Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The Luck Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Luck Thread
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/19/2011 21:58:37   
...Sonya...
Banned

Here is a place where you can discuss luck instead of making new topics.

Discuss ...

Crits -> Deflection -> Blocks -> And whatever You Think involves too Much Luck.

-Son
Epic  Post #: 1
6/19/2011 23:14:02   
AQWPlayer

Everything is good as long as I can have a fair battle against someone of the same level and without varium.
AQW  Post #: 2
6/19/2011 23:20:58   
...Sonya...
Banned

^ So ur arugument is you Fight To many Variums ?

-Son
Epic  Post #: 3
6/20/2011 0:21:04   
DeathGuard

I'm a varium support tech mage and I just crit low levels, but when I crit high levels they got hit badly. My point is crits affects more high levels than low levels.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/20/2011 1:04:55   
endtime

Luck should be minimized as much as possible in ED. If this is supposed to be a strategy game of intellect, then luck should not play such a huge role. How ridiculous would it be if the Chess world champion's queen suddenly got "criticalled" by a low-rated player and his checkmate maneuver blocked?
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/20/2011 1:28:45   
xxmirxx

quote:

Chess world champion's queen suddenly got "criticalled" by a low-rated player and his checkmate maneuver blocked?

Dude don't compare chess to this or at least make sence. Like saying queen all of suddenly doing knight move. Luck is great thing you need for stuns.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
6/20/2011 2:26:54   
Mr.Pablo Jr.

There is luck sprinkled everywhere, you can't deny it. The luck in EpicDuel is almost right, but certain builds are come to rely entirely on luck. Like Endtime stated, in a game of strategy, luck shouldn't play such a big factor. Sure we could use a little luck here and there, we just can't have luck happen all the time.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/20/2011 2:29:45   
Drakadh

I defeated 2 Juggernauts in Power hour O.o

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/20/2011 5:23:01   
Remorse

I agree with endtime, this game should be less luck focsed or at least have senseible luck, what i mean by this is luck that is only more likely to occur in obvious situations an example of UNsensebile luck is : if you have reflex boost on and your oponent is smoked why have i counted 5 blocks by me in this situtation in one day , it is ridiculous, i even got to the point wre blocking with the major gap in dex to my advantage made it seem like i got blocked more e.e . A simple soloution for this particular problem would be to make shadow arts diminishable: what this means is it's not added to the minumum block % rather added to the total so if the dex gap is large shadow arts will be cancled out.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 6/20/2011 5:24:03 >
Epic  Post #: 9
6/20/2011 6:18:38   
Calogero

Luck is out of hand

I see mercs with 30 Sup Deflecting and critting more than those with 80 sup
I see classes block with only 40 dex while for example I have 90 dex with SA...

The luck thing has got to be nerved

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
6/20/2011 8:16:22   
5rr5
Banned

I wish they removed block, deflect and crit because people do that too much now! They increased and increased now the game is ruined, they never listened to the players and see what happened now. I was gonna give away my account but I noticed that I couldn't give it without giving Master Account and I already got 1 week banned because of this. I don't know why the Admins don't just listen to us!

Why do str builds crit, block, deflect and start a lot !
Why do noobs crit, block, deflect and start a lot !

This questions is the secret of the game the Admins is never gonna answer.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/20/2011 8:17:44   
TurkishIncubus

Without luck factors Str builds will be Oped , If No Lucks = i will never lose.

Epic  Post #: 12
6/20/2011 11:53:28   
Remorse

^although i agree str build will become oped, I think it is quit easy to beat str BH without luck , if luck was remved im sure alot of anti str builds would be created in doing so.
Epic  Post #: 13
6/20/2011 12:58:32   
AQWPlayer

quote:

^ So ur arugument is you Fight To many Variums ?

-Son

That's not an argument but it is exactly what is happening in this game. All battle modes now (excluding NPC) are flooded with variums.
AQW  Post #: 14
6/20/2011 16:44:20   
xxmirxx

quote:

^although i agree str build will become oped, I think it is quit easy to beat str BH without luck , if luck was remved im sure alot of anti str builds would be created in doing so.

actually doesn't take luck beating strength bounty there quite easy to beat. but without luck no one wouldn't get any stuns. Your guys percent will drop fast that means if you get 96 percent you would being getting 85 because there weren't going be blocks. people high supports will get critical all time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
6/20/2011 17:12:21   
IsaiahtheMage

We need luck but it doesnt mean it has to so powerful. Luck needs nerf. @5rr5 If their was no luck all those Oped Builds be insanely powerful without any luck we could'nt stop them.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/20/2011 23:52:34   
Drakadh

How about No defeclect,block or crits for Higher defense? a boost of 10 Points for defense and resistance? Can we agree with something? This may help avoid OP Str BH XD

~Drakadh
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/21/2011 0:09:16   
xxmirxx

quote:

This may help avoid OP Str BH

Why not just add blocks on massacre.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
6/21/2011 2:08:02   
Larcell

quote:

Without luck factors Str builds will be Oped , If No Lucks = i will never lose.

Well, if we removed the luck factors of Block, Deflect, and Crits, str bhs would become easier. I see many str bhs rely on high SA for blocks. Since their stats are focused around str, that means that their defense and resistance will be lower, and without blocking, one just has to buff their defense/resistance and use attacks. And, because the stats of a str bh is focused around str, their support would be low as well, and for the str BH, healing would be useless.

A str merc would be a lot harder. Without block in the game, duelists would be dropping dead after 3 swings from Berserker. But then again, removing another Luck Factor, Stun, maul would just ignore a percentage of damage; however, maul would guarantee a great loss of the opponent's HP each time it's used.
Epic  Post #: 19
6/21/2011 2:30:20   
sha 2nd mage

The game has become better , all the classes are equally powered . low lvls have started comming on leader board which is a great sign
being a 2vs player i had not found much probems in paring or blocks or crits , thats how the game progreess
if u try for a normal strike on a BH, sure u will be blocked a lot
and it goes on .. dont wanna get in details !!

Epic  Post #: 20
6/22/2011 15:35:12   
Goony
Constructive!

Nah, the whole luck factor is up the putt at the moment!

Take this game I just played:

Two 5 focus mercs, I am level 33, he was level 32, both full varium enhanced and the stats were very close. So luck should have been close to minimum levels...

He had slightly higher support, within 10 and my resistance was probably 20 higher. Dex and str were very close!

I went 1st energy Gamma bot: blocked
He did energy gamma bot: critical
I did energy eggzooka: deflect
He did energy eggzooka: deflect
I did physical gamma bot: normal strike
He did physical gamma bot: normal strike
I was rage but only had 21hp: healed for 52
He did energy gun rage: critical
I did energy gamma bot rage: blocked
He did bunker buster: critical

Obviously I died, but it was the amount of luck factors that totally amazed me. I was talking to Angels at the time, she can verify this happened. I can't repeat what she said... This forum is kid friendly after all

Based on the likelihood of the stated luck descriptors, this game was 1 in a million... So why is it happening so often?
Epic  Post #: 21
6/22/2011 16:00:39   
The Shadow Dragon

IMO, Luck is one of the few balanced thing's.

It gives us nonvariums a chance. If it was removed, nonvariums would have NO chance at all.

Luck is like healing, it turns the tables around. And just like healing, you have to deal with it.

< Message edited by The Shadow Dragon -- 6/22/2011 16:02:22 >
Post #: 22
6/22/2011 16:27:46   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Why not just add blocks on massacre.
surgical strike and supercharge arent blockable, dont try the beserker argument, mass has a 3 turn warm up beserker has 1, beserker can be used with rage, massacre can not, beserker is a tier 3 skill while massacre is tier 4 so its supposed to be better
also making massacre block able would be the equivalent of adding agility to heal loopers
quote:

IMO, Luck is one of the few balanced thing's.

It gives us nonvariums a chance. If it was removed, nonvariums would have NO chance at all.

Luck is like healing, it turns the tables around. And just like healing, you have to deal with it.
and? variums paid for an advantage if non variums were just as good as variums nobody would buy, i also i got beat by a lv 27 nv when i was lv 32 full varium because he blocked EVERYTHING went 1st and critted 3 times does luck really seem balanced now? but the advantage is to great, and also luck should only be the deciding factor in a game IF both players are equally skilled and equally well equipped, the win should go the better player not the lucky one
last time i checked i dont have a skill on my skill tree that gave me a +99.99% crit chance

< Message edited by zman 2 -- 6/22/2011 16:33:31 >
Epic  Post #: 23
6/22/2011 16:29:53   
Goony
Constructive!

OK, you can have your opinion, but tell me how can luck be described as healing!

Healing works by the skill that increases by 3 each level and is improved by support. Now support is a statistic that can be improved by varium, if anything your luck is decreased by having less points that are attributable so how can you say luck helps non variums. That is not game based luck factors you are talking about then, that is an occasional fluke!

If you want to talk about dealing with healing, try early gamma when there were heal loop mages. I dealt with it, probably one of the few mercenaries that did! Albeit, I did complain about then a wee bit :p

Epic  Post #: 24
6/22/2011 17:30:38   
Zean Zapple

You call it luck, I call it Support

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> The Luck Thread
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition