Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) The Search

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) The Search
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2011 21:18:12   
Ferakin

It occurred to me that I might wanna link to this. Not like anyone's reading this, but meh.

Meh, I dunno why I'm doing this, but I am, so whatever. I guess I'll write it when I want to.

It was a normal day in FalconReach...Unless you don't think that normal means "just survived the biggest war ever, and then the sun being eaten, and is now putting up with a very annoying god-person." Thats pretty much normal for me though. Anyway, lets get to the story. People walked around the streets, some carrying bags and such, others going back and forth through the town, repairing any damage there may be. Most were rebuilding the Guardian tower, and there was talk of putting a memorial to Celestia in it. The tower already looked mostly finished, even though it was made in a matter of days. Things like that were normal around here. Wherever you looked, there were people being busy doing something, except for one.

He looked like a teen, not even more than 14 years, but he was secretly much older than there are even words for. And his power was even greater that that, far greater. His appearance belied all of that though. Short, spiky brown hair, light brown cargo pants, a shirt with the number 67 on it, and of course, black shoes. Or sneakers, if you want. I prefer shoes. It was a normal look, if you lived on Earth, that is. Well, except for the hair. It was still spiky, you know. And this world wasn't Earth. But it wasn't his choice of clothing that seperated him from the rest this world's populace; it was the fact that he was the creator of all existence, and insane as well. And he was on a mission. Sounds Mary-Sue ish? Don't care.

...Aaand it seemed that this mission could wait, as he napped the day away on the roof of one of the houses. Down below, a white-haired inhabitant of the town ran about, glancing in every direction, clearly looking for someone. A few minutes later, he leaned against one of the buildings, catching his breath. "I don't believe this. He just, goes off and does whatever he wants just because he thinks he can. I can never find him when I need to..." The person, who looked about 18, wiped sweat off his forehead and calmed himself. "Well, if nothing else works, I may as well try what Koran taught me."

The young adult sat down and folded his legs, concentrating. Drawing back into his thoughts a bit, he saw the people in the town. Not with his eyes but with his mind. Every being had a distinct energy in them, and it manifested inself into certain ways. Magical skill, physical strength, psychic powers, any of these and more were the cause of the energy within beings. Anyone could use it, it just took practice and control. And each person had a different kind of energy inside them, making it easy to search for someone if you knew what kind of energy they had. Of course, the ability of seeing people's energy took time and practice. Only a few had ever mastered it, and the young man wasn't one of those few. But he didn't need to be skilled at what he was doing to find the energy of who he was looking for; it shone like the sun. Strangely enough, it seemed to be almost right next to the young man's own energy signature. Confused, he took himself out of his mind and thought for a minute, before looking up.

The sleeping teen was unaware that the young man had jumped onto the roof, and thus had no chance to dodge the kick that hit him in the side. Bolting upright, the teen glared at the young man. "Well, thanks for the nice wake-up Ryka. I suppose I'll have to repay in kind soon enough. Well, what did you find out?" Ryka sat down next to the teen, legs hanging off the side of the roof. "Nothing you'll like, Matt. No one's heard of Koran since a year ago. From what I've heard, he seemed to just disappear overnight. No one knows what happened. And worse than that, they're forgetting him." Ryka sighed and gestured uselessly. "I mean, its just, just so..." Stopping himself, he buried his face in his hands. "Koran's one of the greatest heroes this world had. And he's been a great hero in other worlds too, from what I've been told. But, everyone here is forgetting him. All they ever talk about are people like Mechajin and Drake Amatsu and Mritha and...I mean, they're great here and now, but Koran was the best back then. But no one cares. No one remembers. And it hurts me." Matt stood up and looked down at his shoes, not really knowing what to say in moments like these. He was annoying, random, mood-swingy, not to mention easily bored, which usually resulted in things blowing up. And yet, this was the one subject that always bothered him. Friends were much more important to him than he was going to let anyone know, and so not knowing the whereabouts of one for a year bothered him a lot. Saddened him too. He knew he would eventually get over it or have his attention taken by something else. But it was Ryka being sad that bothered him the most, because he didn't know how to handle it, what to say. Creator of existence, can do whatever I want, and yet I can't help people. What a joke.

Finally, after what seemed like an hour, he stretched his arms and stared at the town. "Then I have two options: beat the crap out of everyone for not remembering my friend, or finding him and then beating the crap out of everyone. Either way, I win with violence and fun, so I better get started. Oh, and now to pay you back in kind." Moving before Ryka could react, Matt moved behind him and kicked him in the back, launching him off the roof. Not bothering to look at what happened to Ryka, Matt jumped off the building and started walking to the middle of town, quietly singing to himself. "Today is the greatest...Today is the greatest day..."

By the by, about the part where I pretty much said that Koran was better than Drake Amatsu or really any other character there, I didn't mean that I was a better player. Those guys are way better players than I could ever hope to be.

Edit numero two: Now that I actually got off my butt for the story to edit it a little, I will probably do another part soon. Don't hold your breath.

< Message edited by Ferakin -- 1/28/2012 0:49:20 >

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
DF MQ  Post #: 1
10/2/2011 17:46:15   
Ferakin

How long ago did I start this? Whatever, here's the next part. And for some reason that I found out while righting this part, the Tab key on my keyboard isn't working quite properly. Or maybe it is and I'm just being stupid. With my track record, it's both.

It was only an hour until Matt realized he was walking in a big circle around the town. And trust me, it could've taken him longer. And then it took him another ten minutes to actually think of where he needed to go.

"Hmmm, hm, hum hum hum, hummmmm! Well, whatever I was trying there failed miserably. Where to look, where to go..." As Matt turned his head, he saw the rebuilt Guardian Tower and stared for a few seconds until it hit him. "Oh yes of course," Matt said to himself as he walked over to the weird spiral island thing the tower was on, "Guardian Tower. With Guardians. Who might know some stuff about things going on and what people are doing. By the by, what are they Guardians of? Can't be this town, that'd be a terrible idea. I mean seriously, how many times has this town been destroyed or blown up or something. Hell, the Guardians can't even guard their own tower. That's a lot of fail, there."

After another minute or so of walking, which is actually a good time-waster if you can keep your mind preoccupied, the brown-haired creator of existence greeted a Guardian who stood with a sword ready. Matt waved a hand, grinning as he did so. "Hello Kain! Kane, king, cane, Cain, as I think that dragoon's name was in one of the translations of that game. Anyways, Kain!"

The Guardian lowered his head slightly and glared at the cheerful teen, which was only how old he looked. This was the big reason that Kain never really liked Matt. He was always hiding something of himself, his age, his power, even his insanity. To have someone with all that infinite power and be insane too, it had made Kain realize that his life, this town, this entire world, was pretty much subject to Matt's will. If he wanted the entire thing to be destroyed in lava and chocolate rain, or have everybody get up one day and start dancing, it would happen. To have someone like that insane teen-lookalike watching over everything in existence made it even worse, he could change everything there was on a whim. And yet, it hadn't happened yet. The world wasn't turned upside down yet. So maybe Matt had some responsibility, but if he did, he never showed it as well.

Kain finally lifted his head slightly and spoke, his voice loud and powerful, the way he would tell his enemies to run before they were destroyed. "I told you that you're not welcome here anymore, Matthew. After what happened last time, I can't guarantee that the Guardians under my command won't attack you on sight." Matt's cheery mood lessened slightly by the use of the full name he didn't have, but it disappeared a second later when he tilted his head slightly and kept grinning at Kain. "Oh, really? And what happened last time? I can't remember very well, there was a lot of gin and a wedding. I think it mighta been mine and-You know what, that's none of your business. Anyways, yeah, what happened, what'd I do?"

At this, Kain glared even more, wondering how in Lore that Matt could forget such an event. Silly Kain, Matt's done crazier things and called it a Tuesday afternoon, whatever he did here isn't that big. All the same, Kain vented his frustrations at the insane teen. "Well, first, you were inspired by Cysero to turn the Guardian tower into a giant catfish to see if it would try and eat itself. Then, you summoned an even bigger catfish to see if it would eat the smaller one, or if it would start a cat-fight. Then, you invited Xan over so you could discuss the finer intricacies of tea's effect on time travel and dolphins, and constantly 'broke' a 'fourth wall', which I still don't know about-" "Yeeaah, shouldn't look into that one too much, you grasp on reality might turn crappy. On the plus side, you'll find out about pizza, which is great, 'cause pizza's the best food of all time."

Matt stared for a second as Kain tried to digest his word before continuing. "Anways, am I saying that too much? Anyways, anyways, eh, whatever, I like saying it so not so much of a bother for me. Anyways, I'm here looking for a friend of mine. He's gone missing for about a year, and I'm kinda wondering why no one seems to notice or care. His name's Koran, about yea tall, he's a Death Knight, has a dragon named Fireth, any of this ringing a bell?" Before Kain could respond, Matt turned away and started mumbling to himself again. "Oh, no, you don't know crap about any of that, do you? I doubt anyone here knows anything about anything whatsoever. Useless buggers. You know what? This is what's whats making me angry here. That no one seems to know about Koran, or what happened to him. He's a frickin' blank spot here now, like he was never here in the first place. And you know what else!"

At this, he turned back and glared at Kain, not so much angry at him, but only because he was the closest thing to be angry at. "I can't find him. I'm the creator of all existence, I can do anything I want, and I can't find him! Yeah, you heard me right! The most powerful guy there is can't find a friend. And guess what, this world sucks without him, so screw you, screw FalconReach, screw this entire world, 'cause none of it matters without Koran!" By now, Matt was gripping a terrified Kain by the top of his armor, nearly holding him off the ground. "So you better hope when I find the guy that did this, that I'll take out my anger on him and not everything around me!" And with that, Matt dropped Kain and disappeared.

Is that a crap chapter or what? And by 'what' I mean 'worse than mortal minds can comprehend.' I suck, yaaaaaay!

And if you wondering why these seem so short, I find it hard to write long parts in a single day. Its not that I don't have the time or anything, I just have other things I could be doing, game to play, ramen noodles to eat. I suppose I could work on a chapter over time to make it a long one, though.

< Message edited by Ferakin -- 1/28/2012 0:34:10 >
DF MQ  Post #: 2
1/28/2012 2:00:45   
Ferakin

Day 3 of me never writing some more to this story. Thats all I'll say here.

Matt reappeared instantly somewhere else. Somewhere else being the bottom of a very cold lake. Peaceful place, if you could see clearly through the water and watch all the fishies swim around. Which Matt could do of course, but that wasn't what he was doing at the moment. What was he doing, you ask? I was getting to that. Jeez, be patient. What Matt was doing, or rather, thinking, was an internal monologue. Which is only what it would be called by a techinical view. What was really going on in Matt's head, besides all the insanity and images that would shatter your mind like cracked glass, and the music, don't forget the music thats always playing in there. I think it's Reptilia thats playing right now, but thats completely not what I'm trying to write about here. What I'm writing about here, is what Matt was doing. Finally, about what he was doing. And it is...Talking to himself. Techinically it was thinking to himself, but, to him at least, it seemed more like talking. And here's how it was going.

Well, that was definitely Mary Sue-ish, Matt thought/said to himself. Or maybe I'm just applying that term to everything that seems pretty bad about me. Like the writing and talking. The word placement and words used are completely weird. Anywho, yeah, that might've left a bad impression on some people. But I totally had my reasons for it. If only I could remember those reasons, then maybe I wouldn't feel so mehhy-sigh-ish about my exit. Ok, obviously getting angry and going off like that is a bad idea. Now, why is it a bad idea? What is going to happen when I get mad like that? Matt thought for three full seconds before he did a mental fist-pound-into-palm-aha gesture. In his mind, like I said ten words ago. He is underwater, remember.

Yes, now I remember! Serious Matt said that the next time I got all angry like that, he would use that moment to bring himself back and destroy all of existence. 'Cause he believes that it's not worth existing with all the bad peoples and everything. Yeah. So thats why I shouldn't let my feelings get the better of mysel-oh, who am I kidding, besides myself and my long-running sentences. I always let my emotions take over. Practically every adventure ends on a semi-dark note with me giving some bad guy an eternity of torture and pain that even Aizen wouldn't deserve. In fact, I did give one to Aizen. Hate that guy. Oh, even he doesn't deserve that kind of pain, but I am a cruel guy. Anyways, where was I? Right, yeah, feelings and Serious Matt and chalupas. Wait, scratch that, no chalupas. Ok, so to stop myself from going on in that angry state, I moved myself to somewhere else. Bottom of a lake, it seems. Pretty icy-cold, too. Heh, I guess I needed to cool off. Ok, that was bad, no making those kind of jokes. Now then, back to the matter at hand.

Item one on the agender, the meaning of life-I mean finding Koran. Ok, review the facts. Koran's gone missing, I have no idea where he is, and Ryka seems to be the only person from this world to actually remember Koran. Which is strange, seeing as Koran is pretty well known here. So that must mean that someone has tampered with the people's memories. And only the people from this world have been affected, except for Ryka. Hm, I'll think about this later. Or as I do stuff and whatnot.

Ok then, time to get going while the go's on the here it goes again. And it only makes sense to me. Alrighty now, I'll have to find someone to come with me on my awesome journey to find my missing friend, because it's so much more fun on co-op. Can't include Ryka, he and most other heroes are needed in or around FalconReach. I mean, come on, biggest war ever in this world, and no one's gonna try and take advantage of a town that's still recovering? Can't believe that even if Johhny Depp acted it out in a scene. Actually, I probably could, Depp's a great actor. So yeah, gotta be someone who isn't always connected to FalconReach. Hm, the last time True Mortal saw me was 200 years ago for him, and 5 days ago for me, and I'm not in the mood to explain about me randomly time-travling to his past right now. Ok then, think. Who could it be...Mordred, perhaps? I know him, he knows me, so it could work. Plus, it might be a better situation than going with the only other person I've thought of. Not that it'll be hostile with her, but I doubt she can tolerate me long enough for us to find Koran. Okay dude, time to rock. It's been decided, it's gonna be Mordy. Now to just open my mouth and shout his nickname and he'll come running out to kick my-

There was very little sound as the air bubbles rushed out of Matt's mouth, but if you could hear him, you would hear his gasp of surprise and annoyance. Quickly shutting his mouth, he closed his eyes and facepalmed, like he had done many times before. Oh yeah, right, I'm underwater. Been underwater for a while. Kinda forgot with all this talking to myself slash thinking to myself if you want to be politically correct on that subject. How long have I been drowning anyway? Whelp, better get out before stuff happens or something. Vague things can happen in water. Scary things. Like the octopus in my pocket getting out. How did I even get him in there in the first place? Anyways, before I forget and start talking a lot, again, lariat!

Suddenly appearing some twenty feet away from the lake's edge, an at-first-wet-then-quickly-dry Matt appeared, scratching his head. "What is a lariat, anyway? And where am I?" Taking a look at his surroundings, he saw that he was on a flat piece of land, amidst a few hills here and there, with trees scattered around. Not quite a forest, nowhere near a plains area, and certainly not near a chilly place. "Huh, with the lake being that cold and all, I thought I was in Dragesvard. Eh, this just makes it easier for me. Now then, Mordy!" The teen-lookalike waited a few seconds before cupping his hands around his mouth and shouting, "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?! Oh yeah, and MORDY!" He looked around, turning his head to the point where his body kept turning to keep up with it. Matt went around like this for a few seconds before dropping to the ground, sitting on the grass with his legs half spread out. "Hmm, he's not coming out here to be annoyed at the nickname. That means he's nowhere around here for the time being. Meh, shoulda figured, him being whatever he is and all. I mean, he's got other stuff to do, I suppose." Matt laid down on his back and ran his hand through his hair. "So, that only leaves one option that I am aware of. Coincidentally the one that is most likely to behead me after 5 minutes of me talking and the run-on sentences and everything else that I do that annoys people. At least Deadpool has that healing factor, so he can just put his head back on. Me, I have to run far, far away. Yeah, sure, most powerful guy ever and all, but still, hell hath no fury like a woman who wants you to shut up." At this point, he pulled his legs back, and, throwing himself outward and upward, leaped onto his feet. Hands in his pockets, eyes closed as he walked, he shrugged, accepting what was going to happen next. "Alrighty then, time to ask her for help. Please don't kill me, Jeanne."

Using this color since all that blue looks a little bad. And yeah, that was kinda long, and yet, nothing but talking. Thinking. Whatever. Anyways, yeah, I wanted to make this part almost nothing but Matt just thinking/talking to himself. Yeah, I know he already does it, but I kinda wanted to show the extent to which he does it. And by that I mean he talks to himself all the time. Actually talking more than thinking, too. But yeah, I wanted to do this, show a little of whatever it seems that I have shown. The talking to himself thing is pretty big to him, and he does it a lot, so thats this chapter. And for anyone, by which I mean no one, who is wondering who "Serious Matt" is, that may or may not be explained later. No, it is not an alternate personality or whatever of the like of Matt, though he does reside in Matt's mind. So yeah. I did this. See ya.

< Message edited by Ferakin -- 1/28/2012 2:03:46 >
DF MQ  Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) The Search
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition