Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes: Time for Pudding? (Release is LIVE)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes: Time for Pudding? (Release is LIVE)
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/26/2011 9:49:15   
RKC

@ Cinderella

When are you gonna adjust the bots. Its the only thing tipping the game.
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 76
5/26/2011 9:52:46   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

That's honestly a Titan question, RKC. I don't always have the answers on timeframes at my fingertips.
Post #: 77
5/26/2011 9:54:08   
Clutch

Sadly I feel this update will limit the Juggernaut to Tank Mercs, they're the only one's who will be able to withstand two lvl 30's :/.
As for the rest of the update... oh wait, that's pretty much it...

@Cindy: Will there perhaps be something else added to the update? Like for instance, last weeks DN's didn't include the stun guns.

< Message edited by Clutch -- 5/26/2011 9:55:14 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 78
5/26/2011 9:54:39   
RKC

@Cinderella

Can you tell titan about that issue. I'm running out of tricks against +5 focus tank builds.

I only have limited resources and this will also benefit non-variums greatly.

< Message edited by RKC -- 5/26/2011 9:55:57 >
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 79
5/26/2011 9:55:55   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

The only thing that worries me now, is meeting two high level Support Mercs with max Artillery :3 I think "ouch" may suit this situation..
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
5/26/2011 10:06:58   
Vick Vega

quote:

Just to clarify- the Player Suggestion shop is opening next week. NOT for this update.

And I'm pretty sure many of the Player-Suggested weapons are going to be nonvarium (if not all).

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 5/26/2011 9:48:07 >

So the nothing in this update wasnt even nothing in this update its the nothing for the next update. Which well leaves less than the nothing we started with for this update..... lol

< Message edited by Vick Vega -- 5/26/2011 11:38:30 >

http://www.herosmash.com/hs-character.asp?id=Vick%20vega
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
5/26/2011 10:35:51   
Silver Sky Magician

Minor things are more important than they sound. They make the major things possible. I don't think its very realistic to expect the devs to roll out a radical balance update AND create a suggestion shop within two weeks. The first requires much debate and discussion, the second time and effort for drawing.

As some have already said, for a game as understaffed as EpicDuel, it is not realistic to expect a major update every week. That there are updates every week is an improvement from Beta, when there were updates only every two to three weeks. And it isn't as easy getting more staff as some players make it sound. Not everyone has the programming skills, artistic talent, knowledge of EpicDuel and passion for this line of work.

In fact I don't think I have ever seen a design notes thread without some bashing or the other. If the devs do things that seem non-contentious, they get bashed for focused on little things and not actually changing anything. If they try to balance EpicDuel, those who think that they are being nerfed complain. If they add weapons, they get bashed for not pushing out more important features and making players spend more money. If they don't add weapons, they get bashed for ignoring the needs of the community.

For example, if robots are nerfed, some will say that they have been cheated out of their money, that there is no reason to nerf them, and possibly link the two premises to the devs being greedy and ignorant of EpicDuel. It seems like if the devs don't do this, the same things would occur. Is there a way out of this?

As evidenced by Luna's concern, there are some who think that the non-varium Juggernauts have been scammed out of 20,000 credits because there is 'no way' they can adapt to the new Juggernaut range. Despite the widespread call by the non-varium community for further Juggernaut balancing, of which Luna was a part of. I'm not accusing anyone of being hypocritical, but there is no way to please everyone.

Here Luna used the perspective of a non-varium Juggernaut; beforehand she used the perspective of a non-varium non-Juggernaut Juggernaut battle participant. Though they are both non-varium, the conflicting needs made her contradict herself when changing her perspective.

The devs are addressing our concerns. The suggestion shop contains the non-varium weapons the non-varium community have been clamouring for, though it is in next week's update. The Juggernaut battle system is being further balanced. Irritating bugs squashed. The mission system geared up for greater things. Be grateful and realistic. A journey is undertaken one step at a time.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 5/26/2011 10:46:38 >
Post #: 82
5/26/2011 10:51:32   
Cookielord12

juggernaut is merc territory. everything is merc merc merc merc. *sighs*
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 83
5/26/2011 12:39:21   
Sageofpeace

OFF-TOPIC Everything is about mercenary lately i have seen a lot people trying to get mercenary nerf which i hope it doesn't happen, is either mercenary been too strong or Mage been to weak could you just stop posting off topic post.

On-Topic

Hope that the next update is actually a update because this was a complete FAIL

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 84
5/26/2011 12:48:40   
kakilleon2

FINALLY A GOOD RELEASE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Hope 85% is non var items or...

HELL WILL BREAK

edit:
PLEASE IGNOR everything befor "edit: " cause This SUCK
I cant wait till next weak ;)

O.o did i just threw 20k out of my house last week? LOL

< Message edited by kakilleon2 -- 5/26/2011 13:00:50 >
Epic  Post #: 85
5/26/2011 14:47:48   
Dax
Remember The Name

I definitely approve of the new level range for juggernaut. The vast majority of juggernauts are level 33 varium players. With the current level range these high level players are basicially using the lower level opponents as npcs. It is no challenge whatsover. The best juggernaut percents SHOULD be around 70%. The mean chance to win SHOULD be 50%. This will make juggernaut battles less a death sentence for the lower level players. I haven't had much interest in juggernaut mode because it was no challenge whatsoever, now it has become more interesting.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
5/26/2011 15:05:02   
kakilleon2

Non-var Juggernaut dies out*
20k W A S T E D
who cares though... I DO
Epic  Post #: 87
5/26/2011 15:31:08   
zion

Since we can all agree that the 20,000 credit silver card will be severely overpriced after this update, how about an achievement (obviously [much] less than the gold card) for those who bought it?
That's how the devs made the gold cardholders feel better about wasting their varium.
Edit: Or perhaps special drops?

< Message edited by gk365 -- 5/26/2011 16:03:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
5/26/2011 15:39:33   
DeathGuard

@Digital X: Let the ideas for suggestion shop flow my friend, anyways don't expect I'm giving up so easily ^o^.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
5/26/2011 16:05:02   
Goony
Constructive!

@Dax, I decided to try JabbaNoob as a level 24 BH, got the Desert Ronin Armor, some 28 claws and decent gun. That was the end of the credits I had, even when I sold the gamma bike, so I couldn't afford a good aux!

http://www.epicduel.com/charpage.asp?id=Cold%20Chisel

Got slaughtered by tank and support mercs, only close game was vs a level 32 non varium support merc where we both had a turn before him and even then he crit us to death. The problem with the mode is the stats/enhancements for the top levels means that the luck goes to the Juggernaught more often than not. Even with all the enhanced weapons and high level weapons if I didn't use the bot or energy my strikes did 3. It's pretty ridiculous still...

You should have seen the comments I got when I played some of the level 14's and 15's, just about every strike I had was a crit and I blocked, deflected consistently

The reduced level difference will help, but I tend to think this mode would have been better as a 2 vs boss mode!

There has been an update already, has anyone noticed what has changed? All the twitters say nothing!

Bring in ayybaby's idea "press spacebar to jump" XD
Epic  Post #: 90
5/26/2011 16:06:54   
helloguy

update already
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 91
5/26/2011 16:11:35   
Xendran

It's pudding time children.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 5/26/2011 18:37:45 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 92
5/26/2011 16:20:47   
ajs777

still no facepalm action? aw man cmon we need that one, i hope they raise the team reward for juggernaut battles, gotta give them a reason to 2v1

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
5/26/2011 16:22:46   
PivotalDisorder

epicduel is dead ajs777 ? yet here you are, waiting for the update.............lol?
Post #: 94
5/26/2011 17:16:35   
IsaiahtheMage

People there is nothing wrong with the robots. Stop complaining about them being OPed or need a nerf or need to be debuffed. No they dont. If you cant beat them then you just need to learn to use a build that can or eitheir use the build yourself. Stop accusing it of being to strong. Its annoying how all of you are "I cant beat it so it must go" its so annoying. Just stop it eitheir learn to beat them or stop complaining. Get over it already.
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
5/26/2011 17:48:12   
PivotalDisorder

just to confirm, a level 33 can face 2x 30s ;)
Post #: 96
5/26/2011 18:03:58   
LambO

Isaiah, I don't know if bots are overpowered or not, I just obviously don't care.
'It's annoying how all of you.' It should be 'some' You still need to learn not to accuse everyone.

We could just say the samething about non-varium players.
Learn a build to beat a varium player & stop the complaining, which won't happen.
If a bot is overpowered, it's overpowered. If non-varium need a buff, they need a buff..
This game is not Isaiah Duel, it doesn't revolve around you. People have there opinions, let them have it.
Instead of complaining, that people are complaining..

Anyway this release is for tomorrow or next friday?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 97
5/26/2011 18:06:05   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

^ The release just went live today actually... let me go add that to the title. :)

The suggestion shop is for next week.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
5/26/2011 18:16:03   
Mr. Black OP

@jeh
beat a 33 and 29 in a 2v1 when my partner left
Epic  Post #: 99
5/26/2011 20:19:41   
Master Volcon

so what changed on the website?
its looks the same
AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes: Time for Pudding? (Release is LIVE)
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition