Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2011 16:23:05   
Clutch

No weapons again, no new maps, no storyline enhancing, just credit only juggernaut. Yup, worst update ever. When Juggernaut came out I was excited and bought it without thinking, stupidest mistake I have ever made. Oh yeah and a bullcrap achievement as the 'special' reward. Now, a LONG time ago when ED I felt was in its prime, the Bunnyzooka's came out, and they were originally priced at 2200 varium. Now people still bought it at that price but after a week of complaints on the forums, the devs realized that it was an insane price and refunded 1000 varium to anyone who purchased it at that price and dropped it to 1200 varium, a much fairer price. That's the ED I loved, the devs cared, and they listened to complaints and fixed it to keep the player happy and their wallets full at the same time. Now Juggernaut is sort of like the same thing, it was way overpriced. Now instead of the old Epicduel that realizes, admits, and FIXES mistakes, they don't refund the varium, no, they're too big for that now, it would lose them too much money. They'll just give ya an achievement and guess what, we'll call it RARE, yep, now you can show off to your friends that you have a RARE juggernaut card, aka you were suckered into the buying the card just to play it 7 days before everyone else.
I will not make the mistake ever again. Oh and good luck finding a juggernaut battle now guys... I've given up on that failed mode.
AQ Epic  Post #: 51
5/17/2011 16:27:44   
The UnleaShedWolfZ

Ummm I Was Wondering , How Can I Get The Juggernaut Achievement ? I Mean I'm Not On The All-Time Leaderboard.. So Is There a Daily Juggernaut Leaderboard That Will Be Released In The Future :D ? To Let Other Players a Chance For The Jugg. Achiev.

Please Reply Guys , I'll Check Back Forums For an Answer :)
Epic  Post #: 52
5/17/2011 16:28:00   
Defiant

@Clutch
I only started playing ED a few months back.. I never really experienced ED in it's prime, the days everyone says they want back.
Post #: 53
5/17/2011 16:45:02   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

I don't find the Achievement a negative thing, but the direction to have this testing does leave a bit some not very feeling positive. The opportunity to have this tested didn't have to cost anything. There could have been firm requirements to have this feature active.

Everyone who purchased this access card was asked to give their feedback and well, it gave the developers opportunity to view the progress of the matches.

Not everyone like achievements, or rarity points.

My thought is, hopefully one day, open a 1 week juggernaut tester store, and let the players choose what they want for credits. It could be a very kind gesture.

One did not need varium players to pay to keep the feature from being abused. There could have been a Rank Requirement, maybe a beta badges or founders/alpha.

This is an exciting feature, but also a risk. The reward should be varied for the different player types. Many players took a risk on a long awaited feature which will now be free in less then a few days.

And for the people who are dissatisfied, maybe a refund feature. No achievement given to them or any exclusives.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 5/17/2011 16:47:24 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/17/2011 16:49:47   
Defiant

@JZaanu
Oh I really hope the dev's read that and take it into account.

Give us a refund at the cost of taking away our exclusives, or give us something EVERYONE wants, or at least the majority.
Post #: 55
5/17/2011 16:53:53   
Wiseman

@ Clutch: That's your opinion and your entitled to it, however I'm sure many players would disagree.

@ The Unleashedwolfz: Yes there will be a daily Juggernaut Leader Board, and yes the Juggernaut Achievement will be the prize for getting first on it. :)

@ Atlian: Honestly its "prime" wasn't what everyone says it was, I seem to remember the daily boards being dominated by Dummiers and Botters, and everyone that had Frostbane + Founder, had over 95% daily. Some weapons had no requirements meaning a lot of builds where extremely overpowered at that time, leading to the nerf of support mercs and heal loop mages. Support Mercs used to 2 shot with a almost guaranteed win, and heal loops made battles 5-10 minuets long, with no chance at victory (literally they always won, except against other heal loop mages). Even to this day the Bunny Zookas cause builds to be overpowered (one reason why strength mercs and bounties where OPed before the nerfs).

However each person liked ED at different times, my favorite "era" was when agility first came out and everyone had 75-89 health, even though it only lasted for a week, it was fun. :P

Thanks for reading.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/17/2011 17:07:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
5/17/2011 17:00:14   
Defiant

Well the whole reason I got into ED enough to buy a $50 package within a week of playing (I had NEVER played before that and trust me, I don't spend that kind of money on just anything) was because.. well, I fell in love with it. I loved and just over a month later, well, eh. I guess that was my 'honeymoon' phase.

I can compare to CoD:

New game comes out, first month is AWESOME, afterwards everything buggy and OP is found and from then on it's like a disfunctional marriage...
Post #: 57
5/17/2011 17:04:49   
Arcanis

Just in time i think Epic Duel has hit rock bottom,somebody passes him a shovel.
Right now I am actually so pissed that i feel i could write such big rant i would need separate forum only for that,but i wont.
I don't mind supporting the game,but if supporting means that i pay for an icon that matters to me as much as i care for the snow from 3 years ago,
and the way its going at the moment,soon i just might need to "support" just to log in or jump in my headquarters,then you really have no need to expect more support from me.
Its really encouraging to see that we all helped test "new battle" mod of which i was sick off after dozen fights as it seems it was only made for players that wanna feel almighty and have the need to have extremly high opinion on themself. I see that level ranges will be reduced. While you are at it,Titan and Nightwraith,make yourself useful-make nonvarium weapons that can actually give any chance to kill juggernaut.
As far as you go Wise:
quote:

What did they get out of that? They got to try a new mode, they get the achievement, they get rarity score, and they get a head start over all the other players in wins.

You are no fool. Can you honestly say that any of that has improved ED in anyway?
Might as well be named Killanoobnaut mod.
And the way ED is going, I fear that ED suicide mod isn't very far in future.

Yours truly,angry,dissapointed but mostly don't frikin care anymore
Arcanis

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
5/17/2011 17:11:09   
Angels Holocaust

Why are you all complaining? This the update was perfect, theres no need to change anything except award people their badges.
Post #: 59
5/17/2011 17:16:38   
goldslayer1

that silver skull card must be a heavy credit price.
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
5/17/2011 17:18:52   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Yeah i think it will be, for a new game mode and all, it must be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
5/17/2011 17:22:11   
Defiant

@Angels
You only like it because you can repeatedly slam low levels.
Post #: 62
5/17/2011 17:23:53   
Light Stridr

I don't think you people get it.
While I was expecting more for those people who actually went and bought the card (not myself), it IS a clever marketing strategy, if a little ruthless. What Wiseman said about spending 3k varium just for an achievement, it does happen, and you were clearly told that the mode was eventually going for credits, I can't see why you, if you expected something for your money, would have bought it knowing that there would be a free option if you were patient.
It's called impulse buying, and Cysero played to that with the release of the ULTRAHAT, which sold for 5000 ACs, and yet some people actually bought it.
The only real reason that's kept me from ditching this game is Cinderella (would you mind if I call you Cindy, since it is much easier to type XD), as she has restored my faith that this game will, eventually, pull itself out of it's own grave.
That's not to say that this release is fair. Personally, I do find $10 for an achievement a bit of a waste, and thanks to this, I can project a price of 15-20k credits AT LEAST for the silver card. And you know what that means? It means that Juggernaut will be exclusively for level 33s if they are non-var.
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
5/17/2011 17:26:34   
Mr. Black OP

any idea how much rating the battle tested will give?
Epic  Post #: 64
5/17/2011 17:27:13   
TankMage

It'll be nice to get rid of those bugs :D. And I like the look of the new achievement hopefully it gives alot of rating xD.

AQ Epic  Post #: 65
5/17/2011 17:30:17   
goldslayer1

quote:

What Wiseman said about spending 3k varium just for an achievement, it does happen

yup
i changed my name for the achievement and to capitalize 2 letters on my name the 'G' and the 'S'
and spent 3k for that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
5/17/2011 17:37:49   
Wiseman

@ Rakdos: Sorry you feel that way, however players wanted 2v1 mode, it was the most asked for feature on the forum for a long time, however it had a level of risk, which is why it needed to be tested. Does it improve ED? Yes and no, it depends on the person, some love the mode and are glad it's out, and soon it will be available to everyone, for those people it does improve ED. Others will probably never even try the mode, and they don't really care about it, for those people it doesn't improve ED. However each individual person is different, and will see each release differently, the key is not letting other players opinions and feelings get in the way of your own.

This release may not suit your taste, however it does suite the taste of many other players, and even though ED isn't better for you, perhaps you should consider how the ones that like the feature feel as well. Another good example is the quest feature, a lot of people don't like quest, simply because it doesn't suit them personally. However many do enjoy it, and want to see more quest, there's two sides to every situation, and in most (if not all) cases the majority wins.

The majority wanted to see 2v1, they got it, and soon it will be available to everyone. I'm sure many people set their expectations to high, and where disappointed when the mode wasn't what they expected, however what people fail to see is that the developers released the feature for the players because the players asked for it. Even if it turned out wrong, that doesn't take away the fact that the developers released it because they DO care about what the players want. However after they went through the trouble of building and testing the feature that the majority of the players wanted, it was received very negatively. Then everyone wonders why the developers don't do what the players want every time, if you went through the trouble of doing something for someone and then they where unappreciative of it, would you want to do something for them again?

My point is, try to appreciate the developers for at least attempting to put out what the players wanted, hating the release, simply cause it doesn't suit you personally is not going to improve anything.

Thanks for reading.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
5/17/2011 17:43:00   
The UnleaShedWolfZ

quote:

Why are you all complaining? This the update was perfect, theres no need to change anything except award people their badges.

Yeah Cz Legit Has Like 93% @ 2vs2 =P

^ Lol.

< Message edited by The UnleaShedWolfZ -- 5/17/2011 17:47:01 >
Epic  Post #: 68
5/17/2011 17:53:10   
Wiseman

@ Light Stridr: 10$ to get to test a new battle mode early, an achievement, and rarity score. Also since they do plan to add a 2v1 win/loss ratio on the stats panel you get a head start on your record (since its easier now then it will be), and if you manage to get on the all time 2v1 board, you get the daily achievement as well as a bonus.

10$
- Early testing of a new battle mode.
- Achievement.
- Rarity Score.
- Head start on record.
- Possible second achievement.

All of these things will stay with you forever Rating/Rarity Score/Achievements will always be on your character, if you spent 10$ on a weapon you would have it for a while, win a few fights with it, then never use it again (possibly even sell it).

It's 10$ for permanent recondition, you can say you where there to test it before it was available to everyone, and have the achievement to prove it, rather than an outdated weapon/armor that you might end up selling anyway.

It is worth it.

@ zman 2: The developers haven't decided how much it will be worth yet, however it will be on par with the class master achievement in rating.

Below: That's correct, when the win/loss section for Juggernaut mode is made, all wins and loses from now will be shown on it.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/17/2011 18:01:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 69
5/17/2011 17:56:06   
Mr. Black OP

@above
does that mean all my past juggernaut wins will go on my record?
Epic  Post #: 70
5/17/2011 18:06:51   
Fay Beeee

I do not think so.
quote:

Starting with this update, you’ll be able to see your Juggernaut record on your stats page

But if you are in a faction they do show there. :)
Epic  Post #: 71
5/17/2011 18:08:08   
Mr. Black OP

@above
too bad cuz if they did count i wldve probably been a commander :/
Epic  Post #: 72
5/17/2011 18:09:53   
goldslayer1

@zman
u would be. and they will count next friday so just be patient.
AQW Epic  Post #: 73
5/17/2011 18:11:40   
Wiseman

quote:

I do not think so.

quote:

quote:

Starting with this update, you’ll be able to see your Juggernaut record on your stats page

But if you are in a faction they do show there. :)

What that means is you will see your full record from the beginning, not that it starts counting from this weeks update.

Sorry for the confusion.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
5/17/2011 18:13:49   
Aere

@ Wiseman's post, 6th down on the page:

But, it was fun.
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 3 of 13«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition