Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Juggernaut Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Juggernaut Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/11/2011 0:05:57   
Mister

yeah its really hard now threre are variums in 2vs1 and lvl 28 and lvl 30 i cant even beat 1 of them
Epic  Post #: 101
6/11/2011 0:08:37   
Luna_moonraider

@Deimos...

nice idea but ain it kinda unfair for the varium players because they did pay to get a significant advantage. also some varium people paid like 10 bucks and got nothing but a stupid achievment and a stupid and useless gold card by making your idea the varium players who got the golden *scam* card will be angry and feel cheated even more.

a bigger lvl range would slove the problems.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 6/11/2011 0:39:48 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 102
6/11/2011 0:15:12   
Mr. Black OP

@above
or do this:
if u get a lv 30 or 29 the only partner they cld get is lv 25 or lowe (with ur wider range idea)
Epic  Post #: 103
6/11/2011 0:19:23   
Luna_moonraider

@ above

hmm sounds fair but i think it is gonna be hard to program that into the game and lots of bugs might turn up.
AQW Epic  Post #: 104
6/11/2011 0:33:27   
ambien

oh my now what 1st ppl cryed jug was unfair for nons now varium players are crying man up varium players if you cnt play it dnt play 2v1

always the SyFy
Post #: 105
6/11/2011 0:35:54   
LANDIS
BATORO! Huge in Gothpan

All Juggernaut threads have been merged into this official thread. Discuss all the pros and cons of Juggernaut Mode here. Such as:

Is it unfair to the Juggernaut and why?

Is it unfair to the Team and why?

Is it great the way it is?

Is it fun, is it not, do you love it, do you not, etc.

Anything Juggernaut related can be discussed here in a respectful and constructive way. Have fun!
DF Epic  Post #: 106
6/11/2011 3:46:06   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Alrighty then!

Unfair to the Juggernaut? No. I think it's more unfair to the lower levels who you're against, a majority of the time they are under level 30, non varium and have not enhanced equipment nor have decent defences and are beat in a flash.

Unfair to the team? Maybe. Most Juggernauts i guess are high(ish) level, have the best equipment (or at least best they can) and is usually fully enhanced so they have a much greater advantage than that of the two who are facing the Juggernaut.

Is it great the way it is? Personally yes, i don't see anything immediately wrong with it, now we have the level increased for the two you fight so it's at a greater difficulty thus providing the player a better challenge.

Is it fun? Absolutely! I prefer Juggernaut to 1v1 or 2v2, i don't like it just because i can win easily, we've had the 1v1 and 2v2 for how long now? and now we have a new battle mode, reaping great rewards!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 107
6/11/2011 12:27:40   
Mr. Black OP

Is it unfair to the Juggernaut and why? Yes and no. When you get 2 full varium level 30s, the juggernaut is just a free win. No because if you get 2 level 25s they are just free wins for the juggernaut

Is it unfair to the Team and why? Most of the time no, if a level 25 or 26 gets a lv 30 it is still very difficult for the juggernaut to win, and if they get a block deflection, or a critical they are bound to win.

Is it great the way it is? No still needs a way so its fair for both sides 100% of the time.

Is it fun, is it not, do you love it, do you not, etc. It WAS fun after the 1st update for it (lv 24-29 I think)

Anything Juggernaut related can be discussed here in a respectful and constructive way. Have fun! Yay!
Epic  Post #: 108
6/11/2011 13:14:46   
Soldier 1124

I think they should make the lvl range smaller, to 26-29 if you are fighting as a 33. Nowadays, the only Juggernaut battles i lose have at least one 30 in them, and, not or, have someone with varium. I think i have one of the best Juggernaut builds out there, averaging 93% (which, is not as good as most people on the leadeboard, but they got the majority of their wins when the level range was to low, and now one loss wont screw up their record). As many people have mentioned before, 2 25s are free wins, and 2 30s is an almost guranteed loss. Today, i have fought, and lost, 6 fights with either a 29 and 30, or 2 30s. There is almost no point in even trying. By this point in the game, most of them know how to play, and use their skills better. I am all for that, but it is extremely hard when you have one down to low hp, then boom, two heals, and they are back to full hp. Another battle i just fought:
Mage- malfs me (at max
Merc- who has lvl 32 weapon, attacks doing 22 damage
Me- 73 hp, didnt think i needed to heal, so robot, which was reduced by malf, so it only hit 31 agaisnt merc.
Mage- aux 29
Merc- berzerkers, leaving me with 1 hp
Me- heals
Mage- attacks
Merc- attacks
Me- 3 hp, so boosters
Mage- stuns me (Not that it would've mattered)
Merc- double strike crit

I was able to attack once, before i got extremely owned. Both of the people i faced were 30s, no varium. I dont think anyone in the game, unless they were extremely lucky, could have done much better than i did (mainly becasue they both didnt just have energy attacks, and couldve done as much damage as they did on me with energy attacks, as with physical). This is one of the reasons i think the level range should be smaller.

< Message edited by Soldier 1124 -- 6/11/2011 16:32:49 >

If you cant be skillful, be lucky
If you cant be lucky, be skillful.
Also, did you know that a Moor Macaque is a type of monkey.
Epic  Post #: 109
6/11/2011 14:57:43   
Retrosaur

@Frost
That's probably an overstatement. Juggernaut mode is supposed to be a challenge, not a way to farm gp.
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
6/12/2011 3:32:17   
Death

Well, if your doing Jug battles for exp... its not going to work very well.
You are likely to get pair against lvl 30 varium buyers.

I bet most of the Non-varium wouldn't buy the skull card since they are tire of facing varium already.
So they ignore jug challenge, thus all the Jugs will face Variums.

I think what they should have done was just put a lvl requirement on the Skull card.
Therefore it werent be a waste of credit and players will willing try it from time to time.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
5/19/2012 16:59:55   
Rayman
Banned

I just Bump'Ed this thread.
Jugg is now balanced but i think the juggernaut should start all THE BATTLES.
when we get to lvl 35 i think we will be able to fights lvls 30?
AQW Epic  Post #: 112
5/19/2012 17:18:55   
DeathGuard

Is it unfair to the Juggernaut and why? It is fair, but matching out two lvl 29 with variums items is really challenging, the worst they calling you noob because they crit you.

Is it unfair to the Team and why? No, because they are matched with pairs, if they don't use a strategy to beat a juggernaut, is because they don't want to win.

Is it great the way it is? Yes it is but the matching of two varium players isn't good.

Is it fun, is it not, do you love it, do you not, etc. Yes it is fun, but receiving stuns, crits and insults isn't good at all.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 113
5/20/2012 8:53:33   
xGreen Warriorx

I've been wondering how the game decides who goes 1st, 2nd, 3rd in a juggernaut battle, because the juggernaut never seems to go first. If it was decided by the player with the most support than the juggernaut would usually go first, because the jugg is the highest level. But thats not the case, so it must be decided by some system that nobody understands except admin. I think that it needs to be balanced a bit more because I often lose jugg battles against lower levels because I go last, and on the rare occasions when I go first, it can make it too easy, so maybe have the juggernaut always go second?
AQW Epic  Post #: 114
5/20/2012 9:35:35   
SouL Prisoner

^ the player with the lowest level goes 1st, this happens only in 99% of cases ... some times even the juggernaut gets 1st turn, while some time, the player with the second highest level goes 1st, but 99% of the time, lowest level player, go 1st....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
5/20/2012 10:03:55   
King Helios

I am thinking of becoming a Juggernaut at level 32 (TlM), any tips?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 116
5/20/2012 10:28:29   
PivotalDisorder

I think the turn order should always be fixed.

for the 2 man team, the player in the upper position goes first and the lower player goes 3rd, Juggernaut 2nd.
you can be half dead even with 155 health if you go last, 4 turns for them to 1 of yours is such a big advantage.

nonetheless, Juggernaut is a mode for scrubs that want easy stress free wins, been a nice alternative to 2v2 or 1vBH/CH
modes but I do not feel any pride in winning the Jug matches and I fully understand the hate lower levels feel for "us".

@DuelDomination: you need 110+ health at least, as you need to survive the early assault, a high Field Medic, 45+health.
then you got to decide between high tech+phys armour or mid dex/tech+energy armour and either high support or str.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 5/20/2012 10:31:53 >

Post #: 117
5/20/2012 10:39:11   
Stabilis

Focus Bloodlust builds and Strength Bloodlust builds seem to work the best for me in Juggernaut.
AQ Epic  Post #: 118
5/20/2012 16:53:46   
steven11113

It is unfair for non variums to face a tank juggernaut. Non variums is weak since most of the attack without energy are usually 3 damage. They need to have a minmum of 5 damage on every success attack.
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
5/21/2012 12:28:13   
Stabilis

^

Then juggernaut duelists can also do tank builds and hit 5 on the Juggernaut while the same applies to Juggernaut: whichever side has more health points would likely win every battle.

In my opinion the minimal should be 1 but not 0. For animations like Cheapshot instead of showing 1-0-0 it would be cleaner to show 1-None-None. None being that there are no numerical outputs (no numbers are shown).
AQ Epic  Post #: 120
5/21/2012 21:35:17   
Mr. Black OP

^
I support 1 minimum, if I have 50 defense and he hits 45 then I should take 1 not 3, whats the point in having more defense then?
@steven
You have to keep in mind the non varium juggernauts.

Epic  Post #: 121
5/22/2012 10:58:04   
PivotalDisorder

if non-vars wanna do juggernaut that is upto them, but lets not pretend, Juggernaut is a mode for full variums really
and if you give any consideration to non-vars, it will just mean easyville for the full vars.
Post #: 122
5/22/2012 19:56:19   
ngshuyi94

There are a couple of non variums who have done well in Juggernaut.

Everything is pretty balanced now, really. Theres no need for any change.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 123
6/16/2012 13:43:27   
sylar67

As much as i like slaying those low level newbies ... juggernaut is ruining the game . Side effects will take place in the future where there will be only players at the level cap and no new players .
Demonstration :
last month i think juggernaut level range was increased , everyone stopped playing So they re-decreased it .
this is 1 big mistake , not having 100% win doesn't mean that the battle mode isn't good .
usually people at 4-5 levels be4 the cap go with 2vs2ing because of all the people at level cap that they cant handle , 2vs2 gives them a better opportunity to win with their cooperation with high levels .
But when (now) 1vs1 is impossible , 2vs2 ? i doubt they are getting in any 2vs2 battles due to the high pressure on juggernaut after yesterdays update .
i see player on the board with 60, 80 and almost 100 wins with 100% ... that means juggernauts are invulnerable .

Solution :
rise the level range to 1 player at 2-3 levels less then you accompanied by a 2-3 lower level partner then him .
Post #: 124
6/16/2012 15:39:51   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Why the hell does this thread still exist?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Juggernaut Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition