Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Beta Testers need a GIFT(Varium & Non-Varium)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Beta Testers need a GIFT(Varium & Non-Varium)
Page 5 of 5<12345
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/24/2011 18:13:50   
skeletondude

@frosty Alpha's got there reward of free weaps
AQW Epic  Post #: 101
7/24/2011 18:40:59   
Firewallblast

Got to half of the 4th page hers what I think.....

Give alpha players,beta players,and maybe gamma players about 30k credits. Give founders a physical founder armor with +8. Then until the game actually gets out of it's testing phases and officially releases there will be no "favors" unless absolutely necesary. Note I am not alpha,beta,or founder so Im not trying to be greedy. And please stop using that excuse that there will be no game without you...

< Message edited by Firewallblast -- 7/24/2011 18:48:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 102
7/24/2011 19:38:56   
One Winged Angel1357

quote:

^the next phase will nxt year and im pretty sure tht there are sum pretty impatient gamma players who will not wait tht long

If we are rewarding for loyalty those players dont matter do they
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 103
7/24/2011 19:48:51   
beastmo

Beta testers dont need a reward they got the chevo
Epic  Post #: 104
7/24/2011 21:07:54   
One Winged Angel1357

beastmo we both know no one looks at Chevos that has been founders pride argument this entire time
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 105
7/24/2011 23:25:24   
Zean Zapple

quote:

Hah hah hah. We don't need a gift! Nor will we ever be receiving one. Moving on.

Who said that? I agree!

~Zean
Epic  Post #: 106
7/25/2011 1:04:00   
Sipping Cider

quote:

Beta testers dont need a reward they got the chevo

I think the chevo is good enough for all the phases, plus the rare gear you could have gotten.
Epic  Post #: 107
7/25/2011 1:35:44   
Luna_moonraider

Chevos are useless and worthless. why cant ed get something like aqw. aqw had a beta shop and even hs has a alpha shop. super unfair as per usual. expensive prices, players not fully appreciated and devs which do not care. wow ed is a great game indeed. does the cheevo give me some wep or unlock something. does stars give me more stat. does the stupid beta cheevo give me +10 stat. Hell no so it is basically useless.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 7/25/2011 1:36:57 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 108
7/25/2011 1:40:00   
Sipping Cider

quote:

Chevos are useless and worthless. why cant ed get something like aqw. aqw had a beta shop and even hs has a alpha shop. super unfair as per usual. expensive prices, players not fully appreciated and devs which do not care. wow ed is a great game indeed. does the cheevo give me some wep or unlock something. does stars give me more stat. does the stupid beta cheevo give me +10 stat. Hell no so it is basically useless.

True true, however since epicduel is a PvP game giving the testers an edge in battle would upset the rest of the community more. I just say wear you badge with pride, show off that you were around when this game began, and pretend to be awesome with your extra stars. Although its not much in comparison to better equipment, its still something i wish i had.
Epic  Post #: 109
7/25/2011 4:16:54   
Luna_moonraider

quote:

True true, however since epicduel is a PvP game giving the testers an edge in battle would upset the rest of the community more. I just say wear you badge with pride, show off that you were around when this game began, and pretend to be awesome with your extra stars. Although its not much in comparison to better equipment, its still something i wish i had.

the shop can include some bike or the devs could give beta players free credits or at least something because i dun see the point of being a beta tester when u get nothing but a useless badge. beta badge is almost as bad as golden skull card which cost 1k varium and gave nothing but a cheevo. cheevos are useless and i dun find the need of stars. wearing it with pride lolz ye think i m happy wearing a stupid badge which does basically nothing.
AQW Epic  Post #: 110
7/25/2011 5:09:39   
zion

<<Note to mods: this is a suggestion and could be posted in suggestions, but this idea pertains to the discussion at hand and I think it could cause for constructive conversation instead of flaming>>
How about the following idea:
(This may have been mentioned in passing by the devs - or at least partly - at some point)
I think that rare weapons and armors should evolve with you - but not auto evolve like others are suggesting - custom evolve.
I think the amount of "evolve points" for either an armor or weapon should be based on which phase the weapon was introduced.

For example:
Alpha blaster was introduced in alpha. Therefore it would have +1 from beta and +1 from gamma and +1 from delta = +3 evolve points.
Founders armor was introduced in beta. Therefore it would have +1 from gamma and +1 from delta = +2 evolve points.

What can you do with evolve points? For a fee (varium or credits - whatever seems fair to the devs) the points give you the ability to evolve your weapon/armor and raise the power level.

For example:
For the alpha blaster, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into damage, the alpha blaster would go from lvl 25 to lvl 28 and the damage would go from +25 to +28.
For founders armor, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into resistance, the founders armor would go from lvl 25 to lvl 27 and the res would go from +7 to +9.

But since this should be a custom and personal upgrade to preserve the unique nature of veteran players and older weapons, there should be more options: evolution points can also change the base stats of the weapon/armor. Lets say 2 to 4 extra stats for each evolve point and they can only improve stats that are already buffed by the weapon/armor (to preserve the nature of the item)

For example:
For the alpha blaster, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into stats, the alpha blaster would go from lvl 25 to lvl 28 and the dex/tech would go from +8 to (+14 to +20). You can decide how much to add to dex or tech and it would become permanent.
For founders armor, you can spend 10,000-30,000 (ballpark) credits or 500-1500 varium (ballpark) to activate each evolve point. If you buy all evolutions and put them into stats, the founders armor would go from lvl 25 to lvl 27 and the stats would go from +16 to (+20 to +24). You can decide how much to add to str, dex or tech and it would become permanent. (Since this switches based on class, you may have to do it again each class change - ask Titan)

Also, you should be able to mix and match - use 1 evolve point for damage/shield and 1 point for stats.

This way - there will never be another complaint about rare items losing their luster.

A debatable point is: which items are rare enough to matter for evolution upgrades?

I don't see a simple answer for this, but I do think that anything that was in the game and is no longer available should be pretty simple, because its obvious when the weapon/armor was purchased and how many evolve points the weapon/armor should receive. This would make limited rares that get restocked and seasonal rares ineligible for evolution.

As a side note, I think there should be a f2p rare for each phase of epicduel as well. The devs could open a limited-time shop accessible only to those chars with the appropriate badge/cheevos with one f2p rare item for each phase of epicduel.

For example:
A bike for alphas, a bot for betas, a house for gammas, and a ??? for deltas. After the limited time, only the delta ??? would remain for the remainder of delta.

Do you think this will end the endless complaining? Let me know what you think!

ps. since posting this yesterday, they could just assume you got a seasonal weapon the first time it was introduced - this way there will be no more manual adjustment of stats each year.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
7/25/2011 5:23:36   
8x

We don't need anything.
Epic  Post #: 112
7/25/2011 5:27:44   
LamentationsXV

^ I'm with ya, pal!
Well I do need people to quit whining already. That'll be an awesome gift. Will ya people? ugh

< Message edited by LamentationsXV -- 7/25/2011 5:31:16 >

Epic  Post #: 113
7/25/2011 5:46:09   
zion

quote:

8rlx0: We don't need anything.

You are in the very minority of players that are all of the following:
Not a founder, at the top of the food chain, always willing to buy the latest equipment.
A majority of players beg every day for the types of things that can be solved with a very simple system of item evolution - IMO
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
7/25/2011 6:10:32   
Feral Ninja

I say let us upgrade our phase items. (So Beta weapons, Alpha Weapons, Founder Armor, etc) Just let us pay to upgrade it. I don't mind. At all.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
7/25/2011 6:32:09   
Shadronica

You guys have got to be kidding me right? Why should we be begging the dev's to let us pay to upgrade our alpha, founder and beta stuff?

It should just be a given that for a very nominal charge we can upgrade it to the current standards without constantly putting our hands in our pockets to buy all the new $50 rares. The game is not going to slide into poverty if the very few remaining alpha, elites, founders and beta players don't have to keep spending $50 every one to two months.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 116
7/25/2011 8:14:34   
kwj3

Sorry guys if thats a little too OP my main is just a mess right now for a level 32 and uses level 25 gear only.
I just posted that because i saw that nightwraith could get like 100+ with all his weaps so i thought why not us too???

So here's my new (hopefully not plain stupid or trollin') ideas
Beta shop=Yes
Betahairstyle=Yes
Items that won't be game-changing=Yes
Dance move for beta only= AWWW YEA (giggity)
Free money= Yes

Beta shop= Posters, bike, robots and some items that give +25 or more (not +80)

Beta hairstyle= Something from beta times like cowboy cap or toxic waste poison style, like old times

Non game-changing items=A cake weapon every year

Dance move=Giggity or more

Free money every hour=Maybe +75 credits every hour?

For founders and Elites=+50 varium per day and +100 credits every hour

So this helps not make the game boring because no one likes roasted nuts.

Oh and maybe a quest only for beta players so there's like a challenge like in a challenge of getting items and getting the beta status.
Maybe battle Beta god or Beta bear something like that.

< Message edited by kwj3 -- 7/25/2011 8:55:06 >
Post #: 117
7/25/2011 8:19:27   
Luna_moonraider

Maybe a free house or maybe bag slot for beta player would be nice. beta shop which sell house items which beta players can only buy.
AQW Epic  Post #: 118
8/20/2011 18:32:52   
rjy

I got a reward for being a Beta tester.... 1000 varium. Why? because I'm awsome =D 0_0
well, actually, it was for testing in the first week, but still.

And I do agree that we should get something more - Alpha testers got Alpha weapons, but Beta testers had to PAY DURING BETA to get they're weapons? ?!?!?!? =p
Post #: 119
8/20/2011 18:37:59   
EDReborned
Banned

Don't bump a thread that is over 3 weeks old lol.

< Message edited by EDReborned -- 8/20/2011 18:38:26 >
Epic  Post #: 120
8/20/2011 18:44:15   
InceptionAE

Varium Gift: Usually when you test a game, they pay you by the hour. So we'll make it varium. 2500 varium should cover it.
Non-Varium: Give them 10k credits and 25 varium.

@Below

My profile picture remind you of it? Lol.

< Message edited by DungeonHunter -- 8/20/2011 18:55:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 121
8/20/2011 18:47:33   
edwardvulture

I think year of the dragon ppl should get something because it is the next closest thing to founder.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 122
8/20/2011 19:12:48   
Lectrix

Please do not bump dead Threads (inactive for more than 2 weeks).

Locked.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 123
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Beta Testers need a GIFT(Varium & Non-Varium)
Page 5 of 5<12345
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition