Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Design Notes 6/8/2011 Dawn of Delta!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes 6/8/2011 Dawn of Delta!
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/8/2011 16:22:42   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

quote:

June 08, 2011
Dawn of Delta
The Dawn of Delta

Hi folks! This might be a disappointing week for you guys, so I apologize in advance. As you know, Titan and Artix are currently at E3, the huge trade show for electronic and video game developers. While this is awesome for us, and double awesome for Titan and Artix (maybe they’ll get some awesome ideas for new games!), it also means that there’s no update for EpicDuel this week.

Now, just because we have nothing going into the game this week doesn’t mean we’re taking the week off! We’d like to take this opportunity to show you what we’re working on for the next phase of EpicDuel: Delta!

Enter Alydriah

Cruel even by the standards of the Shadow Guard, Alydriah Descarl’s name strikes fear into the hearts of even the most battle-hardened of Baelius’s soldiers. She was responsible for the incineration of the mining camps south of Jumerna, as well as many of the dissenting miners in the continent’s mineral-rich “Varium Ring”. Believing that the old ways are the best, she prefers flagellation, the stocks, and ultimately public executions to the soft, civilized punishments of the modern era.

This blood thirst earned her a spot at the head of the Legion, however her desire for blood and order at all costs pits her against not only the Rebellion- spearheaded by Oz- but against Baelius himself. It seems the recent chaos has presented the perfect opportunity for her to make the next move.

You can read more about Alydriah and the Shadow Guard on the BattleOn Forums.

Fortune City Overhaul

Descarl is not only a lover of destruction, but a lover of beauty, and by her command, her beloved Fortune City is being restored to its former glory. Expect a revamp of the Fortune City artwork soon!

See Our Ugly Mugs!

Are you a fan who’s ever wondered what we look like in real life? Whether just to see if we meet your expectations of looks, or just to stalk us (please don’t stalk us), you will have the opportunity to meet, greet, and maybe even hang out with BattleOn staff at the following conventions:

PARIAHCON: This convention (Lakeland, FL’s first anime/gaming/collectible convention) will be held at the Imperial Swan Hotel and Suites in Lakeland, Florida on June 10th and 11th. Artix, Nythera, Thyton, Jemini, Korin, Cysero and other members of the AE staff will be there (in Artists’ Alley as well as manning a booth) and will be holding a panel Friday at 4:00 PM in the Main Events room on the 7th floor. Since this will be a small, intimate, convention you’ll have more of an opportunity to have fun with AE staff!

METROCON: This one is held at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida, June 17-19. AE will have a panel at 2:00 PM on Saturday. Apparently the Boss Man gets overly excited about merch, so if you see a grown man dressed as a Paladin loaded down with shopping bags, it might not be Artix but there’s at least a decent chance he will be.

DRAGONCON: This one isn’t until September, but as always, DragonCon is a Big Deal, like 80,000 attendees big. It’s held the first weekend of September- this year it’s September 2-5- in Atlanta, GA. AE has a panel, and attendees who come to see us will be able to get the sweet, rare items that could include a signed banana, random anime videos, or exclusive in-game rares! I love my little Steampunk dragon from last year- who knows what kind of awesome things you can pick up this year?

Think you all can handle such a ruthless mastermind?

< Message edited by Omni -- 6/8/2011 16:24:15 >
Post #: 1
6/8/2011 16:28:08   
Clutch

Lovely...
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/8/2011 16:29:23   
DeathGuard

Too bad, this week I won't test blood mage :/
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/8/2011 16:30:28   
xxmirxx

Why are you guys advertises other sites I thought were not allow to. I am not sure how E3 could give them ideas.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
6/8/2011 16:35:37   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@above- it's a trade show, and lots of other game companies have reps there. Sometimes seeing other peoples' work help to put a fresh perspective on your own work!

And there's a difference between staff providing information if players would like to go to the conventions WHERE WE WILL BE and a normal forumite advertising sites.
Post #: 5
6/8/2011 16:36:22   
Tiago X

Hmm, I'd certainly like to go to one of those, and meet the staff ;l
However, the tickets are too expensive.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/8/2011 16:38:25   
Mr. Black OP

so a new npc is coming?
and is it being released today?
Epic  Post #: 7
6/8/2011 16:39:48   
IsaiahtheMage

No update this week oh well. Well at least they can probably get awesome new ideas from other fellow game developers.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/8/2011 16:43:36   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

@Zman 2 The release is not this week due to our coder being on an inspirational visit to E3!

I'm very excited to see what all ideas he get's from it, considering how often Artix talks about things of this nature filling his mind up with projects and experiments to try! Really looking forward to Alydriah as well as the Fortune City revamp.
Post #: 9
6/8/2011 16:47:28   
altimatum

nothing new, but E3 does have some of the best game designers in the world..... i'm sure cinderella has some merit to the point that titan can pick up a thing or two
Post #: 10
6/8/2011 16:52:16   
Fay Beeee

I wish them all luck at the shows.
I would love to say hi in real life but its too far to go from England.

Epic  Post #: 11
6/8/2011 16:52:57   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Wish I could go to any of these cons, unfortunately school and work keep me from taking off anywhere. Hope Artix and Titan are enjoying E3, sounds like fun and there are a ton of demos they're probably trying!

So are we getting a sneak peak of Alydriah? She sounds like one scary NPC! *nudgenudge*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/8/2011 17:19:09   
IsaiahtheMage

@Fay Bee Your in england?! O: Man the power of the internet is amazing. How you can talk to other people around the world in live/present time man. Whoever made the internet is extremely smart.

On Topic: So when does the "Dawn of Delta" start next week?
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/8/2011 17:20:09   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Same, i'm 100's of miles away from any Con :/

Looking very forward to see Fortune City revamped, if it's anything like Central Station, bring it on! :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/8/2011 17:33:07   
IsaiahtheMage

Wait what is a con?
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/8/2011 17:35:00   
  Digital X

It's a Convention, where people gather for specific things usually in a large establishment, take DragonCon for example, a lot of the AE team usually go there.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/8/2011 17:41:15   
TankMage

Title made me think Delta was coming this week xD. But the new Boss sounds interesting hopefully she will be a very difficult challenge & give a nice reward to fit. Also have fun Titan and Artix it should be good to see what you guys bring back for us from e3.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
6/8/2011 17:42:07   
IsaiahtheMage

Ah like a gaming convention?
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/8/2011 17:43:33   
  Digital X

Yes, like that :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/8/2011 17:46:10   
IsaiahtheMage

Thanks for the info! :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/8/2011 18:09:42   
helloguy

Hopefully someday they come to a convention in L.A :3

< Message edited by helloguy -- 6/8/2011 20:50:44 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/8/2011 19:20:19   
Wraith

^Or San Francisco, or Buffalo NY.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/8/2011 20:41:35   
Burned.
Banned

Well, no problem then, I understand, another week of battling then.

~Xythion
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/8/2011 20:46:49   
DeathGuard

[sarcasm]Hopefully one day they come to spain :D![/sarcasm]
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/8/2011 22:12:16   
The Joker X

Not really too happy, although the story was a nice touch. I'm pretty sure that the weekly updates were the only reason most of my friends haven't quit already, but I think this weeks break will make even more inactives. :( They should have at least done a mini release this week to still keep people mildly interested, but oh well. :/ I hope delta comes quick.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes 6/8/2011 Dawn of Delta!
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition