Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 1 of 1312345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2011 14:12:09   
Defiant

quote:

May 17, 2011
Juggernaut 2.0

Jug Hugs!

Thank you so much for helping us test our new battle mode! We DO read your feedback, and we’re fixing up the mode. We really needed a large-scale test of the system (as fun as it was for the four of us, we don’t represent the game at large), so thank you! As a reward, all of the players who help test the feature by purchasing a Gold Skull Card during this week will receive the super-rare Battle Tested Achievement! Good news for rare hunters too: the Gold Skull Card is going to be marked as “RARE” and will increase your rarity score.

The Battle Tested and Juggernaut Achievements!

The Silver Skull Card

Since it’s not entirely fair to let Varium players have all the fun, we’re opening up Juggernaut mode to Credit players too, with the NEW Silver Skull Card. Now, for a number of Credits, ANYONE over level 20 will be able to play this unique battle mode... from the other side! MWAHAHAHA! *cough* Sorry about that.

Bug Smashing

As with ANYTHING new, there’s bound to be problems, and Titan’s been hard at work to fix them all for you! Starting with this update, you’ll be able to see your Juggernaut record on your stats page. Addtionally, many of the glitches with creating a Juggernaut battle have been fixed. We’ve also fixed the damage issue with low percentage hits. You may have noticed that sometimes moves like Cheap Shot, Berzerker, or Rage attacks were showing damage along the lines of 0-2-1 or other very low damage markers. Well, no longer will you hit for 0 damage!

Matching Sets

In addition, a lot of you have been complaining about the level range for Juggernaut battle. Originally, how we’d set it up was the Juggernaut’s level, subtract 9 and then add or subtract 2 to that, and that’s how you’d match other players. But, that didn’t present enough of a challenge for the Juggernaut, and serves to discourage lower-level players from playing team battles. We’re altering the matching system to increase the level of the Juggernaut underdog by 2 and increase the range by 1. So now, instead of a level 33 Juggernaut facing two players from 22-26 the Juggernaut will face two players in the 23-28 range, which should solve this problem.

YAY! We spend 1200 varium for an achievement!

Edit from Cinderella: Yay pictures!

Edit from Atlian: I was doing that!

Edit from Ashari: Tagged, bagged and polished to a shine! ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 5/17/2011 15:14:12 >
Post #: 1
5/17/2011 14:20:11   
helloguy

told ya
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/17/2011 14:21:30   
Defiant

This is stupid. If they had confirmed a credit version would've been released, I wouldn't have COMPLETELY WASTED my last bit of varium.
Post #: 3
5/17/2011 14:23:25   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Awesome! I can finally get the Skull Card :D Well, depending on the cost of it, for a new battle mode i'd expect it to be quite a bit. But i don't mind farming :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/17/2011 14:24:35   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Atlian- we did.
Post #: 5
5/17/2011 14:24:45   
BloodRainbow

wow im so happy that i payed $10 for an achievement.

quote:

Varium players that help us test the Juggernaut battle mode this week by purchasing a Skull Card will be rewarded nicely when in the future the feature converts over for non-Varium players to use also.

how is getting an achievement being nicely rewarded?

even tho the matches were realy easy i didnt see a problem with way they were set up, Because for the most part players do 1v1 the they get to lvl 27 then they all start complaining cuz they have to fight lvl 30s so ppl would tell them to 2v2 instead. so if they did 1v1 till 27 then moved to 2v2 they wouldnt have to worry about juggernaut battles.

< Message edited by BloodRainbow -- 5/17/2011 14:29:02 >
Epic  Post #: 6
5/17/2011 14:29:58   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Hah Cindy punched the troll in teh face!!

+1 internets to you mi amiga!

@Above
You understand that they cant give varium back to players because A) It cost 1.2k varium and B) If they gave 1k varium back, its like saying here this is kinda useless.

Achievement = Addon to your rating points
Card turns into rare = Treasure Hunter Achievment = Addon to your rating points
If your a cheevoholic like me, you would love this <3

@Below
Little tip, wait till your 100% positive you want an item...
Unless it's limi quantity.
But never buy something right on command, it'l be there all week, you have time

@Cinderella Below
DANG! You did it again! :3

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 5/17/2011 14:36:51 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
5/17/2011 14:30:09   
Defiant

@Cinderella
AFTER it was released, and I never seen it; I wasn't sat refreshing a thread for half an hour to see someone post "cred version next week".

quote:

wow im so happy that i payed $10 for an achievement.

EDIT: @Above
How am I a troll?

< Message edited by Atlian -- 5/17/2011 14:32:37 >
Post #: 8
5/17/2011 14:36:06   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Atlian- You were the first one to reply on the thread where Titan said it. I've also said it multiple times on pretty much every Juggernaut thread, I'm sure more than once before you posted. I also announced it on Twitter. I don't think I explicitly announced it on Facebook, but I know I posted it.
Here's one: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=18979641
And another: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=18979020

I admit that it was after the DNs, and I apologize to you for that.

But this is not for me to get into an argument with you, nor for you and Practel to fight. Please discuss the actual release. :3

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 5/17/2011 14:53:17 >
Post #: 9
5/17/2011 14:38:19   
Practel

MAN those achievements are some steamin hot pertyness!

I cant wait to get my hands on the tester achievement!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/17/2011 14:39:32   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Are you able to tell us the cost of the Key Card, or do we wait until the release?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
5/17/2011 14:40:22   
Defiant

Mkay mkay.
quote:

3. In the future we will release a non-Varium method to acquire the Skull Card so that more players can fight as the Juggernaut and climb the leaderboards.

Varium players that help us test the Juggernaut battle mode this week by purchasing a Skull Card will be rewarded nicely when in the future the feature converts over for non-Varium players to use also.

When did that say next week in it? I see...
"In the future"

Oh, and see, "rewarded nicely"... As the other guy pointed out, how is an achievement being rewarded nicely?

@'Cheevaholic'
So, your happy with spending $10 for a star under your name on a game? That's uh.. cool.
OH WAIT, I'm guessing this achievement will be like.. 2000 rating points. For me and hundreds others; not enough for a star.

< Message edited by Atlian -- 5/17/2011 14:41:37 >
Post #: 12
5/17/2011 14:41:59   
TurkishIncubus

The best thing is i did not spent a single varium on weapons and enhancements for a months so this is the "Best Update Month" for me.

Epic  Post #: 13
5/17/2011 14:43:46   
helloguy

all i want is new weapons
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/17/2011 14:45:48   
Defiant

@Holiday Practel
You're really insolent... How is she 'punching the troll in the face'.. I actually have reasons that I can back up with evidence to counteract what she is saying..
Post #: 15
5/17/2011 14:46:59   
Practel

@Atlian
Ive said this a thousand times, yelled this at my computer a thousand times, told my friends this a thousand times, told my parents this a thousand times. I LOVE THIS GAME AND ENJOY SPENDING MONEY ON IT! Never has there been a release that I have not loved nor not cared to take my time and play, you guys think you HAVE to spend money on this game to play it, but you DONT! Take a game like runescape: You have a majority of features for free players, and always release something new for them. Then you have a steaming pile of awesomeness for the members. You dont have to play to enjoy the game, and this is my FINAL word on this. Period. If there is one thing I WONT do and I will NEVER do, it's stooping down to a troll's level and betraying the staff. If you chose to follow that path, then so be it, but I will NOT.

If you want to talk to me about why I support this game or what not, PM me, this is a forum, and with a forum there should be discussion NOT fighting. Good day to you.

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 5/17/2011 14:53:20 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
5/17/2011 14:47:45   
Khannibal

I have a major issue with this update, I am truly sick of this.

Despite the countless requests, pleas and ideas that the public have put forward, the real issues are being completely ignored and the players are being undermined.

I'm not some argument causing child, but this is ridiculous, I have evidence of multiple topics, including those I, an Alpha player and Founder myself, and other founders have posted, and not one has been acknowledged regarding balance etc.

Titan and Nightwraith haven't posted on one, and have refused to respond to messages.

I am truly sick of this, I spent money in order to purchase this, but literally ONE WEEK later, the incorrectly coded and programmed battle mode goes free to play too. What's the point? A shoddy system implemented that nobody requested as it was, and ignorance of the other valid points.

How on earth do they expect to keep going if the paying customers despise what they're doing?
First ever angry post, but I'm sick to death of this.

Khannibal

Your sig has been Dusted/M4B'd
Do not post "Click Me" referral, viral, or any other type of signatures.
Detailed Sig Guide
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
5/17/2011 14:47:58   
xxmirxx

quote:

the Juggernaut will face two players in the 23-28 range, which should solve this problem.

thats still not fair it needs to be 5 levels differents. Really cindy what did you get back with are feed back. Cause you guys sure did not listen whats so hard about making all batte modes 5 levels differents. I am not flame just statement and question.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
5/17/2011 14:50:37   
BloodRainbow

quote:

You understand that they cant give varium back to players because A) It cost 1.2k varium and B) If they gave 1k varium back, its like saying here this is kinda useless.

Achievement = Addon to your rating points
Card turns into rare = Treasure Hunter Achievment = Addon to your rating points
If your a cheevoholic like me, you would love this <3

I never said anything about wanting the 1200k varium back or anything about any amount of varium back. i just want something thats actualy worth the 1200varium that i payed.(being able to test a new battle mode for a week and a little achievement is no where near worth it)

1. no way its going to do nearly enough to get me anywhere close to 6 stars. so that doesnt matter.
2. so that means im gana have another thing in my inventory that i cant sell- already have treasure hunter- wont do anything for me
3. then u can be happy that you payed $10 for an achievement

< Message edited by BloodRainbow -- 5/17/2011 14:55:08 >
Epic  Post #: 19
5/17/2011 14:51:57   
Defiant

Khannibal... Your words are like music to my ears.
Post #: 20
5/17/2011 14:55:22   
8x

Idk why so many people think achievment is bad reward...
For paying 1200 varium this week, I got one heck a lot of credits, tokens and wins. And now skull card will become rare and I will get rare achievment. Awesome update :D

Epic  Post #: 21
5/17/2011 14:57:55   
Defiant

@8rlx0
I don't play often enough to of got, as you said, 'one heck of a lot of credits, tokens and wins'.

And the 'wins' part is invalid until Friday; Jugg battles don't affect your records at all..
Post #: 22
5/17/2011 15:02:34   
8x

^Just because you cant see your wins doesn't mean that you dont have them...
Epic  Post #: 23
5/17/2011 15:02:38   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

Khannibal- just because I don't reply doesn't mean I don't read the suggestions. Some suggestions are unfeasible to implement, and a good bit of the numbers were from US playing the mode as our alts (on both sides, and two of my own alts are nonvarium).
Post #: 24
5/17/2011 15:03:14   
  Charfade

quote:

Titan and Nightwraith haven't posted on one, and have refused to respond to messages.

Cinderella is EpicDuel's bridge to the community. What she say's should be taken just as seriously as if it came from Titan And Nightwraith themselves. That being said we usually read every forum and every post on our off time. We dont normally have time to respond though. We communicate this though Cinderella.
MQ Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 1 of 1312345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition