Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Sea

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Sea
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/14/2011 15:31:37   
Kaizoku

Prologue.
Harbor Lights

Young lady was looking at her loved one, wondering if she would ever see him again.

The ship was called "St. Reficul". It was about to set sail to Mareck Islands. Young sailor aboard waved back to the dock.

David looked at the couple. Nobody waved to him from the dock. Perhaps it was better this way.

"Isn't this a lovely weather, David?" Captain asked and smiled. "You shouldn't praise the day before it's over." David said in a calm manner.

Captain mumbled and walked to his cabin. As the sails caught wind, the ship slowly glided to the horizon, and the young lady turned her back to it.

The dock looked like a small dot from the far. David knew he had to leave. He couldn't stay in Arios anymore.

As he closed his eyes, he could see a burning house.

Chapter 1.
Snake eyes

First mate asked if David would like to play a game of dice. Sure he would. He loved gambling.

"Three and a four!" sailor in with a red bandana yelled.

Next, it was the first mate's turn. He shook the dice for a while, and dropped them on the wooden deck.

"Hahah! Two fives! This game is mine!" The dice flew again and again, until it was David's turn.

"Show 'em, Tinker!" Captain said.

David grabbed the dice and threw them. The first die fell on the wooden deck, and it was a one.

The second one spinned for a moment, and it was a one too.

"Snake eyes!" first mate said.

David looked at the black dots, and cold sweat went down his back. He was on the verge of blackout.

Slowly, the dice started to turn into two brown eyes, and David heard a voice in his head.

"Why, David? Why?"

He quickly shook his head. The dice were still on the wooden deck, looking at him.

"You okay, mate?" Captain asked.

"I-i'm all right. Continue without me." David said, and walked to the prow.

He looked at the blue sea. He didn't want to remember. Took so long to forget and now...

"You're one bad loser, mate." someone said and grabbed his shoulder.

David quickly turned and saw the man with red bandana.

"It's just a game. No need to make a ruckus 'bout it." then the man turned and went back to others.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Other Creative Prose >> Sea
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition