Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= HeroSmash Expectations

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= HeroSmash Expectations
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/12/2011 14:32:02   
InceptionAE

"MOAR GRINDING"

I agree with Defiant. Always, when I'm done with a release I suddenly get bored. I don't want to get more fame.. (Already 270k) and I don't want to rank up my xp or rep.. (Level 14 8%, Good 10k/12k Rank 4). Also, we need a cutscene at the end of king zong, I was expecting a cutscene.. Come on! Where's the excitement also, this release took me 10 mins to finish.. *Sigh*

EDIT: I own 4th page and 75th post! =D

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
6/12/2011 14:35:11   
Defiant

I.... ***HATE*** the customizable skill set thing. It's generally a bad idea. Sure, it's different to AQW, but AQW has classes. Classes are good because it requires work to be rewarded with awesome skills.

Classes, enhancements and more reputation things are needed!
Post #: 77
6/12/2011 14:40:37   
Short Circuit

i agree defiant, what they should do is have powers level with you, buying a new SC power for every few lvls isnt going to fly for very long imo
Post #: 78
6/12/2011 15:53:44   
Electricboa

quote:

I.... ***HATE*** the customizable skill set thing. It's generally a bad idea. Sure, it's different to AQW, but AQW has classes. Classes are good because it requires work to be rewarded with awesome skills.

Classes, enhancements and more reputation things are needed!

I really like that we can customize our skills. I've found in AQW that the classes can be kind of annoying, where you wish you could take a skill from one class and add it to another. Like the healing ability, everyone wants that one, but only two classes have it. In HS, we make our own classes.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 79
6/12/2011 16:10:22   
Solaris

I only things i would want to expect is less grind related content and a better power levels system. Perhaps like a shop where powers are upgraded by applying enhancements, idk, seems like rare powers become obsolete after levels are gained. As for less grinding, well, it is never fun to grind, just acts as filler, and generally defeats the purpose of having fun in a game. I hope they add stuff such game features like PvP or such to do so.
Post #: 80
6/12/2011 16:47:46   
Defiant

Any rare powers are useless. Sure, useful for now. Once the cap is raised, then... useless.

Power enhancements = good.
Post #: 81
6/12/2011 16:49:50   
Voltaz

Defiant, you are correct im kinda sad that everyone at level 15 are evens, its like being the same player with different armors.

Tho instead of classes i would like leveling up powers, or for example buy a level 15 power and in that power you have like 3 sublevels or something like that, it would make that power better if you keep using it.
Post #: 82
6/12/2011 17:04:36   
Shadowlight1

*deleted my message*

< Message edited by Shadowlight1 -- 6/12/2011 18:40:43 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 83
6/12/2011 18:15:59   
Qin

@shadowlight1: You saying that would only lose the chance of being one.
@Defiant: That's what I am also thinking too! Like honestly, a smash coin power is really a waste of sc if its good and you use every denomination of levels to use it.

< Message edited by VinzX -- 6/12/2011 18:16:19 >
Post #: 84
6/13/2011 9:35:00   
Jae10
Creative!
Constructive!

< Well, lets see...my expectations are rather simple for now:

1. I really look forward to the storyline(s) getting better and better (which I've no doubt they will). So far that's the main reason I even play this game. The more stories in-game the merrier!

2. I also expect to be able to complete all quest chains that I start - especially if they are connected to a major storyline. Logically, that would be expected anyway...

3. I wonder how (if) they will incorporate a system that's similar to PvP in-game. I believe I would enjoy testing that out in Hero Smash as well.

4. Lots more Mega Movie Plex releases! I really like how the items are kind of based on actual movies. That was a very bright idea!

5. I also look forward to more updates on Hero Spire and Skull Deep, and new map points. I love to explore different places and sometimes hangout in random areas :)

~I will brainstorm more expectations later~

< Message edited by Jae10 -- 6/14/2011 2:38:57 >

AQW RP Hub (English):

https://discord.gg/xhjFYJHAxY

Battleon & RP-on! -.^

AQW  Post #: 85
6/14/2011 4:59:40   
Devastate

HeroSmash-Mail : An ingame mail system which allows one player to message/poke/and send "tweets" in game. In this way, you don't have to wait for someone you need to actually go online to tell him something.

Forum clock : A clock which will be based on the HeroSmash's time. (Ex. 10:30--- Release time for 'SwacheerburgerzzWeapons"). In this way, no one would ever be confused into what time releases would be happening.
Post #: 86
6/14/2011 10:38:30   
master mix

I want to see stuff explode!

Yeah, I am a PYROMANIAC!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 87
6/14/2011 13:18:57   
Sir Night

I hope the HS team will stick with the awesome sci-fi theme we have now and /ignore the forumites who are asking for the occult to be brought into this. Those people already have AQW, and HS is supposed to be for everyone, which should include Christians who don't play games of that nature.
Post #: 88
6/14/2011 13:24:12   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Yes, I agree. No magic should be used in this game... the entire premise is that people get power from the sacrifice of Pandora/ The Pandoran Malachite...

I like the Sci-Fi feel of it right now, and I hope that would not change.

Most of the reason I quit AQW was because I decided not to play games that require you to use magic in the the plotline... I gained a level in Christian zeal... XD
DF  Post #: 89
6/14/2011 13:26:35   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

You realize the entire premise of "super powers" is magical, right?

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
6/14/2011 13:28:54   
Emil P AQW

Chat scroll. Like AQW has. It does sometimes come in handy after you've been <AFK> xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 91
6/14/2011 13:30:17   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

No, the premise of superpowers is gaining strange/unique superhuman abilities based on methods that make sense based on the laws of physics in that universe. That is why most stories with magic and superpowers tend to make distinctions.

That is also why it is prevalent in the Science Fiction genre.
DF  Post #: 92
6/14/2011 13:38:00   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

The superhero genre straddles the line between fantasy and science fiction, and the characters fall into every place along the spectrum. There are many superheroes whose powers are undeniably magical, and many rooted in "pagan" mythology. Sorry, but you're not going to be able to escape that in this game.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
6/14/2011 13:53:15   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I doubted I would be able to anyway. lol

I do agree with you on that one, there will almost certainly be NPCs (ect.) that have magical powers (ie. Sorcerers, gods, ect.)... I personally was hoping that the characters would not be put into a position at which they are forced to use magic, though.

Magical powers will probably be added at some point in time, as well... I probably will be sad about it at that time...

I do disagree with what you said, however. Superpowers are not intrinsically magical, nor is the idea of them (though they may be).

I will admit that I was wrong in the way I phrased it; What I meant was that characters like Thor actually are using magic, not "normal" superpowers, which are more common... at least in fiction...
DF  Post #: 94
6/14/2011 13:57:24   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

Where do you, personally, draw the line between "magical" and "normal" superpowers?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
6/14/2011 14:26:42   
delta blitz

i expect dragon wings,fire breath and more energy and dimensional based powers.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
6/14/2011 14:32:35   
Sir Night

quote:

Where do you, personally, draw the line between "magical" and "normal" superpowers?

Thor is a Norse God - Magical.

the X Men are 'mutants' - Normal

Spiderman was bitten by a radioactive spider - Normal

Superman is an alien who gets powered up by Earth's Sun - Normal

But basically, things like sorcery, 'Darkness' powers, ghosts, demons, ect... would fall under the 'magical' category. And like Drakkoniss, I too stopped playing AQW because of all of the mysticism.

< Message edited by Sir Night -- 6/14/2011 14:33:19 >
Post #: 97
6/14/2011 14:37:03   
GriffinFire
Pirate King

So made-up nonsense is okay as long as it sounds "scientific"?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
6/14/2011 14:47:35   
delta blitz

I would like a mix of both magical and scientific powers as some characters are lesser gods and some are just normal heroes. the best of both worlds.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 99
6/14/2011 15:03:32   
Sir Night

quote:

So made-up nonsense is okay as long as it sounds "scientific"?

I think you're missing the point. The point is that I no longer play games that feature the occult. And whether normal super powers are made-up nonsense or not, they don't fall under that category. Also, as I said, if you want to play a game that is based on magic you already have AQW which is entirely focused on that theme.

Anyway, I didn't bring this up to start a debate. I said what I wanted to say, so I probably won't reply again on this subject.

< Message edited by Sir Night -- 6/14/2011 15:07:13 >
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= HeroSmash Expectations
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition