Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

EpicDuel Investigation

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> EpicDuel Investigation
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/23/2011 19:36:52   
Zean Zapple

Today, I decided to investigate the so called "flaws" that EpicDuel has. With much research and narrow minded bickering I discovered so shocking things about the dynamics of EpicDuel.

As all of you know Oz World 7(8) has been the hangout for said "pros" for as long as I can remember. So today, I took a little trip there to see how the old hangout was doing. It wasn't doing very well at all! After only seconds of being there, what seemed like a group of descent players, belonging to high profile factions began begging for fame. They ranged from a simple "Zeal(yes they spelled my name wrong) will you fame?" to an arrogant "ZEAN ZAPPLE FAME ME!!".

Aside from the begging, more chat related issues were occurring. A little cockiness and vulgar is expected from lower level players, and I can deal with it, but some of the things coming out of level 33 and 32 players was sickening. They were talking about substance abuse, in the sense that they partake in it. They were telling players to google various STD's and other diseases of the lower areas, followed by massive cussing attacks. All in all if I were a parent I wouldn't want my son or especially my daughter exposed to this. It just goes to show how the community has downgraded.

Avoiding this I thought would be easy, just go back to my battling. But, my plan didn't work. In battles I was flamed, called a noob, harassed, asked if I wanted "free variums", and cussed out by several players.

I'm not going to attack the financial piece, as it is being worked on. Please do not flame, troll, or spam! I would like to be able hash this over in a civil manner.

~Zean

Faction names removed and replaced with "high profile factions". Feel free to edit to something else. Naming players or factions in association with negative behavior only serves to illicit a negative reaction from said players/factions and is thus a form of trolling. ~Dax

Do excuse my error. I never intended to troll.
~Zean

< Message edited by Zean Zapple -- 6/24/2011 2:26:54 >
Epic  Post #: 1
6/23/2011 19:46:36   
PD

Personally I don't care if they ask for fame or not.

Rather, I use it as a tool to manipulate them into revealing their true nature.

What I normally find out about people... isn't shocking, nor surprising.

As for people doing substance abuse. I don't care about that either. If they want to kill themselves, go ahead. They'll learn their lesson someday.

< Message edited by PD -- 6/23/2011 19:48:00 >
Post #: 2
6/23/2011 19:47:54   
xxmirxx

I know ED Glads leader and KotR members they aren't type to beg for fame. As for ED Glads you just need talk to leader or officer like fay beee. So they are awared of this because I know they don't put with flaming other people. Isn't true oz for pros back then no it was not.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
6/23/2011 19:55:09   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Lol, 2 days ago was terrible, now that you have brought it up, im ashamed to be apart of some discussions that go on there.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
6/23/2011 20:12:48   
Fay Beeee

dealt with

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 6/24/2011 3:44:17 >

Epic  Post #: 5
6/23/2011 20:19:04   
AQWPlayer

I am one of those who suddenly goes "f4f anyone?" but it's not like I ever go "[INSERT NAME HERE] FAME ME OR I'LL REPORT YOU!"
AQW  Post #: 6
6/23/2011 20:25:37   
Xendran

Yeah, this is why i use private chat / non public areas with friends / msn.
There should probably be a mod there at all, or most times of the day seeing as its the most heavily populated area in the game at essentially all times.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
6/23/2011 20:33:03   
Sparticus

How do you know there isn't a MOD or ADMIN there? They have so many alts it's hard to tell who is who.

Trouble with moderation is there is no mechanism to deal negative reinforcement upon the offenders. This game is so cash strapped they can't afford to ban hammer paying customers. Chat locks are a joke, the report system is a waste of time since no one is paid to check the reports and all your left with is leaving the area and hanging out with an NPC.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
6/23/2011 20:36:36   
Celestine
Constructive!

This is more of a cause from flaws than a flaw itself.
My recent visits to Oz World 7 have not been very pleasant, full with beggars, vulgar language, etc.

Understand that there will always be players who do not know how to conduct themselves, but take into consideration that misconduct is also caused by young players who do not know better.
Just because they are level 30+ does not mean they are able to behave properly.
It's still an issue though, and one that could only be resolved with time.

Also, I noticed that you mentioned factions with misbehaving players, I advise you to use vague words to describe them.
Instead of, as Fay Beee said, "drag our name through the mud here".

Have a good day.

-Celestine

< Message edited by Celestine -- 6/24/2011 0:44:53 >
DF Epic  Post #: 9
6/23/2011 20:40:10   
xxmirxx

quote:

Zean please pm me with the name of our faction member that was there. I will then deal with it. Rather than drag our name through the mud here. You were on my buddies list also, so that would have been another way I could have dealt with it. Thank you

Zean just as said for you simply not to pm fay is quite immature.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
6/23/2011 20:46:51   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Hate is coming upon this money craving game, just cranky players, guess you can't blame them...
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/23/2011 20:55:15   
Sparticus

There is a forum policy to not name players and their infractions in the forum. Identifying factions similarly should be against the rules.

The other side to this would be for the faction players who are offended by this post to do as the forum asks and handle such things in a PM directly to the person who posted the thread instead of airing their grievances in public. Attacking the messenger just makes things worse.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/23/2011 20:57:03   
Wraith

Sometimes I accept f4fs, espescially when they need it to get Daily Fame or they don't have 100 yet.

I don't really know about other things, but sometimes after getting fed up with Oz Wld 7 I challenge a 32/33 (does it matter, its 4 stat points and -1 dmg sometimes) and I win. They call me cheater/hacker and report me. I can't really call them young l'il immature people since I'm not that old, but good point Zean.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
6/23/2011 21:18:59   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

I will not lie that most of this community disgusts me, very few are true believers, and all of them are located on my buddy list.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/23/2011 21:20:30   
One Winged Angel1357

ZZ i used to goto Oz but its so full of this, for lack of a more forum friendly word, crap that when i do play i spent my time jumping back and fourth between Titan and Electro Hazard so i can't hear the crude language and the begging which i get enough of in battle
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/23/2011 21:37:39   
goldslayer1

i dont like OZ anymore.
i liked the OZ when there was no fame. that was more fun.
(maybe the pros should make a new hang out)
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/23/2011 22:01:56   
xxmirxx

I like oz because good to find scammers I enjoy report them. But I never enjoy stay at oz for long times because it reminds me of bad times.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
6/23/2011 22:03:59   
IsaiahtheMage

If what you say is true. This truely shows what has happened to ED community. This is very sad indeed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
6/23/2011 22:36:14   
xxmirxx

If staff truly want to get rid of problem with fame they wouldn't of done it. Sparticus since theres no rules against fame in the first place is reason why it is just went to choas. Fact it was dumb that dev's and mods never came up with plan to deal spamming in future.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
6/23/2011 23:33:29   
Retrosaur

This sounds horrible.....however,

I have been to Oz World 7, and usually I've seen it's a pretty good community, not really much swearing (maybe I'm not "that" active there), everyone's really polite, I haven't seen anyone threatening any one else with reporting....so yea....
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
6/23/2011 23:39:17   
king julian

Well yeah alot of wat u said has been occuring for a long time thats y i dont visit places like that any more.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/23/2011 23:41:34   
endtime

Zean, you have excellent grammar and writing technique. I assume you are a well-educated or affluent youth and thus likely oblivious to the underbelly of American education and society. Regular American schools are teeming with teenagers who use harsh language, discuss inappropriate topics, and behave immaturely. Since the majority of players in this game are in their teens, it is no surprise that such language and behavior is widespread. So just like in school, where the more mature students who dislike the activities of the rowdy "crowds" walk away or inform teachers of distasteful behavior, you should either leave Oz 7 and hang out elsewhere or inform the Lawman. Simple as that.

There is no point in attempting to eradicate such behavior. If the government, who has billions of dollars and many bright people cannot purge debauchery, how can a relatively small operation like ED do it? This kind of behavior is something people have to deal with in life.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
6/24/2011 0:29:34   
Larcell

Around mid-night I see more mature people online ( I guess all the immature people went to bed?). More times than not, around that time is where I sometimes go to Oz.
Epic  Post #: 23
6/24/2011 1:16:45   
DeathSpawn
Banned

LOL Mature people???? What in the world??????? This is EpicDuel and online PvP game. Did all of you wake up one day, buy a computer, then just instantly go to the ED page? What is there to not understand about an online game where people of all cultures and ages can get together, chat almost freely, and fight each others prides through this miraculous thing known as the big scary "Internet"?

If you don't get it and it bothers you then you should throw your computer in the garbage or use it for research purposes only and leave the rest alone :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 24
6/24/2011 2:27:00   
Shadronica

ZZ I understand what you are saying although I very rarely ever go to OZ. It gives me a headache ;)

Anyway the type of discussion you observed really does belong to the immature early teens who want to impress with their limited knowledge on STD's, drugs etc. LoL

Hormones running rampant.

I agree that it should definately not be for the younger children players to hear. Perhaps one day we can have a limited chat server for the younger and some of the older players who wish peace and quiet. You might want to chat with Cindy about that ZZ. Wiseman and I discussed it some time ago.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> EpicDuel Investigation
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition