Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =HS= Webcomic!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Webcomic!
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/13/2011 19:29:39   
mturf

i was asked by Galanoth to make a weekly webcomic. sorry if there's been any confusion, i don't think that section was meant to have a new post button ^-^
i'm sure there's somewhere in the creative arts / legends of lore section of the forum where you could work on ur own comics.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
7/14/2011 2:24:21   
NickBlade

lets make a daily smash (newspaper) that will be awseome!!
HS CHAR: SPIRE BLAZE
AQW  Post #: 27
7/14/2011 3:44:20   
UnityDestroyer

*Becomes a dragon*
*Speaks another language*
Translation:I Loved it.
Post #: 28
7/14/2011 6:51:38   
megakyle777

Hey Mturf, if you don't have any more ideas for heroes and villains, or just want to add a player element, would it be possible to ask the community for some written bios or something? I have a few made in the Character Discussion thread,, both my own creations and bios of other fourmite identities, that I would like to enter if so, and it would be nice to see them recognised in the webcomic if I can't get them in game thanks to that Video Only contest. For the record, I have 12 Bios, 8 of them my own creations and 4 of them requested by Fourmites made from a few things like background and powers. I think all, or most could really bring something to the table of future issues, and having read some of the stories that the other smashers have made in L and L, I am certain they can make some truly interesting ones.

I am sure (and hope) that fellow smashers will back me up on this. And from the looks of a few posts, it would appear I am correct.

Oh, and LOVE the work so far!

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 7/14/2011 7:01:40 >
DF  Post #: 29
7/14/2011 7:23:11   
Devastate

Well, who knows? Maybe in the future, the team would hold a competition wherein you guys could showcase your works :3 (Here's the part wherein you imagine yourself next in mturf's artistic line)
Post #: 30
7/14/2011 10:40:31   
mturf

@megakyle777 i'm not gonna run out of ideas quite yet, i was asked to draw a comic after giving a folder of about 80 drawings of different heroes and villains including biographies to AE that i'd done in my spare time. but i certainly will want feedback and input from the community, by way of comments/polls/suggestions. but i'm not quite ready for that yet. i have all the character in ma heed for this first story ^-^

@Devastate mmm... contests.... i love contests. i'd have to talk to the boss about that tho :D

< Message edited by mturf -- 7/14/2011 10:42:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
7/14/2011 11:33:44   
Master K

@Devatate: Yay, contests! I'm up for one.
I've been meaning to draw up a character design, but my minds too foggy at the moment...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
7/14/2011 17:54:21   
Qin

Contest?! I'm up for that too!

Post #: 33
7/15/2011 4:25:55   
megakyle777

quote:

@megakyle777 i'm not gonna run out of ideas quite yet, i was asked to draw a comic after giving a folder of about 80 drawings of different heroes and villains including biographies to AE that i'd done in my spare time. but i certainly will want feedback and input from the community, by way of comments/polls/suggestions. but i'm not quite ready for that yet. i have all the character in ma heed for this first story ^-^

@Devastate mmm... contests.... i love contests. i'd have to talk to the boss about that tho :D

I figured that you had probably thought out some ideas for the first few stories. I just thought that a contest for a few would be nice for the future.

If I may post a few thoughts on this.

When the Herosmash "Get your own NPC in game!" contest was first announced, everyone was happy. It was going to be awesome. Then it was announced that it would be video only, except maybe the main Villain who would would be picked secretly based on a secret process. This...Angered a few people. I know I wrote a PM to Yergen asking if written entries would be allowed, based on some of them being quite awesome. I can think of at least one fourmite smasher who did the same, and while I do not know her stance on the subject now, I seem to recall Griffinfire, who I beleive is a mod herself, was giving reasons as to the unfairness of it all and why they should at the time.

This led to a massive influx of stories being made in the L and L fourms about different heros, and got so out of hand (Though that may be the wrong way of putting it) that Eukara Vox made a "Hero and villains Origins" Thead in a similar manner to the War threads that DF and AQ enjoy, and offered to extend the same courtesy to any HS wars.

My point is, such a contest would make people who felt upset that they would never be recognised in game for various reasons, fell better at the thought they may be aknowledged in your comic.

Anyway, long post is long so I will wrap it up here. Once again, love the work, and because it's your comic, totaly your decision and that of the bosses. If you have plans, do them. If they don't want to do it, don't worry, and of course we will still give our opnions in the way you say here to help make it the best it can be.

Also, you mention you did some bios and drawings of heros and villains. Any chance of a few bio and drawing spoilers soon and every now and then to wet the appitite and give me something to draw on Biowise?

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 7/15/2011 5:31:01 >
DF  Post #: 34
7/16/2011 1:03:47   
ED War Clown

This new release seems very interesting... Cant wait for more :)
AQW  Post #: 35
7/16/2011 13:49:55   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I find it very strange... I can see the plot evolving, but it just seems a bit weird atm...
DF  Post #: 36
7/16/2011 19:29:31   
mturf

quote:

I find it very strange... I can see the plot evolving, but it just seems a bit weird atm...

that's almost precisely what i wanna hear. if y'all feel like that an still wanna see more i be smilin ^-^

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
7/19/2011 0:26:55   
Condor

oh facepalm, I just posted an idea for a webcomic topic, oops

I still love the comic
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 38
7/22/2011 2:13:15   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Mturf. That is talent! I really like it. The plot is developing into a masterpiece.

I can't wait to read what happens next.
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
8/2/2011 23:28:41   
star screamer

I think I'm gonna make a comic of my characters too but there probubaly not going online and made with a pencil and paper
AQW  Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [HeroSmash] >> HeroSmash General Discussion >> RE: =HS= Webcomic!
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition