Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Book of The Rift - Discussion thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of The Rift - Discussion thread
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/30/2011 17:59:09   
aizenv3
Banned

What do you mean have in mind/? any of u guys got an AQW we cna meet up somewhere probably a private yulgar on here reaction time is slow for responses
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
6/30/2011 18:13:55   
Mortarion

@tiger: Hmm pencil/ink drawing will be fine I think, what do you think of this thought Aizen?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
6/30/2011 18:45:59   
aizenv3
Banned

Group Name:[BoTR] Lords of the Shadow Templar
Ancient Tradition adhered to: Tenebrian Assassinhood
Ultimate Goal: Take down powerful evil tyrants
---
Writer(s): aizenv3, Mortarion
Artist(s): tigerlady48

< Message edited by aizenv3 -- 6/30/2011 19:45:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
6/30/2011 19:07:13   
Mortarion

aizen: there's a small problem, I am not like a good guy, I'm more of the type of that-guy-wich-goes-around-the-universw-spreadinf-an-evil/chaotic-plague -_-

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
6/30/2011 19:09:01   
aizenv3
Banned

@Mortarion

We have a twisted sense of Justice so lets say if Artix was superpowerful and we feel he threatens others we kill him we kil good and evil even he was in fcat the nicest person we just kill people who we see try to gain more power than us and try to threaten us with their ppower Allies are ok because we undeerstand why they gain power so yea take out artix and put in some neutral person

< Message edited by aizenv3 -- 6/30/2011 19:13:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 30
6/30/2011 19:10:26   
superjars

@Mortarion, you may fight things that come from the rift, but you may not have a character who comes from the rift. All characters are normal races (human, elf, drakel, etc.) who live on Senmoria. As for creatures, I'd like most of these early stories to begin with mythical and legendary creatures, with some more exotic possibilities in the future.

Edit: We will hold you to your ultimate goal, so remember that you should pick something you all agree on.

< Message edited by superjars -- 6/30/2011 19:16:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
6/30/2011 19:13:15   
aizenv3
Banned

@superjars

Mythical and legendary?

Why not Chuck Norris lol

ok being serious a giant 9 headed naga dragon
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
6/30/2011 19:16:36   
Mortarion

@superjars: but Eukara said that my character could come from the rift and, do humans that don't age due to long exposition to chaotic radiation/magic are accepted?

@aizen: hum yeah does devoting oneself to the god of disease calificates for our group?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
6/30/2011 19:17:26   
aizenv3
Banned

unless u urself contributes to the clan and the sake of good

@Mortarion

DO you agree with ultimate goal its the one things holding us back now

< Message edited by aizenv3 -- 6/30/2011 19:18:26 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
6/30/2011 19:19:57   
superjars

aizenv3, It doesn't have to be both. I'm talking about creatures like I've listed in the opening post.

Mortarion, Eukara said that something like that creature /might/ be able to come out of the rift. If that was intended to be your character, the answer is a definite no. Also, there isn't any chaotic radiation or magic around this world, so no again, that wouldn't be accepted.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
6/30/2011 19:21:21   
aizenv3
Banned

we're humans?

Im not understanding...sorry i have Sinus infection
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
6/30/2011 19:22:06   
superjars

What did you think you were?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
6/30/2011 19:23:12   
aizenv3
Banned

We're humans lol thast what u meant sorry
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
6/30/2011 19:24:55   
superjars

Also, Mort, there is no god of disease on Senmori Gheva.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
6/30/2011 19:25:50   
Mortarion

Hum sorry for saying this jars but, what the hell the rift seems like a pretty chaotic thing to me I mean he could have been a plain simple human who was living in the area where the rift is and that the day the rift opened it could have warped/mutated him, heck, he could have been swallowed by the rift the first time it opened and it just recently returned him

yes aizen you'r right

< Message edited by Mortarion -- 6/30/2011 19:27:52 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
6/30/2011 19:26:03   
aizenv3
Banned

are there Homo-Tenebrians shadow people ? we dont use magics we just use the manipulation of darkness for our own purposes
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
6/30/2011 19:29:17   
Womba

@Mortar I could be wrong here but from what I gathered... The Rift is a multi-dimensional gate... that is a door leading from countless worlds into Senmori Gheva. A powerful thing to be sure, but not neccassarily "chaotic".

< Message edited by Womba -- 6/30/2011 19:30:35 >
DF AQW  Post #: 42
6/30/2011 19:29:50   
aizenv3
Banned

It shouldnt be affiliated with nothing besides a force of nature
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
6/30/2011 19:30:30   
Mortarion

Also superjars to my understanding the book takes place in a dystopia and in a dystopia people belueve in anithing and who can't say that my character talks aboyt a daemon/archmage who mastered disease magic?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
6/30/2011 19:32:31   
superjars

Mortarion: if he had been that close to the rift, he'd be dead. Also, the rift opened in a tower, so he likely wasn't close. Also, the rift is a RIP between worlds, not an energy anomaly, so no chaotic, mutating energy. Also, if he had been living in the vicinity, he would have either run away or been slaughtered. And above all of this, your character is an inhabitant of the planet who is part of a clan. If you're character was a monster, he'd be dead right now. So, still no.

aizenv3: that seems tenable. I assume they are similar to Drow, except for humanity rather than elves.

Edit: Mortarion, the book takes place in a battered utopia, where people believe in progress and peace and avoid fighting, except those who hold to ancient traditions.

< Message edited by superjars -- 6/30/2011 19:34:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
6/30/2011 19:34:09   
aizenv3
Banned

Mortarion what can't u comply dude.... can we just go with that we have u can incorperate disease into the technology part Its better if we start gathering info from now early bird gets the worm

@superjars

So what is holding us back now ? not being impatient just eager to write

< Message edited by aizenv3 -- 6/30/2011 19:35:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
6/30/2011 19:36:19   
Mortarion

superjars: he is still human, and to your tower/run away argument, first he could have been working on/in the tower and he refused to leave and he could have gotten lucky I mean you don't have his backstory and you already say no, that's mean and unfair aswell
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
6/30/2011 19:42:18   
superjars

As one of the main creators of this world (along with Eukara and the other AK's), I know what's possible and what isn't. There is no mutating power in the rift, so you can't be mutated. End of story. I would suggest you move on and come up with something a bit more normal.

@aizenv3, Holding you back is picking a single tradition for your group.

Also, a reminder: this is similar to other book projects in that you will submit stories to Eukara and the AK's which will then be posted in the book once we've looked them over. Remember to keep good writing etiquette as if there are many errors, we will send it back and ask you to correct it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
6/30/2011 19:43:00   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Mort, No we do not have his backstory however that does not change the fact that he would be breaking the laws we have set for this book. What would be unfair is if we broke those laws for one person, then we would either have to spend much more time and work setting down new laws to make the story flow or say no to everyone else that wanted a character like yours. Eukara, superjars and I have spent close to a month working on this and planning everying. I am sorry, but it is still a no. Please choose something else.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
6/30/2011 19:46:49   
aizenv3
Banned

@superjars

Ive set it to one....and it can incorperate the original 3 is that ok and if it is can it be approved.... lol sorry if i sound so rushing like i said im eager to write
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Workshop] >> Craft Discussion >> RE: Book of The Rift - Discussion thread
Page 2 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition