Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/10/2011 21:06:08   
Hun Kingq

Another idea, how about a resurection skill. Cllick on it you come back to life with full health and energy or if your in 2vs2 your partner goes down and click on that skill they come back to life with full energy and health.
Epic  Post #: 101
7/10/2011 22:47:23   
warfarfick

Str BM is good enough already. What if you try a high str build using an energy primary, physical sidearm aux of your choice and max fireball. Since fireball improves with str, it will be a physical alternative to bludgeon. And you can still put berzerker.
Post #: 102
7/11/2011 0:56:51   
Hiddenblade

im a blood mage and i have 85 dex and i still lose to tlm with smoke cause i cant raise my dex or anything thats a real problem. Maybe we could have reflex boost or a completely new skill and we need a debuff BESIDES intimidate
Post #: 103
7/11/2011 1:04:21   
*Nova*

quote:

Another idea, how about a resurection skill. Cllick on it you come back to life with full health and energy or if your in 2vs2 your partner goes down and click on that skill they come back to life with full energy and health.

No. It'll just be endless and way too OP.
DF MQ  Post #: 104
7/11/2011 1:07:31   
Hiddenblade

quote:

No. It'll just be endless and way too OP.

of course it would be just keep spamming it.....
Post #: 105
7/11/2011 7:58:01   
Hun Kingq

Why is it that non-Blood Mages keep saying the Blood Mage is good enough as it is? Players are forgetting the ED law of diminishing returns suppose to start at 55 but it appears to start at 50. Having my defense and resistance lowered constantly as well as having to put a lot of points into dex and tech to get good defense and constantly having to choose between enegy armor or physical armor taking up space in my inventory caused me to come up with the combo armor idea, no energy or health drain, no new skill on the tree to take up more points, it would not increase the blood mage power thus not making the Blood Mage over powered.

So all you players that play the Blood Mage why wouldn't you want the combo armor that doesn't take up space in the inventory, that does not need to be activated, that does not take up health or energy to use, that does not take up maore points from other skills on the tree?

Would you want to have the 13 extra points in 2vs2 or the Juggernaut just in case you get smoked and malfunctioned?

Resurection skill would not be Over Powered but would be funny because just as the opponents think they have the battle won and "say one down," then he rises and they will say, "oh crap!"
Epic  Post #: 106
7/11/2011 8:13:06   
King FrostLich

quote:

So all you players that play the Blood Mage why wouldn't you want the combo armor that doesn't take up space in the inventory, that does not need to be activated, that does not take up health or energy to use, that does not take up more points from other skills on the tree?

Would you want to have the 13 extra points in 2vs2 or the Juggernaut just in case you get smoked and malfunctioned?

Resurection skill would not be Over Powered but would be funny because just as the opponents think they have the battle won and "say one down," then he rises and they will say, "oh crap!"

Hold it right there? Extra 13 points?? Are you crazy? Yes I guess so, that would mean more tougher builds to arise including other stuff to come and about the resurrection skill? How much is its cooldown? Oh I dunno maybe 4 and once you die you get ressurected, you heal and die within the next 5 turns and then just get resurrected and after killing your opponent, he/she can resurrect with FULL hp and mana and the battle is simply endless until one of them refreshes because he/she is bored of resurrecting over and over again.
Epic  Post #: 107
7/11/2011 18:42:33   
Hun Kingq

Think about it if you get smoked and your defense goes down to 8 - 12 and you have that 13 points your still at 21 -25 that is still low defense but at least you have a fighting chance. Players always want a challenge, what would be more challenging than a Blood Mage with better defense and resistance. Players will say it will be easy for them to abuse strength which they are forgetting the ED law of diminishing returns. when of if the programmers create the armor then they could adjust the stats how they want it but it has to be better than all previous armors from the first to the last because we just can't have the small group of players with the only best armor ever created it is time for a more improved armor it is time for the future armor and the future armor is now.
Epic  Post #: 108
7/11/2011 18:55:56   
xxmirxx

I agree here you go
AQ Epic  Post #: 109
7/11/2011 23:47:18   
edwardvulture

@hunkingq Ur idea for an Oped armor just for blood mages is never going to pass. I'm sorry to say that, but the only thing that the devs would so is to make adjustments to the moves.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 110
7/12/2011 7:57:54   
Hun Kingq

Trully you can't say what the programs will and will not do for all we know they already considered and had that armor planned before I even brought it up, players could keep saying its over powered all they want but until it is done, tested, and implemented no one can judge if it increases the power of the Blood Mage, then again players should know that defense and resistance does not improve any skills, does not increase the power of the sword, staff, sidearm, or aux. Remember Over Power is having too much power not too much protection.

Well next thing to improve the blood mage class is a blood mage robot, the robot is selected and does not attack but stops before the opponent, opens up, then all they see is a bright light, then 1000 robots come out and attack eating their health and energy. In 2vs2 stops before the opponents, opens up, then all they see is a bright light, then 1000 robots come out and attack eating their health and energy.
Epic  Post #: 111
7/12/2011 8:04:16   
Silver Sky Magician

^

Hun Kingq, as a programmer shouldn't you know just how much time Nightwraith would take to draw that, the amount of coding Titan would have to do and the amount of lag your suggested robot animation would cause? That kind of robot might even become the most powerful equipment in game by cursing your opponent with lag and making him skip his turn. (jk, but seriously this scenario isn't unthinkable). As pre-emptive clarification, that isn't a suggested effect of the robot, but a side effect of its overly complicated animation. I don't even have the will to comment on your balance suggestions anymore...they have reached the point where they are simply laughably unrealistic.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 7/12/2011 8:06:17 >
Post #: 112
7/12/2011 16:33:43   
Hun Kingq

It would not take long to draw it and the code, a good programmer could come up with the code in a day. balance is so far off balanced why try to balance anything anymore everytime they try, it just gets worse. Give the Blood mage better armor and revamp the skill tree and forget about the balance issue afetr the next update, they will say things are balance and watch something else will be screwed up and that is the wonderful world of Programing.
Epic  Post #: 113
7/13/2011 6:47:18   
Hun Kingq

So many of you concentrated on the numbers of the armors so much you did not want to have a discussion just to say it is over powered didn't ask the requirements or the restrictions well here they go:

Restrictions of the Armor only:
The strength stat (is put out of focus) darkened out or for every Armor enhancement point that is put on strength then it will be 5 to 10 points less damage. The only stats that can be enhanced are Dex, Tech, and support.

So as you can see the Armor will only be used to enhance the Blood Mage protection: defense, resistance, deflection, chance of not being stunned every single match.

With this Armor only things that enhancement points of strength to be allowed is weapons, staff, and swords.

This armor will improve the Blood Mage class and mke them better competetors in the game.
Epic  Post #: 114
7/13/2011 6:50:21   
king julian

blood lust can be replaced with Shadow arts since blood mage lacks defense
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
7/13/2011 7:28:42   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

Drawing one robot, let alone 1000, plus the different positions and animations of each is going to take a great amount of time. Moreover, as stated earlier, that animation would cause great amounts of lag.

Furthermore, with the defenses of your suggested armour, no one would need to invest in enhancing it, hence your restriction is not particularly useful.
Post #: 116
7/13/2011 18:36:35   
Hun Kingq

They could draw one and have the progam multiple it. Latency which is actually called not lag is usually when too much traffic (players) are trying to get onto the servers at once a program which is usually disable when you what better video conference is called CSMA/CD (Carrier Sense Multiple Access / Collision Detection) the up side faster service down side too many collisons and on top of that they improved security features and too many security features will slow down the data transfer rate of the servers.

Enhancing the armor that would be the players choosing and they could save varium or credits for the new weapons coming out. Why have the same exact thing as another class, each class is suppose to be unique and different with the proper amount of defense and resistance to last more than three rounds in battle. Players are stil forgetting ED law of Diminishing returns so the more you abuse strength the less or equal damage you get then at lower levels which I tried. I got greater damage at 45 +48 then at 50 +43 strength when it is suppose to stat at 55 not 50 so they lowered it and did not tell anyone about it.

No one or two classes should be able to beat the other two classes with great ease.

Epic  Post #: 117
7/14/2011 2:38:19   
Silver Sky Magician

@Hun Kingq

...when you mean you got more damage with the former option, do you mean base damage or the observed damage output? You do know that stat diminishing affects the total stats (inclusive of stat boosts) and is not affected by base stats, right?
Post #: 118
7/14/2011 9:47:56   
Hun Kingq

Yes, I know it is total stats and that was the observation of the on the opponent. So the higher you go with base stats to increase your total stats the same or less damage you get or suppose to get. So players should try different base stats to see if putting a lot of points into one stat is just wasting points or they truely are getting more damage when they are not.

So with players want to believe that my armor idea will make the Blood mage over powered it is impossible because the programs have it in the code to make sure that does not happen for the mage claass, it appears the mage classis the only one it affects no other classes.
Epic  Post #: 119
7/14/2011 11:57:57   
king julian

If blood mage was givin shadow arts we should give deadly aim a tech requirment same scale.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
7/14/2011 12:00:33   
Sipping Cider

i still think blood mage is better than bounty hunter since they have blood lust, deadly aim, berserk, assimulation, and fireball.
Epic  Post #: 121
7/14/2011 14:00:34   
MrBones

I just can't believe this thread have reached five pages.
Epic  Post #: 122
7/14/2011 16:14:41   
Hun Kingq

So ED idea of improving the Blood Mage is taking away the only energy stealing skill we had replacing it with Reflex boost another skill that requires 21 points of energy at max and get 15% to no energy back, increasing dex at the high cost of energy, the Blood Mage got ripped off again, only positive is increasing Dex.

So to improve the Blood Mage class they took away Malfunction, reroute (that gave us a variety % regain and now we have only 15% regain no matter what level), and took away the only offensive powerful energy stealing skill we had. Leaving us with the two skills that we never use, Plasma rain and supercharge.

We need something that increased Dex without using energy.

To add if we want to improve Reflex boost we have to add more points to support so it well at least we will meet the high requirement for max Deadly Aim.

We have nothing to lower tech which improves bunker buster and the gamma bot, nothing to lower support, nothing to lower dex, lowering strength, if the opponent uses everything else that does not need strength what is the point of Intimidation if it does not increase the damage when you attack?

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 7/14/2011 16:31:06 >
Epic  Post #: 123
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Improving the Blood Mage Class
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition