Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Design Notes: Time for Pudding? (Release is LIVE)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes: Time for Pudding? (Release is LIVE)
Page 1 of 512345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2011 15:24:45   
helloguy

quote:

May 25, 2011
Time for Pudding?

Hey EpicDuelists! It’s that time of the week again! Time for pudding? No, silly, it’s time for the EpicDuel Design Notes! Although I could go for some pudding...

Website Improvements

You may notice something different about the website (or not, depending on when the DNs go live). Nightwraith and Charfade have been hard at work making everything more attractive and functional. This is still the same EpicDuel you know and love (new look, same great taste...)

Mission Log!

We promised it two weeks ago, but it proved to be a little more complex than initially anticipated. We’re implementing a new Mission Log. Now you’ll be able to see which NPC you should return to, check your progress, and track the missions you’ve already completed. You’ll also be able to abandon a mission if you’re having trouble or decided not to complete the mission after all. Valery doesn’t need those guns THAT badly...

Slash Commands

You may notice that the mission log button has replaced the Actions button. This button was fine for a time, but the interface has become very conjested with all of our features. To compromise, we made it possible to access the various actions with slash commands. We've found it's actually much easier than picking out a button and provides more opportunities for super-secret actions in the future! /mysterious

Here is list of all the current slash commands. Simply enter these into the chat window and press Enter to perform them. (Note: These commands do not work in battle or PM windows)

/jump
/giggity
/wave
/bow
/point
/judo
/flex
/kick
/pushups
/fight
/die
/dance

Juggernaut Improvements

Thank you for all of your concerns about the balancing for Juggernaut battles. While we’re holding off on adding a Juggernaut button to the bottom of the screen, we are changing up the balance to make it better for the Underdogs. We’re raising the Underdog range up 2 levels. Meaning that a level 33 Juggernaut will now be facing a team with the level range of 25-30. A quick way to know the levels your character could face in a Juggernaut battle is to take your level and subtract 3 and 8- that will give your Underdog level range!

Bug Smashing!

We’ve fixed the "CHECK POINT FAIL 6" bug that was related to skill warmups. What on Delta V does that mean? Have you ever been in a battle, clicked a skill, and nothing happened? Annoying, huh? That's CHECK POINT FAIL 6.

We've also fixed the daily leaderboard bug that incorrectly displays win %.

Looking Forward...

On a happier note, we’d anticipated a portion of this update that should make our players happy. However, the sheer volume is so large that we need a bit more time to draw all of them. “All of what?” you ask? Well, next week we’re setting up a new Player Suggestion Shop! Some of our lucky players will have their items featured in-game, and receive the Epic Artist achievement as well as their item!

Thank you for your continued support, suggestions, and criticism

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 5/25/2011 15:28:21 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
5/25/2011 15:27:36   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I'm really glad that the Juggernaut opponent levels are raised, a level 24 wasn't really that fair even though being paired with another of a similar level.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/25/2011 15:28:30   
Rayman
Banned

Aww helloguy i was going to post this.

Well, not big update but i like it.

Thanks for other update.

And digital gah Now u room my first post.

Im unlucky lol

Oh Now we need to type for actions.

< Message edited by raymanpwner -- 5/25/2011 15:31:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
5/25/2011 15:29:49   
helloguy

it looks fair but seriously if you get stuck with a pair of either lvl 28 or higher you are screwed let alone two lvl 30's

< Message edited by helloguy -- 5/25/2011 15:30:13 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/25/2011 15:44:17   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Nice, I'm glad Juggernaut is getting some more balance. I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Good luck to all the artists out there...! Seeing more player art in-game would be a great treat. =)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
5/25/2011 16:10:09   
Sageofpeace

such a long paragraph for nothing but i guess is ok can't everything in one week

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 6
5/25/2011 16:13:27   
Polandor

It a really good juggernaut update, and if you think it too hard for the juggernaut, just don't be the juggernaut.

Since their is a better challenge now, I will start to be a juggernaut after the next update.
Post #: 7
5/25/2011 16:29:09   
IsaiahtheMage

Sounds good. Finally the Juggernaut Mode gets balance. But it still needs a new button. Suggestion Shop sounds alright. Mission Log good to. But I am sure we are still lacking something.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
5/25/2011 16:45:37   
Lord/Fredd

Looks good, it shows us that Cinderella, Titan and NightWraith are listening to us players and concerned about the balance :)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
5/25/2011 16:48:12   
Vick Vega

Yawn.... Oh I am sorry I fell asleep while reading the ED manual of what the interns should be doing.... Way to give it to Cinderella so at least the nothingness could be delivered in a slightly humerous fashion. FAIL
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
5/25/2011 16:51:07   
Illuminator

I must say, I was quite excited when it said pudding. I enjoy pudding. Maybe we'll have pudding next week then?

But seriously, I think that a range of 25-30 should be just about right. Of course there will be more difficult battles (30+30) and easier ones (25+25) but it should average out to be a nice challenge. I look forward to not winning easily.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
5/25/2011 17:00:56   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

i haz request for puddin cup weapon of doom.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
5/25/2011 17:04:18   
IsaiahtheMage

@Illuminator Wait a minute! I thought it was ONLY 3 and 8 levels lower not a range. Oh HECK no. This still doesnt fix the problem of 2 LVL 25s vs a LVL 33 Varuim. If its gonna be a range. Then it needs to be a a LVL 33 vs a LVL 30-28 range. Because then its still no challenge if a 33 encounters a 2 25s. But 2 30s could be tough. So overall. I am kinda against this but with it at the same time I am neatural I guess.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
5/25/2011 17:05:54   
Bunshichi

Better get in the easy wins ftm.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
5/25/2011 17:33:44   
Tiago X

And with this, my easy wins shall be gone. NOOO!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
5/25/2011 17:47:04   
8x

I guess I will have to stop ignoring malfs and smoke from low lvls and start using assault bot.

< Message edited by 8rlx0 -- 5/25/2011 18:17:34 >
Epic  Post #: 16
5/25/2011 18:22:18   
Evric

darn it

i was looking for puddin
Post #: 17
5/25/2011 18:30:22   
LambO

Nothing on getting more involved with the community yet? =/ (Communicating)

Cool release, but nothing for me.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
5/25/2011 18:31:33   
IsaiahtheMage

Lol honestly devs look this thread is NOT full of people saying YAY and AWESOME!! This is all gone your players arent even excited anymore. You need to fix that.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 5/25/2011 19:47:07 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
5/25/2011 18:55:45   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Vick Vega- I am the intern... I'm sorry I'm not yet as good with ActionScript as Titan is...

@Isaiah- it is a range. Hopefully one that should provide a nice range of battles in terms of challenge for both the Underdogs and the Juggernaut.

And I'm trying to communicate more freely- sometimes it isn't possible for me to provide individual feedback to every comment and suggestion.
Post #: 20
5/25/2011 19:02:58   
Luna_moonraider

Another sad and hmm useless update. soooo did not expect that. The devs did not make any players happy at all.

1) The gold card did not go rare the last update the devs did say it would go rare but why sell it for 1 more week i see no point in selling such an overpriced item which does nothing but take up bag slots and mind u once u get the card u cant sell it,distroy or trade it away.

2) The promos are not sold in game and i see no indication that the devs want to sell it in game. basically u will have to waste 50 bucks to get those ugly (no offence) guns.

3) NO weps for non variums since like st pat day that is like 2 months of nothing for non variums.

4) The gold card is useless and the reward the gave the jug testers is dumb. yes i did not even get the card and i m saying the reward is dumb because it is.

AQW Epic  Post #: 21
5/25/2011 19:04:09   
goldslayer1

wow
a lvl 25 can have 54 stats, 73 if enhanced. and they raise the cap to 25-30 for the underdogs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
5/25/2011 19:12:21   
Epic Pwnser

So. How does pudding have to do anything with this really "nothing much release"?
Would love it if there were even newer content.

Growth of this game is slowing down.....to a turtle-like pace.

Juggernaut update to up to lvl 30 for lvl 33 will be a real challenge. That would be the normal 2v2, but severely in their advantage (you without a partner).
Hope that doesn't happen too often, and it would be a nice change to those full varium people who love easy wins.

Epic  Post #: 23
5/25/2011 19:13:09   
Shadow Jester

A suggestion shop :o .... We need more varium then lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
5/25/2011 19:14:17   
goldslayer1

hopefully this suggestion shop is 80% non varium items only.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes: Time for Pudding? (Release is LIVE)
Page 1 of 512345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition