for their suggestion (for example, removing the turn-based engine).
Plyaer suggestion shops, well about that if you don't want to give the creators the weps they created is fine but don't make it varium, other thing some of the ed tema said they didn't want to mess up with Aqw's event but you know what? you didn't! but you did ruin your own game release, not talking bout juggernaut anymore but about more nonvarium weps, is jsut kind of bored to win, win,win,lose,win,win the same pattern everyday because I'm a varium user, I was having more Fun. I didn't knew being varium was so bored, now I know why varium players quit. When we give a suggestion about the engine is not for only us, but for all. I suggest many good ideas about power hours boosters, about arcade and what? They didn't even checked Cindy . I'm a beta tester player and I have always try to help others here and in Aqw but now the only I can do is to say you have done the worst thing you could, You didn't give attention to players.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
5/14/2011 19:58:03   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@mir- not all mods get mod perks, though many do. We really don't like to talk about it too much, for obvious reasons.

@above- there's a huge volume in the Player Suggestion thread- art takes time.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 5/14/2011 20:04:13 >
Post #: 33
5/14/2011 20:09:31   
xxmirxx

I mean ones with green names btw you and all mods lie to us when we ask. Only mod that never lie was inferno.
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
5/14/2011 20:11:24   
DeathGuard

@Cindy: I know it takes time to make a art, I have try and finished one armor in 10 hours, in was quite of bored, but I'm not sayin is not hard but is a improvemnet we must have faster than other features.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/14/2011 20:14:04   
Light Stridr

@mir:
I'm siding with Cinderella on this one. Nightwraith says
quote:

tends to have crazy rare weapons
The word "tends" means that it does not apply everytime.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/14/2011 20:19:57   
xxmirxx

Inferno told me mods get varium I remember that cause I beg him to chat locked me.
quote:

not all mods get mod perks, though many do. We really don't like to talk about it too much, for obvious reasons.

as you can see mods do get special perks the ones with gren name of course you think mods are honest but there not at all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
5/14/2011 21:31:35   
TankMage

@Mir, I'd personally love to see you try run this game for a week with just 4 people.

AQ Epic  Post #: 38
5/14/2011 21:33:15   
Competition

The dev's can't really help the community because everyone wants different things .. that's why there's a lot of flaming in balance threads.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/14/2011 22:06:41   
xxmirxx

quote:

@Mir, I'd personally love to see you try run this game for a week with just 4 people.

no offences I have no computer background . it's like me say I love to see you run hotel as manager. no offences you wouldn't have clue were to started.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 5/14/2011 22:20:12 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
5/14/2011 22:08:15   
TankMage

quote:

no offences I have no cumpter back ground. it's like me say I love to see you run hotel as manager. no offences you wouldn't have clue were to started.

Well I'm not to sure why you complaining if you can't even begin to comprehend what the developers do to create this game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 41
5/14/2011 22:10:55   
eragonshadeslayer67

They do care simply because our wants are synonymous to their paychecks
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
5/14/2011 22:11:47   
Retrosaur

@xxmirxx

quote:

quote:

quote:

no offences I have no cumpter back ground. it's like me say I love to see you run hotel as manager. no offences you wouldn't have clue were to started.

lolwut? Fix your spelling. Don't flame others. Ever.

It's stupid to keep arguing. You can lead a horse to a river, but you can't force it to drink.

Change to:
No offence, but I have no computer background whatsoever. It's as if I was saying that I'd love to see you run a hotel as a manager. No offence, but you wouldn't have a clue where to get started.

And honestly, I doubt you could even run a hotel with the way you spell your sentences.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
5/14/2011 22:12:14   
beastmo

If they actually want to care about us they would be making more money then they are now tbh but they dont realize that

Epic  Post #: 44
5/14/2011 22:34:32   
xxmirxx

quote:

Well I'm not to sure why you complaining if you can't even begin to comprehend what the developers do to create this game.

I do have idea whats liked like for one they don't keep all that money my guess is that they make 25 dollars and hour I know there are more then 4 staff that work on ED.

quote:

I doubt you could even run a hotel with the way you spell your sentences.

who saids I know run hotel and no offences I don't need you correct my gammr I never ask you. But I do know what's like to be chef at hotel. Like for head chef there in charge of keeping food cost low. btw I used never type like this until I stop reading novels even my friends say I type different from when I first started this game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 45
5/14/2011 22:40:25   
Wraith

What you guys don't get is that 3 deelopers, exc luding Cinderella, cannot do everything you want. What did you expect?

Forums: GIMME FREE VARIUM
Devs: Gives 5k Var out

Is that what you expected?

The devs work hard to bring out what we want. They can't give us everything we want because that takes way too muich effort. You have to program and draw. Someone do that for a 2vs1 engine. If yu can, then I'll criticize the devs. Until then, I support Cindy and the devs.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
5/14/2011 22:54:20   
xxmirxx

Lord Sinastr I find so hard to belive they can't do any thing what we asked just take look at this post for weps http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18217265
some are just as good as NW.
AQ Epic  Post #: 47
5/14/2011 23:07:46   
TankMage

@Mir

Some mistakes in your last post.

quote:

my guess is that they make 25 dollars and hour

Based on your vast knowledge of EDs finances?

quote:

I know there are more then 4 staff that work on ED.

Titan, Nightwraith, Charfade and Cindy ..... Name more I'll be surprised.

And I'm out. (Not replying again)

AQ Epic  Post #: 48
5/14/2011 23:10:56   
ED Prince of Shadows

@Mir, I am tired of you trying to run the forums. I hope this will slash many of your comments.

1. It costs varium to ensure the system won't break the game. (Hmm, Herosmash alpha?)
2. You, yes YOU, only have to wait a measly 6 days to play.
3. How do we know these choices are souly the devs? Artix could have a large role in how this game operates.
4. The DEVS get a set paycheck, money earned goes to AE, then a fraction goes to them.
5. Mods work for free, unless you think access to weapons and such for testing and as a gift is worth real money? They are nice people thar just want to help out. Leave them alone (including Cindy)
6. Cindy is nice enough to respond to all your flames and such in a respectable manner, I think you should try.
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/14/2011 23:17:45   
xxmirxx

AVA,Thylek Shran, white tiger,big tuna, scott reese and all mods in the game. but AVA was one made wiki run well as well Thylek Shran  white triger,
AQ Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Does dev's really care what we want in this game?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition