Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 1 of 712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/6/2011 17:35:28   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

July 06, 2011
Delta Performance Update
Performance and Art Updates

Hey all! Thank you for making EpicDuel’s Delta release amazing- we really couldn’t have done it without you. It’s awesome to see how many of you defeated my Armor Hazard creation (thanks for that, Ms. Descarl never actually paid me, although I suppose being alive is payment in and of itself...). Because server stability and performance are top priority, this week is going to be primarily about fixes and balance improvements!

Ninja Update!

*whoosh* Did you see that? Late last week we rolled out a “ninja update”- you’ll notice that Titan and Nightwraith are now carrying the Independence weapons, and we also rolled an update to the game engine. The game engine update may have caused problems for some of you, and improved things for others. The game is running more smoothly on our end, though, so it’s ripe for some performance updates!

LAAAAAAG!

Unfortunately, I don’t think that we’ll ever be able to say we’ve completely eliminated lag from the game- even if we give the server hamsters intravenous caffeine injections (believe me, we’ve looked into it). And while we won’t know for sure if our lag problems will be solved with this update, Titan’s at least going to try!

That said, the Lag Monster is a tricky beast, causing numerous other errors ranging from harmless visual bugs to skipped turns. Titan is also working on a solution for the bugs that are effecting battle. These problems are especially hard to recreate because they usually need a server full of 800 people to show up, a scenario that's impossible to recreate on the test server.

Back to bug smashing. *squish*

Renovations

A few of the screens are getting a visual lift too- specifically Valestra’s bar. With all the tokens from the achievements she sells, Valestra’s been able to hire a contractor to come in and fix up the joint. Come on down, check it out, and maybe settle in for a refreshing Energy Potion!

Balancing Act

A lot of you have been complaining about the balance of the new classes. In testing, we were all pretty equal using all 6 classes, and very different builds. However, even hundreds of battles with a handful of testers can't uncover the wide-scale balance issues discovered by the rest of the community. That said, we are going to implement a few changes- we haven’t finalized them yet, so they may not all be this update. We aren’t doing this so that everyone class changes to the current flavor-of-the-month, but to make the game fun for everybody. Remember, we have been buffing and nerfing classes since Alpha, way before class change was even a feature. We sincerely want a variety of classes and builds- not to make one build overpowered over everybody else. That said, each class has its strengths and weaknesses, and some strategies are more effective than others. In PvP, this is unavoidable and not something that should necessarily be changed. The point of balance is not to make everyone the same, but to give everyone an equal opportunity to succeed.

Because we are still testing proposed changes to the classes, we don't want to announce anything specific at this time. Look for a specific list of buffs/nerfs/adjustments as testing progresses.

Tags: Cinderella

Tagged! :) ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 7/6/2011 17:41:24 >
Post #: 1
7/6/2011 17:37:21   
DeathGuard

^Awesome
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
7/6/2011 17:44:49   
Crunchy Reptile

Yaay :D
Post #: 3
7/6/2011 17:45:59   
Ranloth
Banned

To anyone posting about nerfs:
This is where you got a WARNING about changes to classes, it's on FIRST page and you do NOT know what they are yet..
See, classes were tweaked since Alpha times, not just Delta.. Get over it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
7/6/2011 17:48:09   
Wraith

^lolz

Ima go back to 5 focus...I bet strength is getting nerfed D:
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/6/2011 18:03:05   
Tiago X

But no news for Friday? D:
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/6/2011 18:14:22   
Wraith

^Nah nothing new other than valestra's lounge revamp.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/6/2011 18:19:26   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

allrighty.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 8
7/6/2011 18:42:30   
rej

looks like they're acklowledging the lag problem, but havn't gotten around to fixing it yet. oh well, better luck next week
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/6/2011 18:47:28   
IsaiahtheMage

Everything sounds good except for the balancing act. We all know how the devs supposely "balance" things. Their way of balance consist usually of stat requirements and nerfs. Just look at the past few updates back in Gamma and the Stat reduction. By balance they probably mean just nerfing. Even tho Cindy said they will buff CH and BM it is hard to beleive. But I hope they do.
@Trans Yes they have been "tweaked" for a long time. But look at how the Mage class is thanks to their "tweaks". Completey ruined.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 7/6/2011 18:49:01 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
7/6/2011 18:48:20   
Soda Pop

All I want is for tlm to be nerfed. It's the only thing my build can't beat...oddly, I can dismantle str bounties with ease.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/6/2011 18:51:19   
Xendran

Tactical Merc is equivelant to vindictus' Karok.
Does heavy damage and has the best survivability with absolutely no setbacks.

Mages are equivalent to vindictus' Lann class.
Meant to be the dps character who does tons of damage but is frail. Unfortunately mages have to resort to focus tanking / support to win, and even then, every other class except blood mage does focus tanking better than mage does either focus tanking or support

< Message edited by Xendran -- 7/6/2011 18:53:31 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
7/6/2011 18:51:43   
rej

@isaiah. yeah, balancing usualy jsut consists of nerfing. but in this case, you have to admit, tlm needs it.

i destroyed every boss npc with it. and i was using a focus build. AND i didn't use boosters (and for everyone but bt, i didn't even ened to boost). that kind've proves just how overcharged it is.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
7/6/2011 18:54:38   
helloguy

There easy all you have to do is time your attacks and try and not let them heal much I out loop them withmydouble heal plus boosters Woth a lvl 9 field medic and 41 energy
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/6/2011 18:57:41   
TankMage

Sounds great , But I still think you should look more into the caffeine / hamster situation xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
7/6/2011 19:02:14   
IsaiahtheMage

@rej That is why all you need to do is buff the other classes instead of nerfing TLM. I also agree I literally destroyed Charfade,Nightwraith and I am just destroying lvl 33 full vars like nothing. I actually beat a lvl 33 STR Merc full var.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/6/2011 19:13:08   
helloguy

i do the exact same thing as a regualar merc
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 17
7/6/2011 19:13:52   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

IsaiahtheMage, you basically just described why TLM needs to be nerfed in some way. If all that was ever done for balance was constant buffing, everything in-game would have to be adjusted - NPCs would have to be made stronger, weapons and armors would have to be made stronger - and that adds 100s of hours of work to continually adjust every aspect of the game for stronger players, and in the end that creates the same effect as nerfing one class.

It's simply not realistic to expect everything to be buffed when the problem can be solved easier by directly nerfing what is overpowered.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 7/6/2011 19:16:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
7/6/2011 19:17:43   
IsaiahtheMage

@Ashari But nerfing just results in seriously effecting the class and people rage ranting the forums. I do mean just buff this and buff that. Just buff a few skills here and their but only slightly and maybe re-arrange the skills tree some. I think that would work far better then just weakening one select group of players based on their class.
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/6/2011 19:36:56   
MrBones

Where's my screaming eagle bike ?

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 20
7/6/2011 19:40:47   
rej

since the only thing i CAN lose to (besides unfair fights in 2v2 and juggernuat) is other tlm's, i have to complain and speak out against my own class.
tlm must die....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
7/6/2011 19:41:50   
helloguy

i called it from day one
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/6/2011 20:32:25   
Angels Holocaust

Thanks for telling us that classes will be nerfed or buffed right after 60 percent of the population does a class change to tlm.
Post #: 23
7/6/2011 20:42:34   
Yo son

@IsaiahtheMage, are you even a mage? or are you a TLM?
And angel ur personality is truly amazing.
I will bet 1 mill dollars that if this update fails it purpose in making the game balance, but rather makes another class Oped, u will probably switch; once again telling me that you don't care and that you also support Oped classes.

Dont worry, a class that dominates in 1vs1, 2vs2 and Juggernaut isn't Oped.
Tac Mercs took the weight of Mercs Shoulders, but the fact is, mercs are still Oped. REMOVE HYBRID ARMOR from the game, it doesn't do you guys good when trying to balance the classes. Don't give it to any other class, just remove it, any class is given to, is going to abuse it like Mercs and Tac Mercs. Personally, I don't want it, because am not a selfish!

< Message edited by Yo son -- 7/6/2011 20:50:35 >
Post #: 24
7/6/2011 21:04:38   
IsaiahtheMage

@Yo son I am all 3 classes. Remove Hybrid Armor? Do you realize all mercs have to adjust their builds to match hybrid armor? You can't just remove it like it never existed. On top of that you would need to add another way of Mercs to have def and res. But still you can not just remove it since Mercs are use to it. You would totaly screw all Mercs. Also what does being selfish have to do with Hybrid Armor?

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 7/6/2011 21:05:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 1 of 712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition