Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Too Many Stars :P

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too Many Stars :P
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/16/2011 18:23:56   
LANDIS
BATORO! Huge in Gothpan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charfade
...on another note.. I've often felt that once you reach a ( enter high rating point here ) you get access to a special area of the game... or some kind of perk like that. Not one that would benifit in game battle like a weapon, but some kind of visual difference. IDK what would be spicy enough though.

I think this idea has a lot of potential and many would really appreciate it.

On the issue of what comes after 7 stars... While different colored stars is one way to go I don't think limiting it to stars only is really necessary. Feels too similar to ebay's feedback rating system... ;) I think it would be great if after a certain number of stars the higher rating switched to different symbols entirely...

Perhaps the 7+ stars could switch to 1 Victory Symbol (minus the text of course) or this skull from ED (Minus the other parts of the picture) to start the count over till those symbols reach 7+. Or they could come up with a new symbol altogether.

Whatever they decide I'm sure it will be epic cool and I look forward to it!

DF Epic  Post #: 51
7/16/2011 21:46:27   
Fatal Impact

The gold stars remain there but they begin getting filled In one by one with shiny platinum as you get more rating points :D
Epic  Post #: 52
7/20/2011 21:01:33   
LANDIS
BATORO! Huge in Gothpan

That's another way to go Fatal, though again it's a bit reminiscent of ebay's system... I also think starting the count over with new symbols might be nice because the difference in ranking would be more unique and noticeable at a glance.
DF Epic  Post #: 53
7/20/2011 21:03:11   
InceptionAE

So almost like Call of Duty's Prestige. Every time you hit level 50 and level up, you get a new prestige icon. This time it's like stars. I actually like that idea. But I think 5 stars is enough. So maybe 5 stars is max, but when you get higher, you get different coloured stars.

ED~ Inception X
HS~ Chromium
AQW~ Deathblad
AQ3D~ Violent

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
7/20/2011 21:16:15   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

I like the idea LANDIS. A skull or another new icon would really stand out. Right now it's hard to even distinguish 5 stars from 6 or 7 stars when you're in a crowded room with a few other people. A skull would pop right out.

I think a Title system could be tied into the rating and achievement system too. Every star could get you a witty title before or after your name. Maybe some of the harder-to-get achievements could award you titles as well. That would provide another reason to go for achievements if you don't care about stars.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
7/21/2011 2:49:46   
Sipping Cider

I also like Landis idea. Except then i would not want stars to be the first symbol since to be stars are magical and should be more special
Epic  Post #: 56
7/21/2011 17:22:58   
Firewallblast

How about also there would be a Unformed npc that has the option to challenge every npc
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
7/21/2011 17:37:58   
Sipping Cider

@Firewallblast
quote:

How about also there would be a Unformed npc that has the option to challenge every npc

Could you explain your idea a little more? I do not really understand it.
Epic  Post #: 58
7/21/2011 17:39:09   
Third Eye

How about vehicle upgrades?
Like bigger wheels or spoiler addition?
Although it wouldn't really apply to every vehicle.

Maybe flags attached to your waist that extend above head or something like that?
Different colours correspond to different ratings.

< Message edited by Third Eye -- 7/21/2011 17:41:02 >
Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Too Many Stars :P
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition