Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The good ole'days....

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The good ole'days....
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/31/2011 14:06:41   
xxmirxx

Guys it was more balanced actually I was merc and I had no problems and bounty. Because at least then we were able to beat mages with right built.
AQ Epic  Post #: 26
7/31/2011 14:08:59   
goldslayer1

@mir
well u needed specific builds that also meant items.

im sure heal looping wasn't so good without energy bunny zooka or founder.
altho effective it would stand much chance against a founder with E bunny zooka

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 7/31/2011 14:09:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/31/2011 14:53:34   
Master Volcon

Cindy is right, the game has changed a lot. Some may view it bad, as if it is corrupting their old view of ED and some might view it as good, as if helping making the game better than it was back then. New features left and right... who would want to go back and lose all everything that the Devs have worked so hard to achieve?

AQW Epic  Post #: 28
7/31/2011 14:57:03   
MrBones

quote:

-No limits on build making.It was balanced exactly because it was so random.There was no one OP class,every class had one OP build.

IMAO. Thats all I got to say.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 29
7/31/2011 15:06:33   
xxmirxx

quote:

who would want to go back and lose all everything that the Devs have worked so hard to achieve?
No we want old way doesn't mean you too go back.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
7/31/2011 15:12:00   
One Winged Angel1357

main thing i miss from the good ol' days is for the most part you could calculate your build and just by looking at it and other big builds of teh time you could get a fair guess of how it would Fair

Say the big builds of the time is Smoke Poison Mass Bh's in 1v1 and Support mercs in 2v2 you could see the flaw in the majority in BH builds and make a counter build or you could do the same thing to Mercs now the only counter builds are luck
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
7/31/2011 16:49:21   
frosty123

I miss heal looping. Back at the age of heal looping i was nothing but a noob that got pwned by them mages but now i am lv 32 and think i can beat the non tank hea lloop. And the age before the enhancements
Post #: 32
7/31/2011 16:51:06   
edwardvulture

anash0 were you even a beta player? I don't see any in your achievements page. Forgot to pick it up?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
7/31/2011 17:12:32   
voidance

Seeing as I started in the early days of gamma I'm talk about gamma. I got the luxury of starting epicduel in it's prime and watch it crash and burn. From what I experienced I would have to say the release of frostbane was my favorite time because 10 enhancements was so new and opened so much freedom in build making. At the time it was amazing, fun, etc, but ultimately in the end it's what started epicduels demise. So that being said December 2010 was my golden days.
AQW Epic  Post #: 34
7/31/2011 17:16:07   
Epic Pwnser

Well as the game progressively adds more content. More people start coming in and demand more balance. And that's a hard task at hand.
I believe the good old days was when the graphics sucked and varium had a minimal effect on gameplay.
When that happens, I'll enjoy it more.

Heal looping you still can do now in fact. Except you have to be full varium :(
Epic  Post #: 35
7/31/2011 17:45:42   
AxeOFury

@Callisto
Yes, yes, and yes
AQ  Post #: 36
7/31/2011 18:36:33   
ansh0

@vulture u don see beta cheevo cuz my first char when I joined in beta was named ansh0
I started with spidey in gamma so I have played through beta and ansh0 has beta cheevo

~black spidey

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
Epic  Post #: 37
7/31/2011 19:43:10   
DeathSpawn
Banned

I miss the fact that we couldn't class change. It gave the community a more class vs class feel and made them use what they had to the best of their ability instead of switching to the more popular class of the time making the game not quite as interesting atm considering a majority of games feel like an npc battle now since everyone's the same.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
7/31/2011 23:11:09   
PumKing

As much as I usually find goldslayers comments, for lack of better suited words, for the most part, entirely detestable. I have to agree with him on this one. There has not been a so called "golden age". I in fact started playing in late beta, catching the last few months. As much nostalgia I have for it, it was far from perfect, and the more I play this game, the more I come to understand the inadequicies of beta. And speaking of balance, when gamma first started, and heal looping had been, draconianly, curtailed, and people talked about how the mighty tech mage had fallen, one of the rumors I heard was that in alpha, tech mages had a supremely Oped build (yes indeed, in those ewarly days of alpha an Oped build) which revolved around Super Charge, and while i can't substanciate those rumors, to say that mages had an Op build that wasn't heel-loop (which in fact was never Oped, it just took a while to deal with, and in fact high str builds from BH and high support builds from merc trampled it), is quite an eye brow raiser
Epic  Post #: 39
7/31/2011 23:15:46   
edwardvulture

@Cinderella: Since this is still the testing phase, you guys are still willing to remove or modify features that just didn't work quite so well, right?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
8/1/2011 0:40:59   
goldslayer1

quote:

As much as I usually find goldslayers comments, for lack of better suited words, for the most part, entirely detestable.

geeze maybe i should start adding rainbows on my words to make them sound better. -.-
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
8/1/2011 1:01:53   
edwardvulture

^Thats better we'd appreciate if you keep doing it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
8/1/2011 1:18:45   
goldslayer1

@edvard
NP bud
altho this will take long

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/1/2011 1:20:12 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 43
8/1/2011 2:15:27   
tazmain1212

Like most of you guys I was in beta and not alpha. I miss the fact that everyone was closer, as friends or as enemies (fraction wise) and that there was a better sense of community and earning your wins rather than using OP builds. I miss the rubbish engine, the artwork, the weapons and the fractions and the forums because all of those combined made me stay and play Epicduel rather than playing Aqworlds or another online game. I miss the fact that some battles lasted 15 rounds (well with me ) and that we earned our wins and not just borrow someones OP build. Its kinda sad thinking about it, but I wish it was back to how to was ...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
8/1/2011 2:31:39   
DarkNight1223

EpicDuel isn't getting better. Remembered when Overlord Facility came out in Beta?

More people were playing cause of the style, design, and release. If you compare "that" type of release to the releases we have here in Delta, you'll notice quite a difference and why not as many people are playing as much.

In my opinion, Beta was the best stage, ever in EpicDuel.
Post #: 45
8/1/2011 2:36:57   
Fatal Impact

@goldslayer1: try using bright colors.
Epic  Post #: 46
8/1/2011 3:07:13   
ansh0

No fame , nuff' sad

~black spidey

< Message edited by ansh0 -- 8/1/2011 3:10:20 >

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
Epic  Post #: 47
8/1/2011 7:10:10   
T.600

I miss when winning required skill, all you need now is to buy 10k varium and get all the latest promo items and then fully enhance your equipment. I miss heal loop, the community along with the numerous amount of things that other posters such as calli have stated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
8/1/2011 17:45:19   
spectra phantom

@golden

you should have made that "-.-" face rainbow-like too :D

Also i remember the day i got cupids bane. i knew it was last day to get it and i worked myself to lv 30 i played all the day till 1 am or so and i got it i couldnt belive i actually got it.i were like yeah! awsome!

< Message edited by spectra phantom -- 8/1/2011 17:49:11 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 49
8/1/2011 19:56:54   
Segmail

Healing looping and everything callisto said
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The good ole'days....
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition