Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Blood Mage's Random Skill Tree

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage's Random Skill Tree
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/1/2011 9:20:30   
altimatum

we need a physical shield this skill isn't a matter of no smoke or malf (though that isn't good, but we can manage) but defense is left in the dust... i don't care if it's an offense lean class, you forgot this skill

if tm's had a hard time casting, why should bloodmages get those skills?

Skills that need change:

Plasma bolt changed to a physical shield- we already have this energy cannon thing, and as i've said before, why would we need a weaker version of the same costly, ineffective move now that we don't have malf or reroute to back it?

Plasma rain to bludgeon- then we wouldn't have a multi skill, but then again, bludgeon would fit better in a blood mage tree.

Super Charge- well at this point i'm sounding unreasonable and others will probably ask why should bloodmages get a new ultimate. if we don't get a new one, atleast up the damage 10 points... it'd still be useless but atleast it's worthlessness is aleviated.
Post #: 51
7/1/2011 9:35:01   
Silver Sky Magician

@above

There is no plasma bolt. Fireball is physical and improves with strength. That is its significance. The new plasma cannon is, obviously, energy.

I'm fine with the suggestion to swap plasma rain with bludgeon, but improving super charge seems a little unfair if its not applied to the current mage class as well. Moreover super charge would be OP at the low levels if it is buffed so drastically. A different method of buffing is needed (and whether a buff is really needed is an issue of contention)

@Hun Kingq

It's a level 1 fireball and plasma cannon. Even a strength BH/tech merc would probably get similarly low damage. And Titan isn't an active player, so there isn't much incentive for him to switch to a better class. Maybe he just likes being a tech mage (though his NPC skill set is closer to a blood mage).

Moreover there are known bugs with the blood mage, and your description of energy shield reducing fireball's damage could be pure RNG or a bug. If the RNG cannot explain the reduction in damage, then do report the bug.

As for reroute, it was probably deemed that reroute + bloodlust would be OP, and since the developers wanted to put in bloodlust, reroute had to go. And arguably bloodlust is more useful to the blood mage than reroute.
Post #: 52
7/1/2011 9:42:17   
Nebula

Blood Mages don't have Plasma Bolt. If you mean Fireball, it is a great skill and should stay.
Although Supercharge is weak, it probably should stay because the other classes didn't get new Ultimate skills.
I think a new multi or new stun skill would be good. Prefferably a new stun because Blood Mage isn't really a 2v2 class anyway.

But maybe swapping Plasma Rain with Bludgeon could work. I'd love to have that gem of a skill back. =3
Post #: 53
7/1/2011 10:21:52   
kittycat

The only way we can reduce Smoke Screen's effectiveness is getting Assault Bot. It is the only way.
AQ MQ  Post #: 54
7/1/2011 10:22:19   
altimatum

oh my bad on the plasma bolt, but on the issue of physical shields: should reflex boost be added to help land blows?
Post #: 55
7/1/2011 11:26:24   
DeathGuard

Most sat that a strength build with bloodlust will do awesomeness? Then why don't you use it? Fools!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
7/1/2011 11:34:04   
goldslayer1

quote:

@goldslayer: i don't need to imagine,if berzerker hits 80,with max bloodlust i would regain 18.4 health. Woo-hoo.

well grats u did the math. no add that to the strike, fireball. and gun with DA.

quote:

They need to switch around plasma rain and overload, another skill that they cut and paste, Blood Lust, Combine that with reroute, giving us health when we strike and energy when we get attacked. Make intimidation affect all stats. Allow the Blood Mage to combine a physical and energy armor.

reroute and bloodlust combine would be OP. they would get more hp allowing them to last longer getting more energy from reroute allowing them to deal more attacks to get more healthj from bloodlust. basically its an attack loop pattern by abusing both of these. and it would be OP.
just accept the fact that strength builds aren't suppose to have high % (unless ur a str bh)
when str mercs were getting 80-85% with npcs people were like "ohh no nerf them they are OP"
when bloodmage gets 80%-85% its "ohh no they are UP buff them"
-.- seriously its a strength builds its not suppose to get u high % but it will get u fast kills.
i only wish people realize that part.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 7/1/2011 11:39:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
7/1/2011 12:50:25   
Agiluz

quote:

Titan himself is still a Tech Mage so if the Blood Mage was to be better, why hasn't he switched?

Well (Titan NPC) is already a kind of a blood mage while the real Titan is still a tech mage to fool people that hes a tech mage as a NPC xD
Post #: 58
7/1/2011 12:53:55   
BurningFlames

If you have the Stun Guns and Max Deadly Aim It is EXACTLY Equal damage to max Fireball... Fireball isn't that great, but I will say it's good because it's unblockable!

And I would like to see Super Charge Replaced and a New Skill Revolved around STR similar to massacre possible "Fire Charge" (Too Follow Fire Ball) If it has the same properties as Massacre some people might say it's OP, but We don't have Smoke or Malf so it should be fair game! I hope someone sees this and it can be the new revolution of Mages!

< Message edited by BurningFlames -- 7/1/2011 12:56:31 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 59
7/1/2011 12:56:29   
Soda Pop

I actually saw XxTankmagexX in a double battle :p

Anyways, I don't see what the problem with blood mage is. It's sure as hell a lot easier to use than techmage and imo better than both bounty hunter variants.
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/1/2011 12:57:30   
BurningFlames

I'm not saying they're bad But they did get the small end of the stick. A simple idea like I suggest ^ Would put them back in the game!
AQW Epic  Post #: 61
7/1/2011 12:59:18   
Soda Pop

It wouldn't matter cuz we have enough good skills to dump our points into :p

Fireball, Deadly Aim, Bloodlust, Zerker, Assimilation...
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
7/1/2011 13:07:14   
BlueKatz

BM is crazily strong. Another version of BH, if you have better gears, you win
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 63
7/1/2011 13:19:24   
SummonerBrandon

How many times do I have to say this? Blood Mages are the mystical version of a regular mercenary. Blood Mages are able to regain health like a bounty hunter, use strong, physical attacks while at the same time, they are able to ignore defenses. Super Charge and Plasma Cannon are able to ignore defense and I am assuming that the staff took away reroute for this reason. The only way that you can actually regain energy is through energy packs; They only cost 20-34 credits, SO BUY THEM! Sometimes, you have to buy those packets in order to back up some of the weaknesses that your class has. The Blood Mage are the stronger version of a Bounty Hunter in the healing aspect.

As for me, I am staying a Tech Mage because I am not a brute person but I am stating my opinion and perspective from each side and tell them what needs to be done.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 64
7/1/2011 13:26:51   
BurningFlames

I'm sorry to tell you that the Blood Mage has no proper way of ignoring defenses Sure Super Charge And Plasma Cannon Might do that but the blood mage is pretty much str based and those skills are then rendered useless. If they don't make some change to this class it will be weaker to others of equal value ( Equal Equipment and lvl)
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
7/1/2011 13:39:49   
The Astral Fury

what i find is many oppenents have high tec and dex so our attacks do low damge 4 blood mage we need a malfuntion or smoke screen like the other clases cause if we cant reduce their defanse were sccerewed big time but like the combo of energy and physical
say if u use a energy wepond they have high tec u cant do much damge and u try to d a firebal or physical they have high dex we need something to weaken them

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 7/1/2011 13:42:12 >
DF AQW  Post #: 66
7/1/2011 18:43:33   
Hun Kingq

Thing is too many players are focused on just 1vs1 last time I checked we have 2vs2, juggernaut, and the new 2vs1 and when your energy gets low enough where 5 points from Assimilation is not enough you are screwed. So saying combining Blood Lust and Reroute will be overpowered is a misconception and players that say it is really don't want the mage to get the advantage because they don't play the Mage all the time plus if the damage you inflict is low then you get back little health and if you are blocked you get back no health and if damage upon you is low then you get back little energy and if you block you get back no energy. When you have to save energy justt in case it is not a quick kill, which will start happening soon, especially if the merc boost their health so high that you run out of energy while they get more energy from reroute giving them a chance to heal or use their skill attacks over and over again. Yes i know it is fireball I was thinking of Plasma Bolt at the same time.

"As a Blood Mage, you will be able to use the devastating Plasma Cannon, which includes a 25% chance for critical strike and ignores 20% of your opponent’s resistance."

My Level 1 Plasma Cannon shows 27-33 energy Damage and when I only get 6 each time on first strike that is a huge drop from 27-33 so either the programmers math is screwed up or there is seriously something wrong with the program.

Unless Blood Lust and reroute was combined we cannot judge if it would make the Blood Mage Over Powered or give them a better fighting advantage so don't discredited something or make assumptions that cannot be proven yet.

If the Tech mage was living batteries then the Blood Mage should have been Aggressive living Batteries. To evolve something is to improve so an improvement of energy reroute would be an energy/health reroute.

To add the tact merc has Frenzy which at level 10 72% damage to health so with reroute they get both health and energy return and you say the programmers did not want a class to have both becuse it would make them over powered but the merc class got both so I guess they wanted to make them the only over powered class. I seen one merc with max hybrid, max reroute and max frenzy.

I just did a 2vs2 used the Plasma Cannon on a strength merc with low resistance and I only got 7 points of damage, a big drop from 27-33.

Day 1 of delta Berzerker was not blocked once and today it was blocked three different matches when blocked there goes the advantage and your energy so now with that going be another frequently blocked skill how would a combined Blood Lust\Reroute be Over Powered?

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 7/1/2011 22:10:02 >
Epic  Post #: 67
7/2/2011 17:48:08   
Hun Kingq

I was retraining my Lower Level Blood Mage wanting only 40 support with max Deadly Aim then next thing I know Max Deadly Aim requires 42 support so that indicates they don't want the mage have high strength, good defense/resistance or get the extra power from Dead unless we meet the requirement so for 42 points for support what sta to sacrifice to be more vulnerable?
Epic  Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Blood Mage's Random Skill Tree
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition