Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Book of The Rift - Discussion thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of The Rift - Discussion thread
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/24/2011 1:03:59   
superjars

I've already done quite the intro in the main thread for this project, so I'll keep this one short and sweet.

Book of The Rift - A Book Project of Epic Proportions is the newest in our string of L&L Book Projects, and this one is unique in that it is also a collaborative effort with the forum members over in CA, as well as being a project for the entire summer.

This is the discussion and application thread for groups wishing to participate in the Book of The Rift. If you are interested, start PMing or talking to your forum friends and find an artist and post your applications.

We plan to have the intro post for the book, as well as the wrap-up for the Book of Mystery, up by this weekend. Also, if you have any questions or need any additional information, feel free to post those here as well. I know that I speak for all of us in Legends and Lore when I say that we are excited to work on this project with everyone and see what amazing stories we can come up with together, as well as amazing artwork!

Book of the Rift
Table of Contents
Work thread

Writers who need teammates:
reaper0001
mr. cool
Goldstein
Doom Desirer
Kinzville
Question Mark?
Mortarion

Artists who need teammates:
Beast Mode
flamingknight11
Plasma Charge
Askewen

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 7/12/2011 1:08:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
6/24/2011 13:20:12   
Oddmanthefirst

How technologically advanced is this society?
AQ DF  Post #: 2
6/24/2011 13:37:27   
Mortarion

Can I join this aswell or I eed to be part of a special group/forums AK's?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
6/24/2011 14:37:16   
Reaper Sigma

Ooooo, Book project!

Question: Do we need an artist? Or is that optional?
Post #: 4
6/24/2011 14:58:52   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Oddmanthefirst, To quote superjars from another thread,
quote:

Time period varies depending on what you are talking about. The architecture of the main city should be renaissance and pre-modern, as they /were/ in somewhat of a golden age prior to this happening. Forts and other buildings outside the city will probably be more early medieval. The mythic creatures are from all sorts of alternate worlds and so can be any style from medieval to futuristic. A lot of the art should mirror the pieces that the writers come up with, serving to lend a visual to the images their words paint.

@Mortarion, The only group you need to be in is the one you wil be working with. This group can be as small as 2 people (writer and artist) or as large as 5.

@Reaper0001, The artist is required as stated in rule three.
quote:

3. Each clan of people should have at least one writer and one artist in it. You may have more of either one, but one of each should be included in each. Note that this also means that there is a minimum of 2 members in each clan. We want this to be a collaborative effort and for members from the two boards to begin to interact more with one another.

If you are having trouble finding one, you can try posting in this thread saying that you are a writer looking to jon or recruit an artist :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
6/24/2011 16:52:03   
Mortarion

Is this futuristic or not?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/24/2011 17:10:16   
superjars

It has elements of futuristic in it. Like Mritha quoted above, some of the worlds the rift connects to may have futuristic legendary creatures. Also, imagine the society is in the beginning phases of advanced technology as far as their progression goes. Things had been going a lot faster lately with more focus on growth and the future on their minds.

On the other hand, realize that they have been at war for four years now, so a lot of that has been halted and with few resources, they are pushed back to some medieval style weaponry and buildings.

What do you mean by futuristic?

< Message edited by superjars -- 6/24/2011 17:12:31 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/25/2011 11:45:42   
Mortarion

Like if they ahve huge bolters, power armours, IN SPAAAAAAAACE, ok sorry for the last thing, I coudn't control, but ya get the point, right?, also is there any chance to have magiscience?

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 6/25/2011 11:48:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/25/2011 12:19:52   
Oddmanthefirst

I was just looking for some basic gun weaponry, such as a flintlock pistol. However, I think superjars is looking for a more medieval feel.
AQ DF  Post #: 9
6/25/2011 14:52:11   
Reaper Sigma

How long is the project? Will it go into July?
Post #: 10
6/25/2011 16:56:31   
Oddmanthefirst

The project goes until summer is over (late August to early September).

Also, I am an approved artist so is it possible for me to be a writer as well as an artist? As long as I have two people of course.

< Message edited by Oddmanthefirst -- 6/25/2011 16:58:12 >
AQ DF  Post #: 11
6/25/2011 23:30:37   
superjars

@MOrtarion, Weapons technology would not be very advanced, due to the fact that they wouldn't have been researching that sort of technology, but medicine and transportation and the like would likely be futuristic. as far as magiscience goes, if there was a clan dedicated to putting together the two, then it would still exist. That's the great thing; the only boundaries are imagination and creativity and some small ones imposed by the storyline.

@Oddmanthefirst, A flintlock pistol would not be farfetched to exist in this world.

@Reaper0001, we go until late August, early September

@Oddmanthefirst, again: I mentioned this in the CA thread, so I'll add it here as well. If you are an artist and a writer, we have no problem with you putting your name in both hats. You are probably better suited for creating some illustration to go with your writing. However, I want to encourage you to not fill your plate with too much. We want quality story and quality art. If you feel you can contribute to both, though, by all means, do!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/26/2011 0:10:02   
Mortarion

So daemonic possesion and a bolter all packed in a power armour is too much?, answer a simple yes or no
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/26/2011 0:47:05   
superjars

Yes. Remember, your characters have been fighting for three to four years. They have very few resources left. Also remember that you are writing with others as a clan and the clan has a very specific singular tradition it holds to.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/26/2011 21:46:10   
Mortarion

And simple daemonic possesion and a simple bolter is too much?, also, this'll be in some kind of comic format?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/27/2011 0:08:05   
alexmacf

I'll put my name in for writing, if any artists wanna show some love. XD But I do wonder at what the format you expect is. ^^;;
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
6/27/2011 0:28:46   
superjars

No, it won't be in comic format.

Writers will be writing short stories about their clans, their characters and things that happen. Format-wise, it's the same as your regular Book Project entries.

Artists will be creating artwork that supplements the stories that are written.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
6/27/2011 11:50:47   
Torn

I can write, but I can't draw. Hope there's a group willing to let me in.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
6/28/2011 22:27:33   
Mortarion

So jars can you tell me what's the most advanced technology I am allowed to use?, also would a dude like this is allowed?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
6/28/2011 22:38:43   
Glais

I think a typical Space Marine may have been a better example, nonetheless, I had the same question.
As for the project, I can draw, but I'm having scanner trouble so I can't be relied on yet....
DF MQ  Post #: 20
6/30/2011 10:05:08   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I am going to pull rank here and say that no, what you linked, Mortarion, would not be appropriate for the era and setting in this book, at least not for your character. If that is something that comes through the rift, then it is possible, but maybe keyed down a bit to be realistic. But, like Superjars said, your clan, the group you are working with, has the ultimate say, plus our approval.

Pushing something that doesn't exactly go along with what the group wants will not be a very good working environment.

Also, the Book has officially begun. The art for the two sections posted will be up in a bit, but we wanted to get it started, so everyone can see what exactly could be happening, etc. So the first installment by teams should be some kind of introduction and explanation as to who their characters are and what they are doing/their goals.

This is the work thread for the groups if they need space to talk and plan: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19201976

Book of the Rift
Table of Contents
Work thread

PS. If you are a writer looking to pair up/group up with an artist, please go here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=19170148

Collaboration is a two ways street. Communication is vital.

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 6/30/2011 10:39:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/30/2011 14:41:13   
Mortarion

Yes he comes from the rift, and if you think it, does his armor looks too technological?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/30/2011 17:35:14   
aizenv3
Banned

Any1 wanna team up with me? Im a writer ! We coudl have a part in this epic creation
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
6/30/2011 17:49:15   
Mortarion

I'd like to aizen, I am also trying to get an artist
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/30/2011 17:54:57   
Shadow Ravena
Paladin of Shadows

@Mortarion @aizenv3 Well, I can draw, but it depends on the style. What do you two have in mind?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> Book of The Rift - Discussion thread
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition