Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2011 16:25:47   
The Astral Fury

ya know when you buy something you usaully get it for what you like about it and then they take away what you like and your left with something you didnt pay for i know this game gets changed alot and whatever but to its unfair in my opinion
DF AQW  Post #: 101
7/8/2011 16:26:55   
*Nova*

quote:

Point is, u scared of OP.

What is the point of the balance in a game if OP classes exist?
Or are you afraid of losing?
DF MQ  Post #: 102
7/8/2011 16:31:16   
Mr. Black OP

im scared of OP people? lol ive beaten a little more then half of the tmercs i met
and did u complain when tm were OP with heal loop?
or when str bh came to power with the unnerfed SA?
if u were then kindly be quiet and get over it
Epic  Post #: 103
7/8/2011 16:33:05   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

Of course they would make it OP to begin with, because that's how this game works.

More assumptions...

Assumption? Well if it's an "assumption" based on years of experience seeing players ranting updates, i believe it's quite accurate. How much you bet that after this "balance" update comes out, they're still going to cry op. Maybe about something else.

quote:

There's nothing wrong with leaving an op class as it is. That's what we paid for.

... Lol. Is that what you think?

Because you obviously don't have experience buying things that get nerfed after you buy them.

quote:

Instead, they should have made sure it was "equal" in competition with other classes.

]Nerf, simply means to weaken. By how much, though? We'll soon find out but the thing is: How can you assume that the class will be made UP-ed rather than Equal?

First. im a cyber hunter. I stand a leaf in a hurricane's chance against EVERY CLASS.
When was this game EVER equal? Why does a gun malfunction after you buy it, when it was perfectly fine the first day?
Post #: 104
7/8/2011 16:33:26   
helloguy

I never complained against the over powered builds I beat them with my own overpowered builds I create on my own
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 105
7/8/2011 16:34:12   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Just going to give my 2 cents here.

If a class is overpowered, or you find it difficult to beat then try trying your build if you can. Sure it might cost you a few thousand credits or so, but keep tweaking it until you find a setup that works best. I know nearly not every build is the same due to enhancement points placing, but it's all pretty similar. I myself have gone through 10's of builds trying to find one i am comfortable one, it's all about trial and error really. Unless you take that step to trying to adapt better, you won't know unless you try :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 106
7/8/2011 16:37:44   
Sageofpeace

@above for that you usually need have the best weapon so the stat match which mean a monthly 50$ pack and thats the least

Do not troll forum staff in your signature,
or you won't be allowed to have one. ~LB
Post #: 107
7/8/2011 16:39:05   
helloguy

I don't have the best gear ido with what i got and hardly have bought the 50 buck package
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 108
7/8/2011 16:39:12   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

Point is, u scared of OP.

What is the point of the balance in a game if OP classes exist?
Or are you afraid of losing?

Because OP classes WILL ALWAYS EXIST. Unless everyone is a blank sheet of paper, something will always have an advantage.

I went 120 sup build for half a year because this game is insanely easy.

I be trolling in 2v2 just to piss off my partner.

I need to call out players in central station to actually have enough effort to click debuff button.

quote:

im scared of OP people? lol ive beaten a little more then half of the tmercs i met
and did u complain when tm were OP with heal loop?
or when str bh came to power with the unnerfed SA?
if u were then kindly be quiet and get over it

Yes yes your very gooooood at this game. Then why do you keep saying they need nerf?

I've NEVER complained in any of those stages. Not even when mages went 150 health dragon buster in beta.

It actually gave a challenge to us poisons.
Post #: 109
7/8/2011 16:39:40   
*Nova*

quote:

Assumption? Well if it's an "assumption" based on years of experience seeing players ranting updates, i believe it's quite accurate. How much you bet that after this "balance" update comes out, they're still going to cry op. Maybe about something else.

It doesn't matter how times you've experienced something. If you have absolutely no fact or artificial proof of it or have not seen the future with your own eyes through a make-believe crystal ball. Then it is considered a assumption, regardless.
The only players that cry on about it is because their OP-ness were taken away and they don't ever like it because they lost their 100% ratio to win.

quote:

Because you obviously don't have experience buying things that get nerfed after you buy them.

If you really think OP is right. Then your mind must be clouded up by something unknown. This is the same idea about slaves and equal rights in the world. People want balance not OP-ness or UP-ness, it is always about equality. In a sense that power is wrong and the way of the weak should be changed.
Tell me, do you want to be the person who is a slave or a individual who is poor? The answer is obviously no. Balance in a game and Equality in RL are basically the same idea.

quote:

First. im a cyber hunter. I stand a leaf in a hurricane's chance against EVERY CLASS.
When was this game EVER equal? Why does a gun malfunction after you buy it, when it was perfectly fine the first day?

So you're saying that because the game isn't equal at all, they should drop equality altogether and just unbalance everything?

quote:

Because OP classes WILL ALWAYS EXIST. Unless everyone is a blank sheet of paper, something will always have an advantage.

'Having an advantage' is not the same as being OP.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 7/8/2011 16:45:43 >
DF MQ  Post #: 110
7/8/2011 16:45:41   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

It doesn't matter how times you've experienced something. If you have absolutely no fact or artificial proof of it or have seen the future through a make-believe crystal ball. Then it is considered a assumption, regardless.
The only players that cry on about it because their OP-ness were taken away and they don't ever like it because they lost their 100% ratio to win.

I see the future through the past. Any player who has played long enough knows the cycle:

1. ED releases op
2. People buy
3. They nerf
repeat..

quote:

If you really think OP is right. Then your mind must be clouded up by something unknown. This is the same idea about slaves and equal rights in the world. People want balance not OP-ness or UP-ness, it is always about equality. In a sense that power is wrong and the weak should be changed.

Weak changed to what exactly? A chance? That has NEVER happened in the history of epic duel. They only struck down the stronger builds with nerf. U think this game is equal?

quote:

So you're saying that because the game isn't equal at all, they should drop equality altogether and just unbalance everything?

Perfection is impossible. They ARE unbalancing everything. They've been doing it since the start of the game.
Post #: 111
7/8/2011 16:46:58   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Yes yes your very gooooood at this game. Then why do you keep saying they need nerf?

I've NEVER complained in any of those stages. Not even when mages went 150 health dragon buster in beta.

if a full varium lv 33 str bh only beats half of them and wut about the other classes with out good weapons like i have? they have a small chance at best
and i am just against people getting a refund for something they shld be charged for, u want a new class? here, its OP and since its getting nerfed we want a refund! OP? we shld be charging u for ruining the game for others
Epic  Post #: 112
7/8/2011 16:50:15   
*Nova*

quote:

I see the future through the past. Any player who has played long enough knows the cycle:

1. ED releases op
2. People buy
3. They nerf
repeat..

The past is not always the future.
Some items don't fall through your step 1 or 3 so therefore this is still an assumption for future updates.

quote:

Weak changed to what exactly? A chance? That has NEVER happened in the history of epic duel. They only struck down the stronger builds with nerf. U think this game is equal?

Did I say it was equal? Don't put words into my mouth.
They are choosing to nerf the OP classes because it is a lot faster, or they would have to go the long way around by buff everything else and in the end the results would be the same, only that one way took longer than the other.

quote:

Perfection is impossible. They ARE unbalancing everything. They've been doing it since the start of the game.

No duh... nothing is perfect in this world. But still, it is a lot better to have some balance than none at all.

And yes, they have been disturbing the balance since Beta, I agree with that but it has been through both buffing AND nerfing decisions.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 7/8/2011 16:51:33 >
DF MQ  Post #: 113
7/8/2011 16:54:17   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

if a full varium lv 33 str bh only beats half of them and wut about the other classes with out good weapons like i have? they have a small chance at best
and i am just against people getting a refund for something they shld be charged for, u want a new class? here, its OP and since its getting nerfed we want a refund! OP? we shld be charging u for ruining the game for others

In a duel, there is a winner and a loser

Both players try their best to win. But not both of them can win. OP will always exist.

Yes i should be paying people for buying something that's going to be nerfed later.

Obviously i'm ruining the game for you because you enjoy seeing people watch their money fall into bottomless trap hole.

Obviously.
Post #: 114
7/8/2011 16:58:33   
*Nova*

quote:

Obviously i'm ruining the game for you because you enjoy seeing people watch their money fall into bottomless trap hole.

This has nothing to do with what I said earlier nor does it have anything ED-related... but Business in a MMO is always a scam. If you brought it then IMO you fell for the spam and you let your lust of want take you over.

Peace out.
DF MQ  Post #: 115
7/8/2011 17:01:23   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

1. ED releases op
2. People buy
3. They nerf
repeat..

The past is not always the future.
Some items don't fall through your step 1 or 3 so therefore this is still an assumption for future updates.

If It's not op, majority won't buy.

quote:

Did I say it was equal? Don't put words into my mouth.
They are choosing to nerf the OP classes because it is a lot faster, or they would have to go the long way around by buff everything else and in the end the results would be the same, only that one way took longer than the other.

Never did. You said this was supposed to be achieving equality, which is wrong. Nerfing angers us.

quote:

No duh... nothing is perfect in this world. But still, it is a lot better to have some balance than none at all.

And yes, they have been disturbing the balance since Beta, I agree with that but it has been through both buffing AND nerfing decisions.

So you should agree nerfing and buffing isn't the solution.
Post #: 116
7/8/2011 17:02:08   
Mr. Black OP

@above
ugh u dont get anything maybe ur money shld fall into a whole so u cant pay ur internet and i wont have to respond to ur pointless posts
but srsly tac mercs are ruining the game for others, when u win half the time both sides have fun, when one side wins 99.99999999999999% of the time only they are having fun and y should the games experience be worse for the other players?
also in a duel it is dishonorable to strike a weaker person (or smthin like this)
Epic  Post #: 117
7/8/2011 17:02:51   
helloguy

Itscalled thinking you know the thing you do with thing in your head
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 118
7/8/2011 17:06:18   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

@above
ugh u dont get anything maybe ur money shld fall into a whole so u cant pay ur internet and i wont have to respond to ur pointless posts
but srsly tac mercs are ruining the game for others, when u win half the time both sides have fun, when one side wins 99.99999999999999% of the time only they are having fun and y should the games experience be worse for the other players?
also in a duel it is dishonorable to strike a weaker person (or smthin like this)

Fail flame. Your head is hotter than that.
Like i said, i'm cyber hunter. Does it LOOK like i can win against TactMerc with identical equips + stats?

If it's "dishonorable", then we would all be fighting the same levels.

Btw. One side DOES win 99.99999999999% of the time. ALL the time.
Post #: 119
7/8/2011 17:06:51   
*Nova*

quote:

If I had the money then I would, because I don't pay to be OP.
quote:

Never did. You said this was supposed to be achieving equality, which is wrong. Nerfing angers us.

Because your group wants to be OP; wants to have power.
quote:

Neither is leaving something OP.
DF MQ  Post #: 120
7/8/2011 17:20:42   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

This has nothing to do with what I said earlier nor does it have anything ED-related... but Business in a MMO is always a scam. If you brought it then IMO you fell for the spam and you let your lust of want take you over.

Peace out.

I didn't see where he was getting at either. But go ahead and blame me if it makes you feel better.

quote:

If I had the money then I would, because I don't pay to be OP.

So you spend your varium on a bunch of level one weapons that are useless right.

quote:

Because your group wants to be OP; wants to have power.

MY "group" is sick of getting nerf after nerf for the sake of "balance".
quote:

Neither is leaving something OP.

Better than taking our money by nerfing everything we get.
Post #: 121
7/8/2011 17:25:29   
*Nova*

quote:

I didn't see where he was getting at either. But go ahead and blame me if it makes you feel better.

I'm saying that all people should spend money more carefully. It is a basic step in Life.
quote:

So you spend your varium on a bunch of level one weapons that are useless right.

Nope, I'll spend my varium on items that are useful, attracting, and have good appearance.
quote:

We're talking about the Tech. Mercs here, right? As far as I know they haven't been nerf-ed once yet.
But sure, you'll keep getting nerf-ed if you keep on running towards the known OP-side.
quote:

Nerfing doesn't make something UP but rather more balanced. Ofc, that probably means nothing to you because all you want is OP-ness.

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 7/8/2011 17:26:45 >
DF MQ  Post #: 122
7/8/2011 17:32:23   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

I'm saying that all people should spend money more carefully. It is a basic step in Life.
quote:

Last time i checked, a "Basic step in life" wasn't buying to-be-nerfed products. But then again, why wouldn't we?

Nope, I'll spend my varium on items that are useful, attracting, and good appearance.
quote:

And of course that balances it all out. All players would want that. Last time i checked, was called op

We're talking about the Tech. Mercs here, right? As far as I know they haven't been nerf-ed once yet.
But sure, you'll keep getting nerf-ed if you keep on running towards the known OP-side.

So then why do they make the op side? To get money obv.

quote:

Nerfing doesn't make something UP but rather more balanced. Ofc, that probably means nothing to you because all you want is OP-ness.

Of course all i want is OP-ness... obviously everything we have should be nerfed to a blank slate.
Obviously that's what you want.
Post #: 123
7/8/2011 17:37:27   
*Nova*

quote:

Last time i checked, a "Basic step in life" wasn't buying to-be-nerfed products. But then again, why wouldn't we?

The basic step was learning to control where you throw your money. And here you've obviously spend your money carelessly and that is why you are asking for a refund in the first place.
quote:

And of course that balances it all out. All players would want that. Last time i checked, was called op

And again, most players don't pay to be OP. They pay to have fun and stick to being competitive.
quote:

It was recently released with only the Staff's Testing. Obviously players have a diff. way of playing the game. Do you really think that when something is released, it'll be flawless?
quote:

Of course all i want is OP-ness... obviously everything we have should be nerfed to a blank slate.

I want to be fair. You want to be OP so weaker players will bow down to you.
Do you think that more people will back you up if those were your intentions?

< Message edited by *Nova* -- 7/8/2011 17:40:51 >
DF MQ  Post #: 124
7/8/2011 17:48:39   
mehmehmehmeh

quote:

quote:

The basic step was learning to control where you throw your money. And here you've obviously spend your money carelessly and that is why you are asking for a refund in the first place.
quote:

A sword with one attack and a sword with two attack for the same price...common sense?

And again, most players don't pay to be OP. They pay to have fun and stick to being competitive.

fun = all varium
competitive = op

quote:

It was recently released with only the Staff's Testing. Obviously players have a diff. way of playing the game. Do you really think that when something is released, it'll be flawless?

Other games don't have this problem?

quote:

I want to be fair. You want to be OP so weaker players will bow down to you.
Do you think that more people will back you up if those were your intentions?

You want nerf so that stronger players will bow down to you.

You're arguing to gain fame with the masses.

I'm arguing because i've put up with this long enough.
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes 7/6/2011 - Delta Performance Update
Page 5 of 7«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition