Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2011 18:53:38   
rej

heres all bm really needs to be on par and/or better than the other classes:

replace technician with field commander. replace intimadate with malfunction.

< Message edited by rej -- 7/6/2011 18:54:02 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
7/6/2011 19:17:46   
Hun Kingq

king julian, This thread is to put your own ideas not to be critical of another so what is your idea because it is starting to be quit clear that many players don't have any or have enough insight to be creative and come up with their own or its players that plays another class that don't want to see another class improve because they want easy wins. Did you know that is at Level 10 Assimilation. So going down to Level 1 it could start at 5 return energy.
Level 2 = 8 return energy
level 3 =24 return energy
Do you understand now or do I have to create a list. The Blood Mage has nothing to increase defense or resistance without using energy so tell me why can't the Mage have one armor that covers both defense and resistance and that is a problem for the ones that are not of the Blood Mage class. Everyone always wants a challenge but they don't want a class to improve to get that challenge.

So instead of judging and tearing apart someone else's ideas be creative and come up with your own and post it that is what I created this thread and the other two threads for.
Epic  Post #: 77
7/6/2011 19:29:09   
IsaiahtheMage

@Hun Kingq No. People put down your idea because yours will make them Oped. If nearly everyone who comes to your thread says this will make Mages Oped what does this mean? Not even everyone is the same class. Not everyone even wants free wins. So what your saying is not true. You know this will make Mages Oped but you deny it because you don't want anyone to know you want imbalance. But if you actually do think this will not make Mages Oped... then like someone said in their previous post you can not see reason. No offence. But the point of ED GD is to discuss things all ED relalated and since this idea relates to ED. We discuss our opinions about it. That is what you asked for when you posted it here. Peoples opinions and ideas. If you just wanted ideas this would not be a Discussion but just another suggestion thread.
AQW Epic  Post #: 78
7/6/2011 20:24:28   
Calogero

instead of ' changing ' skills and whatever...
Why not think about much simpeler things.

Example would be like a Defence ignore % or a skill or something.

I know that there is Plasma Cannon, but seeing it improves with tech, it's not really suitable in a STR build.
As a Blood Mage, I only do High damage ( on same lvl Varium people ) when they eather have low defences ( rarely )
or when I rage berserk

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
7/6/2011 20:29:57   
Hun Kingq

Thing is all what players are doing is putting down anothers persons ideas without coming up with an idea of their own and if that is all what they do then it is quite clear that they don't have any and can not come up with any or want to make sure nothing better comes out, let's say better than founders armor. Are you a programmer you say someones idea will make something over powered then write the code and show us and if you can't leave that judgement for Titan and the programmers to decide.

Too make things more clear about the assimilation Idea the max energy return will be 40 that if they get 10 points of energy let's say they only take away 2 points then they get 8 but the max amount of points to be taken away is 10 and it will still have a cool down while reroute does not. People say 40 is too much but they are thinking it will be every round. When I come up with ideas it is ideas for 2vs2, 1vs1, boss battles, or any other battles.

Think about this when you get smoked you dex is so low let's say down to 8-12 points that you have no defense with just 13 little points so with those 13 points you have 21-25 a really big jump. Right now does the Blood mage have anything at all to increase their defenses?
Epic  Post #: 80
7/6/2011 20:38:56   
Midnightsoul

first of all, BL and DA make a seriously deadly combo. u do more dmg with ur gun AND u heal more thanks to ur gun. second, mages could defend themselves with intimidate which u get to strike AND lasting for a nice four turns AND its energy cost is lower than other debuff moves. also, try using a str build without fireball and instead, a bezerker/intimidate with high passives. make sure u have high str and a moderate amount on the rest of the stats. ur str dmg would be best at 16-20 or 21-26. (u can try 18-22 if u cant make it to 21-26 and u have too much leftovers) maybe have moderately low support and use it for high hp. 110 preffered. well, if u eatched some of Xendran's youtube vids about juggernaut, you will see the effect of BM.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
7/7/2011 4:12:01   
theholyfighter

Suggestions
1.Intimufate---Reflex Boost
2.Mix Reroute and Blood Lust
3.Assimilation---Field Commander
AQW Epic  Post #: 82
7/7/2011 6:55:18   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

That isn't a good reason for not requiring energy or health. Every single skill (except passives) of every class, excluding static charge and assimilation. Besides, you have not addressed why requiring health (which the suggestion of Blood Barrier does) is not viable, especially since Blood Mages have Bloodlust.

Moreover you being a programmer has absolutely nothing to do with you understanding what constitutes balance, evidently. And criticism is (generally) needed so that better suggestions can be given. I say generally because (no offense) your suggestions are really too ridiculous to be taken seriously by anyone, so actually everyone can just ignore you and the end result in terms of implementation will be the same.

Just for the record, with the exclusion of unblockable skills and defensive skills, no skill has a greater chance to hit than another. If you maintain otherwise, consider the small sample size syndrome. And did you forget to take into account the different stats and skills of the different players you tested your skills on?

To be clear, my suggestion is the Blood Barrier idea, which was originally proposed by another poster before me. Blood Barrier is a physical version of Blood Shield.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 7/7/2011 6:56:19 >
Post #: 83
7/7/2011 17:03:34   
Hun Kingq

How does the Blood barrier Lasts 1, 2, 3, 4 or does it stayy on the whole battle because the mage class never had anything stay on the whole battle and that is why I came up with the combo armor, that way a new itam without messing with the skill tree and instead of having a constructure discussion saying I think this is a better idea " ", they chastise and degrade someone else's idea. So instead of just saying something is over powered tell everyone what your idea and why is it better.

What skill would the Blood barrier replace.

So now everyone see that I did not degrade and chastise his idea but showed him respect and asked questions.
Epic  Post #: 84
7/7/2011 18:37:40   
H4ll0w33n

skill tree= no, passives need to remain in same tier.

delta armor just for blood mages= discrimination at other classes and too OPed :P

reroute+bloodlust will give you 3 passives= no

assimilate buff= no, too OPed and it will make atom more useless

Super Charge= 3 hits in alpha was way too OPed and costing less energy for a stronger hit is not good

Plasma rain= same damage as artiliary yes but not 2 hits so its identical to it.

deadly aim less sup req=yes

No its tier 2 and just like bunker, no need for improvements

fireball improv DOT=no its tier 1

You can't say these ideas will make the Blood Mage Over Powered if it has not been tested and implemented.
we can say those ideas can be Overpowered in theory.
Post #: 85
7/7/2011 18:44:29   
edwardvulture

They're already pretty good besides the fact that plasma rain and overload is never used. The only change is that they need a physical shield of some sort like I suggested.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
7/7/2011 18:57:11   
Calogero

I actualy wonder why they putted plasma rain and overload in it =/

They have been saying non stop It's a High damage Class yet they put 2 skills in it that are rather useless

If only they changed one of the 3th Tier skill into a Defence ignoring Attack to give it that little extra boost
in can use against tanks

< Message edited by andy123 -- 7/7/2011 18:59:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
7/7/2011 19:29:01   
BlueKatz

It's kinda obvious why they must put those 2 skills in, because every class need Multi and Stun move

i will trade Multi stun or STR nerf skill for reflex boost though because they say BM base on agility (not that HP cap though)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
7/7/2011 19:44:49   
Hun Kingq

H4ll0w33n, My suggestion does not mean that the other classes will not get there own special kind of armor my suggestion here is to help boost the the Blood Mages defense and resistance without adding a new non passive skill to the tree that takes up even more points we have enough of that. Think of a better armor than that, that will give a boost to defense and resistance and post it. Many times when I go into battle I have to make a tough decision whether to put on physical or energy armor and when I choose physical then I am put into battle against opponents with energy based weapons and when I choosed energy I am put into battle against opponents with physical weapons, So why do we have to have a new skill that takes up points or have to choose which armor to use? Or like the new boss has both energy and physical attacks and a combo armor would be great in that battle. Delta is about change how about a new type of armor.

If you have an armor suggestion for the other classes to compete with the armor I suggested than post it on the other idea threads.

Everyone has their own theory of what is over powered and until it is implemented their theory is just a theory.

Does increasing defense or resistance increase the power of the side arm?
Does increasing defense or resistance increase the power of the Aux?
Does increasing defense or resistance increase the power of the staff?
Does increasing defense or resistance increase the power of the fireball?
Does increasing defense or resistance increase the power of the Assimilation?
Does increasing defense or resistance increase the power of the Deadly Aim?

What does an armor do or increases?

In real life if your wearing body armor and someone shoots you with a taser hits the body armor do you get shocked and if another person shoots you in the body armor at the same time will a typical bullet go through?

Epic  Post #: 89
7/7/2011 21:42:19   
king julian

the only thing blood mages need is a good defensive skill or better know as dexterity lots of dexterity i mean we where not give a defensive skill cause we need to rely of dex its pretty obvious and with good dex u have good technicain and assult bot rely helps a lot to so im gonna use my brain to think my self around these "problems"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
7/7/2011 23:56:53   
Colarndo

BM is the only class who does not have a debuff to make their multi hit harder. Even then players do not play blood mage to use their multi. Just remove the multi and add something else that we might use.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 91
7/8/2011 0:14:14   
HellsCupid

Nice armour Bro, way to be Over-powered
Epic  Post #: 92
7/8/2011 0:29:43   
jiv1995

This idea is simply horrible o_o Why give Blood Mages an armor like that when they're perfectly fine now? All it takes is to use some form of brain power to create a good build. Not to mention, the backlash on creating such an amor would be /horrific/. Why give Blood Mages that can strike so high already a super-armor? They simply don't need it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
7/8/2011 7:49:04   
Hun Kingq

Players are saying out of one corner of their mouths the Blood Mage needs better defense and resistance then an idea of an armor comes out with, EXAMPlE, stats how it should look to improve defense and resistance then out of the other corner oh no that will make them over powered and not come up with an armor idea of their own.

Delta armor for each class needs to be better with better stats then ALL previous armors and since it is the first it should be the best. If the programmers implement it the stats should be kept higher then all previous armors and it should give bonus points to defense and resistance.

Instead of saying my idea is over powering or horrible then come up with an armor that gives bonus points to defense and resistance.

The Blood Mage don't always get the same high damage over and over again for berzerker, and it is blocked quite often especially on the first rage, people see it get high damage that is because that player either uses it at rage or at high levels take a look at their energy when they use it so with all energy gone then only thing left is weapons and if you get deflections then you get low damage while the other player gets high damage because of low resistance/defense. For intimidation to make a difference it has to be on level 5 or higher and it take up energy so you have a choice either use it twice, Intimidation once heal once, Intimidation once berzerker once, and so on.
Epic  Post #: 94
7/8/2011 7:56:33   
Monstrocon

The only thing I agree with is the skill tree setup. The rest is completely unacceptable.

Remove deadly aim requirements.
The armour is better if it gives say +5 def +5 res. Makes more sense. Should give a total of 15 stats. This should apply to Mages only.

Off topic: An armour for Hunters same thing as BM.
An armour for Mercs = no need.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 95
7/8/2011 7:59:43   
Nebula

Why does everyone suggest getting rid of ASsimilation? What do you want Blood Mage to be unable to take energy away? And most of you are wanting it replaced with a crappy skill like Field Commander. Seriously? Field Commander is the most useless buff in the game, why do you think Mercs never use it? Assimilation is a good skill, leave it be.
Post #: 96
7/8/2011 8:26:42   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

Blood Barrier would last as long as Blood Shield, which is a whopping 5 turns. And 4 out of the 6 classes don't have a passive defense, so I don't see why Blood Mages would need it. Blood Barrier could replace Plasma rain, since overload is still quite useful for stuns.
Post #: 97
7/9/2011 1:18:30   
T.600

I would love to see blood mages having malfunction. If they had malf, they could use a strength build with a similar concept to the strength bounty :D.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
7/9/2011 2:48:11   
endtime

Blood Mages might benefit more from smoke screen. Smoke Screen would increase accuracy for strikes, plus Firebolt is physical.
AQW Epic  Post #: 99
7/9/2011 2:51:52   
Fatal Impact

A defense buff would be nice for the blood mage to have, the reason I switched from a bloodmage to a tactical merc was because they had no way to defend against high strength bounty hunters.
Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4] 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class
Page 4 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition