Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Balancing Overpowered Mercs and Buffing Underpowered Mages.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Balancing Overpowered Mercs and Buffing Underpowered Mages.
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/14/2011 17:04:57   
Drakadh

TO be honest Mages are kinda OPed ( I ama Mage :D ) its pretty easy for me when I am the first against a Support/strength Merc. I hit over 30 if malf and 20 if not malf , imagine that? and my staff is phy and if they switch they are really doomed to beat me, its pretty much on technique not Over Powering your stats.

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
6/14/2011 17:10:09   
Lectrix

Tech Mages aren't exactly underpowered. But they do have more restrictions and fewer options compared to Mercs. It also tends to be harder for a Tech Mage to create a good Build, while a Merc can more easily achieve the same results.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/14/2011 17:13:22   
IsaiahtheMage

@Drakadh Proof? Because Mages are mostly considered UPed by everybody when is the last time you heard someone on the forums complain about being 2 turn killed by a Mage or being blocked 80% of the time threwout the enitre match? Not recently.
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
6/14/2011 17:16:22   
Donny The Ultimate

First of all Mercs arent overpowered and second of all mages arent under powered
DF  Post #: 29
6/14/2011 17:20:37   
Angels Holocaust

Mages are crap atm, the only reason why there Up is because of agility. If the devs make agility to 150, and the field medic to 3 cool down, mages can be viable in this game.

< Message edited by Angels Holocaust -- 6/14/2011 17:34:10 >
Post #: 30
6/14/2011 17:20:45   
xxmirxx

Drakadh of course you think mages over powering. You haven't hit lvl cap. Wait now all matches are easy to do.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
6/14/2011 17:21:17   
IsaiahtheMage

@Donny Mercs have the most advantage out of all classes and Mages have the most disadvantage. Adv/Disadv is Oped/Uped.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/14/2011 17:51:52   
Mr. Black OP

give multi an ability to reduce an enemies rage
make plasma bolt ignore 10% of resistance
make plasma rain ignore 10% resistance the staff requirement will balance it out so artillery would still be the best multi out there but not to the point where they dominate ALSO something i just noticed is that a bh multi can be nerfed with smoke and a tm multi can be nerfed with a malf while artillery cannot

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 6/15/2011 15:13:13 >
Epic  Post #: 33
6/15/2011 14:39:48   
DeathGuard

@Turkish: I know how to use well my items, I'm not one of those dumb heads that used a copy and paste 5 focus build.
We need a buff in DA, like many said in posts before and we need a buff in caster skills.Good job on finding buffing ideas but we need more :P.

< Message edited by cyberbakio ryugan -- 6/15/2011 14:41:19 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/15/2011 14:42:56   
ajs777

quite honestly i think its the other way around, mages are much more difficult then mercs are for me, its a game of rock paper scissors, so someone will always seem to be OPd to you

Chuck Norris doesn't believe in lag.

If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/15/2011 14:53:57   
Lectrix

The fact remains that Caster Skills are weak, unless they are used with Malfunction. Most people prefer not to use Caster Skills, because they consume Energy and require a Staff. It's really unfair when you think about it, because Bounty Hunters and Mercs don't have Weapon Requirements on their Multi and "Ultimate" skills, while Tech Mages have a Staff Requirement on Plasma Rain and Supercharge (and FOUR other Skills).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/15/2011 15:47:27   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

if BH's multi will be as strong as mercs' artilery
then i will make builds to spam dex like crazy, tank defense. have huge ammounts of block rate.

merc spam support and i have huge amounts of deflect, crit, resistance to stun, and go 1st, while bh would only have blocks, and you go an entire battle using only unblockables, also if they are spamming dex they wont have any strong atk, strike and gun will be weak, aux will be weak, bots unless 5 focus will be weak also so they have multi and possibly a stun grenade
quote:

then i will max out my bloodlust, and when i use my multishot im gonna do huge ammounts of damage and im gonna get about 30 hp back from bloodlust.
multi can be nerfed with a smoke, while artillery cannot be nerfed by anything, also getting 30 hp isnt even near a support mercs heal which they wont be able to use effectively if they are spamming dex
quote:

and i will use a 5 focus. with an energy armor.
this way i can very 3 times strongest than support mercs.
and along the way ill maybe add a reflex boost at lvl 1. this way i get some energy returned to me and maybe be able to use the same multi again later.
u gain 15% from a reflex u wld need to take more dmg then health you start out with if your 5 focus
so under all this is sounds as though mercs and bh will be about equals
Epic  Post #: 37
6/15/2011 18:54:59   
Luna_moonraider

@ mirr

heal loop is not dead it is just harder to use.

back to topic

yes the devs need to buff sc and some of the caster skill give the mages plasma bolt some 10% chance to crit and buff sc by reducing energy cost and making it hit 2 times instead of once. also make asim energy drain not affected by blocks. but merc are not oped and mages are not uped all classes are ok right now imo.

AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/15/2011 19:07:11   
goldslayer1

quote:

merc spam support and i have huge amounts of deflect, crit, resistance to stun, and go 1st, while bh would only have blocks, and you go an entire battle using only unblockables, also if they are spamming dex they wont have any strong atk, strike and gun will be weak, aux will be weak, bots unless 5 focus will be weak also so they have multi and possibly a stun grenade

and when their unblockables run out they are sitting ducks.
the BH would tank those hits anyway.

quote:

multi can be nerfed with a smoke, while artillery cannot be nerfed by anything, also getting 30 hp isnt even near a support mercs heal which they wont be able to use effectively if they are spamming dex

they get 30 hp for free, support mercs have to waste energy on their field medic.
and ur right dex can be reduced with smoke. but it can also be increased with reflex.
and on a general 5 focus with the same ammount of tech and support. reflex increases more than smoke. so u would have more reflex than smoke if they were the same lvl.

quote:

u gain 15% from a reflex u wld need to take more dmg then health you start out with if your 5 focus
so under all this is sounds as though mercs and bh will be about equals

nope. with bloodlust they will last longer thru the matches. basically BH is a semi heal loop.

if they tank and they can regain more hp than ur doing on them. then they will stay above a certain ammount of HP while still getting energy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/15/2011 20:01:23   
frosty123

^ agreed

1 way to balance is to increase plasma bolts damage by 5.
Or give it a crit chance.
Or you can make it so once it hits the oppenants next atk would be weakened.

Give Overlord 10% resistance ignoreed.

PLasma rain 10 percent crit chance.

Post #: 40
6/15/2011 20:08:29   
Drakadh

@IsaiahtheMage

I did a 2 or 3 hit kill with using mage class. like I said its all about the build. and I NEVER said that the Mages are fast killers they are just deadly killers.

@xxmirxx

"Drakadh" was my old Beta Acc I have a new one named " Noxan" and to be honest I'm pretty good. I mostly fight higher lvls when I was below lvl 20.
So yeah I think they are powerful since I didn't even reached the lvl cap of my mage :P

~Drakadh

< Message edited by Drakadh -- 6/15/2011 22:21:38 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/15/2011 20:14:28   
xxmirxx

quote:

@ mirr heal loop is not dead it is just harder to use.
quote:

the only reason why there Up is because of agility. If the devs make agility to 150, and the field medic to 3 cool down, mages can be viable in this game.

thats why I can understand why you think still alive. These days people think you need high hp low dex and high support. but only reason they had that way was before enhancement. So there not up to date most those people are copy and pasted type players.
AQ Epic  Post #: 42
6/15/2011 20:19:45   
Drakadh

@xxmirxx
They mostly do that vuz of the "Support" which defence matrix needs to be stronger. but its a bad idea if you asked me. when I was using my alt acc "Prime Rocker" ( Merc ) lvl 26 I beated up a full varium set mage lvl 31 she had a EXTREMELY high support... but aswell as weak Defence since she put her armor in energy defense. ( Man I feel like I'm spamming that its always about the build but no ones hearing me out! xD )

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/15/2011 22:17:40   
Bunshichi

It won't help to nerf a class... its just gonna cause a class change again.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/15/2011 23:19:08   
altimatum

@ Drakadh

some support builds fail epicly on a TM or she was just plain nooby as it can be a 90+% win rate.

2 different uses of support build

Highest hp you can get in agility (140) using as much support as you can juice out getting to 93-111 support

110 hp losing every other stat but enough defense and getting atleast in the 130's of support
Post #: 45
6/16/2011 6:49:56   
Wootz

What about balancing OP'd Mercs and OP'd High Support TM and Buffing UP'd BHs.
AQW Epic  Post #: 46
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Balancing Overpowered Mercs and Buffing Underpowered Mages.
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition