Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(HS) Rise of the Flames

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) Rise of the Flames
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/27/2011 15:28:40   
silver knight

Prologue

“This boy looks interesting” I heard a voice say. I couldn't see anything, but for some reason I knew there were four people around me. Something about their body heat stood out. Wait... body heat? How could I tell if someone was around just by a subtle difference like body heat. I must be one of the freaks all over the news, but what use would I be? Why did they want me anyway? I was nothing special I mean I got good grades, but I wasn't anywhere near a genius.

“He seems to be coming back to this world. Give him another shot of that stuff doc” another voice said. It reminded me of someone insane, without a hint of remorse. Who in the world would experiment on a teenager. Let alone someone like me. I was pretty weak, and a clutz. What use would I be to them. Why not pick someone like a jock, with strength or something they could work with.

“hurry up doctor, the patient seems to have his own thoughts again.” I heard another man say. His voice was different, scared even. A needle punctured my skin, and but nothing happened. There was an awkward silence, and i could hear them shuffle for a bit.

“He seems to have evaporated the serum very interesting.” the doctor said, ”I'll have to do further tests if possible.” I felt another needle, and everything went black even the reddish shapes I saw dimmed out of my vision.

"Where am I?" I said looking around. The room I was in was bare except for a calender, a mirror, and the bed I was sitting on. Standing up, I walked over to the calender and checked the date. 2012? The last year I remembered was 2010, so where did two whole years go? Might as well go on with this new life, maybe i'd be able to find the stuff out if i waited..

"William Aeden, you may leave. We have finished the experiments, and are free to leave." a voice boomed through the room. I recognized the voice as the scared person from the last memory I had.

< Message edited by silver knight -- 8/23/2011 22:15:23 >
DF AQW  Post #: 1
8/12/2011 12:30:31   
silver knight

Chapter one

looking in the mirror I saw that I was dressed in jeans, and a red polo. Well I looked decent enough... Thinking over the events that had happened, I realized I should be more worried, but for some reason I wasn't. “Now where is a door?” I said frustrated, as the mirror glided along the wall revealing an entry way

“What the?” I said poking my head out the doorway. The door headed out to a street, so I carefully stepped out of the building and onto the street. Turning around, I found the building I was just in, was nowhere to be found.

looking around I noticed several specks against the light up in the sky. One came closer, and landed near me. The specks were aliens, or humans that could fly which I wasn't sure yet. The man turned towards me, and did a salute.

“haven't seen you around here. You must be new to superhero city. My name is Snake XZ, but please call me Snake. The XZ part is just designation.” he said. I looked the guy up and down. He was wearing a green mechanical armor, and carried a gun. What kind of police force allowed someone like this to roam the streets?

“What are you?” I asked the strange man standing before me.

“I'll just let you know that I'm what the scientists call a ultraviolet super. Basically I'm a hero. They discovered this like a year ago. By my scanners your a super too. So what's your power?” He asked. I backed up, “oh you didn't know... oh well guess you'll learn your powers soon.”

“Pheonyx! I shall get you!” a digitized voice said from all directions. All the civilians that had gathered around Snake fled, and although I wanted too run something wouldn't let me.

“There you are” a robot said descending from the sky. He seemed to be the source of the voice. Pointing at me, he continued “Pheonyx, I am here for YOU”

Stepping between me, and the robot snake aimed his gun at the robots head ”who are you, and what do you want with this 'Pheonyx' fellow”

The robot seemed too chuckle, wait can a robot chuckle? “I am legion, and I want Pheonyx because he is the last superhero I need”

“Well i'm the only super hero here, but my name is Snake, Snake XZ, and your toast” Snake said shooting the robot.

“Fool,” the robot said absorbing the energy beam the man had shot “The man besides you is my target.” he said charging something in his hand. Extending his arm quickly, he stabbed a robotic claw covered in the same energy into snakes stomach. The arm started to pulse as if absorbing more energy as the blueish glow became more red, and disappeared from sight. Removing his hand from snakes body, I noticed he left behind a blueish orb. It started to pulse, and quickly got to the point where it was flashing in nanoseconds. The ball exploded, and the body of snake seemed to disintegrate in the explosion.

“Now Pheonyx. It is your turn.” Legion said after the smoke from the explosion faded away. I scrambled for something that had fallen from Snakes wrist before the explosion. I grabbed what looked like a watch, and put it on. The watch beeped, and for a few seconds nothing happened.

“calibrated to fit new user” the watch said as a red suit covered my body. Flame designs flashed across the suit, and a belt wrapped itself around me. Under the belt down my legs, and around my neck the red suit became black.

“You found an optical. In my time you didn't have one Pheonyx. Oh well.” Shooting his hand, like I'd seen him do to snake, I thought about the name he had called me. Phoenixes were birds of fire, maybe that meant I had control over flames. That would explain the flames on the suit. “Fire” I yelled shooting a meager flame from my hands. the flame hit Legions hand, and the robot retracted it. Shooting another small ball i aimed at it's head hoping to overheat it. The ball struck, and he stopped.

"OVerheating my circuits?" legion stated plainly "too bad" he shot his arm again, and instinctively i put up my arms. Nothing came. Looking past my crossed arms, i saw a wall of fire forming in front of me. Slashing my arms down the wall flew across the ground covering legion. and to my suprise actually stopping him. The green light that flashed from his eyes faded slowly, until it came apperant he was gone for good. I took a step closer to him, and then fainted.

< Message edited by silver knight -- 8/26/2011 22:49:23 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
8/23/2011 22:12:13   
silver knight

Chapter two

“Hey Kid wake up” Someone said as I felt a slap on my head. Sitting up I noticed I wasn't in the street where I had lost consciousness. The guy who had woken me up with the slap was older by maybe two years, or at least looked like it. His Black hair strung behind him in a ponytail, and his dark eyes gave him a knowing, and sad look. He wore black jeans, and a grey T-shirt so he didn't look that odd other than the fact his eyes gave him a much more ancient feel to him.

“Whats your name?” he said sitting down in a armchair in the corner. Next to it sat small table with a newspaper on it. 'mysterious new hero appears in super city' was the headline.

“My name is William Aeden. I think... ” I answered the strange man. He looked me up and down and I saw his eyes glance to my wrist a couple times as he looked me over.

“Where did you get that?” the man said pointing to the watch thing the vaporized hero had dropped what seemed like only a few moments before.

“This guy named Cobra VY or something like that dropped it. That robot thing just kept coming so I was scared, and on instinct grabbed for it... What is it anyway, and who are you?” I said almost scared by the mans gaze.

“You mean Snake XZ, a fine hero if a bit obnoxious at times. That thing is an optical, a special watch of sorts. I saw the suit form from it during your battle which means you had good intentions.” he said standing up and walking to the door, “Follow me, and you may learn more than you have asked for.” without another choice I followed him out of the small room I had woken up in.

Once I regained my vision from the sun blinding me as I exited I noticed we were in a park, sorta. There were trees, and grass and the only place I could think of that could describe it was a park. In the corner of of the park next to a wall I saw the man sitting cross legged in a rock garden pushing a single rock out of the dozens in it around the sand. Before I could walk over to the man, and follow him like I was told someone grabbed my shoulder.

“Nice to see you awake. I'm Doc Gal. Hero, and Engineer” the man said holding his hand out. I took his hand in mine, and shook it. Before I could say hi though he turned away and walked off. Some Doctor he was. Hoping to not meet any other people I hurried over to the man from the room as quickly as I could.

“Before you ask my name is Azazul,” the man said as I was about to ask him for his name “And yes I can read your mind, but only when the thoughts involve me.”

“Azazul... isn't that a demon or something?” I said sitting outside the rock garden, but across from the man. Trying to figure him out. He could read minds, had the name of a demon, but looked like any other person around the age of twenty.

“Horrible rumor. I am sorry for what I did, but I was never a demon.” he said still pushing rock around. Wait... if he was Azazul from the stories then he'd have to be thousands of years old. Almost as old as civilization itself.

“This is true, and I'm sorry for intruding in your thoughts. It's a bad habit.” he said.

“But if you are that old how come you are here, and why do you look only a few years older than myself?” I asked him.

“I'm immortal, to a degree. That coupled with my other powers made the ancient people believe I was a demon..” Azazul replied finally stopping the rock in the center of a complicated design he had drawn.
“Your powers are fire from what the fight looked like, and you can recover from wounds almost as quickly as I can. You'll need training though.” He said tossing a rock to me. Placing the rock down on the sand I looked at him, and he nodded down towards the rock. The edges of my vision started to blur, and looking down I noticed the rock had a picture of a bird on it, and that I had placed it where three lines of his design had come together.

“Thank you. Now to learn more about yourself” Azazul said as he too disappeared from my sight. The only things I could see was the single rock now, and it wasn't going anywhere.

“Learn more about myself?” I asked standing up. Looking down I noticed I was wearing the suit from before, and that I wasn't standing on grass like I should have been, but bare dirt that seemed to stretch beyond the white.
DF AQW  Post #: 3
9/10/2011 0:24:13   
silver knight

Chapter Three

Hours of wandering the forsaken void, and nothing not even a speck of black in the whiteness that sorrounded me. Nothing, and it was making me mad. Kneeling down to bang the ground, the white seemed to fade into a city. I could see skyscrapers, and banks, a few people flying around. Then it happened, an explosion happened not a few buildings away knocking out the windows from the bank.

I stared as someone who looked just like me stepped out from the now windowless building, and with a bag of money in hand ran. I chased him until I cought up with him, but when i went to stop him i couldn't. My hand passed through the other me, and all i could do was keep on chasing him. Hopefully if i followed him i'd find more out.

"Where is he going, and what is going on" I said since nobody could see me I hoped they couldn't hear me, and my voice was oddly soothing.. That other person looked like me, but on the otherhand he was a villain. He wore a Flame suit very much like mine but darker flames, and a dark red cape draped over his shoulder. He didn't wear a Optical like i had wrapped around my wrist, but he didn't seem to need one.

Summoning a tiny fire, and setting it to follow him he blasted open a small hole in a door, and walked in. I followed since really I felt this was the best way to find out more. If these were my memories then i'd hopefull learn something. There he walked through the halls, as i followed, and ended up into a room. Four figures sat in the shadows, and the other me started to talk. I recognized them from the last memory before i had awoken in the room. The 4 people hovering over me. They felt the same crazy, but intelligent.

"I've completed the mission. Here is the money you requested." the other me said. He dropped into a kneel, and placed a sack in front of him.

"Good job William" the man said. "Now you know that in a month your memory will be locked, and you shall be free. You've more than paid off your debts."

"About time if you ask me. In the four years i've been here you've never once told me why i was working for you four." With that sent a small spark at the bag of money, and set it on fire.

"See you later or hopefully not." the other me said exiting the room. The four shadowy men started to whisper, and the only words i could make out were "kill" and "get rid of" So that explained my memory loss, but if this had happened then why did it happen. Why was i paying back some debt that even the me from the memory couldn't remember. The shapes, and figures around me started to fade, and I found myself sitting crosslegged in front of Azazul. My right hand still sat on the rock with the bird carved into it.

"So how was the Mindscape" he asked with a straight face. He knew something would happen, but I was not in the mood for talking to this guy. Everything was going too fast I needed time, i needed space. Without reply I got up, and ran until I couldn't run any more. Too much, too quickly. I didn't even see the edge before I fell. The events played back in my head. I was an idiot wasn't I.

< Message edited by silver knight -- 9/10/2011 0:30:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 4
10/13/2011 22:07:40   
silver knight

Chapter Four

I could see the ground continue to grow larger as I continued to fall.

"Pheonyx, huh some bird I am. If only..." I started to say as it hit me. Focusing my mind on wings of fire I felt myself slowing the air. Sprouting from my back were two wings of pure fire. How they were holding my up I had no idea since they were only fire, but how could I complain.

"William Aeden. I'm here to Kill you." I heard a man say, but I was hundreds of feet above the ground, how could someone talk to me. Turning around in the sky was a bit of a challenge, but once I managed it I found myself face to face with a man with brown hair tied back into a ponytail, and cold grey eyes. Wearing a suit he seemed like the kind of guy who would have fun at a party for the rich. He floated in the middle of the air, just standing there.

"The name is Vatic, and I was hired to 'remove' you. You were such a nice kid before they got to you. Too bad." He said taking a few steps towards me. In a flash we were on the ground in a large field. How that had happened I had no idea.

"I defeated that Robot, and I can defeat you too." I said trying to replicate the wall of fire that had melted the robots interior, and exterior. All I could muster was a few sparks that barely burned his suit.

"The robot was a fluke. How you defeated anyone in your state I would not know." He said snapping. My head started to feel like it was splitting, ten times worse than a migraine. Standing up I focused on an image of a wall of fire, and tried to replicate to an extent how I had summoned the wings. As I swung my arms down the fiery wings at my side split into feathers that shot towards him. Not what I was expecting, but hey it worked.

"You actually singed my suit." the man said brushing off the ash. I fell to my knees as he snapped again.

"I'm guessing your new to town." I heard a new voice say as the terrible feeling in my head faded away. I heard a thud, and could barely look up to see Vatic on the ground knocked out. By the time I could look around for the guy who had saved me, he was gone.

"Thanks." I said as I started to walk towards the distant town on the horizon. I'd find a way to repay the people who had saved me from both situations, that I swore.
DF AQW  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) Rise of the Flames
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition