Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =EC 2011= Finals Arena OOC

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2011= Finals Arena OOC
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/25/2011 14:44:17   
Mirai

Thanks TDK- I think you've expressed (far more eloquently than I) the analogy I was trying to make earlier (i.e. even if Salina's metal ball bearing 'hits,' the potential danger this poses is heavily dependent on where it hits).

Are you interested in working as a consultant at all on my OOC posts? :-)
AQ  Post #: 26
7/25/2011 15:00:53   
.Discipline

@Mirai: Just so you know, you can't see Dajaal at all, so describing him in detail, gives off an inaccurate mental picture of the situation. I don't mind it and you can keep it in your post, but yeah, just for future reference.

I've reacted to the earthen spikes as well as the bubble shield. Dajaal has hit the deck, and those earthen spikes should be whistling over his head toward Grax's shield.
Also, due to be laid on the floor Dajaal has decided to project the darkness that would usually linger around the floor upward, making it appear as if he has gotten back up. Also, he's roaring bloody murder again, which could have a lot of repercussions to Goshen and Grax. Although I'm guessing the water would dull the noise which actually reaches Grax's ears, it may cause the trapped water to vibrate quite violently when carried out at such a close range... Think storm in a teacup.

Goshen, you're just going to end up pretty deaf and disorientated if your ears aren't covered at the moment the noise begins... which is just after the spikes pass Dajaal.

< Message edited by .Discipline -- 7/25/2011 15:02:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/25/2011 17:47:54   
Mirai

Thanks Discipline- I was aware that my character couldn't see Dajaal. Point of fact she hasn't noticed him at all- given her history, she'll be rather concerned if she realises there's a demon on the arena floor with her. I was intending to describe audience reactions- specifically some random dark priests who I presumed would by now have a sense of what Dajaal was about- but appreciate this got a bit blurred with Salina's own thinking. Apologies.
AQ  Post #: 28
7/25/2011 18:35:30   
.Discipline

Ah okay, apologies. I assumed you were talking from her standpoint. I've had to explain things like this before and I thought you had misinterpreted. If you were just telling the story, no problem. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
7/25/2011 18:53:19   
Krey

Oh damn I forgot to acknowledge the roar. Oh well, we're an arena apart so it'd be a minor annoyance at most this time 'round.

Anyways yeah I posted. Combat casting! Really that is a one-round spell but since he is currently in direct combat, I would be cheating Mirai out of a chance to stop the spell if I finished it in one round. He can't cast quite that swiftly.
AQ  Post #: 30
7/27/2011 3:46:15   
Mirai

Aaand postie!

Krey- my post ends with Salina about to try hitting your ice chain & about to launch one of her air blasts. Obviously feel free to play these actions out in your own post as you wish.

Edit: Kell- I've noticed an annoying typo toward the end of my last post- is it ok if I amend "she berate herself" so that it becomes "she berated herself"?

That's fine.
~Kell

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 7/27/2011 19:44:08 >
AQ  Post #: 31
7/27/2011 19:45:18   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Micosil, unfortunately you have been cut. Thanks for participating, and I hope you'll show up for next year's tourney.

All entrants, the Water Pillar has vanished.

Edit: The next cut will be on Sunday.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
7/27/2011 21:51:36   
.Discipline

Ah, this has changed the game somewhat. My prey has escaped, now I have to face Goshen. Should be a fun match up, actually.
To be fair, Dajaal would have likely booted Grax out through the gate as he tried to escape, but it's fine to just let him go. Hehehe.

Sups, come at me with all you've got. All I promise you is a sneaky and brutal fight. ;)

Edit: Okay, you came at me... with some sand. Lovely. Now it's my turn.

I've reacted to the sand, shifted the aura to the left and Dajaal now running toward Goshen, ready to leap straight at him and maul him, as well as repeatedly stinging him with the nasty barb at the end of the tail. The bad news is that because you're deaf you aren't going to be able to see through that ruse even if Dajaal moves fast and makes a lot of stomping.

Oh, as well as this I have discarded the blades, which now lie just in front of where the water pillar was located. This is simply so Dajaal can attack in the way I designed him to act.

< Message edited by .Discipline -- 7/28/2011 0:28:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
7/28/2011 18:46:20   
Krey

Right, so Mirai, those are sturdy chains. You can probably still escape their grasp if you react quickly enough by jerking the sword back before the chain can lock down.

I didn't take the liberty of unleashing your wind blast, because I didn't know if Marcos' actions would change your plans there; after all, if the chain is locked on your sword and you hold onto it, well, the results could be interesting. You may of course feel free to make that action, Marcos is unlikely to be able to avoid it considering, well, he's locked down as well as long as you hold onto that sword.

If there is a problem with anything, as usual, let me know!
AQ  Post #: 34
7/28/2011 19:33:14   
Mirai

Thanks Krey- any more info you can give on the frost blast- how dangerous the tiny frozen crystals are, how intensely cold the cold air blast is, would be very helpful.
AQ  Post #: 35
7/28/2011 20:18:06   
Krey

The crystals aren't too dangerous by themselves. They'll sting like paintballs and embed themselves in flesh, the major threat there is the eyes. I don't have anything to reference for moisture in the air, but it's going to be suddenly VERY dry in the area. They're tiny things, just don't let them hit you in the eye if you can help it. Doesn't take much to destroy one. Again, nothing overly deadly by themselves, but something to be cautious about.

As for the cold air blast... Hm. Best I can relate it to is wintertime, when it's actually not too terribly cold outside but then you get a gust of wind that makes eyes water and skin chill and stuff - several times worse than that. You're basically in a comfortable temperature, and there's a wave of air that's well below zero rushing outwards. Probably around the negative fifties. What makes it not so overly dangerous by itself is the fact that it's brief. There's maybe two seconds worth before it's over, and then just the aura that remains (Which is maybe 40-50 degrees in a small area around Marcos, warming as it spreads)
AQ  Post #: 36
7/29/2011 3:30:25   
Mirai

Cool- thanks mate.

Edit: Aaand postie! As ever, just shout if anything needs clarifying.

I’ve deliberately had Salina not yet notice that the water pillar has disappeared, because she’s got plenty else to focus on, and I believe it’s not particularly close to where she’s shivering. Ahem… where she’s standing.

Edit 2: In an interesting example of life imitating art, I've gashed my own scalp open. Maybe I should have Salina win the Nagraith lottery in my next post...

< Message edited by Mirai -- 7/29/2011 16:58:25 >
AQ  Post #: 37
7/31/2011 9:56:46   
.Discipline

I have a post lined up but I need to check with Superjars to see if it's accurate before I post it.
So please excuse the delay. Cheers.

EDIT: Yup, it's all okay and the post is up, Sups checked it over and he's happy with it. Goshen's escaping through the ground and Dajaal is frantically chasing him down and bashing at him in an attempt to collapse the tunnels and failing that, make sure Goshen still can't see when he surfaces.

< Message edited by .Discipline -- 7/31/2011 10:43:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
7/31/2011 10:56:47   
superjars

I confirm this note. I did take a look at it was exactly as we had discussed Goshen's actions.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 39
7/31/2011 17:58:54   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

Gedd, I'm afraid that you have been cut. Thank you for entering, I have thoroughly enjoyed Reeve, and I hope to see you again next year.

All entrants, the Energy Pillar has disappeared. The next cut will be on Wednesday.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
7/31/2011 18:32:32   
Krey

Aaaand posted! I reworked it from what I had based on the sudden disappearance of the Energy Pillar.

So Marcos is attempting a psyche-out maneuver. Of course, that's not all he's relying on, but he's certainly hoping it works. Sense would have dictated he stay still and recover from the blast while he cast, instead of walking right back towards her. Marcos is a fun guy.
AQ  Post #: 41
7/31/2011 23:10:35   
superjars

And... Goshen levels the playing field with some strong defensive armor! Still gotta find the thing and connect with it, but at least now he should survive long enough to do so. Also, Goshen is going to have quite the surprise when he is actually allowed to see anything, what with all the pillars gone. I look forward to making that stunned post. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
8/1/2011 15:12:57   
Mirai

Salina combining her standard attack with a bit of amateur dramatics there… yes, she’s resorted to going “look behind you!” Obviously, feel free to either see through her sham or go with it.

Krey- for possible use- the web is 8 yards wide at full extension, but only about 1mm thick. Obviously, as it’s made from giant spider silk it’s pretty difficult to cut through, but not impossible. It’s not sticky. It also might not have fully unravelled by the time it got to Marcos (if it does), so feel free to make it narrower in span than 8 yards (and consequently thicker in depth) as suits.

Sorry to see you go Gedesmck and Micosil. I hope Reeve meets up with Gabriel again at some point...

< Message edited by Mirai -- 8/1/2011 16:41:16 >
AQ  Post #: 43
8/2/2011 22:33:50   
Krey

...I should have paid more attention to the size of the net. I think I read yards as feet.

Oh well, six feet of shield is still enough to make the net rather ineffective, I think. At most it'd be held against the shield, and the NEXT stage of the spell is rather likely to cut right through it, but that depends on getting it finished.

Anyways, six foot shield wall that looks a lot like an iceberg sticking up out of the sand! It is a wedge, about 90 degrees, so redirects the wind to either side and effectively leaves Marcos fully defended to continue on to the second part of the spell... And pretty much completely out of view. It's very thick ice, so anything seen through it is going to be rather distorted. Especially if you're looking through the center. If off to the side, you might get a clearer view.

If there be questions, ask!
AQ  Post #: 44
8/3/2011 0:53:07   
superjars

A fun post for Goshen. Poetry, earthiness and a fun book reference (if anyone gets the reference, you win a wonderful prize!). He's still up to his antics, even though he's fighting the roaring demon from down under. Also, ouchie for Dajaal if he doesn't move. The ends are blossoming out to about the size of a football before the pole extends. Anyway, before this post starts to send more like Ar Tonelico, I'll wrap it up!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
8/3/2011 13:16:16   
Ryu Viranesh

Alright, just made a minor edit to my post (with Kell's permission) so that it's clear that Leira rises to her feet before she started walking.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
8/3/2011 17:58:52   
Mirai

Krey- no probs with the size of the net- we can just say it hadn't fully expanded by the time it hit Marcos' windbreak. I'll get to work on Salina's response now.

Edit: Postie up. I've ended the post with Salina about to blow her whistle (combined with her customary wind magic, it'll be very loud). Feel free to either interrupt her with Marcos' own spell, or play out the shriek (in which case it'll be an annoyance for other competitors at this distance, but not a major problem unless they have very sensitive hearing).

If it helps in terms of sequencing our characters respective spells, I was thinking Salina would blow the whistle once she was physically quite near Marcos, but I've left this a bit vague in the post, in case you wanted to trigger Marcos' next spell before she had a chance to get that close.

< Message edited by Mirai -- 8/3/2011 19:36:46 >
AQ  Post #: 47
8/3/2011 21:54:18   
Kellehendros
Eternal Wanderer

.Discipline, I'm afraid that you haven't made the cut. thank you for participating, and I hope to see you gain next year.

All entrants, the next cut will be on Sunday.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
8/3/2011 22:32:52   
Guardian of Nekops

As an interested observer, I feel I should ask so that this can be clarified as soon as possible...

Kell, did the Pillar of Darkness vanish, as per normal this year, or does it still stand?

Yes, it's gone.
~Kell

< Message edited by Kellehendros -- 8/4/2011 19:28:58 >
AQ  Post #: 49
8/3/2011 22:38:33   
Krey

Question Mirai, how wide a loop is Salina taking to get around to Marcos' side? Take her a bit of time to make the trip?
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =EC 2011= Finals Arena OOC
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition