Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New classes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New classes
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2011 0:05:41   
Hiddenblade

How do u want to the new classes to be available?

- Cost varium

-Cost credits

-Reward for completing a chain of quests ( FrostLich's idea ) How to upgrade classes??(how it should look like in Delta)

- free

- Button on a certain level to "evolve now!" (lvl 31-33?)

- When creating a new character

-Cost battle tokes (1000-1500tokens)

Discuss,and why would you want it that way?

< Message edited by Hiddenblade -- 6/8/2011 22:53:16 >
Post #: 1
6/8/2011 2:16:18   
T.600

It would be best if the feature was available through class change and from creating a new character. If you had varium you can use the class on your current account but non variums would have the burden of starting again if they want to try the class. That's only fair.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
6/8/2011 2:26:53   
Burned.
Banned

First of all, Nice thread bud.

Secondly,
quote:

It would be best if the feature was available through class change and from creating a new character. If you had varium you can use the class on your current account but non variums would have the burden of starting again if they want to try the class. That's only fair.

@T.600: Well, you have a point but, I think that's too much for us, maybe that can be done BUT nonvariums should be challenged to get it,
e.g. Cost a massive amount of credits, Must defeat a Boss NPC first before buying it, etc.
Just like that. Mhmm.. In that way, that would be kinda fair.

New Classes:
Blood Mage ~ Offensive version for Mages
Cyber Hunter ~ Upgraded and infused with much more tech based BHs
Warmaster ~ Upgrade for Mercs

I hope this classes will be in-game very soon.

EpicDuel Delta!
Here we come!

~Xythion
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/8/2011 2:40:34   
BloodRainbow

quote:

Class Evolutions

Not only is the game evolving, but so are you! We’re bringing new evolutions to our current classes in the form of three new classes, that will be available by using the Class Change feature!

Blood Mage: This fierce class is a brawler who’s not afraid to dish out the pain. The Blood Mage is more melee-focused than previous incarnations of the Mage, and not afraid to get their hands dirty...

Cyber Hunter: These bounty hunters started experimenting by infusing themselves with more technology, becoming a powerful amalgamation of flesh and metal...

War Master: Truly skilled warriors are able to learn from their opponents, and nowhere is this better exemplified than by the War Masters. Utilizing the brute strength, cunning, and technological prowess of their enemies, this player is truly the War Master...

@ T.600

The "New Classes" are Evolutions of the current classes, not completely new classes.

Evolution:any process of formation or growth; development

begin able to start off as one of these classes wouldnt realy make any sense.

in order to evolve you need experiences so it would only make sense for you to have to be a certain lvl to have access to these classes. and i believe that, thats somthing everyone should be able to experience.

So i think that once you get to a certain lvl you can start a sequence of quests to gain the proper knowledge and experience required to enter the next stage of evolution
Epic  Post #: 4
6/8/2011 2:42:20   
...Sonya...
Banned

I Dont Think This Would Be At All Usefull.

Epic Duel Is Like Rock Paper Scissors, Rock = Merc , Bounty = Scissors , Mages = Paper.

Rock Bashes Scissors , Scissors Bashes Paper & Paper Bashes Rock.

Adding More Classes Would Only Trash The Cycle Its Like Adding 3 More Objects To Rock,Paper,Scissors.

Disagreed - Just an Opinion Not a Fact .

-Sony
Epic  Post #: 5
6/8/2011 3:23:18   
PenyihiR

^
Totally Agree
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/8/2011 3:56:40   
Remorse

@ sonya , i completely disagree, the bringing of new classes (or evolutions) will bring variety to the game which allows builds to become more balanced in the long run (it my not seem like it at first as the classes may need tweaking after testing), and what is with this papper scissor rock concept this game is not like that.. all classes have the abilty to beat one another, and if anything it's the certain builds tht beats classes other builds not the acutal class, so by bringing in more classes and thierfore builds you will be creating more counterbuilds which means hopefully oped builds wil become a thing of the past, so devs great idea, as for the purchase option:...

Payment idea: everyone is always saying either varium or non varium or quests /boss NPC's etc... but why not make it all of the above, so the lazy of us can use the varium method, the non varium of us can use the high credit cost method and the skillfull of us can use the quest/ boss NPC method. A choice in the option would be good.

Thanks, Remorse Less

< Message edited by Remorse -- 6/8/2011 10:23:53 >
Epic  Post #: 7
6/8/2011 9:22:13   
Burned.
Banned

quote:

@ sonya , i completely disagree, the bringing of new classes (or evolutions) will bring variety to the game which allows builds to become more balanced in the long run (it my not seem like it at first as the classes may need tweaking after testing), and what is with this papper scissor rock concept this game is not like that.. all classes have the abilty to beat one another, and if anything it's the certain builds tht beats classes other builds not the acutal class, so by bringing in more classes and thierfore builds you will be creating more counterbuilds which means hopefully oped builds wil become a thing of the past, so devs great idea, as for the purchase option, everyone is always saying either varium or non varium or quests /boss NPC's etc... but why not make it all of the apove, so the lazy of uss can use the varium method, the non varium of us can use the credit method and the skillfull of us can use the quest/ boss NPC method. A choice in the option would be good.

Thanks, Remorse Less
@Remorse: Nice post there Remorse. I totally agree to ya, each class have their own way of beating each other; In general, it might be luck,lack of items,varium,credits, etc.
By the way, In my opinion, there's no such thing as OPed classes or something and the Rock-Paper-Scissors concept, It's just that the builds of the winning player is just better OR he/she just got lucky.

< Message edited by Burned. -- 6/8/2011 10:04:16 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/8/2011 10:03:19   
altimatum

I like frosty's idea of a chain quest
Post #: 9
6/8/2011 10:37:42   
Remorse

@burned, Thanks, and yeh i sorta agree, "oped" builds, at most are builds which people have not figured out an efective counterbuild for yet and the ones which people start complaining about are those which become really hard to counter, however if more classes are brought in it will be alot easyier to counter these so called "oped builds" and battles will come more down to skills and luck and hopefully reduce the var, nonvar gap slightly. Not to mention a fun break from our boring old classes which some people have become to know really well.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/8/2011 10:51:19   
ajs777

from what i understand they are going to be like a next level of your current class, so creating a new account wouldnt make any sense, the quest chain seems like the most obvious way, when i first heard of this "new classes" deal i immediately got the impression that a quest chain would be done... but then i saw Frostliches post and i was like, what? there isnt a for sure way on how to obtain it yet? lol so yea quest chain all the way and i think along the way some quests should drop items for your future class your working towards, and if you class change it resets all the quests so that if you come back to your old class you will have to start over, that would reduce class hoping alot

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/8/2011 12:55:33   
MrBones

Just have people pay for class upgrade with battle tokens.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 12
6/8/2011 18:27:39   
Hiddenblade

^tokens would be fine with me i have over 1k, it would be fair for non variums and non variums

< Message edited by Hiddenblade -- 6/8/2011 22:52:26 >
Post #: 13
6/8/2011 22:54:52   
pinoy idols

quote:

Button on a certain level to "evolve now!
This is almost like what I suggested. Here it is:
quote:

After your character reaches a certain level (let's say, 25?) you will have an option to "evolve" it. Let's say, once your BH hits Lv. 25, you'll be given a choice whether to evolve it or not. For example, on the "LEVEL UP" screen. once you have finished allocating stats, the RNG will ask you, "Evolve your Bounty Hunter now?". Then you can answer "Yes" or "Apply later". If you choose the former, you will have to pay a set amt. of credits to complete the level-up. If you choose the latter, you can evolve your class the next time you level up, useful if you need to farm the required credits.

I patterned it after the evolve system in Pokemon.
Anyway I prefer the class change to either be free, cost credits or complete a chain quest.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/8/2011 23:10:12   
Mr. Black OP

100k credits, but u have to have an armor, gun, aux, and primary with at least 5 levels of your current level to do so with at least 10 enhancements overall (to prevent people from selling EVERYTHING and ultimately failing)
Epic  Post #: 15
6/8/2011 23:21:46   
*Nova*

I'm betting that the new classes will purposely be made OP since they are technically varium classes. :P
Unless, they changed it.
DF MQ  Post #: 16
6/9/2011 1:35:58   
Drakadh

I got a very cool idea,
and here it is!

Example your a tech mage you want to be a a blood mage, you pay with credits, but if you want to be a Cyber Hunter and your a Tech mage you pay with Varium ;)
Hows that sounds? it sounds really fair to me, for BOTH Variums and None-Varium players.

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/9/2011 4:20:08   
Remorse

^, yeh that's prtty fair , i like it, or perhaps if you simply eveolving the class (tech mage to blood mage) are quest chain / boos npc battle will seem more aproprite
Epic  Post #: 18
6/9/2011 8:42:16   
Burned.
Banned

quote:

I got a very cool idea,
and here it is!

Example your a tech mage you want to be a a blood mage, you pay with credits, but if you want to be a Cyber Hunter and your a Tech mage you pay with Varium ;)
Hows that sounds? it sounds really fair to me, for BOTH Variums and None-Varium players.

~Drakadh

@Drakadh: Nice post bud. I agree to Remorse, This idea is kinda cool and fair. I support it!

@Remorse:I agree to ya. Quest chains might as well be good too.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/9/2011 14:47:50   
TurkishIncubus

They should cost varium but we shouldnt forced to chance base class before upgrading class

For example im a Bounty Hunter and i want to be a Blood Mage so i should be able to change it with 1500 varium directly.Not first change to mage (1500 varium) than change t blood mage with another 1500 varium , in total 3000 varium would be much :S

Epic  Post #: 20
6/9/2011 15:57:22   
zelemania

Making the new classes varium will completely kill the balance in the game.
Post #: 21
6/9/2011 18:25:46   
Hiddenblade

^ i agree non variums would be stuck with original classes forever
Post #: 22
6/9/2011 18:30:58   
The Shadow Dragon

I would say a quest chain. Would be much funner, and im pretty tired of grinding Token's/Credit's for everything e_e
Post #: 23
6/9/2011 19:20:54   
AQWPlayer

I agree with all options except the "cost varium" one
AQW  Post #: 24
6/9/2011 20:26:13   
Larcell

quote:

They should cost varium but we shouldnt forced to chance base class before upgrading class

For example im a Bounty Hunter and i want to be a Blood Mage so i should be able to change it with 1500 varium directly.Not first change to mage (1500 varium) than change t blood mage with another 1500 varium , in total 3000 varium would be much :S

Same here Turkish. I only have 1600 varium right now and I DO NOT want to pay 3000 varium. I'm a tech mage, but I want to become a War Master.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> New classes
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition