Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/5/2011 10:07:55   
IsaiahtheMage

Ok you want my ideas? Give bloodmage DA a small % buff. Replace Assimilation with Reflex Boost. Since Frenzy has been introduced. Give Blood lust a small % buff.
AQW Epic  Post #: 51
7/5/2011 17:05:34   
Hun Kingq

That is all I wanted people just put ideas down. I something is Over powered let the programmers decide not all this going back in forth and since so many threads are about the other class bashing it should not be here at all.

If you look at the points on the armor they are at Defense and tech which because of more points in Health and Energy we have very little in Defense and basically making the Blood Mage a sitting for reagular strikes without blocks. If the enhacement points are to high the programmers can lower it. So instead of bashing my idea of a good armor come up with your own.

So can we just post ideas without bashing, flaming or degrading other players idea is that really so much to ask?
Epic  Post #: 52
7/5/2011 17:49:08   
edwardvulture

^The idea of an Oped armor just for blood mages? Doesn't that sound a little selfish?
Anyways, Blood mages were the most Oped in theory. The reason why Tactical Mercs were buffed so hard was so that it could beat Armor Hazard. (I think)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
7/5/2011 17:55:13   
Nebula

@Isiah Get rid of Assimilation? Really? Its Blood Mage's only way of taking away energy and it's a good skill for the class as well. Intimidate should get replaced with Reflex Boost, imo.
Post #: 54
7/5/2011 18:01:11   
IsaiahtheMage

@Nebula Well the energy drain is small and it only helps against STR BH and SUP,STR Mercs. But with the 3 new classes the tide has changed. Assimilation is not that useful anymore. Also with Intimidate they can nerf thos pesky STR TLM.
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
7/5/2011 22:17:57   
Glen

People understand better by seeing, instead of reading.
I made my own custome build for what Blood Mage should be.
It is the bottom build, the left one is how the Blood Mage skill tree is now, and the right one is how Blood Mage should be, in my eyes.
Its either Hybrid Armor or Blood Armor.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1160/classchangeideasbuild.png

Oh, and the top one was for the Tac Merc, but I don't think it will work out.

IMG tags removed. Please don't use them in posts. A link to it is good enough. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 7/5/2011 23:32:44 >
DF  Post #: 56
7/5/2011 22:23:41   
voidance

Hell no to that ^......I don't want to have to have overload and plasma rain just to get to deadly aim like it is for tech mages.
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
7/5/2011 22:29:42   
Glen

If I rememeber correctly,

Deadly Aim improves with Strength
Plasma Rain improves Techology.
Overload improves with Dexterity.

Please correct me if im wrong.
DF  Post #: 58
7/5/2011 22:34:37   
Luna_moonraider

IMO super crap srry i mean super charge should be changed into some other skills.

@ Glen
This is the skill tree i would Prefer for tlc merc because it nerfs all types of tlc mercs

Luna's skill three for tlc merc

Tier 1:FM /Ds /Hybrid
Tier 2:maul/Bs or Es/Frenzy
Tier 3;smoke/ss/as
Tier 4:Reroute/atom/Pg

keys: FM- field medic
Ds- double strike
Bs- blood shield
Es- Energy shield
ss- surgical
as- arty
pg- poison nade

links: FM-maul-smoke
Ds-bs/es-ss
ss-reroute
ss- atom
ss-Pg
hybrid- Frenzy- as

i hope they use this skill three as this skill tree will 1) prevent tanks from maxing hybrid and reroute and have 7-6 smoke. 2) frenzy smoke str mercs still do not have a chance to use frenzy and smoke easy. 3) support mercs cant use smoke+ arty combo easily. 4) malf can affect tlc mercs robots or tech base skill. 5) tanks will not have technician to make thier robo become godlike.

now for the blood mage skills your blood mage skill tree is worse than the current blood mage skill tree. we are not nerfing blood mage we r trying to buff them. will post my improved version of blood mage skill.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 7/5/2011 22:57:08 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 59
7/5/2011 22:36:28   
Soda Pop

Deadly aim doesn't improve, Glen
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
7/5/2011 22:37:23   
edwardvulture

Blood shield goes perfect with blood mage, but maybe a physical version
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
7/5/2011 22:39:51   
Soda Pop

^If they do put that in they should call it Blood Barrier
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
7/5/2011 22:52:46   
Glen

Your right, Deadly Aim doesn't improve with any stat.

But, the higher your Strength, the more powerful it is, isen't it?

< Message edited by Glen -- 7/5/2011 23:08:48 >
DF  Post #: 63
7/5/2011 23:23:02   
Hun Kingq

edwardvulture, Then put your idea down of armor to improve defense and resistance of the Blood Mage instead of copying something from another class.

We need stuff that does not use energy or health, that will boost defence and resistance and what would the skill tree look like?

Since no one else wanted to crete a thread for ideas for the two new classes I will create those as weel so you could post ideas pertaining to those classes.

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 7/6/2011 0:03:37 >
Epic  Post #: 64
7/5/2011 23:29:37   
Soda Pop

@Glen That's the wrong way of looking at it. That would be like saying cheap shot improves with strength, or that deadly aim improves with support (not as a requirement, but as a improvement as there's a lower chance of deflect)
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
7/5/2011 23:31:38   
edwardvulture

^The armors have to be equal for all classes or there would be more complaining. As for the skill BLood Barrier(name by soda pop) it could be just a blood shield but green. Simple as that, BM's get a shield.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
7/6/2011 0:40:41   
Glen

I don't see how that is a wrong way of looking at it. I can understand the support and deadly aim relationship (deflection/critical).
But not Strength.

Isn't this true?
60X25%=15 < 80X25%=20

Strength does make Deadly Aim stronger, the higher your strength is, the more damage output, the less strength, the lower the damage output. Of corse not everyone looks a it like that, but you can't ignore that fact.
DF  Post #: 67
7/6/2011 3:53:31   
BlueKatz

No, DA only raise base on the Bonus damage of the gun, not include the STR bonus
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 68
7/6/2011 6:14:34   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

I don't understand why you insist on a form of defense that does not require the usage of energy or health; Blood Barrier sounds quite decent to me.

P.S. Please try to change your aim to balance instead of purely buffing the mage class, as the mage class is seriously perfectly fine as it is (though the blood mage might need a source of physical defense). The reason why I don't bother to engage in long arguments with you anymore is simply that...you can't see reason. No offense.
Post #: 69
7/6/2011 6:20:40   
BlueKatz

I wonder if we get a lot of Physical Staff next updates with BM
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 70
7/6/2011 7:51:59   
The Astral Fury

all it really needs is a smoke screen or malfunction or would that be over powering it

DF AQW  Post #: 71
7/6/2011 7:59:20   
ZirakogluED

Blood mage's can actually be pritty powerfull,just not alot think about creating fresh new builds :)
I have like atleast 3 types of builds that bm could be op'ed with
~Z
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
7/6/2011 8:05:59   
King FrostLich

Blood Mage is already a good class. Berserker and bloodlust is a deadly combo already and have you even tried a support blood mage build WITHOUT gamma bot? It's alot challenging when using the blood mage class since bloodlust is there.

Epic  Post #: 73
7/6/2011 17:33:14   
Hun Kingq

Why do the Blood Mages have to have something that uses health or another thing that uses energy? Does the Blood Mage have enough things that uses a large amount of energy as it is. Players think they need high strength to get the power but I found out that at the lower strength the amount of damage I inflicted greater.

Since Assimilation is the most Blocked skill. I found out that Berzerker is the 2nd most Blocked skill and always at the wrong time so the chance to block the Berzerker of the Blood Mage should be decreased.
Epic  Post #: 74
7/6/2011 18:31:02   
king julian

I just have to say NO cause u are just asking for way too much seirously.
quote:

The second option Make Assimilation unblockable, they could leave it at the same cool down or one less turn to
make equal with static charge, take away the same amount of energy but instead of 5 back make
4x the amount back so at Level 10 the Mage would get 40 points back.

we have assimilation at 10 just to effect our enemys and if we got 40 points that would be crazy if this even went through the dev's heads they would be like i am crazy. The "delta armor" is also laugh-able its like u want a super not even fair class that just depends on str and support its rely were u seem to me heading u cant seem to see how it wont happen. Super charge is fine it will stay that way and i have found a very effective way of using it. Plasma rain is the same as artillary same energy same scale everything the only difference is it improves with tech and dose energy damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition