Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!
Page 1 of 812345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/16/2011 18:06:31   
Deimos...

quote:

June 16, 2011
Delta Preview

Welcome to summer EpicDuelists! Titan and Artix made it back from E3 safe, refreshed, and inspired!

Get the full story on Artix's DN post!

The reason (besides our inability to chain Titan to his desk and pump intravenous caffeine into him... we tried and it did not end well) we haven’t released content is because we’re preparing for the next stage of EpicDuel: Delta! There are so many changes to the database to accomodate for the new classes, that we can't risk an update until we're ready to launch.

Yes, we are now able to announce a date for the Delta release. The new version of EpicDuel is tentatively scheduled to release on June 28, 2011. Stay tuned as this date is subject to change. That gives you plenty of time to formulate new builds for the new classes and devise strategies for defeating our toughest boss characters yet!

If you’ve visited me in the Biodome, you know that I’m a scientist, and this new evolution of EpicDuel is exciting for me. See, in science the Greek letter Δ means “change”- and EpicDuel is evolving. This means new areas, new stuff, new faces, new ways to collaborate, and new ways to affect and tell the story of Delta V. This also means that the Gamma Gear (bot, bike, cheevo) will be going permanently rare!

Delta also means "forth in a series." Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta? Works for me!

Skill Previews!

Last week, we introduced you to our Delta classes. We're still not quite sure how the class change process will work with these new classes, but we do know that we want to make it as fair and easy as posible to try these awesome new classes. This week, as we feverishly continue to build everything necessary for more than 3 classes to work, we will be introducing you to 3 of the new skills you'll be able to use.

• For the Tactical Mercenaries (we changed the name to maintain the theme of the other two classes), you’ll be able to use a skill called Frenzy. By using this lethal new attack, you’ll be able to crush your opponent, as well as taking some of their health for your own!
  • Cyber Hunters will be able to experiment with the new Plasma Grenade, an energy-based attack that has a chance to stun your opponent!
  • Blood Mages will be able to break through their opponents’ defenses with the Plasma Cannon, an awesome weapon that launches a stream of concentrated energy at your opponents.

So what we’re trying to say here is, it’s gonna be pretty awesome.

New Faces

You’ve already heard the story about the violent and calculating Alydriah Descarl, so I don’t need to reintroduce her to you. Today, I would like to introduce to you, the Imperial Tech Mage.

Years before the rebellion on Delta V, Baelius ordered the formation of an elite group of Tech Mages who would could enforce his will across his empire. The technology used to create these psychic assassins was still fairly new, so the dangerous process meant that many volunteers died before they could even be trained. Those that remained were very unstable. Violent, ruthless, and intensely loyal to the Baelius.

After the incident that banished 80% of Delta V's population to a prison between dimensions, the Imperial Mages grew restless. Without new orders from Baelius, some chose to serve his underlings, such as Alydriah and Caden. Their specialized training made them ideal templates for Blood Mages, a battle-hardened and brutal form of Tech Mage.

Alydriah and the masked mages can’t compare to another individual lurking around Fortune City. Somewhere in it's dark underbelly lives a man who spreads his influence throughout the entirety of the continent. Could he be the one really masterminding the Revolution? To discover his aims and secrets, you’ll first have to find him...

See Our Ugly Mugs!

METROCON: This one is held at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida, June 17-19. AE will have a panel at 2:00 PM on Saturday in PANEL ROOM 13-14. Apparently the Artix gets overly excited about merch, so if you see a grown man dressed as a Paladin loaded down with shopping bags, it might not be Artix but there’s at least a decent chance he will be.

P.S. Thyton LOVES it when you tell him MechQuest is too hard.

Tags: Cinderella

Tagged and added images. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 6/16/2011 18:16:39 >
Epic  Post #: 1
6/16/2011 18:08:48   
xxmirxx

huh I bet my will be delete even tho my first. Oh well lifed goes on
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/16/2011 18:11:10   
Agiluz

hmmm i just hope theres more skills since im expecting for it.

Rogue Ninja
Post #: 3
6/16/2011 18:11:25   
Xx. Christian .xX

that suks its on june 28 D:
Post #: 4
6/16/2011 18:12:20   
bobbyhonkers

Dont ou guys think the blood Mage cannon
Sounds like an energy bunker buster
It even looks like one in the picture
Post #: 5
6/16/2011 18:12:59   
Deimos...

Yeah ^ I thought it was gonna be a zooka at first. Its a skill! That's exciting, I wonder if it has a 25% crit! xD
Epic  Post #: 6
6/16/2011 18:15:46   
bobbyhonkers

It also says it breaks through defenses
So I bet it ignores like 10% of defenses as well
Post #: 7
6/16/2011 18:21:31   
LambO

* Cyber Hunters will be able to experiment with the new Plasma Grenade, an energy-based attack that has a chance to stun your opponent!

Great a Grenade for Cyber Hunters...
Hope this isn't the "new skills" for this class. It's just Stun Grenade but Energy...

"The new version of EpicDuel is tentatively scheduled to release on June 28, 2011. Stay tuned as this date is subject to change."
I really hope you mean change by becoming earlier, not waiting till sometimes in July.

Not complaining, I'm just not getting my hopes up for something that might fail (Classes) be a joke (Date scheduled) & be another waste of time (Delta)

Guess all I can do is be patient, but remember don't dissapoint us.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/16/2011 18:23:04   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

More stun chances if you have the Stun Guns i guess?

This is shaping up to be an Epic release.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/16/2011 18:24:30   
Xx. Christian .xX

12 days to wait 1 and a half week :OO :( >:(

wait r they going to test the class? like is there going to be an update tomorow

< Message edited by reyes 89 -- 6/16/2011 18:25:26 >
Post #: 10
6/16/2011 18:26:04   
helloguy

So anything this week
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/16/2011 18:26:45   
Hiddenblade

hope the change is non var i wanna be blood mage
Post #: 12
6/16/2011 18:26:59   
Xx. Christian .xX

well im not sure, maybe they will test the class?
Post #: 13
6/16/2011 18:27:58   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

We'll be testing in the dev server. so, just staff for now. Sorry.
Post #: 14
6/16/2011 18:29:02   
Xx. Christian .xX

WHAT!!!! thats not fair cmon (can i go to the devs server) plzz ill pay $20 per hour
Post #: 15
6/16/2011 18:30:41   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@reyes- there's a reason we test things with staff first. We're equipped to deal with the bugs that inevitably come up.
Post #: 16
6/16/2011 18:31:18   
Deimos...

You should do what this other game does. Let players test new updates, but only if you payed varium.
Also wins, loses, credits, etc. that you get on test server Will not change your main account!
You should also have unlimited varium in that server to test things. I tested a game like that on a game called "Wizard 101" (Really BIG family game)
Who likes this idea?

Maybe you can only test for 20 minutes. BTW you should have an in game bug report form. As soon as they find a bug they can report it.
BTW I am so excited! Soon I will be 6 stars! ;D

< Message edited by Deimos... -- 6/16/2011 18:32:22 >
Epic  Post #: 17
6/16/2011 18:32:41   
Xx. Christian .xX

well players can help to thats why theres a BUG SECTION -_-"
Post #: 18
6/16/2011 18:34:55   
Lectrix

June 28th?!? Wow that's sooner than I expected (though if Gamma taught me anything, I shouldn't expect Delta to go live until sometime in July).

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 6/16/2011 18:35:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/16/2011 18:40:04   
xxmirxx

quote:

For the Tactical Mercenaries(we changed the name to maintain the theme of the other two classes), you?ll be able to use a skill called Frenzy. By using this lethal new attack, you?ll be able to crush your opponent, as well as taking some of their health for your own! Cyber Hunterswill be able to experiment with the new Plasma Grenade, an energy-based attack that has a chance to stun your opponent! Blood Mageswill be able to break through their opponents? defenses with the Plasma Cannon, an awesome weapon that launches a stream of concentrated energy at your opponents.

this makes me laugh the names and skills just same as other class but you add in different class.
quote:

@reyes- there's a reason we test things with staff first. We're equipped to deal with the bugs that inevitably come up.
your theory is quite useless because that very fact it fail when first 3 skills came in. It take public to actually give accurate test. Just like 2vs1 and basically your just waiste your time

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 6/16/2011 18:49:53 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
6/16/2011 18:41:23   
altimatum

energy bunker buster
Post #: 21
6/16/2011 18:46:03   
StriderAigis

Plasma cannon? like a energy bunker buster?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/16/2011 18:48:50   
Deimos...

If its gonna be energy bunker... that means that... Im staying merc. :D
Epic  Post #: 23
6/16/2011 19:01:24   
Cole rules

Well just wondering with the release of these enhanced classes will we be able to keep skills from the previous class and have the tree grow bigger or will all the skills be scrapped once the change happens and a new tree be formed. If the skills are scrapped will we be able to change back (assuming there is a cost to change in the first place) without penalty.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/16/2011 19:01:43   
Polandor

That a very long wait, time to find a new game.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= June 16, 2011 Delta Preview!
Page 1 of 812345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition