Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The State of EpicDuel Address

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The State of EpicDuel Address
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2011 20:57:04   
RKC

Beta was the light side of ED

It all started to go dark when they first implemented promo items. The first one was Bunnyzooka where you can only get it by buying AE upgrade card and also ingame but its far expensive. It all triggered a chain that for this day still has it going.

Gamma was the dark time where everything went downhill. Stat spamming, Bot spamming, OP promo items, Money, money and more money. It sparked unbalance builds.

My AnimeList
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 26
5/25/2011 20:59:24   
Retrosaur

@Zean Zapple+
Ironically, *cough* “storyline” in the game is the story of many players. True story.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
5/25/2011 21:00:34   
Soliqe

quote:

Why is it always the people who I've known, for (literally) going on a year, making these posts?

They're making them but they're simple sentenced arguments. "EpicDuel is boring and fame ruined everything! Please change it"

@Thylek

Thank you for your thoughts. I agree to the very brim of your post. I know that people still want weapons. I hear players screaming about it every week now. The game simply won't change if the company is too into the money.

AQW Epic  Post #: 28
5/25/2011 21:00:44   
Zean Zapple

@hypedxlord, Are you agreeing with me?
Epic  Post #: 29
5/25/2011 21:01:46   
Shadronica

The message that Soliqe has posted is echoed in the sentiments all over this forum. Not just now but its been evolving for a long time but the ball just kept rolling along until it has amassed giant proportions.

Players concerns and suggestions were put forward but the main issues were avoided.

Its a shame because the basic game of EpicDuel is such a wonderful game.

I feel that our game developers have tried to give us more exciting features but they really needed to stop and think exactly how these features would directly affect what was basically a very nice game.

The aggressive marketing has made the game abrasive and I know that negotiations are being discussed finally in regard to the high cost. However, those varium intensive features are still in the game and somewhere down the track these too will have to be looked at.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
5/25/2011 21:04:32   
Retrosaur

@Zean.

Absolutely. 100%. I just had to laugh a bit, that the makers of the storyline (BigTuna, who ironically, has no posts on her twitter, indicating she may have left EDStaff), predicted the future of this game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
5/25/2011 21:07:24   
Thylek Shran

Totaly agree with you RKC. Its a doom loop because the
next promo item has to be better than the old ones.
Instead of creating good looking armors, different looking
armors and customizing its all about power. Even if I would
be a millionaire I wouldn´t buy this very ugly bunny armor
and the clunky and oversized promo swords.

I wonder if they really have been drawn by the same person
because most items in the early game just have an amazing
design.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 5/25/2011 21:09:01 >
DF Epic  Post #: 32
5/25/2011 21:17:33   
Zean Zapple

@Soliqe, The issue, as you have said is the expensive pricing. But the other problem is the egocentricity of EpicDuel.

Titan and Nightwraith have the power to change both of those, but they choose not too. Sorry for throwing just them under the bus, all of the AE Staff involved in ED is at fault here.

~Zean

< Message edited by Zean Zapple -- 5/25/2011 21:18:18 >
Epic  Post #: 33
5/25/2011 21:22:57   
Shadronica

Indirectly you are correct Zean. Some of the features that were brought into the game reflect this. Examples are the War Kills Leaderboard, the Rarity Board and Fame. I could have lived without them tbh. I know that some people love them but they are a minority.

Oh ... cya Prac nice of you to drop by. ;) Please close the door on the way out.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
5/25/2011 21:23:47   
Zean Zapple

@Practel, I do consider you a friend, but in this case your phony cool, calm, and collected attitude is making you come across as arrogant. People have a right to their own opinion, and wether you agree or disagree, they still deserve respect.

Also just for your information, there's a slight breeze outside, do bundle up.

~Zean

< Message edited by Zean Zapple -- 5/25/2011 21:24:51 >
Epic  Post #: 35
5/25/2011 21:44:21   
Soliqe

This latest update is just another one of those caked on template releases. The foundations need to be changed. You know, if you put to many object upon another object, it breaks. Until the foundation of EpicDuel becomes a slate of rock, it will crumble upon the wooden desk that it's currently sitting upon.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/27/2011 13:51:50 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
5/25/2011 22:02:52   
Wraith

@Aere: I'm a Gamma Player

My suggestion would be to have something similar to membership.

I believe the current issue is that players are not getting what they think they deserve and flamingeach other and developers about it.

Thank you Soliqe for finding that quote. Theoretically isn't NW breaking the toS?

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/27/2011 13:52:40 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
5/25/2011 22:13:57   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Lord Sinastr- I don't make a habit of editing Nightwraith's posts. He's kind of my boss. :P

@Sol- I don't feel sassed or anything, and I'm sorry for misinterpreting you.

We know the balance issues- it's just a sensitive task to make a slight nerf without making another class/build OP. The elimination of reduced defenses during stunning is a balance change that should help mercenaries from being OP.
Post #: 38
5/25/2011 22:20:38   
Soliqe

@Cindy

Thank you for replying. I figured you didn't considering I probably would've have received a PM afterwards. It's not the skills and classes that need balancing. It's the stats and weapons.

< Message edited by Soliqe -- 5/25/2011 22:52:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
5/25/2011 22:35:13   
Wraith

@Cinderella: Kay, good to know.

YAY A DEV/MOD REPLIED TO ME!!!

EDIT: I never said that Cinderella, I just said that Nightwraith de Boss broke ToS, so isn't he a hypocrite? Becuase he was recommending that we shouldn't play.

LOL

This is sufficient proof that the developers of this game look through the forums on a regular basis.

< Message edited by Lord Sinastr -- 5/25/2011 22:38:27 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
5/26/2011 0:01:01   
DeathGuard

Maybe this update can help improve the game a little, but like charfade said'' We are moving taking baby steps'' and is true, we are on a testing phase and we must have more patience about it. I will be honest, I have flame the devs but what? I realize that we must wait and we will receive in order to that. No more I can say to help this thread just that all of you have a good day!

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/27/2011 13:54:27 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
5/26/2011 1:18:07   
Shadronica

Frogbones you are correct that all our opinions are valid indeed. The only problem is that a lot of players either are too shy to post or say things in a way that could be misconstrued as offensive and have their posts deleted.

In actual fact after reading this thread through again ... to Practel I would like to say this ... Jzaanu who is a well respected player who always tries to be nice to the Developers was the one who asked me to post my support on her thread regarding the issue with the $50 stun gun stunt.

It got my blood boiling but at least Wiseman realised with all the cries of "rip off" that something needed to be done to address the extreme cost of this game which actually targets players to make unlimited contributions.

Examples of this are -
1. Several hundreds of dollars spent in one day to achieve WD for ONE day for heavens sakes.
2. The War Kills board ... How many shamelessly unlimited dollars are players being allowed to contribute there?
3. The Rares board ... How many multiple rares can you buy honestly?

These features just smack of "show me the money".

Don't even get me started on enhancements! We all know that is an ouch factor.

What happened to a game of PvP? It got seriously trampled and shoved aside for some blatantly needless features that took the limelight from the game itself.

Oh by the way ... if by chance that the War Kills board were to be changed I would certainly hope that the players who have contributed to that part of ED gets full recognition as being Demi Gods on the all time board but seriously how bout some limitations on the War Kills and Rares board.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/27/2011 13:55:05 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 42
5/26/2011 2:09:03   
DillBagel

And I truly don't think everything is Titan and Nightwraith's fault, I like the devs. I believe it IS someone else dealing with different things of EpicDuel, but notice the lack of AE support for this game. Other brand new games like Herosmash have full teams already and will most likely be done testing before we finish gamma. The same actually goes for Mechquest, except it's omega, not gamma right now.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 5/27/2011 13:55:29 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 43
5/26/2011 4:44:46   
Shadronica

Thats because we funded HeroSmash :P
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
5/26/2011 6:05:42   
MirageD

i agree with everything shad is saying here......i believe the real crux of the problem is not with the ed developers but rather with the artix influence over ed......the prices are out of this world for very little return (or sometimes the returns are even reversed in future releases)....ed appears to be generating a lot of revenue for artix yet the artix team is supplying very little support to the ed game.....on top of all that.... artix is using ed to support their other games (advertising and such) and i don't see the same support coming from the other games for ed....just my humble opinion

< Message edited by MirageD -- 5/26/2011 6:06:34 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 45
5/26/2011 8:47:19   
Polandor

Soliqe,

I agree with your view, and it a nice idea to scale the robot damage with % remaining of energy.

Soliqe for President !
Post #: 46
5/26/2011 9:20:28   
Santa ClawZz

The difference of what Practel and NW is saying is that Practel left us no choice but to quit if we didn't like something about ED. Instead, NW said if after all his LONG post, we still thought that him or Titan do not even care about us and only want money, then we could probably quit, if we hate EpicDuel so much.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
5/26/2011 11:40:45   
PumKing

I have taken an extended break from epic-duel, and quite frankly I'm rather shocked at the state of affairs. I thought that after that last update with the stats, I really thought that we would begin to see a change in the foundation of the game (quickly). But here are things as I see it, Soliqe is right the foundation needs to be changed, Shadronica is also right that there has been too much money pumed into this game. I'm afraid that I was unaware of the lack of support ED was getting from the other Artix games, and more surprised still to find this after having heard that ED supports THEM from the money that they recieve from ED. And also the fact that many of the games in testing are near end zones. And that i9t turns out that varium weps CAN in fact be turned to non-var, and how long 2v1 took to get here, here is my theory.

This game is about money, and when the devs of ED finally implement the finishing touches in balancing the game in its ENTIRTY, that will be the end of the white rapid money flow, sure they can still do promo items here and there, but in a balanced game, new weps arent going to hook players who know how to work the game with more or less any wepon, so that means that only the newer players will impluse buy them because it's new. (I know this is getting rather dark of me but) The long and short of it is, is that the game devs will not make this game as fair as it can be till the last second in order to make as much money as possible.

I started playing in beta, and even though I have been fighting it, this game is slowly becomeing something that (because I might close the post with too caustic language) is becomeing a game i do not want to play.

Carpe Dium--grab a carp, slap him around XD
Epic  Post #: 48
5/26/2011 12:31:21   
Soliqe

@PumKing

I found out the lack of AE's support when I had asked over and over again why EpicDuel players get 0 benefits from playing HS. My questions were ignored and here we are, with no benefits anywhere.
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
5/26/2011 21:15:45   
Shadronica

It was wonderful to see you return with another well thought out post Soliqe.

And thanks again for your support.

I am afraid that we have lost a lot of our good posters due to apathy.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The State of EpicDuel Address
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition