Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Blood Mage, the future overpowered class?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage, the future overpowered class?
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/19/2011 17:42:38   
xxmirxx

Guys call prediction If you don't have prediction don't bother making comment.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
6/19/2011 18:10:27   
Hun Kingq

IsaiahtheMage , have you heard the saying. "Walk a mile in someone elses shoes." Every update in Gamma either made the merc class overpowered, the bounty class overpowered or both classes overpowered while the mage class constantly had to adjust builds several time a week to find a good offense/defense build and when we found a good build here comes another update, starting the retraining loop for the mage class all over again.

For Assimilation being unblockable and taking away more energy that would have forced mercs and bounties to take more points from stats they were abusing and put them into energy and the programmers never would had to mess with the stats, thus forcing players to balance themselves out to use the skills they had.

Combining Armor idea would have gave the mage class better resistance and defense without screwing up the skill tree or nerfing the bounty or merc class.
Those two ideas would have forced the stat abusers to change their tactics and adjust their builds and if that is making the mage class better in your opinion, overpowered, then good let the mage class be overpowered without abusing stats so the mage can compete better in battle.

Out of all three classes the mage blocks the least and gets stunned the more often then others.

When I asked you, "how can the mage class have better defense and resistance without messing with the skill tree or affecting other classes," you did not answer. All you write is, "that will make the mage class overpowered." How do you know what will make the make class overpowered? Are you a programmer for Epic Duel or is your brain part of the chips and processors of the servers?

People been saying once something been done it can't be undone and that is untrue because in programming anything can be undone when something is implemented it can be adjusted.

My idea of balance is forcing the players to balance themselves.

So yes I hope the new mage class is overpowered so when a person puts 'lol' the person playing the Blood Mage could put 'wiloln' (let you figure that one out).
Epic  Post #: 27
6/19/2011 18:15:32   
xxmirxx

quote:

IsaiahtheMage , have you heard the saying. "Walk a mile in someone elses shoes." Every update in Gamma either made the merc class overpowered, the bounty class overpowered or both classes overpowered while the mage class constantly had to adjust builds several time a week to find a good offense/defense build and when we found a good build here comes another update, starting the retraining loop for the mage class all over again.

Yes so true
AQ Epic  Post #: 28
6/19/2011 18:29:46   
AQWPlayer

quote:

So yes I hope the new mage class is overpowered so when a person puts 'lol' the person playing the Blood Mage could put 'wiloln' (let you figure that one out).

"wilol"="Why lol"?
AQW  Post #: 29
6/19/2011 18:34:44   
Yo son

quote:

For Assimilation being unblockable and taking away more energy that would have forced mercs and bounties to take more points from stats they were abusing and put them into energy and the programmers never would had to mess with the stats, thus forcing players to balance themselves out to use the skills they had.

Combining Armor idea would have gave the mage class better resistance and defense without screwing up the skill tree or nerfing the bounty or merc class.
Those two ideas would have forced the stat abusers to change their tactics and adjust their builds and if that is making the mage class better in your opinion, overpowered, then good let the mage class be overpowered without abusing stats so the mage can compete better in battle.

Out of all three classes the mage blocks the least and gets stunned the more often then others.

When I asked you, "how can the mage class have better defense and resistance without messing with the skill tree or affecting other classes," you did not answer. All you write is, "that will make the mage class overpowered." How do you know what will make the make class overpowered? Are you a programmer for Epic Duel or is your brain part of the chips and processors of the servers?

People been saying once something been done it can't be undone and that is untrue because in programming anything can be undone when something is implemented it can be adjusted.

A true mage. His also not selfish.
Post #: 30
6/19/2011 18:51:43   
xxmirxx

quote:

For anyone thinks mages are over powering now were not. If we were we would to 2vs2 just as good as merc. We would be able to win 2vs2 badge at level 33. Took us along time to get even as close as we are now in 1vs1.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
6/19/2011 19:10:18   
Hun Kingq

wiloln stands for Who is laughing out loud now.

Wanting things for one self is being selfish wanting things for the whole class can't be considered being selfish because it is for everyone in the class. A rue tech mage takes care of his own then takes care of others. In 2vs2 how can you protect your partner if you can't protect yourself.

The mercs and bounties have things that is activated through out the whole round to protect themselves but the mage has none.

When a merc or bounty wants something for their class they are not called selfish but get a pat on the back and told good job here you go but when a mage wants something for that class they are called selfish.
Epic  Post #: 32
6/19/2011 19:27:54   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kingq Again no, it will just be making Mages overpowered. +16 Defence AND Resistence while the classes only can have plus +9 on eitheir defence or resistence(Excluding non varuim) is so overpowered I do not need or want to explain. Yes I understand Mages are Uped and the other classes have a advantage espiecally Mercs. Mages do deserved to be buffed but what your suggesting is to much. Also again no mages only block less because of dex and SA that BH have and stun less because they dont have a 40% stun chance like Mercs and BH do. But thats neccasarily considered as less as both classes dont always use those skills. You do deserve a 40% stun chance tho.
Also stat abusers should not have to adjust their builds for better so called "strategy and skills" I find it perfectly fine that people can abuse any stat without any skill or strategy as long as its successful who cares? Not to mention no each update hasnt. The past updates have been directly aimed at BH and Merc not to mention the stat reduction effected all of us. Look hybrid armor has been nerfed and BH have 2 requirements on both their passives. Unfair for not just them but every class. Also again wanting one class to rank above all others is not balance. You have now stated yourself you dont want balance for all classes. Because you want a class to Oped.
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/19/2011 19:57:37   
Zean Zapple

I hope! If they are going to be anything at all like mages, you know that they'll be versatile!

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 34
6/19/2011 20:29:21   
DeathGuard

quote:

Yo son: A true mage. His also not selfish.
Thats is true. The worst part of mages defending themselves, is that they flame us, we make threads reclaiming our rights to be buffed and we get flamed. To all the mercs and bhs who flames us, shut up if you don't know what is to be a mage for all the game, I have never change to another class, you guys with your almost perfect rates and we are here breaking our heads trying to beat overpowered guys like you, but at last we do! IF any mage needs help for a build pm me and I will help as much as I can.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/19/2011 20:46:31   
IsaiahtheMage

@Cyber BH is not OPed it may have more of a Adv then Mages but it is not Oped Mercs are.
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/19/2011 21:10:41   
Hun Kingq

IsaiahtheMage, You lack of understand about combining armor is overwhelming
So let us take the Junker Armor(a non varium armor)
Junker Armor HBD
Enhancement Slots: 4
color effect players choice
Equipment Type: Armor
Element: Physical/Energy
Requirements:
Tech Mage

+6 Defense
+6 Resistance

Stat Modifiers:
+1 strength
+2 Technology
It would be made possible to combine any two types of armor but not of the same element so does anyone else not understand what I am suggesting. When a merc has on the hybrid armor on resistance with blood shield at max how much added resistance that does not use energy do they have. When a bounty have max shadow arts with energy shield and reflex boost activated how much defense and resistance do they have? So with this example of combining the junker armor how is having +6 for defense and resistance making the mage class over powered?

I did not say I don't want balance for all classes and I wrote this, "So yes I hope the new mage class is overpowered." because it is time for the mage stop being a joke of ED in the gaming world. 40% chance of stun now who wants to make things overpowered. Amage gets stunned more often with a level 1 stun grenade then a bounty or merc gets stunned with a level 1 overload.

Stat abusing is just like a sports player taking steroids so I guess your fine with athletes taking steroids for easy victories. It is not ok in either world.

So at a balanced build I hope the Blood Mage is considered over powered in defeating any stat abusing build especially support, forcing players to balance their builds.

The skill tree will stay the same with slight modifications to meet the Blood mage power but with three new skills one they already told us about maybe we will pick and choose which skill we want without having to choose the skill above it, wasting those points.
Epic  Post #: 37
6/20/2011 14:26:53   
Synbad Syndicated

Hun Kingq

so what your saying is that you want the blood mage to be so op that it forces every other class to balance out each other?
either way mages will always be the weakest link. bh are insanely op so why would they need CH which is a weaker version just by the name alone, like some creepy nerd-hunter, you can bet mercs are going get a nice little packet of evo juice, and mages all i can think of is insane heal loop and support+strength abuse. still if what i think you mean as stated by the question above, then i don't mind it. be fun to have a boss class other than the godly BH'S
Post #: 38
6/20/2011 14:32:08   
Drakadh

No classes are OPed They all have weaknesses

As for the Thread, No I wont say that they would be OP but I cant wait to find out! :D

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/20/2011 14:56:28   
SummonerBrandon

-.- Oh my gosh. If any one of you are trying to complain about a mage having this great skill that they are soon to be having, JUST SHUT THE HECK UP! I am a mage all the way on mine and even I have some troubles. With a mage being a non-varium, it is all good but against one with varium, it is going to be hard no matter what. -__- My 2v2 losses greatly outbeats my 2v2 wins and I blame the system that starts with a J. If we get the blood mage, then the mage race will be able to bring a challenge. Do not start complaining about the mages. Some of the mercs that I battle are good at balancing their physical and energy defenses and the bounty hunters are better healers than the mages. Are the Blood Mages are going to be overpowered: NO! Will they will be able to bring a challenge: YES! Besides, you have the other two classes to think about too!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/20/2011 15:02:39   
5rr5
Banned

Don't say anything bad about a class before you even have seen it!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/20/2011 15:23:19   
Larcell

Lol, yep. Only one skill.

Epic  Post #: 42
6/20/2011 16:03:24   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kingq
So basically you want Blood Mage to be so Super Oped it will force a 140 Sup Merc into balancing their build? Not to mention their is a flaw in your statement. First off Mercs have to lose 13 HP to have a Max Blood Shield and no Merc would use Energy Hybrid Armor plus Blood Shield unless they have a reason to because that would leave their defense wide open. They would also lose HP. Also why are you adding Shadow Arts in this? Energy Shield and Reflex Boost are the only BH skills that boost defences SA is just a extra block and stun chance so it doesnt matter in your statement. You still are not seeing how OPed your idea is because it was not implemented if it was you will then see how it will be so Super Oped. That everyone will be in a uproar.
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/20/2011 16:12:54   
Tiago X

This will be interesting.
And stop complaining , commander F2P, 2vs2 champ wannabe with no grammar at ALL. You complain about mercs being OP, but then you just say mages aren't that good at 2vs2. If you were a half decent builder , you'd know what is more effective. Your a COMMANDER for crying out loud.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/20/2011 16:30:46   
xxmirxx

IsaiahtheMage Hun Kingq is right were just getting what was rightfully ares its like adding Agility to only support and tech builts or adding blocks to your muti. You would to be piss off or adding blocks on massacre as well adding strength builts.
AQ Epic  Post #: 45
6/20/2011 16:45:32   
DeathGuard

Lets keep the arrogance and ignorance from bh and mercs coming toward mages, yea... one day they will nerf you so much you will complain just like we do right now.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/20/2011 17:01:15   
IsaiahtheMage

@xxMirxx Its not the same he is suggesting for Mages to able to combine their armors and have 12+ Physical Defence and Resistence as if thats not OPed. That is way to Oped when saying that he is excluding Technian and Defense Matrix from the suggestion. 12+ Defence and Resistence plus 40-50 more tech from Technian plus 20-27 more defense from Defense Matrix oh yeah I can see it coming the new unstoppable Tank Mage! Thats also exluding their normal defence and resistence and that is not OPed? How? This also goes to you aswell Hun Kingq how on earth is that not Oped?

@Cyber BH and Mercs have already been nerfed the only solution is to buff Mages. Nerfing is a bad idea. I dont get why the devs act like limiting and nerfing is the idea to balance you are nerfing your players for thinking of builds. What about all those varuim players who paid a lot of money to get stronger? They didnt pay 50 bucks to get nerfed and get huge stat requirements. Stat Diminishing,Stat Require,Nerfing are all bad idea. All it results in is a fail of players getting in a uproar. I don't get why they continue to do so.

@Phrax Lol godly BH? We all know STR BH can be annoying but godly? No. What is godly is a Tank Merc with 25-28 Defense plus 12 from Hybrid Armor and 27-32 resistence plus 8 or 9 from armor. That is godly. Espiecally when they use their Gamma Bot with their 5 Focus and its so powerful because of their high tech. STR BH can be countered with Intimidate and Hybrid Armor and Def Matrix and Malf. They may still be tough but they are beatable. The majority of the time STR BH have beat me but I have beat a few a them. Due to their dex being higher then mine and them going first with 20-30 support compared to my 56.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 6/20/2011 17:06:35 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/20/2011 17:31:46   
AQWPlayer

quote:

Lets keep the arrogance and ignorance from bh and mercs coming toward mages, yea... one day they will nerf you so much you will complain just like we do right now.

AWESOME :D
AQW  Post #: 48
6/20/2011 18:00:40   
IsaiahtheMage

@Cyber After re-reading your post it seems like your accusing all Mercs and BH of being arrogant and ignorant. I have a LVL 31 Merc,LVL 27 BH and a LVL 25 Mage. I am currently swicthing playing between all 3. To see what scenario Mages are truly in, and its not good.
AQW Epic  Post #: 49
6/20/2011 18:07:36   
frosty123

Why do you want a class to be OP. And how is a BM gonna make a tech mage OP?
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage, the future overpowered class?
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition