Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 2 of 13«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2011 15:08:01   
Defiant

When a dev, in this case being Cinderella, tends to respond to 1 post at a time a few times a thread, that's not a 'bridge to the community'. I see a lot of posts that nobody ever gets feedback on, or a dev replying to the thread whatsoever.

I don't think this release will do much good.

1) Achievement = useless.
2) Lots of people will be the Juggernaut rather than fight it.
3)
-I'm level 29. My level range is 18-22, so, now it'll be 19-24.. Will that make a difference? Not really. Not unless they're both 24...
Post #: 26
5/17/2011 15:11:04   
IsaiahtheMage

Sounds good except I hope the card doesnt cost to much credits and I still believe we should have a option to do juggernaut mode or 2 vs 2. But this is better then nothing.

EDIT: I also must say that before we start working on something else the balance issues in 2 vs 2 and class wise MUST be fixed! I am happy with this but balance must come first. This update was bad and the one coming friday will be good(I hope) so after this update comes balance NEEDS to come next! We cant move foward in a unbalanced game!

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/17/2011 15:19:54 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/17/2011 15:12:06   
BloodRainbow

@Charfade

no disrespect to you or Cindy, but when we have question or suggestions it just feels a lot better when Titan and Nightwraith respond to us. especially for the people that were here before you and cindy became part of the team.
Epic  Post #: 28
5/17/2011 15:12:48   
Fay Beeee

quote:

Matching Sets

In addition, a lot of you have been complaining about the level range for Juggernaut battle. Originally, how we’d set it up was the Juggernaut’s level, subtract 9 and then add or subtract 2 to that, and that’s how you’d match other players. But, that didn’t present enough of a challenge for the Juggernaut, and serves to discourage lower-level players from playing team battles. We’re altering the matching system to increase the level of the Juggernaut underdog by 2 and increase the range by 1. So now, instead of a level 33 Juggernaut facing two players from 22-26 the Juggernaut will face two players in the 23-28 range, which should solve this problem.

Thank you :)

Epic  Post #: 29
5/17/2011 15:12:50   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

@Atlian
You asked me how you were a troll, read your previous posts.

A dev who is DEVELOPING the game does NOT sit around on the forums 24/7 to reply to EVERY thread, if they did that, pretend there is just EpicDuel with no releases.
Think before you post, no dev will respond to a post EVERY TIME.

Some devs dont even reply! Look at some other games dev profiles, they dont reply as often either, but thats ok because they are working on the game and read what we say!

@Blood
Your post just made me so aggravated.

< Message edited by Holiday Practel -- 5/17/2011 15:14:23 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/17/2011 15:18:04   
  Charfade

quote:

no disrespect to you or Cindy, but when we have question or suggestions it just feels a lot better when Titan and Nightwraith respond to us. especially for the people that were here before you and cindy became part of the team.

And that is completely understandable. If you feel you aren't really getting heard, Twitter is a very good way to let them know what is going on. Friday's after the release we have been making a honest effort to get on the Forums and in the game. During the week however we are developing the content for the game and we truly relay on Cindy's role here. She has been around since the beginning of ED. Please welcome her and all I ask is treat her with the same respect as Titan and Nightwraith.

< Message edited by Charfade -- 5/17/2011 15:19:06 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 31
5/17/2011 15:19:35   
Defiant

@Blood
I feel the same... Getting Titan to reply on something is much better.
Post #: 32
5/17/2011 15:22:47   
BloodRainbow

quote:

@Atlian
You asked me how you were a troll, read your previous posts.

A dev who is DEVELOPING the game does NOT sit around on the forums 24/7 to reply to EVERY thread, if they did that, pretend there is just EpicDuel with no releases.
Think before you post, no dev will respond to a post EVERY TIME.

Some devs dont even reply! Look at some other games dev profiles, they dont reply as often either, but thats ok because they are working on the game and read what we say!

@Blood
Your post just made me so aggravated.

ok dude look at it this way:

Titan and Nightwraith are the partents of the EpicDuel community, and the EpicDuel community is still a baby. When the Baby(EpicDuel community) wants or needs something it starts to cry and when it cries the parents(Titan and Nightwraith) are supose to come and try to figure out want the baby wants so that it stops crying, it they give the baby somthing that it doesnt want it will continue to cry. But when it crys and just want its parents and its Nanny(Charfade or Cinderella) comes in to take care of it it will still continue to cry until it get the comfort of its parents(Titan and Nightwraith).

Hope this helps u understand
Epic  Post #: 33
5/17/2011 15:26:06   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

The problem with us replying to every suggestion is that "no means yes, and yes means a promise, and a promise is an attack". I literally have a list I make with suggestions I like or seem popular which I then share with the rest of the devs. I tend to respond to threads the way I do because it's harder to be taken out of context.

@Blood- I've BEEN here since the beginning, before Alpha. I'm just more official now.
Post #: 34
5/17/2011 15:26:41   
StriderAigis

Question, wil there be a sep[rate button for juggernaut
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
5/17/2011 15:30:40   
My Name is Jake
Banned

quote:

Varium players that help us test the Juggernaut battle mode this week by purchasing a Skull Card will be rewarded nicely when in the future the feature converts over for non-Varium players to use also.

Obviously being rewarded nicely means being rewarded with something useless (achievement and rating points).
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/17/2011 15:30:47   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Megachibi- not at this time, no
Post #: 37
5/17/2011 15:34:46   
StriderAigis

can i ask how much the card will be, like over 5k
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
5/17/2011 15:35:15   
BloodRainbow

quote:

@Blood- I've BEEN here since the beginning, before Alpha. I'm just more official now.

yes i know that, and its not that i dont respect or appreciate all you do. its just it makes me feel better inside when i know that Titan and Nightwraith are there and when i dont hear from them its seem like they dont care. for example, last Wednesday i pmed NightWraith, and i havnt heard from him, and when i check to see if hes even read the messed the box remains unchecked. like i said There the parents of the Epicduel community and we just want to be comforted by our parents
Epic  Post #: 39
5/17/2011 15:36:22   
8x

quote:

Obviously being rewarded nicely means being rewarded with something useless (achievement and rating points).

What did you expect? Full set of weapons? 1200 varium can only get you 1 weapon and few enhancements, so achievment enough if you ask me.
Epic  Post #: 40
5/17/2011 15:39:17   
JariTheMighty

Sounds like a good update, looking forward to it! :D
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 41
5/17/2011 15:44:25   
My Name is Jake
Banned

@8rlx0 I was expecting something useful or at least something that was worth spending 1200 varium (testing a battlemode for 1 week and an achievement isn't worth 1200 varium IMO). 1 weapon and a few ehhancements are more useful than an achievement.
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/17/2011 15:47:28   
8x

^Then next time don't waste varium on testing battle mode and buy weapon with few enhancements instead.
Epic  Post #: 43
5/17/2011 15:47:40   
H3P04

I'm gonna say this only once. I'm sorry Titan and Nigtwraith for my bad mouthing on the last update. At the moment when I was writing bad stuff at the last update forum I didn't know that you had unleashed some missions and 13th the Friday achievement. it didn't show at the new release page in game. Right now I'm starting to see a light in an of the tunnel for Epic Duel. This game isn't dead yet and it still has hope. I have great expectations on this and on the next updates to come so I wish good luck to Titan and Nigtwraith. But be careful, because very small amount of people believe that this game has a future which will make it more fun. so I'm proposing you should concentrate next updates on:
1)make lvl 31-32 non-varium weapons
2)Make 2 vs 1 boss mode against a Npc.
3)Make some other missions.
4)Make faction step down possible.
5) Your own choice!?

if you would do even half of this before May ends ,I bet a lot of players would start to come back from inactivity to check out Epic Duel . Also those who like playing Epic Duel right now would like playing it more, I think.

P.S. I'm in a good mood today, i guess.

H3P04
H2S04
Epic  Post #: 44
5/17/2011 15:48:48   
IsaiahtheMage

@8rlx0 I agree with Jake01 thats why I didnt buy the money and use it on the card. I knew it wouldnt be worth it.

@BloodRainbow I partially agree and disagree. I agree about us wanting Titan and Nightwriath to reply to our threads more but I disagree about PMing him and expecting a reply. He and Titan are the creators of this game they dont have all day to reply to one person when they have only a week to make new feature or upgrade the game and still when they have other players wanting a responce to you need to understand that.

AQW Epic  Post #: 45
5/17/2011 15:51:19   
Angels Holocaust

What a cute update, now we get to face lv 28's that's going to be a lot of fun.
Post #: 46
5/17/2011 15:51:26   
BloodRainbow

@Isaiah

so you think there so busy that they cant take 5-10min out of there day to reply to pm's?????
Epic  Post #: 47
5/17/2011 15:56:21   
SCORPIOZZz

^ lol i send pms that take more then 15mins to read :P
Epic  Post #: 48
5/17/2011 15:57:56   
Wiseman

Here's an interesting fact.

When class change was released for the first time, many players spent 1,500 varium just to get the achievement, some of them even changed back to their original class afterword (3000 varium).

What did they get out of that? They got to try out a new class, and new builds, some only got the achievement and nothing more.

How does that effect this release?

With this new release players spent 1,200 varium to try the new battle mode.

What did they get out of that? They got to try a new mode, they get the achievement, they get rarity score, and they get a head start over all the other players in wins.

The achievement + rarity is worth 1,200 varium, if you think about it. Not every player want's an achievement...however what you want personally does not make it any less worth it for the ones that do want it. You can't make everyone happy, however it's possible to satisfy the majority, if they gave weapons/armor, then the players that didn't (or couldn't) get the card would complain that it was unfair. And if they made the armor/weapon better than the best ones out now (including founder) that would cause even more complaints by founders and Bunny Borg users who couldn't afford the card. However by making the reward an achievement + rarity score it satisfies the majority since a lot of players like achievements (the numbers from class change proves it), and many players like rarity (some even spend extra varium on the same weapons to get extra rarity). Also since the reward doesn't help card purchasers in battle anyone that didn't get the card has no real reason to complain, since it doesn't hurt them in any way (beyond them missing an achievement).

In summery: You can't please everyone, however by satisfying the majority you minimize player unrest.

Hope that makes sense.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/17/2011 16:04:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/17/2011 16:04:08   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

@Above! THATS ME!!!!!!! I SPENT 3k FOR CHEEVO
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 2 of 13«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition