Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Design Notes - July 21, 2011

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes - July 21, 2011
Page 1 of 1812345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/21/2011 12:49:49   
Bu Kek Siansu

July 21, 2011
Arc-attacular Update
High-Wire Balancing Act

Well, it appears that we all know that EpicDuel crashed this weekend. For those of you who are fans of EpicDuel on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, you already know that the crash was not just EpicDuel, but AdventureQuest, AdventureQuest Worlds, MechQuest and DragonFable (essentially everybody but HeroSmash was affected by the crash). Titan ended up having to re-publish the entire game from a coffeeshop! I want to personally thank all of our players for bearing with us and waiting patiently while AE was essentially down.

The crash was related to load balancer, and fortunately we’ll be able to avoid this problem in the future since we’re moving the games to Artix subdomains! We’ve also been working on patching up some exploits and bugs, which is why we have been restarting the live game throughout the week. If you still see exploits being used, please give us as much detail as possible- knowing exactly what’s going on helps us find the problem so Titan can fix it!

We will likely be restarting once again today (Thursday) to install more fixes, but the content and balance updateswill be released tomorrow.

Balance Updates

After taking the feedback from the most recent update, we are continuing to tweak balance among the new and old classes. We have not settled on specifics yet, but it seems Cyber Hunters and Blood Mages are still comparatively underpowered and we will make changes to address that. There are tons of suggestions for balance right now, some more drastic than others, but at this point we would rather approach balance with a scalpel than a sledgehammer.

*Update* Complications in the dev server have forced us to push the balance update to the next week since the changes weren't thoroughly tested.

NEW STUFF!

It's time again for another round of armors. Shed your current battle-worn exterior and try something new! Nightwraith’s been working on a few new armors for the non-varium crowd, including the new City Guard Armor, the Imperial Tech Mage and the Exile Soldier Armor! Visit Naomi in Central Station to check them out!

Name: New City Guard
Level: 30
Price: 21,600 Credits
Class: Mercenary/Tactical Mercenary
Defense/Resistance: +7
Dexterity: 6
Technology: 6
Enhancement Slots: 6

Name: Imperial Mage
Class: Tech Mage/Blood Mage
Strength: 7
Dexterity: 5

Name: Exile Soldier
Class: Bounty Hunter/Cyber Hunter
Strength: 6
Support: 6

*Update* By popular request, we have made the armors a higher tier with more competative stats (with an appropriately increased price).

But what about the varium players you ask? We hope to have an extra-special LQS item for them Friday!

*Update* The LQS Telsa armor didn't make it for Friday. Look for it next week with preview images ASAP!
What's in a Name?

Is there a name you've wanted since you created your character but couldn't have it because some level 3 was sitting on it? Now may be your chance! With this update, we are clearing the database of thousands of names taken by inactive players! Is your dream name now available? Only one way to find out!

Special AQWorlds Musical Event Featuring ArcAttack!

We’re aiming for to release earlier on Friday because we’ll probably be playing AQW on Friday, July 22 at 6 PM EST! Rounding out the DoomWood Saga in AQW will be the musical stylings of ArcAttack, who have harnessed the power of lightning and are using it to create music... FOR SCIENCE! All of us nerds (science nerds and music nerds alike) over here at AE are super-excited about it, and we’re sure you’ll love it too!

Tags: Cinderella ArcAttack AQW Armors balance Fixes

Tagged! ~Ashari
Added new armor stats! ~Ashari
Updated Design Notes! ~Lectrix

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 7/24/2011 2:04:26 >
Post #: 1
7/21/2011 12:54:03   
elm street

yay another limited quanity shop that you or buffy will buy out and ill miss because i leave on weekends

God has a sense of humor, just look at the platypus http://www.newhotstuff.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/platypus.jpg
Epic  Post #: 2
7/21/2011 12:54:55   
...Sonya...
Banned

Oh yay we get a late armor ._.

-Sonya

The Dragonfly Horde has found your Sig tasty.
Our Rules: no begging, there is a thread for fame in EDGD

Signature Guide
Epic  Post #: 3
7/21/2011 12:55:04   
BurningFlames

Woot Looks good!

AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/21/2011 12:55:16   
hauki

was about time, well nothing for me but new armor to bh's is nice since i dont like the look of current bh armor :D
Post #: 5
7/21/2011 12:56:11   
skeletondude

wew the non vars armor -.-'' kinda suk

AQW Epic  Post #: 6
7/21/2011 12:56:16   
DeathGuard

Why do they have to do it limited? varium armors should be sold just like nonvarium ones :/ not almsot everyone has the chance to get it.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/21/2011 12:56:23   
megakyle777

Blast it Cindereally we want story!
DF  Post #: 8
7/21/2011 12:56:40   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

A new armour for my Blood Mage, and something for my BH too, fantastic!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/21/2011 12:59:53   
Ice wolf X

Can't wait for that new LQS^^

Post #: 10
7/21/2011 13:00:38   
Calogero

god another LQS shop...

more and more reasons not to pay for this game due to prefering USA players over continents that are in other Timezones.

about the credits armor, I don't really know

for example that Imperial Mage, it seems good for STR BM's but for Tech Mages =/

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/21/2011 13:01:05   
DeathSpawn
Banned

LOL so which is it?

First it says new content will be released Thursday but then when they get to the bottom it says there aiming for a Thursday release due to the AQW event on Friday.....

Can we ever get straight answers around here???
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
7/21/2011 13:01:07   
Larcell

Very cool, some non-varium armors!
Epic  Post #: 13
7/21/2011 13:04:03   
Hun Kingq

Why does the varium Armor have to be LQS? We all know there are greedy varium palyers out there to but more than one of each so that very few could get them, are they going to make sure that each account could only purchase one of each or allow the greedy ones have their way?

How come the cost of the Varium armor was not posted?

< Message edited by Hun Kingq -- 7/22/2011 17:37:43 >
Epic  Post #: 14
7/21/2011 13:04:41   
Angels Holocaust

I love LQS armors, hooray. I love EpicDuel. I hope the armors cost battle tokens along with insane credits to stop people from buying more than 1.
Post #: 15
7/21/2011 13:05:25   
Fatal Impact

They give non-varium stats, but not varium stats? I guess its a suprise xD
Epic  Post #: 16
7/21/2011 13:06:20   
Sipping Cider

Awe man i am going to be working tomorrow so that means no LQS for me.

And those non-varium armors seem no better than the ones from overlord guard
Epic  Post #: 17
7/21/2011 13:08:34   
Dendavex

Nice another Limited shop Buffy can buy out *clap* *clap* clap*
Epic  Post #: 18
7/21/2011 13:08:38   
skeletondude

@sun very true i think tht the armors at overlord is way better than these
i expected sum better armors and only 5 ench slots

< Message edited by skeletondude -- 7/21/2011 13:12:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 19
7/21/2011 13:09:24   
Razen

I'm going to like the looks of the new mage armor probably but it is not that good of an armor for my build. D: I'm going to have to stick with Caden's Cuirass...

[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20512286][/link]
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/21/2011 13:10:03   
bobbyhonkers

I'd better not be at the cottage where there's
No Internet when the lqs comes out.
Post #: 21
7/21/2011 13:11:59   
Calogero

To those that seem to Like LQ shops...

How about Releasing the armor at 3 am where you live...
and try having to go to work while that shop is released...

Favouritism
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
7/21/2011 13:12:12   
ajs777

quote:

Balance Updates

After taking the feedback from the most recent update, we are continuing to tweak balance among the new and old classes. We have not settled on specifics yet, but it seems Cyber Hunters and Blood Mages are still comparatively underpowered and we will make changes to address that. There are tons of suggestions for balance right now, some more drastic than others, but at this point we would rather approach balance with a scalpel than a sledgehammer.

in specific

quote:

but at this point we would rather approach balance with a scalpel than a sledgehammer.

"because this way we can still try to squeeze all the possibly money out of you people
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/21/2011 13:12:22   
DeathGuard

They at least should put up price of varium armor, so varium players can prepare having the credits and varium needed for it. The shop should be available all day and when the dya has ended it should be close, that way it should be fair for all the ones living in different countries.

< Message edited by cyberbakio ryugan -- 7/21/2011 13:16:34 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
7/21/2011 13:15:14   
edwardvulture

It wouldn't hurt to give those armors 1 or 2 more stats. Or make a rare one thats better so we could really compete.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Design Notes - July 21, 2011
Page 1 of 1812345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition