Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Aeradon DeAern: Dragonborn!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Aeradon DeAern: Dragonborn!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/1/2011 14:04:30   
legend179
Banned

This story takes place a little over a year after the Final 13th. Things are not the same as they once were. Sepulchure had poisoned the Great Oak in Oaklore Keep, bringing the city to it's end. Xan used Akriloth's son and melted the glacier that Dragesvard was nestled in. In the hustle of their massive attacks, Drakath infiltrated Aeris Battlespire and crashed it into DragonsGrasp, dying in the process but causing the flying city to crash into the Sandsea, where it became the largest place of refuge for war survivors. This story follows Aeradon DeAern, a Guardian who was nearly killed when the Guardian Tower was destroyed. This story follows him as he learns the truth of what he really is, and what he will have to do to save all of Lore.

Prologue:
"The mana bombs aren't doing enough damage..."the Guardian said, looking at the massive dracoliche worriedly."There are too many of them...they are as numerous as the sands in Lore! We can't hold out much longer."
"Don't lose faith! By the light, these beasts will see no mercy from my blade!" Aeradon said to his friend, trying to reassure him. "FOR FALCONREACH!"
"FOR FALCONREACH!"shouted all the Guardians in unison.
Meanwhile, within the Guardian Tower...
"Ethran! Status Report." Guardian Kain commanded.
"We are holding the line, but not easily. For now, they have not yet breached the outer wall." Ethran, the legendary DragonWarrior who has saved Lore countless times, replied.
"Nice to get some good news..." Guardian Kain said." The catapults, mages, and archers are making craters in their army, but the gaps quickly fill in with more undead."
"Sepulchure's arrogance will be his downfall. For all his planning, he fails to put stock in our resilience. His own war will end him." Ethran said sternly.
"I only hope you are right..." Guardian Kain replied.
"Sir!" Aeradon said, running into the room and grabbing everyone's attention."Something is happening...you should see this."
"Ethran, let's go." Guardian Kain ordered.
The three left the room, going out to stand in the field before the Guardian Tower. Everyone was beginning to gather and watch as Sepulchure's dracoliche began to descend...
"What's going on?" Ash asked, running to stand beside Ethran.
"Sepulchure's fortress...it's going to crash!"the hero shouted.
"The tower!"a guardian yelled.
"GET THE PEOPLE OUT OF THERE!" Ethran turned and shouted to the Guardians.
"There isn't time!" a Guardian shouted in reply.
"Oh no..."Ash mumbled.
They watched as the dracoliche cascaded towards the Guardian Tower, already grieving over the lives that were going to be lost.
Meanwhile, atop the Guardian Tower...
"Aeradon! It's going to crash! We have to get out of here!" a Guardian shouted to Aeradon, but he paid no attention to him as he continuously fired arrow after arrow towards the dracoliche.
"I will die before I flee!" Aeradon shouted in triumph, lighting the tip of an arrow on fire with a torch before firing it. The Guardian nodded in acknowledgment and respect before he turned and ran from the roof, trying to escape the collision.
Aeradon pulled the bowstring back again, but this arrow never fired, because as he looked up to aim, he was blasted back when Sepulchure's flying fortress collided with the Guardian Tower, then fell to the lake below...
At the dock....
"The tower...it's gone." Ash barely managed to mumble to Ethran.
"What of the villagers?" Ethran asked after a short silence.
"Everyone had taken refuge in the Inn." Guardian Kain answered. "They are safe...for now. However, the Guardians....We lost...so many good men and women."
"There deaths will not be in vain. I swear it." Ethran assured him. "Sepulchure will pay."
"Sir! Come quick! Something big is coming!" a Guardian said, coming from the town.

And so the Guardian Tower fell, the first step in the Sepulchure's attack. Fourteen months would pass as the war waged on, the enemies as strong as ever while the Guardians began to tire. It wouldn't be until over a year later that young Ash would discover something on the edge of the lake...

< Message edited by legend179 -- 6/2/2011 7:59:00 >
DF  Post #: 1
6/1/2011 16:20:07   
legend179
Banned

Chapter One:The Blue Mage, Part I
"Are, are you alight?" Ash asked, nudging the body that was resting on the shore of the lake. He knew by the silver and gold armor the man wore, that he was a Guardian, but nearly every Guardian had been killed by Sepulchure...
The man's eyes opened, and he leaned up, looking at Ash then looking all around.
"What happened to the tower? Did we drive him back?"
"What are you tal-how long have you been here?" Ash asked, helping the man to his feet. "What is the last thing you remember?"
"Sepulchure...his fortress had crashed into the tower...so many Guardians killed." the man answered, looking to the ground as he pulled his helmet off, letting his white hair fall free.
"Oh my...Warlic will know what to do. Come with me."
And the young boy took the man from the lake shore, through the town, and together they rode the Gryphon to the home of the Blue Mage, where he sat on a stool, hunched over a book...
"Warlic!" Ash said as they approached, holding his arms wide as the elderly mage stood and hugged the young warrior. "How have you been?"
"I've been better, my boy. Who is your friend?"
"Well I don't real-"
"Aeradon, Aeradon DeAern." Aeradon said, extending his hand out to the elderly man.
"It's a pleasure, Aeradon. May I ask the reason for your visit?" Warlic asked after shaking hands with Aeradon.
"I found him on the shore of the lake. He seemed dead. He said the last thing he remembers is Sepulchure's fortress crashing into the Guardian Tower." Ash explained, looking at Warlic in concern. The mage looked over Aeradon with a stern look on his face, until he finally stopped and looked back to Ash.
"I need time to study, if you don't mind." He said.
"Of course." Ash nodded and hugged the mage again, then lead Aeradon back to the Gryphon, which took them back to Falconreach.
As they began to descend for landing, Aeradon caught the first glimpse of the town, and what has happened in his absence. The Guardian Tower was still gone. The entire eastern side of the outer wall had been torn down, along with most of the buildings near it. More than half of Surewould Forest had been burnt to ash. The health and mana potion shop on the western part of town was nothing more than a crater. The Falcon's Nest was in the same condition, nothing but a massive black hole in the ground. There was almost nothing more than the Inn, the weapons shop, and the barber shop.
"What happened while I was gone?" Aeradon asked Ash as he lead the Gryphon into it's stable.
"Sepulchure happened." He replied, turning towards the mystical creature as he took it's saddle off. For the first time, Aeradon noticed the scar that ran across Ash's left eye, a once long and deep wound.
That was the last they spoke for the night. After putting the Gryphon in it's stable, they walked down to the Inn, or the remains of it. As they walked in, they saw Serenity, Robina, Lim, and a few unknown villagers sitting around a campfire, eating and talking. Everyone in the room stared at them both as they walked across the room and up the stairs, where Ash showed Aeradon his bed, then went to his own.
Aeradon sat up late that night, thinking about everything that had happened in his time away, fearing the nightmares that would certainly come with sleep. But, eventually, the weariness caught up to him, and he drifted off. The night was long for the young warrior, but it was not filled with visions of innocent deaths, but memories of the people he had cared for that were gone...because of Sepulchure. With every happy dream he had, it ended with him bringing the DoomKnight's life to an end.
The dreams were cut short but a sudden ray of sunlight, and when he opened his eyes, he saw Ash was standing by the curtains that he had just pulled open.
"We must go. Warlic contacted me late last night. He has found something."

< Message edited by legend179 -- 6/2/2011 8:21:50 >
DF  Post #: 2
6/2/2011 9:22:05   
legend179
Banned

Chapter One:The Blue Mage, Part II
Ash and Aeradon traveled to the tent of the great Blue Mage, who was, once again, sitting hunched on a stool while reading a book. Gingerly, Ash reached forward and tapped him on the shoulder, causing the ancient man to nearly throw the book. He turned to face them, and his visage went from fright to concern as his eyes met Aeradon's.
"Have a seat, both of you." Warlic said, snapping his fingers as two stools appeared. They each took one and sat by the mage.
"What have you learned?" Ash asked.
"Quite a lot." He replied, snapping his fingers rapidly three times as a trio of books appeared before him. Warlic whistled quietly, and the pages of each began to turn rapidly, until each rested on a page that had one thing in common: the word Dragonborn was written clearly on each one.
Dragonborn? Aeradon thought, turning his head to get better view of the books. What does that mean?
"It means freedom."Warlic answered out loud, looking at them both. "Dragonborn means freedom from these dark times, and from this depression that Sepulchure has put upon us. If you are everything that you say you are, then you must be Dragonborn."
"Me?" Aeradon asked, looking at the mage as though he were crazy. "I cannot be this Dragonborn you speak of. I am but a humble Guardian."
"You were there, on the tower, when the dracoliche hit, weren't you?" Warlic asked, snapping his fingers as the books shut themselves and vanished.
Aeradon nodded.
"The only guardian who survived the tower's destruction, from that close. You lived on the shore of the lake for a year, just waiting for someone to help you. The gods have a plan, and you are obviously part of it."
"I.." Aeradon was choked for words. He wanted to deny this, to deny everything he had learned since he had awoken on the beach, but something within him knew the Blue Mage was speaking the truth.
"But what of the Dragonlord, Ethran Alamari? The tale of Dragonborn speaks of a great bond between man and dragon. Ethran raised the last dragon known to exist. Sepulchure pushed them into extinction." Ash said, cutting the silence.
"Sepulchure believes that he had killed the dragons. But there were two dragons eggs in the group that Ethran had found. It wasn't quite as powerful as his, but it is a dragon none the less."
He snapped his fingers, and they teleported from sitting before the tent to a ledge within a massive cavern, where a large, very dark purple toned dragon slept.
"Warlic..."Ash mumbled. "He's been here all this time?"
"Yes. I have taken him into other planes of existence to train, but in this world, he has never left this cavern."
"Wait,"Aeradon said, turning to face them. "You must explain this Dragonborn situation to me more."
"Dragonborn is a single person of amazing power. It is a born DragonLord. It is born with the power to control a dragon, and once it has chosen it's dragon companion, the two will bind together in both spirit and body, becoming the most unstoppable force in all the realms. It is said that Dragonborn is reincarnated after death, but the change takes time, centuries even."
"I can't be Dragonborn. I'm not all-powerful and unstoppable. I am no more than a simple Guardian of Falconreach." Aeradon said.
"You are Dragonborn. You are the

< Message edited by legend179 -- 6/6/2011 16:03:23 >
DF  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Aeradon DeAern: Dragonborn!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition