Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Hitting s On Mercs.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Hitting s On Mercs.
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2011 19:34:06   
MrBones

I agree with Gold, I always go for the weakest player in 2vs2 and try to kill him in 2 turns. Thats the way to go if you want to get a good win %.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 51
6/8/2011 19:35:54   
Yo son

looking forward to those new classes.
Post #: 52
6/8/2011 19:47:26   
IsaiahtheMage

I agree with Goldslayer. Theirs tons of times we couldve won in 2 vs 2 if we killed the weaker player because if they listen to the stronger player they keep them alive. Example:
I am a LVL 31 Non Var Merc
My Teamate is a LVL 30 Non Var Merc where both about even with each other so we team up to take down the LVL 33 Varuim Beast but he has a LVL 26 Non Var partner who we can both kill in 2-3 turns. But we use up all our energy on killing the LVL 33 varuim beast and once hes done the 26 is unhurt and where both down on our knees. Then they take out my partner then I attack them weakening them badly then they attack me killing me. We only lost because the 26 kept buffing and healing the stronger player. In 2 vs 2 weaker players with a strong player(If they listen) are like the source of the stronger players power. Take out the source then their done for. But that only works in some cases.
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
6/8/2011 20:00:31   
AQWPlayer

quote:

I agree with Goldslayer. Theirs tons of times we couldve won in 2 vs 2 if we killed the weaker player because if they listen to the stronger player they keep them alive. Example:
I am a LVL 31 Non Var Merc
My Teamate is a LVL 30 Non Var Merc where both about even with each other so we team up to take down the LVL 33 Varuim Beast but he has a LVL 26 Non Var partner who we can both kill in 2-3 turns. But we use up all our energy on killing the LVL 33 varuim beast and once hes done the 26 is unhurt and where both down on our knees. Then they take out my partner then I attack them weakening them badly then they attack me killing me. We only lost because the 26 kept buffing and healing the stronger player. In 2 vs 2 weaker players with a strong player(If they listen) are like the source of the stronger players power. Take out the source then their done for. But that only works in some cases.

One exception is the strength build in 2vs2. You simply gotta finish him/her off quickly before he/she can berzerker you.
AQW  Post #: 54
6/8/2011 20:02:00   
goldslayer1

@AQW
yup not in all cases. but most of the time its better to take the weaker one.
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
6/8/2011 20:31:39   
Yo son

The only reason, why I wanted commander so much back then, was so I can command in 2vs2. The build I have does really well in 2vs2, because am like a foundation of defense for our team.

< Message edited by Yo son -- 6/8/2011 20:37:58 >
Post #: 56
6/8/2011 20:57:02   
IsaiahtheMage

@AQWPlayer True. You gotta end them off as fast as you can before they Stun Zerker you.
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
6/8/2011 21:46:16   
goldslayer1

@isaia
well their lack of support will cause them to be deflected alot in 2 vs 2.
i remember i use to get deflected 2-3 times a match by anyone with mostly 60+ support
i guess it must reduce the stun chance alot since when i used it it only stunned like 20 times out of like 300 matches.
AQW Epic  Post #: 58
6/9/2011 4:48:52   
jegaggin

sigh hitting on mercs a passtime. I think im going to quit this game. Maybe later ill come back and it will be fun again. For now goodbye, forever or just later.
-Jomg.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
6/9/2011 5:08:28   
5rr5
Banned

I just EMP them and they suck without their multi but with their high support they are keep critting and it is very deadly attacks. With their hybrid they have very strong defence and they can just have E armor and the def/res is perfect. Just so you know that every class has their own good thing, MERC- Hybrid+Multi BH- Blood Lust+Shadow Arts Mage- Reroute+Deadly Aim. These are very good skills and can be very useful in fights :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
6/9/2011 5:29:38   
spectra phantom

if u use malfunction then you will hit alot on us merces and use assimilation lv 2, cuz merces usually have exact energy for stuff they do or 1 energy more so yah heres example:

merc has 49 energy for lv 1 heal and max multi, you use assimilation and he has to give up one of those 2 attacks, itll probably be multi unless you are on low hp and the rest is easy: you just malfunct bazooka gun and do it over again

when heal was on 3 turns cooldown mages (most of em) were loopers and were really really hard to beat (not saying impossable cuz it wasnt impossable).
AQ Epic  Post #: 61
6/9/2011 5:42:29   
BlueKatz

maf: bot
Smoke: bot (don't do much though... they are Support mer, they can even ignore it)
MP: Booster (best players of ED have no problem with this cheat so...)
Also mage's assimilation is not that effective, they normally have more than 10 MP left over. A mage with assimilation can be useful in this case, but not so good in other case *cough BH*
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
6/9/2011 7:22:45   
spectra phantom

@bluekatz from my experience merces dont have 10 energy left over o_O unless they use 2v2 build in 1v1 lol
AQ Epic  Post #: 63
6/9/2011 13:53:42   
Deimos...

Yes, Mercs are really OP. I get 98% everyday now and over 200+ wins. (Right now im at 100+ wins 99% ;D) And I think that recently Ive been beating all the mages because all I need to do is... Switch hybrid... Lol
Epic  Post #: 64
6/9/2011 17:07:06   
Tiago X

G00NY has no skills? He's one of the most experienced players around. Oh well.
Also, I have to admit, support mages are back on the loose. They ARE good indeed, I got Two-turned once by one. And Heal loopers just need a couple turns to make you go MAD.
Dex builds only work for Bounty's and Merc's at the moment.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/9/2011 19:24:58   
xxmirxx

I really don't like your built Yo son it is just useless. tank builts are better then your built.
AQ Epic  Post #: 66
6/9/2011 20:03:30   
goldslayer1

quote:

Dex builds only work for Bounty's and Merc's at the moment.

O.o
dex build work for mages. and they dont work well for mercs if u use dex for higher defense since u already have hybrid.
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
6/9/2011 20:22:41   
PivotalDisorder

lol funny topic :)

mages arent weak, they just have limited options thats all. bhs arent weak, they also just have limited options. mercs arent weak but they have many many many options.

now can you see the problem without blaming "bad" players etc.

the best stat, support benefits mercs the most, tech also benefits mercs the most especially with gamma bot. now you can say whatever you want but when you seeing the same
builds winning over and over or at least coming close with those players having no real grasp of how the game mechanics work, doesnt that tell you something about the balance ?

now if say, mages had the caster side of their skill tree tweaked, then ofc tech builds would be amazing, and probably the subject of quite a few complaints.
imagine if level 25 mages could do a 40+ crit with their opening skill on a full varium 32 juggernaut. most of my juggernaut losses [that werent due to lag]
were from being crit by bunker buster, the skill that scales with tech and id say EASILY more than 75% of my 2v2 losses were mainly due to artillery strike.

how many 2v2 wins have you seen that were won by multi and plasma rain......20 ? 30 ? certainly not thousands like with artillery strike....and maul-zerker combo....jesus

so yeah Mercs are still OP :)

< Message edited by Jehannum -- 6/9/2011 20:26:45 >
Post #: 68
6/9/2011 20:35:37   
xxmirxx

Jehannum actually we are week in 2vs2 but in 1vs 1 were good. but still yo son built is worst built I ever seen. http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/7817/unledwul.jpg
AQ Epic  Post #: 69
6/9/2011 20:47:24   
PivotalDisorder

its not THAT bad.

it looks like he knows how to make a decent build, just that one isnt it :) and no you dont need to tell me whats wrong with it, i can see lol.
Post #: 70
6/9/2011 21:00:45   
H4ll0w33n

@jehannum

I have to agree with xxmirxx, it is rlly bad xD
i cant believe people say mages are so bad when they cant build a build.
Post #: 71
6/9/2011 22:18:31   
BlueKatz

I have 75% win rate as lv 28 Mer non varium
I wonder how much non varium Mage and BH can do at that level
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/9/2011 22:30:45   
PivotalDisorder

@Halloween: the build has some issues, but overall its not an horrific build. he hasnt got every skill without any maxed out, like I see with a lot of nub
bounty hunters. its also not a caster build. hes got the right idea, it just needs finetuning.

reduce field medic by 1-2 levels, def matrix by 1, presumably technician can lose 1 too. put em on deadly aim, working non-malf build.
havent checked if his stats are at optimum, but other than that, cant see what the issue is with the build in general. its close to a working 1v1 build.

ive used builds without malfunction and your winrate will drop but doesnt mean that they arent playable.
Post #: 73
6/9/2011 22:36:19   
Wraith

Announcement: I decided Merc was a no-brainer class with impossibly high defense, so back to BH!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 74
6/9/2011 23:12:36   
Mr. Black OP

@above
lol i hated being a merc but now i wanna play 2v2 i cant switch lol and i dont have celtic cleaver or azrael bane since i was inactive back then -.-
Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Hitting s On Mercs.
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition