Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 4 of 13«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/17/2011 18:17:53   
Nexus...

Nexus weighing in....

Alright let me get this straight. You just charged us 10 bucks for an achievement? Wait what? WAIT! I thought you said a "reward" Titan. How is an achievement a reward. Its a a few useless pixels that will get me a few thousand rating points closer to a star! Wow...that is some major bull. This isn't a reward, this is an insult. I 100% agree with clutch, and with Khanibal and anyone else who has posted that this next update is complete crap, the same as the last one. First of all you don't even really take anything into account that the players have suggested. You are just adding onto a failing 2v1 system that most of the players never wanted. Second of all you promised that those who bought the card would be "rewarded well." What type of LIE is that when one week later you chuck an achievement in our face and say HA! you got to pwn some helpless low level non varium's for 7 days and you did it for 10 bucks! Now everyone can have it for free! I could have bought a months worth of Netflix for cheaper then that.

This next update insults anyone who payed for the last one. You can call me selfish, but when you release something and the ENTIRE community is in an uproar because they paid 10 bucks for something they shouldn't have paid a dime for, and you say "hey, well we will give you a nice reward!" and all you give us is an achievement. No way I am ever buying anything in this game again. A waste of money, and a true testament to how much the developers care about the players. Not at all.

And Cinderella...

You have no right telling that poor man Practel was picking on (on the first page) that he was fairly warned. From the looks of it if you had read the design notes and logged in the feature was 100% varium and would be staying that way. A lot of people don't check the forum to see what mistakes the developers have made. So I don't see how you can tell him he was "fairly warned" and could have easily prevented buying the the feature for Varium. If their was no warning before the release went live, then their was not warning at all.

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 5/17/2011 18:23:39 >
Epic  Post #: 76
5/17/2011 18:19:58   
The UnleaShedWolfZ

Its 1:19 AM "School 2morrow but Np"

So @ Gold : WOOOOHOOOOOOOO ! :D
Epic  Post #: 77
5/17/2011 18:20:15   
Wiseman

@ Aere: Yes, fun for the players that had Founder + Frostbane, not so much for the rest of us, I had founder but not Frostbane, and I still lost most fights against players that had both. I was on the other side of the fence, and believe me, it wasn't fun, but I still played because I cared for the game and I wanted to support it. Before that I was a non varium player, I remember losing to every founder that I fought because I simply had no chance, to be honest non varium players have a better chance now than they did then.

As I said before, there's two sides to every issue, the hard part is being able to look past personal feelings, and seeing it from both perspectives.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/17/2011 18:21:22 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
5/17/2011 18:21:03   
Deimos...

Well, epice4, we don't know how many rating points the achievement is worth yet. I hope its high and worth it! ^^
Epic  Post #: 79
5/17/2011 18:21:59   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Alright let me get this straight. You just charged us 10 bucks for an achievement? Wait what? WAIT! I thought you said a "reward" Titan. How is an achievement a reward.

u few worthless pixels? isnt new wep the same thing? everything in game are just pixels
quote:

You are just adding onto a failing 2v1 system that most of the players never wanted.

last time i checked many players did want a 2v1
quote:

No way I am ever buying anything in this game again. A waste of money, and a true testament to how much the developers care about the players. Not at all.

dont pay if you dont want 2
Epic  Post #: 80
5/17/2011 18:24:42   
LambO

Just a question, do we get both Achievements or just one? -.-
Anyone who brought the card before the credit systems comes, should be awarded both, even if you're not on the board.

10$ for an achievement & if you're lucky you can get 2 achievements, thats just sad.
Atleast give all the people who brought the card both badges, cause they've tested..

LambO

< Message edited by LambO -- 5/17/2011 18:25:18 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
5/17/2011 18:25:32   
Rabies
Lightning Speed!

@Lambo, One for buying varium, one for being on the alltime on Friday.
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
5/17/2011 18:25:39   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@Wiseman: I remember the same thing happened to me with Bunnyzookas. Releasing "uber" weapons, as I like to call them just means everyone without them is left resenting them greatly. An achievement might not be as flashy as a weapon, but it also doesn't anger the big part of the community that decided not to buy the card (or didn't have the Varium to do so).

@LambO: One acheivement is only for buying the card. The other achievement will be the Daily Juggernaut Achievement which all the All-Time Juggernaut leaders will be getting since there was no daily leaderboard this week.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 5/17/2011 18:26:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
5/17/2011 18:26:00   
Mr. Black OP

@lamb0
u get both if ur in top 15 but 1 if u just bought the card
Epic  Post #: 84
5/17/2011 18:26:28   
goldslayer1

@lambo
the battle tested achievement is for anyone who has the skull card.
and the juggernaut achievement is for anyone who is in the juggernaut boards.
or anyone who wins daily juggernaut after the friday release.
AQW Epic  Post #: 85
5/17/2011 18:29:23   
Rabies
Lightning Speed!

Personally, I didn't mind paying varium for this, mainly cause, well, we get an achievement.
We get to try this first(when there isn't many juggernauts, meaning less waiting for battles)
And, because I like the new battle mode, and it's easy right now, it's nice for a change in my normal routine on EpicDuel.
AQW Epic  Post #: 86
5/17/2011 18:30:06   
Nexus...

@zman

1) You don't get it. An achievement has no use but to get me a star. A weapon (although pixels) can win me a fight, and in a PVP game THAT is everything. So yes, while they both are pixels, the achievement is made up of USELESS pixels while the weapon is made up of USEFUL pixels.

2) Many players expected a completely different battle system, not one tied into 2v2 that prides itself on beating the crap out of low level non-varium players. A lot of people expected a challenge :) So yes the current 2v1 system is somewhat failed according to the original expectations of many players.

3) Of course I won't pay of I don't want to. But I thought I would support this game (or what it used to be) and because of releases like last weeks and apparently this weeks as well, I have found that I wasted my money and in supporting the developers, supported Varium based releases which benefit a very small % of the ED population.

Hope that helped confirm what I was originally stating!

EpicE4
Epic  Post #: 87
5/17/2011 18:31:28   
LambO

Ah okay, I thought the badge was for the All-time board, not daily. So that's good news.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
5/17/2011 18:33:05   
mehmehmehmeh

Yessss... i spent 10 dollars to test a battle mode that takes forever to load and is easy to the extent that i win without using energy. For a week. AND i get an achievement! Best. Update. Ever.
Post #: 89
5/17/2011 18:34:41   
goldslayer1

@lambo
it works like 1 vs 1. the first 15 people to get on 1 vs 1 boards in the first day of ED got the 1 vs 1 achievement.
then anyone who got the most in daily wins got it.
same with fame.
first 15 got rising star. then whoever gets the most daily gets rising star.

@nexus
the achievement and rating points are worth it.
im about to reach 6 stars once i get this, rising star, celebrity, and then juggernaut.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 5/17/2011 18:37:06 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 90
5/17/2011 18:35:33   
Wiseman

@ Nexus...: Post like that is the reason why you are ignored, what you just posted was not a complaint, instead it was a blatant attack on the developers for trying to release what the players wanted. I'm sorry if the reward don't fit your standards, that's really too bad, however it does satisfy many other players, and you may think you are the voice of the "Entire community", however that is irrelevant. The fact is weapons and armor are also pixels, and they give you wins which is no less numbers than rating, the difference is achievements are more permanent, and give you a status that weapons and armors wont.

Being a Juggernaut Tester is no different than being an alpha or beta tester, and look at alpha testers, they have outdated weapons and they have an achievement. Which one is more recognized today? The answer is the achievement, the same can be said for Juggernaut Testers.

I'm sorry you feel that way about the release, however if your that dissatisfied with it, then by all means go rent something from netflix, nobodies forcing you to continue playing EpicDuel, and you are within your full rights to quit anytime. If you decide to come back in the future, the ones that do still enjoy the game and the release will be here waiting.

Thanks for reading.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/17/2011 18:42:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
5/17/2011 18:45:57   
DillBagel

I like the reward, but they should not have posted it.
Now all the "non believers" (the ones who weren't getting the card) are running off and buying it.

AQW Epic  Post #: 92
5/17/2011 18:46:08   
PivotalDisorder

@Wiseman: if you can link some posts that show people asking for a 2v1 mode exactly like juggernaut ill be silent, but
honestly, it wasnt like anything I saw in the suggestions topic. and this brings me to my main issue with this update.

if they are REALLY doing what the players wanted, i don't know, why not actually post a topic with the idea and let the community comment on it
BEFORE they waste countless hours just implementing it. its not like the devs have to change their mind, but it would of led to a far more in depth
debate and that can only be a good thing. instead they got us all excited only to unveil the biggest disappointment since "The Bazaar". especially
considering the varium con for a rare achievement.......a reward.......the only people who got rewarded are Artix and Angels Holocaust.

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 5/17/2011 18:47:40 >
Post #: 93
5/17/2011 18:46:56   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

they did what we asked for im happy, although im sure it will be over 10k credits lol, so no lvl 20 is gonna buy it.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 94
5/17/2011 18:49:04   
Nexus...

@Wiseman

Nice read...

Well, since your a moderator I guess i'm supposed to run in terror or something because i'm a "troll" now? Right? Pretty sure that what you just made me out to be. Someone who rants at the developers and hates the game, and can never be satisfied? Yeah you just took you mod power and shoved it in my face and said "HEY! I've got the power here and how dare you voice an opinion that goes against what the developers are doin!". Well maybe I am wrong. Thats beside the point.

First of all, you point that "Achievments are more permanent..." is completely invalid. My weapon is JUST as permanent as an achievement accept I can fight and win with a weapon :)

Second. I hate to say it, but you really are quite ignorant if you cannot see that this game has some issues. Its not only me. Look around the forum. I'm not being a self centered troll, rampaging on my own. THERE ARE ALOT of upset people, so before you generalize me as someone with no valid opinion, why don't you take a 360 and see that a lot of the players are upset and unhappy. Once you have done that then maybe you won't be so quick to tell me I should just leave, because before you know it, everyones going to watching Netflix, and all that will be left is you and a few others who can afford to pay for a game that is nothing more then a scam (at this point)

:)

Thanks for reading

EpicE4

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 5/17/2011 18:51:54 >
Epic  Post #: 95
5/17/2011 18:49:26   
IsaiahtheMage

@BloodRainBow No I am saying they dont have 5 -10 mins to reply to all their players. I am sure they can get to you eventually but the way your post seems like you want to be in 24-48 hours and they cant do that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 96
5/17/2011 18:53:27   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Nexus- I was only addressing that individual. I did personally make an effort to inform players about the change, including announcing it on the forum, Twitter, and Facebook. I did apologize to him personally for not being clear enough, even though as a regular forum user, I'd anticipated that he would have seen at least one of the posts I'd made. I'm not sure what else you want from me.

I'm going to echo what Wiseman said about some people who spent 3,000 varium on the Class Master achievement, and others who spent close to that on the Master of Disguise achievement.
Post #: 97
5/17/2011 18:55:25   
DillBagel

Whether people like the current 2v1 or not, this current phase of it is required to reach what the original suggestions planned out.
AQW Epic  Post #: 98
5/17/2011 18:56:34   
Wiseman

@ Jehannum: Once again your not looking at the big picture, you assume that since you don't enjoy the release, that only Angels and Artix are rewarded? Are you serious? Have you even been reading the other players responses, or just posting out of the blue? More players are fine with the reward and the mode then against it, all of the complaints have came from the same small group of players over and over. While the rest of us have to sit here and read the same complaints and insults, over and over from the same people.

I'll spell it out for you.

Just because YOU don't like the release, doesn't mean that EVERYONE ELSE hates it as well.

Now with that said, the Juggernaut mode may not be what everyone wanted, and the developers could have probably asked opinions before releasing it. However most that can afford it are happy with it, and they are glad that the developers at least tried to release something new for us to do.

The key word is most, you cant satisfy everyone all the time, so the correct option is to try to satisfy the majority.

For the record, I have nothing against you, everyone has a right to their own opinion, but please try not to assume that everyone else agrees with your opinion.

Thanks.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 5/17/2011 19:04:25 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
5/17/2011 18:59:45   
PivotalDisorder

Cinderella: Buffy also bought a ton of the same items to be no1 on the rarity leaderboard. that doesnt make it a good thing.

your right about the juggernaut release making some happy, but the people who it DID make happy are the ones who want
free wins all day long with no challenge, i cant see anyones posts that suggest otherwise. [always open to be proven wrong]

Removed content flaming the game. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 5/17/2011 19:21:14 >
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: New DN's - Juggernaut 2.0!
Page 4 of 13«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition