Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Blood Mage, the future overpowered class?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage, the future overpowered class?
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/20/2011 18:22:09   
Hun Kingq

IsaiahtheMage, it is sad that you think having a better defense and resistance make a class over powered. Think about the term over powered does having armor that gives points to defense and resistance make malfunction, overload, plasma bolt or any other skill any stronger, no it does not, it limits the damage cause by the stat abusers in all classes. When your playing look at the low level mages and see how many have armor, very little to none at all because even the non-varium armor is too expensive. so will the mercs get hybrid armor at Level 1 and blood shield (so what if it cost health points) at level 10, the bounties get shadow arts at level 10 while what does the mage gets that don't cost energy, nothing, nothing and nothing.

The option of combing armors would not be free so not only the mage would have to buy two armors but would have to save up againg to combine two different element armors so not every mage will have the combined armors right away so with that in mind how is combine armors make the whole class overpowered? I gave the example of combining Junker Armor and it would give +6 for defense and resistense but you gave it +12.

Titan realized he left the mage class in the dark far too long as well as Nightwraith and if you take a look at some of Nightwraith recent drawings you will see that they are hard at work improving the mage class so I have a good feeling Delta will be the rise of the mage class.
Epic  Post #: 51
6/20/2011 18:28:59   
AQWPlayer

If mages could combine armors, I would definitely do so cause I got both seraph armors
AQW  Post #: 52
6/20/2011 18:36:26   
altimatum

Why is this the assumption? It's one skill that could totally be out of the class' context and the others could just be lame.
Post #: 53
6/20/2011 19:12:41   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kingq False. What do you mean mages get nothing at LVL 10 that doesnt cost energy? They get reroute at level 5 that makes them gain energy from taking damage and at level 10 they get deadly aim that improves gun damage. How could you(A mage) not know that and not use it in your arguement? As if it doesnt count? Becuase it does count in your post. Also no thats not the main reason. But defense plays a big role. I was'nt talking about the Junker Armor I was suggesting a armor like Seraph armor. How can you honestly say something like 19-23 def + 12 def(Combined Armor) + 20-27 def(Def Matrx) and 21-26 res + 12(Combined Armor) + 40-48 tech(Technian) is not Overpowered?! You can't be serious. But it appears you are.

It appears you have proven you do not want balance but you want the Mage class to be Oped meaning you want imbalance. I don't like the way the game is'nt balance nietheir and how Mercs have a adv over Mages. But suggesting making a class imbalanced on purpose is not the key to balance. I do not understand why you contniue to post in balance threads after admitting yourself you do not want balance. I am indeed confused. So do you want balance or do you want the Mage class to be Oped? Its a simple question. I am indeed confused behind your motives.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 6/20/2011 21:16:46 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 54
6/20/2011 19:17:46   
xxmirxx

IsaiahtheMage it still does make us weak. Without healing loop are reroute is nothing and deadly aim isn't as good you think. beside are reroute is like hybrid. Compare to merc they have so many great choices.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 6/20/2011 19:18:47 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 55
6/20/2011 20:40:54   
Synbad Syndicated

isiah
you are right mercs are godly. being able to meet 2 mercs with 44+ resistance in tech+assault bot and still able to get their defences over 30 while doing 65 damage on a crit i think that's the reason mages might be crying and you are right bh's are just annoying since their technically heal looping without any wasted turns.
one reason mages are stuck in the dark is they can't use assimilation with a physical sword. i have already thought out a new build for my mage that's perfect counter for those massacring bh's and last minute attack spam's and/or heal i usually face. it could have been an abusable stat like massacre or bunker if it had no requirements, but the fact that it can be blocked irks me.
Post #: 56
6/20/2011 23:09:00   
Hun Kingq

IsaiahtheMage, does reroute improve defense or resistance? because to you it it does. 1 point for deadly aim with a low power sidearm, WOW, what great power. comparing these two passives to hybrid armor, shadow arts, or bloodshield is like comparing apples to oranges.

When a mage is in battle, we can't afford a wasted turn by putting on defense matrix or technician, if you go first against a merc or bounty and don't malfunction them to affect robot, bunker buster or emp then the next round they hit you hard and next thing you have to heal wasting two rounds. For a mage when we got first we have to strike first and strike hard so the waste their turns putting on shields and healing.

Defense matrix and technician last time I used them last three rounds and at the end of your turn in the third round poof they are gone. Blood shield only suppose to last 4 rounds but I have seen it last 5 or more rounds. Shadow Arts, last the whole match. Hybrid last the whole match. vampire Lust no cool down or warmup and is not blocked anymore takes away health as it regains health. Without energy max blood shield and max hybrid at resistance +25 with bunny borg energy armor +9 +1, which is a total of +35 additional resistance points. Without using a massive amount of energy what does a mage have to get us +35 additional points for resistance? So let see +12 compared to +35 which is greater?

In a 2vs2 battle one time I had a mage partner he had max defense matrix, activated it, I told him he wasted a turn and energy, the Artillery strike came I survived without defense matrix while he got destroyed and won the match by myself.

Wanting the mage class to have better defense and resistance without nerfing the other classes or screwing up the stats is not wanting the class to be overpowered, think about it we would not had complaints about the stat abusers, such as yourself, from the mage class if we had the combined armor becuase we would had better protection from the physical and energy attacks and would not have to choose one type of armor over another. I tried a little experiment one time I put on an energy armor went in a 2vs2 match and I was against two mercs with nothing but physical weapons so then I put on a physical armor went in a 2vs2 match and against two mercs with energy type weapons. The gamma bot does physical and energy assault so with the energy armor they get massive damage with the punches less damage with the laser opposite with the physical armor. With the combined armor we would not had that problem with the gamma bot as we do now.

So acoording to you mages can't have neither power, defense or resistance while mercs and bounties get to have power, defense and resistance and you want balance.

A lot of players already stated, "If the Blood Mage is overpowered then they will be a Blood Mage." I say, do all of us true and loyal mages a favor stay out of that class for we don't want you ruining a good thing we have been long waiting for and rightfully deserve.

Epic  Post #: 57
6/20/2011 23:13:09   
Serpeants

Well I can't wait for the Delta Version of EpicDuel to start, I have too long didn't log into it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
6/20/2011 23:14:43   
xxmirxx

quote:

one reason mages are stuck in the dark is they can't use assimilation with a physical sword.

We never want that skill forget use of sword. I f you get block then you have to wait 3 rounds or 4. Were piss off that are healing loop was taken away Agility and to make worst they add 1 more turn to cool downs. When we want what was rightfully ares we get people who was never mage or has level 24 mage or just alt say were over powering. because they assume all mages like 1vs1 only which not true. Are wins has drop alot we use to get more wins like 40 to 55 in hour and 2vs2 percent was above 88 percent easy.
AQ Epic  Post #: 59
6/20/2011 23:38:04   
Drakadh

quote:

Are wins has drop alot we use to get more wins like 40 to 55 in hour and 2vs2 percent was above 88 percent easy.

Each battle takes up more then 2 minutes ( Or 1 if your lucky ) you statistics is not going to happen unless you were fighting guys with HP below 50 O.o

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
6/21/2011 0:26:06   
king julian

I though of this just cause im a mage and I thought it would be awesome but idk maybe lol lets just wait.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
6/21/2011 5:43:09   
charwelly

I hope it is i'm planning to change to BM

Retired Again.
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
6/21/2011 7:08:25   
Hun Kingq

Maybe they will combine the Defense matrix and technician to give us both at once when activated but what will it be called?
Epic  Post #: 63
6/21/2011 10:24:35   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kingq
quote:

IsaiahtheMage, does reroute improve defense or resistance? because to you it it does. 1 point for deadly aim with a low power sidearm, WOW, what great power. comparing these two passives to hybrid armor, shadow arts, or bloodshield is like comparing apples to oranges.

False. I never said Reroute improves def or res where did you get that info? Where talking about high level Mages not low levels no high level Mage should have a weak sidearm and level 1 deadly aim be realistic. Bloodshield is not a passive.

quote:

When a mage is in battle, we can't afford a wasted turn by putting on defense matrix or technician, if you go first against a merc or bounty and don't malfunction them to affect robot, bunker buster or emp then the next round they hit you hard and next thing you have to heal wasting two rounds. For a mage when we got first we have to strike first and strike hard so the waste their turns putting on shields and healing.

You are only using technian and def matrix in a different situation then what I suggested. I said using it with your combining armor idea is very Oped not using it alone. So this is irrlevant.

quote:

Defense matrix and technician last time I used them last three rounds and at the end of your turn in the third round poof they are gone. Blood shield only suppose to last 4 rounds but I have seen it last 5 or more rounds. Shadow Arts, last the whole match. Hybrid last the whole match. vampire Lust no cool down or warmup and is not blocked anymore takes away health as it regains health. Without energy max blood shield and max hybrid at resistance +25 with bunny borg energy armor +9 +1, which is a total of +35 additional resistance points. Without using a massive amount of energy what does a mage have to get us +35 additional points for resistance? So let see +12 compared to +35 which is greater?

False. Blood Shield last 5 turns not 4 or more. Blood Lust is a passive of course it has no cooldown or warmup. Again it CAN be blocked. When on my BH alt I have been blocked quite a few times when I have a high level blood lust. Just because don't block it does'nt mean anything. You don't block it because your dex is so low compared to the BH when they have high dex,have SA and smoke you reducing your dex and block chance and increasing theirs. You probably have a 4% block chance while they have 55%(SA) which is why you barely block. Again your using a unrealistic situation. No Merc will use 13 HP and switch their hybrid to energy and have energy bunny borg armor. That leaves their def wide open they will get pwned by a BH. You are excluding the normal res plus what they could get from technian that only cost 18 energy at level 10.

quote:

In a 2vs2 battle one time I had a mage partner he had max defense matrix, activated it, I told him he wasted a turn and energy, the Artillery strike came I survived without defense matrix while he got destroyed and won the match by myself.

How much support did the SUP Merc have? How powerful was their multi how much dmg was it suppose to do? What level was the def matrix and how much sup did they have? How much base def did they have? You failed to mention this things. That post proves nothing about def matrix being weak or useless.

quote:

Wanting the mage class to have better defense and resistance without nerfing the other classes or screwing up the stats is not wanting the class to be overpowered, think about it we would not had complaints about the stat abusers, such as yourself, from the mage class if we had the combined armor becuase we would had better protection from the physical and energy attacks and would not have to choose one type of armor over another. I tried a little experiment one time I put on an energy armor went in a 2vs2 match and I was against two mercs with nothing but physical weapons so then I put on a physical armor went in a 2vs2 match and against two mercs with energy type weapons. The gamma bot does physical and energy assault so with the energy armor they get massive damage with the punches less damage with the laser opposite with the physical armor. With the combined armor we would not had that problem with the gamma bot as we do now.

I am not a stat abuser I said I have no problem what them but never said I am one. I am a 5 Focus Non Var Merc. Yes the armor would help but you are still excluding the other buffs that would make you basically invincible for 3 turns.

quote:

So acoording to you mages can't have neither power, defense or resistance while mercs and bounties get to have power, defense and resistance and you want balance.

False. I never said that. Where did you get that false accusation?

quote:

A lot of players already stated, "If the Blood Mage is overpowered then they will be a Blood Mage." I say, do all of us true and loyal mages a favor stay out of that class for we don't want you ruining a good thing we have been long waiting for and rightfully deserve.

No one deserves being Oped. But to you they do. When the new classes come if its changed to non var class change. Only at the cost of credits I will be a Tactical Merc most likely.

quote:

Maybe they will combine the Defense matrix and technician to give us both at once when activated but what will it be called?

EDIT: This only inforces your idea of making Mages invincible. You have officialy stated you dont want balance. You must play as all 3 classes(Like me) to see what true balance is. Not just play as a Mage all the time and suggest such ideas and assume because no one agrees they are a Mage hater and want Mages to be Oped. You have to look at all 3 views.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 6/21/2011 10:27:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
6/21/2011 10:35:01   
Sinnedtragedy98

Wait... can someone answer this? I'm a merc. So when Delta comes... do I have to pay for the class upgrade or is it automatic? And I'm pretty sure Blood Mage won't be having malf, obviously. Because, Plasma Cannon with malf sounds way too dangerous and the devs would know how dangerous it sounds.

Hey there, I'm .Sixth Severe. from ED, also known as The Golden II
My YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/sinnedtragedy98

[IMG]http://signatures.forumsigmaker.com/48f45be9b6c68.gif[/IMG]
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
6/21/2011 10:37:21   
IsaiahtheMage

^It is never automatic. Why would they force you turn into another class? Unless they make the class change feature to be done with credits you will have to pay real money to class change.
AQW Epic  Post #: 66
6/21/2011 10:43:44   
Sinnedtragedy98

quote:

^It is never automatic. Why would they force you turn into another class? Unless they make the class change feature to be done with credits you will have to pay real money to class change.

Aww crap, ok...

Hey there, I'm .Sixth Severe. from ED, also known as The Golden II
My YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/sinnedtragedy98

[IMG]http://signatures.forumsigmaker.com/48f45be9b6c68.gif[/IMG]
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
6/21/2011 11:21:06   
IsaiahtheMage

^I know it sucks. I dont want to have to pay real money just to change class nietheir. It be better if they made class change varuim and credits but you would not get a achievement if you payed with credits. That would make it fair.
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
6/21/2011 13:36:06   
SummonerBrandon

-.- Not to be mean but Epic Duel has started to become a in-game of complaints, calling people noobs when they do not even have experience, and sheer chaos. But anyways, here is what I have to say to keep all of you stop complaining. Instead of banging on the mage's door, look at as to what the other classes can do and I got this information from the "What's New?!" and from the recent Delta Preview threads:

quote:

For the Tactical Mercenaries (we changed the name to maintain the theme of the other two classes), you’ll be able to use a skill called Frenzy. By using this lethal new attack, you’ll be able to crush your opponent, as well as taking some of their health for your own!
Cyber Hunters will be able to experiment with the new Plasma Grenade, an energy-based attack that has a chance to stun your opponent!

-.- How in the world can you complain about the Blood Mage when the Mercenaries are able to take health and the cyber hunters are able to stun opponents with a new energy-skill attack? The Blood Mage new skill are able to break through opponents defense. Do not start complaining about the Plasma Cannon when the mercs are able to steal health as though they are thieves and the hunters are able to stun in order to have another turn to live another day. Anyways, let us continue as to what the class' main focus would be:

quote:

Blood Mage: This fierce class is a brawler who’s not afraid to dish out the pain. The Blood Mage is more melee-focused than previous incarnations of the Mage, and not afraid to get their hands dirty...

Cyber Hunter: These bounty hunters started experimenting by infusing themselves with more technology, becoming a powerful amalgamation of flesh and metal...

War Master: Truly skilled warriors are able to learn from their opponents, and nowhere is this better exemplified than by the War Masters. Utilizing the brute strength, cunning, and technological prowess of their enemies, this player is truly the War Master...

Before we release these new classes, we will be conducting extensive testing to make sure they’re not overpowered, as balance is still (and always will be) a pertinent issue in a PvP game.

HELLOOOO!!! The Blood Mage will be able to become more melee but look at the other two classes. The War Master will become even more of a brute monkey and the cyber hunter will end up using more technology. -.- And Cinderella still said that they are testing the classes out to make sure that they are not imbalanced. Most of you should be ashamed of yourself.

Also, reroute helps restore any energy that you have used. Deadly Aim is ok but I did not use it at all. I find my skill points better in my other spells.

As for Technican and Defense Matrix, we shouldn't even be complaining about them. Those spells are great! Nothing is wrong with them. Besides, even of a mage uses one of the two spells, they still may lose depending as to whether the opponent are equally strong in physical and "energetical".
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 69
6/21/2011 13:45:17   
IsaiahtheMage

@SummonerBrandon Because taking some health is not Oped nietheir is stun. But breaking threw defenses is indeed powerful. Thats why people assumed BM will be Oped but I still can't see thier full reason after one skill.
Also you wanna know why ED has become a game of complaints and whinners? Because people are fed up with the crap they have to be put up with. Until the devs actually listen to the enitre community besides the varuim players the complaints will ceast to end.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 6/21/2011 13:47:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 70
6/21/2011 14:03:07   
SummonerBrandon

So what if the Blood Mage is able to break through defenses? The bounty Hunter and the mercenaries are able to do that to and I think that one of those two classes (I believe mercs) have two skills that ignores/breaks through some of the defenses. Besides, we can see the War Master try to become another hunter through stealing health and the hunter... I don't know. They might try to become a mage resister. There are some varium users that I was able to beat and I do not use variums at all. The only complaint that I do agree with everyone is the Juggernaut system and that is all but everything else about the classes, I just do not see it at all besides the fact that the mage does need a couple of updates in order to have a fair chance. Everything has been going great on Dragonfable and Adventure Quest World (Most likely because the community was able to be heard just like you said) and even though I am did not buy anything, I am still able to earn coins or dragon coins on there. I just do not see the reason why this side of the forum are at each other throats.

Anyways, I have one question. Which one of these three do you find best to even win in a battle: Stealing health, ignoring defenses or stunning? To me, I will choose ignoring defenses. There are some people who are lately going on the road of having strong defenses so we need to have a power to counter-act that situation. That is why I do not see the Plasma Cannon a OP skill.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
6/21/2011 14:07:22   
Raph21

Wow they only showed 3 skills and this much response already.
Think about when the next 33 skills are released...

DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
6/21/2011 14:39:44   
TurkishIncubus

I cant belive ppl discuss this 3 pages without knowing a single thing about the new classes :/

Here is the truth if you are un happy with your class than change it , stop asking or waiting buff for your class , all classes are in same power if you know to use it.

Epic  Post #: 73
6/21/2011 16:04:54   
xxmirxx

TurkishIncubus and Raph21 were talk about mages. Yes were making prediction thats all.
AQ Epic  Post #: 74
6/21/2011 16:20:32   
AQWPlayer

quote:

all classes are in same power if you know to use it.

That's right in one way and wrong in another way. Varium TMs are way overpowered and non var TMs are underpowered. If you take the average, then the classes are indeed balanced, but the balance between varium and non varium still needs a huge change.
AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage, the future overpowered class?
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition