Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Therril Oreb The Raven(origins)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Therril Oreb The Raven(origins)
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/10/2011 3:27:27   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

For the discussion of my story, you can go to here. Have fun reading ^^

Chapter 01 - A monster was born

It was a cold dark night. A night where evil and vile creatures prey on the innocent and the weak are devoured by the strong. One would think that everyone would lock their doors, light the fireplace and stick together to warm themselves. Still, a shadow runs through the Darkovia forest.

The shadow held something in her arms and whispered calm words to it: "Hush my litle one, we cannot stay here for long. I am sorry it had to go this way. Oh no, they found us!."

The shadow does all she can but knows they will catch up on her soon enough. Quickly she looks for a place to hide the baby. More to comfort herself then the creature in her hand she says: "I love you, but there is no other way. This hurts me more than..." Before she could finish her sentence, a spear was struck through her stomach.

"You thought you could get away from us? Witch! Did you now really think you could hide it from us? You know it is not alowed to live." Said one of the shadows hunting the woman.

The woman struggles to answer:"No..not my..baby. Leave it..alone. Does it..look like it could..hurt us?"

Thus answers the one that struck her:"I am sorry woman but there is no other way, and you are as of now being accused for treason to the crown and your land. The sentence is death!"

When the woman heard that, she knew she was going to die anyway. With her last bit of strength she started to chant silently and made quick handsigns, teleporting the child away to a place even she did not know.

"Don't kill her. she will tell us where she sent the child to. She can't hide it from us." The woman could only grin at the thought.

Far away, near Sunbreeze grove a man was walking by. He sighed:"Man, why do I always have to patrol in these places. It's always peacefull and lovely here. When are they going to send me to dangerous places?"

A small glowing orb floated by the man. "Bleigh, stinkin' light orbs. What is it doing here anyway? Those orbs only start to gather when..." Quickly the man jumped behind a tree "...a teleportation is made."

When the man looked back where he stood 2 minutes ago, he now saw a small bundle lying on the ground. "What in the name of..."

Carefully he walked towards the bundle that seemed to move. When the man looked at what is inside of it, he saw a small very pale child. "A vampire? I have only seen vampires that pale."

He checked the child its teeth, but saw nothing suspicious. When he examines the child even more closely, he saw something on the chest of the child. A brand, a mark or something of that sort. It seems to have no real form. But it could not be wiped off, nor is it having a relief as he tried to pull it off. As if it was part of the skin of the child.

"Ah, I could just leave it here, but if I bring it to Keelia, perhaps I am relieved early of my duty. And the boy could be useful in the tower." The man took the child with him and teleported to his base.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 15:33:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
8/10/2011 4:10:31   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 02 - The runaway kid

12 years later

"TTTHHHEEERRIIILLL!!!!!" screeched a high, cutting voice. "Therril, where are you? I swear that kid is more trouble then usefull."

A boy came running towards the woman. "I'm coming madame."

Therril hastely ran to the woman but tripped and slid right until his nose could touch the woman's feet.

The woman sighed deeply "What were you doing this time? You have to do your chores and you know it."

"But I hate cleaning. I want to learn how to fight like Master Greydawn, or Paladin Artix." replied Therril.

The woman started to laugh. "Are you kidding me? You can't even run without falling and you are already 12 years old. Grow up kid, you are not likely to ever learn how to fight. Let the fighting be done by the fighters and the cleaning by kids like you. Now, get your mop and bucket of water and start cleaning. Or else no dinner for you."

The boy shed a single tear and went to the janitor closet to get his stuff. "One day they will see what I'll capable off, one day I will learn how to fight. I will slay undead like artix, protect the weak like kensai Eric."

Suddenly his chest burns very hard. For as long as he knew, he had that curse mark on him. Everyone said his family was cursed and that he beared the curse now since he is probably the only one left. Found in a forest near sunbreeze grove. That is all they told him about his past. Though Archmage Warlic seemed to know more then he told him. He sighed and started cleaning, forgetting his dreams about glory and valor.

The day passed on, and it became dark. Dinner was served, but Therril wasn't hungry so he gave his part to the guy next to him and left the dining hall. While walking towards his room, where all other "minor" people sleep, he saw Eric Greydawn doing some fighting moves he sees as impossible to do. Therril couldn't help but watch in awe how a man was able to be so fast, and yet so accurate and strong. Suddenly he stopped, for a second Therril thought he had interrupted Eric in his training. The next second, he disappeared. Therril ran towards where Eric had been standing. Nothing, not a single trace.

"You were wide open, this is not how a fighter would behave, boy."

Therril was so scared that moment, he thought Eric was going to kill him.

"And if you are so scared, then what use are you in combat?"

Therril looked all around him but didn't see anything unusual. He thought he was going mad. The next moment Eric appeared again behind Therril and gave him a little push. "Dead, you would have died a thousand times by now."

Therril stuttered, "I..I am not a fighter sir."

"If you are not, then why are you here? Oh I see. You are one of the cleaners here. Good, this place could use some cleaning as you can see." said Eric.

"Suddenly a thought occured to Therril. "TRAIN ME KENSAI! teach me how to fight. I want to become strong, fight evil and be a hero to Lore!" said Therril before he knew what he said.

Eric lifted an eyebrow, "I decline. You are unconfident, and only seek glory. You do not fight for others but for yourself. This is not the way a fighter should be."

Therril was shocked, this might be his only chance to show what he is made of and it was so easily declined. "Kensai I beg of you, show me the way of the sword. Show me how I should be, show me what I must do. I humbly ask for your tutoring."

Eric had to chuckle "My wife will not believe it if I told her. Very well, I will try something with you, and if it works out, I will tutor you. Though I can only stay for a few weeks and not everyday I will be here."

Therril started to glow from the inside. Eric throwed a wooden sword to Therril and, though clumsy, he managed to catch the sword.

Days passed on, and every evening after dinner, exept a few days when he suddenly disappeared, Eric trains Therril in both swordfighting and in how to behave. It became a routine, and Therril enjoyed it. Though he barely was able to actually wield a sword, he was proud he at last was able to wield it. Becoming a real fighter came one step closer.

But on the 12th day, everything changed. Just like the other times, Eric sparred with Therril. Therril, becoming overconfident, tried to do some kind of jump attack, but Eric easily parried it and when Therril tried to land, he tripped. Therril stumbled and fell over the railing. Eric ran towards Therril to grab him, but when he grabbed the ankle of Therril, he saw that there were wings on Therril's back. Eric was shocked and quickly pulled Therril back on the training floor. The wings disappeared though. Therril, whom had no idea what happened, told Eric he was sorry, that he was overconfident and brought both of them in danger.

Eric looked serious, his only word was: "Come."

They walked towards Keelia's office. Eric just said to Therril to wait by the door. Therril couldn't help but eavesdrop on the door. He heard 2 voices, obviously from Keelia and Eric.

Eric told the whole story to Keelia. "We do not know who is he, what he is or where he comes from. We must be carefull with him."

"I cannot agree more", answered Keelia.

"We should consult Warlic about it, who knows what he might be. We have to keep him safe from everyone else. I do not wish for any chaos in my tower."

Therril was shocked. Was he a monster? A danger to everyone else? There was only one thing he could do then. Cleaning the tower for years made sure he knew when the few guards that do walk around change their duty. Therril walked to the armoury and grabbed a longsword. He then walked to the exit, grabbing a parachute on the way, and jumped out of the tower. Floating toward the unknown land beyond. Far away from everyone he knew.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 15:49:38 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
8/10/2011 7:24:43   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 03 - a hidden form revealed

As he floated down, he saw something shiny coming directly at him. Before he had time to react, even though he could not have done anything, it went through his paracute. The parachute, now torn, was slowely ripping apart and Therril fell down. If it weren't for the trees in the forest, he would have been a pancake now. It was still a hard landing and he got bruises all over his body. He should have choosen a better time to run though, it was dark, he had no way to orientate himself, and he had no idea how to hunt.

At that moment, Therril started to doubt himself. Was it right to run? Wouldn't it be better to let himself to be locked up and perhaps killed in order to save the others? He had no answers to his questions, so he started to wander around, not knowing what to do or where to go. He was lucky not to have skipped his dinner, otherwise he sure would have been hungry now. After what seemed like hours, he found an open spot, fitting to make something that should look like a camp. Well, it gave a bit of shelter should it rain, so Therril curled up under his shelter and slowly gave in to the darkness of sleep.

The next day, Therril woke up. Dazed for he always was accustomed to a bed instead of the bare ground. Therril sat, and tried to collect his thoughts. He tried to think of a plan but since he has no idea where he is,or what he should do, he just walks towards the sun, it should bring him somewhere right? He walked for hours, he hasn't eaten since yesterday's dinner, so his stomach made clear it needed food. It quickly became dark. He had walked the entire day and hadn't seen or heard anything closely related to people. He made a new shelter, and tried to sleep again. It was hard because he was hungry, but exhaustion won out over hunger and he fell asleep within a few minutes.

A new day, a new chance to meet someone. Again Therril walked towards the sun, hoping to meet something or someone. Therril was showing signs of great hunger, his body was getting weaker, he got tired easier and worst of all, his stomach was almost killing him.

While strolling on, he noticed it was getting chill all of a sudden. A dark blue glow came from a bit farther. Therril's hopes were coming back. Maybe he found a magic tower or something. Inhabited by people that could help him. Then he came to the clearing where the tower should be. He only saw a gate, a wolf like creature and someone clad in half plated armor and cloth robes. He couldn't see a face, only two glowing eyes. Whatever it is, it might be able to help him.

Suddenly a voice coming from what looked like under the hood said. "Leave!"

Therril was desperate, he got nowhere to go. He needed food, shelter and new cloths. "Mister, please help me. I have been wandering here aimlessly. I am hungry, my clothes are torn and I'm lost. Can you please help me?" plead Therril.

The mysterious man just stared in front of him, as if he didn't hear Therril. He looked to the wolf like creature, and send a short but strong message."Thorn, bring us some food. He and I should talk." For a moment Therril was relieved not knowing what a twist this would make in his once so boring life.

They just stood there. The wolf like creature apparently called Thorn still has not returned. And the eyes just plainly looking at him as if piercing through his spirit and soul really made him feel uncomfortable.

"Ehm, mister sir. What are you?" asked Therril not knowing what else to say.

"What I am does not matter. Nor anything else about me. What is important is that what you are. You clearly do not know what or who you are. You would not be here otherwise." Therril was really puzzled. What he is? isn't he just a human that had been cursed long ago? When he looked at the brand on him he suddenly noticed something he didn't notice before. It has a form. First it always was a weird random figure. Not really making sense. Now it looks like a bird somehow.

"Yes, seems like you only just noticed. You are no ordinary human. Ah, thorn is back with food."

Expecting Thorn to return with a rabbit, large enough for two people to eat. Instead he came back with something that looked like a bull. Or at least as big as that. Looking at Thorn, it seemed like he was used to bigger things because he didn't look happy nor neutral. The mysterious figure did something because suddenly there was a table, 2 stools and a whole buffet of food. Ignoring all manners, he just digged at the food and ate till he almost bursted.

"Satisfied, little one?" Therril thanked him from deep within his heart.

"So what am I? Do you know more about this mark on my chest?" asked Therril.

"I shall not, nor can I tell you. You have to seek it yourself." Dissapointed Therril agreed with him.

Suddenly, the mysterious person is saying something in a weird language Therril did not understand. Therril started to float and panicked. "What did I do? Stop it, no what is happening?" His whole body screamed out of pain. It felt as if his body was breaking and reforming the whole time. Therril screamed, screeched, cried all he could, the mysterious person only chanted louder. Eventually Therril fainted out of pain.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 15:54:30 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
8/10/2011 8:18:02   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 04 - Lost and dazed

Darkness. Pain. Nothing else could come into Therril's mind. A weak voice came into his mind. "Hello?" You there? C'mon wake up little one!"

How ironic, for 2 days he searched for human life, now that he found someone, he is in this state. And now another is talking to him. Slowly he opens his eyes. He sees a weird guy in front of him. He has orange hair and has 3 weapons on him. seems like a swordfish on his right, a tuna on his left and a whale on his back.

"Hey buddy, you ok?"

Therril tried to reply but all he could make was a bird sound. Surprised he tried to stand up. Only to notice he has no arms. only wings? Therril started to panic.

"Easy little guy, nothing is going to happen to you. I'm Chisagen, Chi for my friends."

Completely confused Therril started to, well what seems to, running around and flapping with his wings. Chisagen being completely confused tries to take hold of the bird.

"What is wrong birdy? Were you hurt? Why are you like that?"

All of a sudden, Thorn came out of the shadows with a message around his neck. Chisagen being confused himself takes the message and reads it. Thorn just jumps back in the shadows to places unknown.

The message read:"He is what was said in book 342. He might be useful, teach him what is needed." Well that didn't make any sense, thinks Therril. Chisagen looked very serious all of a sudden. The worried person going over to a serious calmness was aerie. Holding Therril very tightly he walked to what seemed to be his house.

The house was extraordinary to say the least. When Therril saw Chisagen, he was already to be found weird for the fish equipped by him as if they were weapons. But the house seemed to be a giant fish as well, and inside of it was to be found, giant aquariums, even more fish hung up as if they were weapons. The only normal thing to be found there are a bed, a bookcase and a table with 2 stools.Chisagen puts Therril on the ground, and goes to his bookcase. Meanwhile, Therril started to look around, not that there was much to see but fish, fish and more fish. He sure likes fish by the looks of it. Therril still Didn't understand. Why is he a bird now, and what kind of bird? Therril looked at Chisagen, but he was too busy reading a book for noticing Therril. Since Therril had nothing better to do, he started to flap his wings. If he was a bird, the least he could was to be a bird and start flying. He flapped as hard as he could but to no avail.

Suddenly Chisagen clapped his book shut, placed it away and sighed. "Man, I'm a fishmonger, how could I teach a bird. And he didn't even tell me your name, little one. So I will just call you Raven then since you are a raven." Said Chisagen with a smile. "Well then, better teach you how to fly Luckily there are flying fish as well so they should help in some way don't you think?" Therril, now called Raven had a bad feeling about this. And his feeling sure wasn't wrong.

Days went past and though Raven was making progress, he sure wasn't happy about it. At first Chisagen just threw him away saying he had to flap his wings. After Therril almost drowned more times then he had feathers, or knocked himself out against trees more often then there were trees, Chisagen tried it differently.

"Instead of flapping your wings, try to make your body wide, stretch those wings and tail feathers. If you can't fly, lets try floating."

Easier said then done, but it was better then just randomly flapping those wings. Again, Chisagen threw Raven, and this time Raven did as Chisagen said. At first it didn't work, because Raven couldn't keep his balance. After a few tries it finaly worked. Raven was able to hold his balance and to slowly glide down on the ground. Both Chisagen and Raven were very excited. Since it had been a long painfull day, Chisagen decided to call it a day. After days of being a bird, Raven still found it difficult to sleep as a bird. For years he had been a human, sleeping in a bed, eating human food. Now he is a bird forced to sleep while intracting his legs somewhow, eating food that a Raven eats, yuk to raw meat, but alas, it could be worse.

Suddenly, Chisagen broke the thoughts of Raven. "Hey Raven, you probably wonder what has been going on right?"

Raven couldn't say anything but nod. "Well I cannot tell you everything for certain reasons I cannot tell either, but I can say this. You are a special one, with a destiny greater then you would dream. I have no idea how you bumped with True mortal,..."

True mortal? So that was the name of the blue person that changed him into this form.

"but it had to be faith. You my friend, have capabilities beyond the normal fighter you wanted to be. And it is up to me to and the whole clan to make sure that you can fullfill your destiny."

This was all very weird for Raven. A clan? Destiny? Capabilities? Under normal circumstances, Raven would laugh with it. Clumsy as he is, and no abilities of a real fighter at all. No, he would say that they had the wrong person in front of him.

"Well, good night Raven. Tomorrow is a new day. You will learn how to fly. As soon as you can, I will take you to meet the clan." This all got Raven very excited, and if he wasn't so tired of the excercises. He probably wouldn't fall asleep at all.

A new day, a new time for bruises and broken bones. Or so would Raven think.

But Chisagen had other plans. "Ok Raven today you will fly!"

As if he didn't say that all the other days before, thought Raven. "This is what we will do today. First you float one or two more times. Just to get used to it, then we will try the steering, gliding and the landing. If that all works, we can try the flying again."

And so it will be done. The whole day they practiced. The floating went perfect. The steering wasn't hard at all either. The landing on the other hand went very painfull. One time, Raven just fell down a cliff. If it weren't for Chisagen's flying fish, he would have been a pancake, AGAIN. Raven will be glad when he can fly. No more fallings for him then. When it started to grow dark, Raven finally was able to land. The only thing he still can't do was flying. Tomorrow he will do it. Tomorrow he will fly. He swore that on his life. And Therril, now Raven, always keeps his promises.

Another day. But today, Raven was extra pumped up. Today he will fly no matter what.

"Ok Raven, we can do everything exept flying. Today we will make it. I know it has been painfull the last few days but you got to hold out. Just remember what you can, but instead of stretching your wings, slowely let them catch air and push it all down in a heavy flap."

Raven nodded and went for it. At first it was just like the first, the second and the days after it. but when dusk was about to fall, he did it. He caught the wind, threw it down and pushed himself up that way. He did it, Raven was so happy at that moment. He could fly like a real Raven. Chisagen was very happy as well.

"Well buddy, seems like you did it. Now then, it is time you meet the clan. Oh wait I forgot to tell you. The clan exists out of 2 buildings. The main building, where our clan members are. And the side building where everyone is allowed. Meaning you cannot enter our main building yet. But I'm sure you will manage until you are accepted in the clan."

Well that was a shocker for Raven. But he had patience. Just like he had when learning to fly. Following Chisagen closely, they went to the clan. The Beacons of Hope.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 16:04:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
8/11/2011 8:23:24   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 05 - BoH, a new home?

Raven and Chisagen travelled for 2 days. While enroute Chisagen and Raven tried to talk. A raven is a smart animal so it can talk if taught so and since Therril was a human before he was transformed into a raven, it didn't took long before he could talk like a human. Though there were many things Raven wanted to talk about, there was little he dared to say of his past, afraid of what Chisagen might say.

When the pair arived at the clan's castle, Raven was struck with awe. This was not just some castle, or a club house. This was something he could not describe in words. There was this huge tower that was just shining pure intensity, pure strength it would take the willpower of a higher being to not fall to your knees for it. Then you had a tower, completely transparant but on closer look was actually pure water.
A third tower was so bright, Raven had to close his eyes almost completely to see it was actually a tower. And then you had 1 more tower you would think it could fall apart any second being so unstable and yet completely stands tall and proud. Those 4 towers seem to surround a huge hall with one last tower on it. The hall looked big and the tower had this aura over it that just gave you the feeling you were reborn.

When Raven finally managed to look away, he sees Chisagen smiling at him and slowly turning to continue going to the "castle". Raven had to hurry or he would look like a fool.

When Raven was about to enter the center hall, Chisagen stopped him. "I'm sorry friend, but you will have to wait. We can't just allow everyone in here."

Raven just nodded and waited for what seemed an eternity.

Finally the door opened and Chisagen walked back out. "Normaly we don't do this, but you are ok, so you may enter as a guest here."

Filled with joy, Raven entered the hall and what he saw overruled his whole imagination. The place was filled with the weirdest of persons and creatures. It had a silver wolf, a dude practically on flames and a young lady with fangs on her cheek next to him. Another pretty young lady dressed in blue sipping tea. Then there was this guy or is it a walking heap of cheese? A guy sleeping against the wall with a chainsaw sword on his back and then a green thing being, well the best word describing it, random. And many many more people.

Not sure what to say, he just said hello. As if he triggered a bomb, everyone jumped him or yelled hello back. Raven would have jumped out of his feathery coat from the surprise. Soon after a lot of people introduced themselves. The flaming guy his name was Imaru and the woman next to him Serenity. Apparently they were a couple. The sleeping dude's name seems to be chainsword which did ring a bell to Raven. He did hear about the M.O.P. which Eric was part of. Suddenly his mood went down after remembering Eric. Ever since that incident his whole life turned upside down.

But the moment was of short time since the whole mess called a clan just kept on being busy and having fun. The day quickly passed with jokes here and there, a small fight over who has the best color and so on. When everyone slowly went to their personal quarters, Therril suddenly realized that he had no place to go. He was so used to having a place to stay, be it in his bed in the battletower or the little nest in Chisagen's cottage.

That is when this red haired lady walked towards him.
Hello there sweety. Perhaps you did not know, but normally we don't let outsiders in the clan's hall unless there are good reasons why he or she should. However, you can go to the outsider's cabin very close to here. That place is free for everyone. Oh and I am Lady Greydawn, Eric's wife, nice to meet you."

Raven was shocked when he heard that. Though he heard that Eric was married, he never knew who she was. "I am Raven, pleased to meet you milady."

Raven bowed as much as a bird could. He also wondered why nobody looked weird at him in the first place but then again. Most people there at least looked a bit inhuman in some ways. So a talking bird would be the least of their worries.

"Excuse me lady Greydawn, but when me and Chisagen walked to the clan's base, I saw no cottage though I admit the 4 towers took most of my attention away." Lady Greydawn smiled and said: "That is ok, just follow the side path branching from the path you walked to here."

But Raven had no idea what path she talked about. Noticing the questioning look, Lady took him outside.

"The path to the Beacons of Hope is hidden for protection, but when you found the hope once, you will never lose track of it again. Hope never disappears, so neither will the path to it. Well off you go now, it is getting late and you do need rest don't you?"

Even if Raven wanted to disagree, his own eyes were getting weary. So with the last bit of energy, he hopped and in some way flew to what apparently is the cottage. It didn't look like it was abandoned, but neither did it look as grand as the 4 towers did. Little interested in the details now, Raven flew inside through an open window, since opening a door is hard with no hands, tried to find the coziest spot he could find and made himself comfortable. He didn't have much time to think about the Beacons though, he was just too tired from everything to think in fact. The darkness slowly took over and dreams and thoughts filled his mind as he was resting. Dreams of his past, his peaceful past of cleaning and enjoying life when he could.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 16:15:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
8/13/2011 16:52:39   
Therril Oreb

Filler 01 - Kitchens and Therril Part 1

The mechanical rooster made a crackling sound. Time for a new day of work for Therril. Ever since he was able to walk and hold a mop, they made him clean the hallways. Not much work you would think. Unless there are around 58 hallways that have to shine as if it was brand new. While putting his clothes on, which went very slowly already, Therril noticed that the sun was already long up. Meaning he was going to get scolded again for being lazy. Can he help it that he wants to take his time to do everything right. Ah well, it already happened, no need to rush then. While strolling to the cabinet where all cleaning equipment is to be found, he came upon Gingkage. The annoying woman always taking care of Therril when he was but a baby. At first she refused since she had better things to do. But she couldn't refuse when they threatened her to kick her out of the tower if she still refused to. That certainly didn't make it easier for poor little Therril.

"Well kiddo, late again?"

Before Therril could make an excuse, The lady said:"Keelia has something else to do for you. One of our cook helpers is sick. and they need someone to replace him until he is better." Therril helping in the kitchen. This better go well.

With Gingkage close to his feet, Therril walked to the kitchen. A place he never was allowed into because he could only get in the way. When they got closer to the kitchen, Therril already smelled to delicious fresh baked bread, the hot soup and many more delicious food a king would beg for. When the couple arrived at the door, and Gingkage opened it, Therril couldn't believe his eyes. The kitchen was easily ten times as big as his sleeproom where 10 other people sleep. Like ants everyone was scurrying around. Asking for knives, ingredients and who knows what else. Therril certainly didn't feel comfortable in there. Being lazy certainly won't be a useful trait in that chaotic mess.

"Well kid, in you go. Chef!!! Here is your replacement for your assistant."

A fat man man, with a moustache thicker then his eyebrows, came walking towards them. Therril could have sworn that the ground was shaking with every step that man took. And he is the chef here, Therril had to replace the assistant of the chef. This would be his funeral for sure. Well, better make the best of it. He better do his best or who knows what they will do to him. The chef was observing Therril very closely.

"Bah, that boy couldn't lift a frying pan if his life would depend on him, BOOYAH!"

What was that supposed to mean? He cleaned hallways for long enough to at least lift something like a stupid pan.

Ging replied:"Well, we have nobody else to spare. I am sure he can be usefull someway."

"GYAH! So be it. But if he screws up, he will be our dessert instead of apples. GAZAAH!" answered the chef back. Therril could do nothing but watch as his death sentence was being told.

"BAIR!, Come kiddo, better make you useful while you are here. AZAM!!" While Therril followed the chef to his place, Gingkage left and closed the last escape from being a dessert for the fighters in the tower. Gingkage didn't close the door for 2 seconds or already a couple of knives flew toward Therril. It was so close that it made 2 small cuts in his clothes.

To be continued in part 2

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 16:23:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
8/14/2011 6:09:57   
Therril Oreb

Filler 01 - Kitchens and Therril Part 2

"Are you out of your mind chef?!" Yelled Therril. "You could have killed me!".

The chef could only laugh. "BRAAGH! As my assistent you have to be quick and be able to do exactly as I say. If you can't do that, then this will be the last time you ever eat in your life. KAAT!"

"Just tell me what to do, I can't cook so I won't be of much use to you anyway."

Suddenly, the chef looked very seriously at Therril. "Did you really think I would let a pipsqueek like you even make a little salad? The only thing you will do is what I tell you to do. Now then, lets get to work. We wasted too much time already. GYUH!"

The whole day, yes even while everyone was eating, he had to run all across the kitchen, looking for ingredients or cooking tools. Everytime he screwed up, he nearly gets filleted or skinned. Only twice in the day he had five minutes pause to eat something very quickly. When the day was finaly over, Therril couldn't feel his legs, his arms or just any part of his body. While dragging himself to his sleeping quarters, he came across Gingkage.

"Seems like you didn't get yourself bored there. I might ask you to stay there hahaha."

Therril just ignored it, he couldn't move his tongue, he was that tired. He didn't even took the time to undress himself. He just fell in his bed and fell asleep before he even hit his cushion.

"WAKE UP YOU LAZY PANTS!"

Therril just jumped on to the ceiling out of suprise. It was still dark, and nobody was in the room, and yet someone yelled at him.

"TO THE KITCHEN NOW BUDDY!"

Therril was getting a headache from the yelling in his mind. He better went to the kitchen fast before his mind exploded. Running to the kitchen, he noticed dawn didn't break at all. The moon was still up high. What could they possibly want from him at this time at night. When Therril entered the kitchen, everyone was already hard at work making food. His reflexes saved him again, since a frying pan was flying towards his head.

"Get your lazy butt over here, I don't have all day!" yelled the chef.

Therril yawned and went to the chef for another day of work. The assistant is said to be sick for a full week. This was going to be a long week. Every day the same song. Getting yelled out of bed, nearly getting killed by the chef and a full day of work. Therril never worked so hard in his , though short, life.

The sixth day was no different. Same song, the yelling, the dodging, the working. But then disaster struck. Therril tripped and let a very big frying pan fall on the head of the chef. Normally he would dodge it, but he was concentrating very hard on a main course. The chef was unconcious and nobody could replace him. Pure chaos in the kitchen. Like everyone lost his mind. All Therril could do was trying to calm everyone down. To no avail. Therril didn't know what to do anymore.

Then, as if send by the gods themselves, the door swung open. And entered none other then the chef's original assistant. He looked totally different from the chef. Muscles instead of fat, and if he didn't look so sick, he would probably look like a real hero.

"What in blazes is going on? By the scorching fires of the oven and the freezing ice cubes of the fridge. I am sick for not even a full week and utter chaos happens when our chef is not here." The assistant quickly gave orders to everyone.

Him looking sick certainly didn't hold him back on his job. Therril could do nothing but watch in awe. Then the assistant set his eyes on Therril. He thought for sure that he would be kicked out, scolded for what he did. "You are my replacement yes? Well, now you are my assistant, hop to it."

He quickly gave a list of things to do to Therril. Therril did his best and was surprised how much influence only the assistant had on the kitchen and its staff. After the day ended and everyone left. Therril for once stayed. For once he felt good after working so hard.

"You did not bad for just being a replacement kid. I normally would stay in bed until tomorrow, but after that I saw that our chef was knocked out, I had to come. Though the kitchen is not a real place for you. I can see that in how you move. You are destined to do more fierce work then this."

More fierce? Man, this was a battlefield as if every day the world hung on it. Before Therril asked what the assistant meant with, being destined for more fierce work, the assistant left.

The next day, he wasn't called for duty. Since Therril was getting used to the schematics of working in the kitchen, he quickly departed towards the kitchen. On his way he came across Gingkage.

"Where do you think you are going? The cabinet is the other way. You are relieved of your duty in the kitchen, meaning you can clean the hallways again now. They haven't been cleaned since you worked in the kitchen, so good luck hahaaha" Gingkage laughed and left.

Therril's days in the kitchen were over, and his time as cleaner of the hallways started again. But Therril couldn't stop wondering what the assistant meant with his last words. Being destined for more fierce work. Perhaps time would tell.

The end

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 16:28:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
6/3/2012 6:16:47   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 06 - Meeting new and old people

Raven slowly woke up, still a bit sleepy it seems since he barely gets out of... his bed? As Raven tried to walk out of his bed, he fell flat on his beak. Raven totaly forgot he was still a bird and not a human. When Raven looked up, he noticed he wasn't alone. He saw a few sets of feet. Looking a bit more up he saw a familiar face and a few less familiar faces. After the grogginess finally started ebbing away, he now recognized the familiar face. It was Gingkage! Raven was stunned, what was she doing here? He wanted to fly away but then he slammed against the door. He was completely oblivious to the fact they were all staring at him.

"Are you ok little fella?" said one of the strangers.

After that the clouds disappeared out of his head, Raven finally talked. "Yes I am fine, I was just...surprised." The guy with the spiky hairstyle laughed. "So it seems. It is quite unusual to see new faces around here. Especially if it isn't even humanoid." Raven couldn't help but think that after what he saw in the clan great hall, he doubt he is the only non-humanoid out there.

"How rude of me." said the spiky hair guy. "My name is Jake. People say I am the strongest guy in the woods though I'm sure there are others. I am sort of the person welcoming everyone in what I call Battlefront. People interested in the Beacons can always come to here and get acquainted with what the Beacons are, and the Beacons can get acquainted with you. And if a spot opens up, you might get picked. The people you see here are also interested in the Beacons, but know you can be here for a while before you get voted in. So what is your name? and for that matter, what are you exactly? You can't be just a pretty bird that can talk am I right?"

Raven was surprised to hear someone could think he is more, or less depending how you look at it, then he appears to be. "I go by the name Raven but to be honest with you Jake, I don't know what exactly I am. So much has been happening in such a short time, even I find it hard myself to know myself. I just kind off stumbled here by seeing one weird guy after the other. First there was this cold, blue eyes hooded guy. Then that fishy dude going by the name Chisagen and then I ended up here since I wasn't allowed to be in the great hall anymore." It suddenly became quiet. Raven had the feeling he said something wrong.

It stayed like this for a few more long minutes until Jake spoke again. "You were in the hall yesterday? And yet weren't a Beacon nor a nominated guest? Curious indeed. There has to be a lot more around you than I thought. You sure there is nothing else you wish to say?"

Raven was still not up to telling them what happened after he ran away. Especially not with Gingkage around here. He wondered if Gingkage recognized him somehow and why is she here anyway? Did she get fired because he left? Is she looking for him perhaps? All those questions kept popping into his head.

Knowing he had to answer before anyone got suspicious of him he said:"No I am sorry, that is all I know. I even barely know the Beacons and I didn't even knew outsiders were not allowed in the great hall."
Raven could see that Jake didn't believe it completely but he didn't react on it. Instead Jake tried to change the subject. "So why are you here? Are you interested in joining the Beacons of Hope?"

That was a question so obvious he didn't even think of it yet. Why is he here? He said the first thing that popped in his mind: "I am looking for answers to questions I have yet to discover myself. And the Beacons of Hope seem to be very knowledgeable so joining them will open a wide variety of information that could help me in my quest. Why are you and everyone else here?"

Jake answered:"Well I already said I am here more to welcome newcomers here. I have little interest in joining the Beacons, I don't belong there. But if you want to know why everyone else is here, you should ask them personally."

Another stranger that was quiet up until now stepped forward. "My name is Sainsbo, I heard many great things about the Beacons of Hope so they peaked my interest. A clan is a wonderful something to know people and feel a tight bond of friendship and brotherhood."

While Sainsbo continued to rant on and on about how wonderful clans are, Raven couldn't help but notice that Sainsbo looked out of place. With his weird helmet on and skulls floating around him. It is like he got stuck between 2 time zones.

"... and that is why I want to join the Beacons of Hope." Ended Sainsbo about his wide reasoning why he wishes to join the Beacons.

"I have my own reasons, but I do not wish to tell them just yet. I can't speak openly with strangers." Said Gingkage.

Raven had to chuckle, if that was possible for a bird, for if only she knew he was that guy she was chasing daily to keep him working. The few others in the room stayed quiet. Most likely they didn't wish to tell their reasons either. Raven set the rest of these thoughts aside since they weren't important right now.

Trying to change the subject, Raven asked: "So what does everyone do here? I can hardly imagine everyone just sitting here waiting until someone gets chosen to become a Beacon right?"

The mood in the room suddenly became a lot colder. "To be honest with you Raven, it isn't very active here. People come and go here and few manage to stay here for long enough to get in the clan. The Beacons themselves rarely come to here since they already have their fun in their own hall."

Was Jake's answer. This was a disappointment for Raven. He saw how lively it was in the BoH great hall, so he had hoped for at least some interesting activity here.

Before Raven could ponder any longer, Jake started talking again. "So Raven, from what I heard from you, you haven't had the chance to explore yet, is that correct?" Raven nodded. "Well, how about you explore the land here? If you wish to get used to the environment, at least go on exploration a bit. After all, you are a bird so flying around and looking around is only natural for you correct?"

Seeing as Raven had little to do here, he agreed and flew out of an open window.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 6/19/2013 6:06:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
6/9/2012 13:51:51   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 07 - A first quest?

As Raven expected, all he was able to find were forests with a small lake on a rare occassion. Getting tired of just flying around, Raven landed on a tree that had a view on a cliff next to an open field.
Suddenly, a huge red something soared through the sky. Raven thought he jumped out of his feathers or that his feathers turned white. Once the scare in him settled down, Raven tried to look for the red form that soared by. It seemed to be returning but this time Raven was prepared and would fly after it the moment it passed. But instead of flying by again, it seemed to slow down and land. Now Raven's curiosity was peaked for certain. After a closer inspection, Raven saw it was a dragon or at least the few books he did read in the tower said that the red form is a dragon. So what could a red dragon be doing out here in the middle of nowhere since he was a bit too far from the clan's base to link the dragon with the clan. Suddenly a, what seemed to be a human in a white robe, climbed down from the dragon alongside with a weird tiny red creature. This day was getting weirder by the second.

As soon as its passengers had disembarked, the red dragon flew off. Seeing as Raven could never follow that dragon let alone unnoticed, Raven set his sights on the white robed person. On a closer look, it seemed like she was carrying something, a box of some sort. Raven wondered what could be in it. The weird red creature seemed to be talking but Raven could not quite hear it. Silently hopping from tree to tree, Raven crept closer to the odd duo. But right before Raven could hear what they were talking about, a loud roar stunned everyone. Out of nowhere a huge beast stormed at the red creature and sent him a couple of meters flying.
It was obvious the white robed person was also in danger, but Raven could do little. He was only a tiny bird compared to that beast. Time felt like it slowed down. The monster was raising his big arms towards the human. Without thinking, Raven just flew off towards the beast, aiming for the only place that would hurt no matter how big you are. As soon as Raven reached the head, he started clawing at the eyes with his talons or pecking at it with its beak. The beast screamed in pain, flailing his arms in a wild frenzy, trying to get Raven off his head. Raven managed to dodge the first few times, but the wild flurry was too much for him to out-manouvre in mid-air. Right before Raven lost his conciousness, he could see the big beast fleeing. After that, just a cold black feeling overtook him.

When Raven finaly opened his eyes again, he could see the white robed person attending to his wounds. So he must not have been out cold for very long.

A soft woman voice talked to him: "That was very brave of you. Too brave for an ordinary bird don't you think? Don't worry, I won't hurt you. I can see an interesting story laying behind this and more to come, so better leave this unspoiled. I can tell you that we will meet again soon enough. So muster your strength, you will need it."

Raven was still a bit dazed so it all seemed like a big rant to him. And why did people keep saying he has a lot to do? He was just a cursed child, no? Raven still felt like resting so he went down in a deep sleep very quickly again. By the time he woke up, he could see it is getting dark. The Beacons' clanbase being a bit too far away, Raven flew to the first place he found. It was a, what seemed to be, stronghold with a huge tree in it and the buildings woven around it. On a nameplate Raven could see the name "Oaklore". But that mattered little right now. Even though he just rested, he should find a place for the night. Lucky for him, he was not a human anymore, so he could sleep anywhere he wanted and the cover of leaves around a branch would do nicely.
After finding a suitable place, Raven made himself comfortable and went to sleep. Another day, full of new experiences, passed.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 6/19/2013 6:07:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
6/24/2012 10:44:33   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 08 - A new companion

As Raven slowly woke up, he heard something he hadn't heard in quite a while now. Blades clashing together made the trusted sound of metal scraping against each other and gave the environment a tense yet relaxed feel to it. He hadn't heard that ever since he fled from the battletower. Nostalgic as Raven was, he kind of missed it. Out of curiosity Raven started looking from where the sound was coming. After looking for a short while, Raven noticed he wasn't in just an ordinary tree. The giant oak seemed to be in the middle of what seems a small fortress. Raven wondered how he could have missed the huge walls though admittedly, he was sleepy after yesterday's skirmish and just took a tree that he liked. Soon after he found the source of the fighting. Knights clad in shiny armour were fighting each other while elder knights were refereeing the scene.
All kinds of instructions like "Parry!", "Dodge!" or "Charge!" were being yelled at the knights. Raven sighed. Even if it was short, Raven missed the days where he was learning how to fight. The feeling of a sword in his hands. Now he only had wings. Pretty ironic as kids always dream to have wings so they could fly high in the sky. Raven was no exception back when he was still "Therril" but those same wings brought this upon him. All this wondering made him remember again what his goal currently was. To find out what was going on around him. To find out why he became a bird, why people keep saying he was special and most importantly, what this curse was he had on him. Until now, Raven never really thought about it all. When he left the tower, fleeing was his only goal. When in the forest, it was about survival. Until now, Raven always had something else on his mind but now that he saw a glimp of his recent past, he remembered what he really wanted.

After staring fascinated at the sparring and training of the knights, and the occasional prank they pulled on each other, Raven noticed something that was by far more interesting. That white robed woman was going somewhere. Thinking he wouldn't be spotted since there is nothing special about birds, he simply followed the woman. As she left the keep, two knights accompanied her to the forest. While they traveled, they came across a few bandits. Altough they tried to take the party by suprise, the knights quickly disarmed the bandits and sent them of back from where they came, not seeing them enough of a threat to put into jail right now. Not even five minutes later, another obstacle appeared. A blue creature much like the one that accompanied that lady on that dragon was grinning.

"hehe. What do we have here? Two pactogonsomething knights traveling alongside a noble lady."

One of the knights answered. "We have no time for this Zorbak. Just leave us be and we won't do you anything either."

Zorbak only laughed harder. "Hahaha, as if I cared. Do you see this bear? Would be a shame to see him wake up from his sleep and get all hungry wouldn't it?"
Zorbak poked the bear rather hard a few times before it wakes up. Zorbak dissappeared into thin air and the bear started violently at the group.

"Stand back milady. We will deal with this quickly and continue without delay."
The knight quickly rushed towards the bear, jumping right over it as if he was floating in the air, landing on top of the bear. He seems to be whispering something to the bear and the bear quickly sat on the ground, falling asleep soon after.

"As expected of Sir Pressor. Nobody can handle situations without violence better then you." Said the other knight.

The trio quickly continued their trip to who knows where. Seeing as the rest went rather smooth, Raven flew a bit ahead, looking for any other possible danger. Reaching the edge of the forest without any hassle, Raven waited at the outskirt of the forest. Seeing as there was no other place to hide without suspicion.
Raven wanted to wait at the edge of the forest for the woman to have some distance before flying after her but there was not much to wait for. Suddenly a big serpent broke right through the bridge looking very threatening at the small party. Raven was stunned, how could anyone ever take such a monstrosity down?

The knights fiercely charged at the beast. They quickly dispatched it but as soon as it fell, three more heads appeared one of which seemed bigger then the others. Once more the knights swung their swords at the serpents but this time the creature was prepared and managed to grab one of the knights in its jaws.
The other knight quickly jumped back and took a better look at his foes. He took his helmet and gloves off and Raven saw rather quickly a weird symbol on the back of his hand. It started to glow for a moment and then a yellow blast of raw lightning is thrown at the serpents. A big crackling was heard, a loud roar and the serpents fell down. The knight whom was taken by one of the serpents managed to fall out of the mouth before he fell into the deep with his foe. He looked rather worn with his armour charred. "Are you insane? That blast could have killed me!" yelled the knight at his companion. The other quickly responded, "I made sure the blast couldn't really hurt you. But I wanted to deal with them quickly before you were any further than behind his teeth." The pair quickly let it go, moving back to the white robed woman. "The hydra became the repaired part of the bridge it broke himself," the charred knight pointed out, half laughing, half relieved. "The path is clear, Falconreach is just beyond this bridge, milady." "Thank you both, brave knights for your support. I am sorry to have made this such a difficult journey for you both," the woman answered. They moved on, with Raven right behind them.

It looked like they arrived at this place called Falconreach. It looked rather...civil. Nothing peculiar to see. People walking around, a merchant here and there. The only thing that Raven saw quickly was a big tower with a bird on top of it. "What kind of business would that woman have here?" Thought Raven. Shaking his head Raven wanted to continue tracking the woman but the second he was not looking at her, she dissappeared. Raven started to panic. He flew back and forth but she was nowhere to be found. But he did find the knight that blasted that Hydra. That being his only lead, Raven kept an eye on him.
The knight went into a bar so Raven had little choice but to go after him. It would blow his cover but that knight was all he had right now.

As he went into the bar, he saw a lot of people. It reminded him of the dining hall in the battletower. Rough men everywhere and the beautifull waitresses bringing the drinks and food. Hoping nobody would notice him, Raven glanced over all the tables, looking for the knight. He found him quickly. Raven could stare all day but he wanted answers and he didn't think he would get them just by watching a man drinking some moglinberry juice. After speaking some courage into himself, Raven flew and landed on the knight's table. The knight looked curiously at him.

"Yes I am a bird, a raven to be more exact," Said Raven. The knight frowned and said: "Greetings raven. With what do I earn the greetings of a bird like you?" Raven was surprised, he didn't expect anyone to greet him so casually since he was, well... a bird.

"I saw you fight against that thing you called a Hydra. I was impressed. You ended it with one blast of what I think was lightning. Do you by any chance know more about magic? Like curses? Or perhaps transformation magic?"

The knight smiled, "Yes, I can say I know quite a bit of magic though I can only practise the magic of my kind. But where are my manners? My name is Faerdin. Rune knight and loyal knight of the king."

Raven answered in kind "My name is Raven. I would like to say more but I cannot say I can trust you yet. But I do want to ask you for your help."

Faerdin continued smiling and simply answered, "Sure, what can I help you with? You look quite normal to me unless of course being a bird is not how you normally are."

If Raven didn't know better, he would laugh outloud. "Yes, you guessed quite right. I am a boy or rather I should be. A cursed one but still I should be a human. And I want to be back my normal self."

Faerdin looked interested. "Cursed you say? What kind of curse is it?"

Raven explained to Faerdin about the mark he normally has on his chest and the accidents that happened. About how he met the hooded stranger, Chisagen and the Beacons of Hope. Faerdin was listening, fascinated even. "And when I lost sight of the woman, I saw you and since you obviously had magic, I came to you for help."

"Your story sure sounds unique. Perhaps I saw a lot of runaways like yours but then a bit less... overdone. But it is your curse that fascinates me. I never heard of such a thing before. In fact, I don't even believe it to be a curse. But I cannot say for sure. I would think it is a transformation for the wings that sprouted out of your back saved your life when the time was dire. Perhaps you are born with the gift of transformation and did the hooded person you came across with try to make that clear to you."

Raven found it all much to hear and didn't quite understand it all. He wanted to be a soldier, if he had wanted to be a scholar or a magician, he would have been into books and not into swords and athletics.

Faerdin continued, "We can look into what you are or have tomorrow. I know a few places where we might get more information for you. But it is getting late so let us have a good night sleep first okay?"

Raven agreed and both went to a bed Faerdin rented. Raven perched himself on the end of the bed. Raven was exhausted after today. The tracking, the fighting, and then what Faerdin said. His childish brain has had enough for today and he quickly fell asleep.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 6/19/2013 6:08:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
3/9/2013 18:17:06   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 09 - A piece of the puzzle

Three dark individuals crept into the hallway. "Are you sure that is him?" said one of them. "Most definitly. I overheard them talking. There is no doubt. He has returned just like it was foretold. But he is young, he does not even know his origin. We should take advantage of that and take him down while we can." The two other individuals nod in agreement and continue towards the sleeping hall where Faerdin and Raven sleep. One of them sneaked inside the room while the other two stood guard in front in case anyone sees them. Once in front of the bed, the masked person gives a short hit on where Raven's neck most likely is and paralyzes him before he could even make a single noise. Putting him in a small cage and locks him in it. Then sneaked back out, nods at his companions and they sneak out.

Once outside, wings sprout out of their backs and they make a gesture to fly. Right before the first one takes off, a big gust of wind throws the three of their feet.

"There are better ways of greeting someone you know." said a voice out of the dark. The mysterious person steps into the moonlight, showing the very typical sigil of Faerdin, still glowing faintly.

The hooded men quickly get back on their feet, swords drawn. "You guys hold him off, take him down if you can. I will go ahead of you. We cannot let him escape while we have him." said one of them.

The other two agree to it and quickly rush off at Faerdin. Weapons shining in the moonlight, Faerdin fights the two. Faerdin might be very strong, the other two certainly weren't grunts. They barely hold their position against but working thogether, they manage. Looking up quickly, Faerdin notices the third one flying off with Raven is almost too high too catch. Cursing, Faerdin finishes the fight quickly wel a quick blast of lightning. Wanting to throw a third one at the third man but doesn't want to risk hitting Raven too.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a red headed person yells, "FOR FISH AND FOR TEH LULZ!" The person quickly runs and jumps from the roof and smacks the third person with what seems a giant fish. Not knowing what hits him, he gets the hit right in his face and gets thrown back to the ground.

Seeing his chance clear, Faerdin quickly hits the hooded man with the flat side of his sword and knocks him unconcious.
Faerdin quickly ties the trio down and free Raven from his cage.

The mysterious fishman appears in front of Faerdin: "Well that was a close one haha. Glad didn't zap that guy as well or you had three casualties on your hand."

Faerdin thanked the man for his help. Just then Raven came to again: "Huh? Where am I? What happened?"
Raven quickly started looking to everywhere, as he was about to panick, he saw Chisagen. "Chisagen! I am glad to see you."
Raven quickly flies to Chisagen andperches on his head. Relieved to see a familiar friendly face.

Faerdin quickly came to the point. "Raven, do you know these guys over here? They obviously were after you and they sprouted wings out of nothing just like you said you did when you almost fell out of the tower."

Raven shaked his head. "No I don't Faerdin. But I certainly want to hear what this is all about. And I want to know if they are related to me somehow."

Faerdin and Chisagen took the trio of strangers to the big tower of the town. When theyfinaly reached it, one of the guards stopped them, saw Faerdin and nodded. Letting them in.
Faerdin said to the guard: "We need a place where we can be alone and is sealed of the outside."

The guard called for a third guard and told him to bring them to the dungeon. "We will lock the door behind you so you are alone. Is it anything we need to be worried about Rune Knight?"

Faerdin shaked his head: "No, they are of no threat to the Guardians but they are no amateurs so I need to be sure nothing can go wrong."

The guard understood it and let them go inside the tower. While walking, Raven looked quite impressed at everything. The place was filled with the weirdest of things. The guards looked the most normal here. You had weird winged creatures, horses inside, you could hear battlecries from behind a door. No doubt this had to be a place with great magic.
They went down where it got a bit colder and darker. No doubt these stairs were for the dungeons. They went inside one of the rooms that had closed doors. Not like the bars you would see in a more typical dungeon. When Chisagen, Faerdin and Raven entered the room with the 3 unknown persons, the door was closed behind and and locked by the sound of it.
Faerdin woke the three up after making sure their bonds are still tight.

"Ok, this might sound like a cliche but who are you, what do you want from Raven and more importantly, what are you? You are no normal humans yet you look like them."
Faerdin pulled their hoods and masks off. As he said, they looked perfectly normal yet you cannot ignore the wings on their back.

One of the three quickly said: "We are soldiers of the great leader Ramon. We have nothing to say to the likes of you infernal beings."

Faerdin quickly retaliated: "For being infernal beings, we certainly dispatched of you rather quickly. So you better start talking or my fish friend here will have to wet things up here."
Chisagen grinned , opening his mantle, showing a variety of fish from small to big. Raven couldn't help but chuckle.

The person that talked grunted. "Heh, we are prepared to die for our cause. What makes you think that we would talk? If we do not return or send a message, a new squad will be sent out. and they will finnish the job then. The prince will not be alowed to re... OUCH!"
One of his companions bit him. "Idiot, you might as well say everything!"

Faerdin soon realised already what the rest of the sentence was. "The prince? You mean Raven here is a prince? Come on, spit it out man. You already told us the cue, you might as well say the rest. What are you? What is Raven here?"
The strangers staid silent. Faerdin knew he wouldn't get much out of them anymore but Raven wouldn't want to give up now. Not when he is so close to discovering what he is.

Raven jumped of Chisagen went to the person that told he appears to be a prince. "You will tell me right now what I am. I had it with all these mysteries. Curses, transformations and hitting trees!"
Chisagen chuckled when Raven said that.

The person that hasn't spoken yet suddenly turned around. "It seems like you really are like your father, may his soul rest with the trees. Release my companions, they have a family. And I will talk."
Faerdin and Chisagen were suprised with that answer. Raven could almost jump of joyness.
They agreed to it, they took the weapons of them but let them go free. As soon as they were at the outside of the tower, the 2 flew away as fast as they could. Most likely to warn this fellow Ramon. But that was the least of their worries right now. Finaly they would hear what it is all about.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 3/11/2013 15:24:27 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
3/10/2013 5:30:03   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 10 - An answer and a challenge

The four sat down at a table, seeing as the mysterious offender cooperates, Faerdin decided to make things more comfortable for everyone.
"Let's start as civilized people shall we? My name is Faerdin, this is Chisagen and our bird friend here is Raven."

Raven quickly interrupted. "To be fair to everyone. My real name is Therril. But until now I didn't want to tell my real name. Since I will finaly get answers, I want to be honest with everyone."

Chisagen and Faerdin nodded and turned their heads to the stranger. "And you are?"

"My name is Brian. Like my former companions, I am part of the guard of Ramon. Leader of the Raven clan. But now, I am nobody. An outcast for I am about to reveal what has been a secret for a long time now, but that does not matter. My life is sacrifial anyway for the clan, but ever since that faithful day, my life has no meaning to me anyway. Not before Ramon usurped the throne from your father, Therril."

Raven was shocked but kept his beak shut. As he wanted to hear more. "You can keep talking Brian, I will listen and speak after you are finished."

"Very well, my liege. Let me first start with who you are. You are the first and only son born of the former leader of the Raven clan. Revondil Oreb. Hence you are Therril Oreb, rightful leader of the clan."

Faerdin interrupted Brian. "Before we go any further into family reunions, could you explain what you are? and what the clan is? Things will be easier to pick up on before we start talking about betrayals, treachery and all that kind of things."

Brian nodded and continued: "The raven clan is an ancient clan and race at the same time. Born a very long time ago as an experiment of the elements Darkness and Wind. We may look human, but we always deemed ourselves superior for we have the adaptivity of humans but the mind, grace and flying abilities of the animal you all know as a raven. Back in time, ravens were a lot smarter and were used as messengers and even rarely as a councilman or spokesman. Now they are just animals like there are plenty of in the woods. With a weak mind, easy to control. A hollow reflection of the noble creatures they once were."

Faerdin stepped in again, "So did your race exist during that time too?"

Brian continued, deep in thoughts, "No, We were born later. Some ravens that excelled in their duties were gifted with the power to live and create our own things with what we could find. Much like how the humans themselves started. We have the power to change our form between human and raven. But we all have different degrees of how much we can master. Most of us can only change between human and bird form. They are but the peasants of the clan. They are never alowed to be soldiers. Then you can have anything between the forms. Some can turn their hands or feet into talons or change their arms into wings to fly. They perform the minor tasks of the army. Like scouting or being a watch. Then you have people like me. We can sprout wings but keep the rest of our human form giving us the fighting advantages that a human can have but we can fly just as easily. We are the strong part of the army. We can vary in rank depending on our strengths but that is like anywhere else."

Therril was looking puzzled, "And what about the children? Do ranks matter?"

Brian had to smile, "As for marrying and birthing children. The society is unlike others. A high ranked soldier could marry a peasant women and live hapily and everyone would accept it. Or at least it was like that when I was there for the last time. The children themselves can be like the mother, like the father or something in between. For some unknown reason though, males can never cast magic without tools. And women can never shapeshift anything else but into a bird, a human or a human with wings."

Chisagen frowned, "So how do you decide on a leader then? Assuming of course that the way this Ramon got the throne did it in the unofficial way."

Brian nodded, "There is one family that can do anything. They can change any part of them into that of a mighty raven. They are the royal family. meaning your father's family and you too Therril. You are superior to any of the raven clan thus are the leader. And normally everyone agrees with it but Ramon didn't. He was jealous of the family. He found it unfair that the leading family had the right to lead without exception. Ramon doesn't have the abilities your father had but he was way stronger. His brute force combined with the speed of his wings took your father down very quickly. There was not even a warning for the king. He flew to your father and knocked him out without a second thought and claimed the throne for his own."

Raven was stunned by it. "How is that possible? Weren't there guards? A king has guards to protect him, right?"

"He does, and the guards fought back but none could match his strength. You were the only chance our people had and Ramon knew that. You were born for only a few months, so Ramon could dispatch of you easily. Your mother on the other hand he wanted for himself So He offered to spare your life and hers if she would become his new wife. She loved your father too much for agreeing to that, so she could never love Ramon but Ramon did not care. He gave the clan a more military character. The farmers had to turn everything in they harvested. The smiths were only allowed to forge weapons and armour. These are dark times. Only the elite and the high ranked soldiers can have a good life for they are strong and deserve to live according to Ramon. They can have food and women, pleasure and fights. I had little to say in it so I just accepted the fate of the clan. But your mother did not. When she saw a chance, she ran away in the middle of the night. Fleeing with you in her arms. Sadly, Ramon caught up with her. His guard caught her before she was far anough to call for help. With the last of her strength, she cast a teleport spell on you. Nobody knew to where and your mother never told anyone where to. And it had cost her life in the end for Ramon was furious."

Chisagen suddenly started to talk out of the blue, "Whoa whoa whoa, spells? So you guys can cast spells as well? Is there something you cannot do or are you really the perfect race you claim to be?"

Brian had to laugh, "We see ourselves as perfect but we are not as Ramon already has shown. Only the women of our tribe are able to cast spells. But they are more frail and can only sprout wings. They have only magic as a way of self-defence or as offensive abilities. Your mother, Therril, was beautiful but was not strong when it came to combat. But nobody could doubt her strength as a wise person or her teleportation magic. She could send anything to anywhere."

Faerdin was muttering to himself, "But how come we never heard of your people before? Not a single book nor a single place I have been to have I ever come across so much as a notion of this raven clan."

"You are correct in that for we never wanted to be known to the outside. Ever revealing who we are resulted in a death penalty. It is one of the strictest laws we have. Which is why I said my life is worth less than nothing now. We live on a secret isle somewhere near the mainland made of pure forest. If you venture into it, our females make sure that whoever enters, leaves on the other side of the forest without them noticing we are there. Of course, if things go wrong, our soldiers have to take care of the intruders though lately, Ramon simply gave the order to kill every person who enters the forest that is not part of our clan."

"So why do you talk so easily then? You are a soldier of Ramon, thus you could get what you want," retaliated Chisagen.

"It is brutal and I don't see it as fair. I don't want Ramon on the throne anymore. But I am too weak. When word got out that a boy fell out of a tower and sprouted wings, the clan was in an uproar. The lost prince lives? It was a curse and a miracle at the same time. Hope sparked in people but Ramon was furious. Me alongside with two others of the elite were sent to find you and capture you. I could not refuse when Faerdin here managed to take us down, I saw a chance. And here we are now. But it seems like the hope is small. You know nothing of your heritage Therril nor could you even be on par with the lowest of our soldiers, let alone Ramon."

Therril looked assured of himself, "Then teach me. Teach me of what I can, learn me how to fight. And I will take Ramon down and avenge my family."

Brian didn't look as hopeful, "You are 12 years by now? You would need more then 20 years of experience and hard training before you might even stand a chance. Even so, you have to get past the whole army, that would be impossible. Not with those numbers."

Faerdin and Chisagen stood up. "But he is not alone. He can count on the help of the knights of swordhaven and the pactagonal knights." added faerdin.

"And the Beacons of Hope will not stand still for such injustice, we are in too!"

Therril shook his head "I don't want this to be an open war. I don't like war. So many innocent would die for no reason. This is something I must do but I do need help. I might be young but I can learn fast. I need all three of you to help me train to stand against Ramon and his guards. That is all I need."

Chisagen had to laugh. "You think that will be enough? You will need more help if you plan to become a one man army. Let us all help and then you can decide how we will end this tyranny."

"Thank you, all of you. And especially you Brian. You will certainly not die by Ramon's hand. I will assure you that."

The day had passed before Therril and the rest knew. Just explaining the situation and Therril's origins took a complete day and night. Tired and filled with information the four of them went to bed. Faerdin compensated the costs for the beds for everyone and soon they all felt asleep.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 3/13/2013 8:33:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
3/13/2013 8:32:51   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 11 - Training through time and space

The next day, Therril woke up rather early. He noticed that Brian had already gotten out of bed. Curious what Brian was up to, Therril went looking for him. When Therril flew outside, he didn't see anyone. It was still too early for anyone to be up yet. Wondering if Brian had left, Therril flew up and started scouting the town. He found Brian on top of the Falconreach tower and quickly flew towards him.

"Early riser as well my lord?" Remarked Brian.

"Actually only ever since I fled from the battletower, I wake up early. Before that Gingkage always had to yell me out of bed. Every morning she yelled at me, telling me I was lazy and that it was about time I should make myself useful." Even though Therril never liked it, telling Brian about it made him smile.

Brian laughed, "Haha, reminds me of back when I was about as old as you. My older brother never wanted to get out of his bed either. Saying that sleep was more necessary to be fit enough for combat."

Therril quickly responded to that, "Your brother? You have a brother? What is he like? I mean, what does he do?"

Brian's mood quickly changed. "He died. Remember when I said that the king's guards did try to apprehend Ramon?" Therril nodded. "My brother was among them. He was one of the few that never gave up. He refused to let Ramon to usurp the throne. It cost him his life."

It became silent. So silent even the wind stopped blowing. Therril wanted to apologise, "I... I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to.."

Brian tried putting up a smile again, "It is ok my lord, you didn't know. I couldn't do anything about it since I was not there when it happened. It was only later that we heard about it. He fulfilled his duty so we can only be proud of him."

Therril wanted to catch on to that but suddenly Chisagen and Faerdin called out to them. "Hey, you guys going to stay up there? We have work to do!"

Therril got curious. "What are you planning Faerdin?"

Faerdin answered, "Well you need to learn how to fight but you also need to learn to control your powers. But you would need years of experience before you would even stand a chance against Ramon. He sounds like a tough cookie so you will need help. And a lot of it too."

Therril said rather quickly, "But I don't have years. While we idle and waste time here, The clan... MY clan is under the reign of that tyrant. And Brian is in danger too as we speak. Can't we speed things up? A crash course? Anything?"

Chisagen grinned, "Or perhaps we should slow things down. Training takes time and patience. But that doesn't mean that everything around you has to wait. Faerdin came up with the idea while we slept and explained it to me. He will explain it all later. I will get help in the meantime. You will need more people to teach you. Brian can teach you how to control your shapeshifting abilities and Faerdin could teach you swordmanship. But you need to learn as well. You have to be able to adapt to every situation. I will get help for that, but you should follow Brian and Faerdin's orders from now on Therril. You want to solve it, you better start listening then." That said, Chisagen waited a moment and then turned around and left towards the forest.

Therril agreed to the proposal. "But in the end, it will be my responsability ok? I owe all of you a big favor but I won't let any of you get involved with my people's business."

Brian's eyes showed a spark of hope. Seeing there might be a chance for a new reign in the raven clan, Brian swore to himself he would teach Therril all he knew. "So what is the plan Faerdin? What is this time slowing thing Chisagen talked about?"

Faerdin scraped his throat, "It is rather simple. Therril here needs a lot of time yet has little the way Therril wants to solve it. But he is correct. As we speak, I am sure Ramon wants to deal with us as soon as possible so we better get a move on. We will be needing a bit of mad help to accomplish this though. Cysero is the answer then. Follow me, it is a gamble but if someone can help us with a time problem, Cysero is the best, or rather the worst, person to talk to." Faerdin turned and walked over the main road with Brian and Therril behind him. Both looking puzzled with what Faerdin meant.

While Brian and Therril followed Faerdin, Therril looked around. He hadn't had time to see the town since his arrival. It was a pleasant sight, slowly people started waking up, the vendors opening their shops. The early birds already looking for the good sales before the mass arives. It sure looked nice to grow up in here. Only a few minutes later, they came across, what to Therril's suprise just looked like two big doors, and a funny looking guy in front of it. He wears a green shirt and a hammer on his side. He didn't look like your average townfolk.

"Greetings Cysero" Said Faerdin. "Me and a couple of friends are in need of your assistance."

The person grinned, "Greetings Rune Knight, what brings you to me on this sunny day ready for the experiments? Need a new flashy sword? Or perhaps you are looking for a fuzzy ball to help you in your travels?"

"Not of the sort Cysero. We need time. And a lot of it." Answered Faerdin.

Cysero's face didn't stop smiling, "That is unusual for you to ask. But it sounds like fun. TO THE TIME BOOTH!"

Before Therril or Brian could even say a word, Cysero grabbed them and pulled them through the doors.

When they entered, Therril certainly didn't expect to see this. A huge tower, filled with weird items. From an angry looking squid, to the flashiest of swords. And by the looks of this, Brian didn't expect this either.
They continued walking, Therril couldn't help but notice an image of the green fellow behind every counter. As if there were dozens of him. Therril decided not to pay it any attention since Faerdin didn't either.
Suddenly they stopped at this weird, box like thing. Therril guessed it would be this so-called time booth.

"Step inside everyone, time's a wasting and by the sound of what Faerdin said, you have none left!" Said Cysero with an unusual voice. Therril didn't know what to think of him but he trusted Faerdin. So he went along with it and entered this booth.

As the four of them entered the booth and Cysero closed the booth, and boy it was cramped in here, nothing happened. Or Therril thinks nothing did. After five minutes, a "Ding!" was heared and Cysero opened the booth. He walked through the door but Therril couldn't see what was outside. It was dark in there, or so it seemed.

"Don't be afraid guys, it might be a bit empty here but thats about it. there are not even steps to watch out for." Said Cysero.

Both Brian and Therril hesitated, Faerdin didn't even blink. "It is ok guys. Cysero might be a bit of an oddball, he can be trusted... well most of the times."

That did not confort Therril at all but seeing as he had little choice, he just followed Faerdin alongside Brian.

Cysero raised his arms and said with a clear voice "Welcome! To the realm of time and space! The place where time and space make on difference, where nothing happens yet a lot does."

Faerdin quickly caught on to that. "Here we can stay for the time being. Here time goes not like other places. It can be seen as the space between different realms. Which means you also have a lot of space here. But that doesn't mean you can just wander of. Other times and spaces are still here, touch one and you are stuck in there untill Cysero can get you out. Also, time still moves in the Lore we know, but a day here could be seen as a month outside. So it gives us more time at least so we better make good use of this."

Therril and Brian nodded. "I'll start then with teaching His Blackness how to control his heritance. Without that, he wouldn't even stand a chance against even the lowest of citizens."

And so it began. Pretty ironic when you think of it. Therril's desire to train as a soldier is what ended up into a disaster. And now he trains to save what would be his people even though he has never even seen them. Therril doesn't know why but somehow, it felt like the right thing to do.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 4/3/2013 16:07:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
4/11/2013 12:41:48   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 12 - The first lesson, the first form

Brian looked very serious at Therril. "We have no time to waste. I want you to listen to me very carefully my prince."

Therril nodded. "I will do my best Brian."

"I don't know how to explain this since to every person of our clan, it comes as natural to shapeshift but I will do my best. You are currently in the raven form. Meaning you are small, nimble and very fast. This is the most mobile form we have. Though those that can form wings behind their back are also quite fast. Not as fast but they have their body to perform other actions. such as fighting. To master your ability to transform, we first need you to get to the extremes. Total human and total raven will be the first two to master. I want you to close your eyes, imagine yourself in a human form. Feel every part in your body."

Therril closed his eyes and did as Brian said. He imagined how it felt to be human. First thing he thought of was his head of course. To feel his ears, twiddle his nose. And suddenly, he felt like he really was transforming. Brian and Faerdin suddenly started laughing.

Therril looked weird at the duo. "What is so funny?"

What Therril did not see was something went wrong. Cysero grabbed a mirror and gave it to Therril. Where used to be his raven head, was now a human head. But... the rest did not change. So now he was a raven with a human head! The sight was quite... unique and disturbing. Therril was stunned, it took a few more minutes for Faerdin, Brian and Therril to regain their composure.

Still laughing slightly, Brian said: "I guess that due to the fact that..hehe... you are of royal blood, you can change any part of you in a human or raven part. From the bright side, it proves that you ARE the son of our belated king. Don't expect to master this ability too fast. Usualy at 6 most children learn how to change and that means while they spend 5 years of only playing and fooling around. So you have to give it some time. Hihi."

There was not much else Brian could say to Therril regarding shapeshifting. Only that it takes time.The first few weeks, Therril was only either able in a kind of awkward failed shapeshift. Like having a wing and a talon but the rest human. Or this one time where he had a raven body but all the rest was human. or a few times that Therril was actually able to shift from raven to human. It is harder then Therril imagined. He had to concentrate quick hard just to shift. It took in the end about 6 months before Therril could shift back and forth without too much thinking. It wasn't perfect yet, but it had to do for now.

Therril grew impatient so he went over to Brian. "Brian, I can become a raven and human now and it only takes me a few seconds. Isn't that good enough?"

Brian only nodded. "You forget that a battle only takes a few seconds and it is over. If you need an entire battle jsut to change forms, imagine someone drawing his sword but takes 10 seconds for that. He wouldn't have a single chance when fighting the royal guards let alone Ramon. But I guess you are still young and can't fully grasp this. Allow me to demonstrate."

Brian threw his sword to Therril. "Attack me. I won't use a single weapon."
Therril hesitated at first. Brian yelled at Therril again. "You gonna fight or are you gonna die?!"
This time Therril unsheathed the sword. Not sure what the best tactic was, Therril decided to go for the frontal assault. But right after he raised the sword, he felt a hit and everything turned black all of a sudden.

When Therril woke up, he saw Brian hanging over him. He was not standing, he was flying above him. "Do you understand now Therril? I had my wings out and hit you before you even had the chance for one single attack. Imagine what would have happened if I was armed and ready to kill you? That is what it is like outside."

Therril was shocked. He didn't see Brian like that before. He didn't know what to do... or say for that matter. It all happened so fast.

A moment later, Brian calmed down. "I'm sorry my prince but you have to understand. This is not like the tales of heroes children hear. This is hard and cold reality."

Therril stayed silent. He simply walked away from Brian and continued practising. All that he was thinking of now was that he had to get stronger, faster, better.
Another few months passed on, Therril shapeshifted quite fast now, almost within the blink of an eye. It became natural to him now.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/30/2013 7:24:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
5/30/2013 8:02:22   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 13 - Swords and companions

Brian walked towards Therril. "Now you are on par with your average soldier when it comes to shapeshifting into your primary forms. Perhaps a bit faster but not too much. But this alone won't help you much. Your raven form only serves as means of scouting, escaping hiding. Anything like that. And you have your human form to blend in with the outside crowd though that will not serve you all too well when it comes to fighting a bunch of flying raven shifter soldiers. We will put the shifting on a hold for now. Next you need to learn how to fight. Can I assume you will fight the way your father did, with Ravel?"

Therril looked confused. "Ravel? What is that? I only learned some basic moves from master Eric with the sword. Or well for master Eric it was more a short sword but for me it was a longsword in length."

Brian's eyes started to glow. "Ravel is a sword. But no ordinary sword, it is your father's sword which was passed down from his father. It is your family heirloom. But it is no simple ornament you hang on the wall. Ravel was made by the best smith of his time in cooperation with the leader of the raven clan from that time and with the support of one of our few mages.
The smith created the form, he used a dark metal known to a very few, even I do not know what material it is. He made the blade a bit longer then the longsword to create the bit of extra reach. but he gave it something special, or rather, he removed something. His weight."

Therril was fascinated. "How is that possible? Not even magic can make something weight nothing."

"You are quite correct Therril. The weapon is not weightless, if you drop it, it will still fall down on the ground. But he did remove what was inside the blade. in fact, the blade is hollow, only a thing layer." Answered Brian

Therril realised something then. "But how can the sword be used in a fight then? On the first hit it will bend if not being cut to pieces."

"Correct again Therril. That is where the mage comes in. He filled the inside of the blade with pure magic. Magic that works on only a few conditions, and these conditions are their own magic.
First of all, only one of the royal family bloodline can wield this weapon. That is why Ramon will never be able to wield Ravel. Anyone else trying to lift the sword will automatically get repelled.
The royal family was meant to rule indefinitely. Something Ramon never wanted to understand. Strength is power in his eyes."

Therril's eyes started to burn for a second. Reminded why he was doing all this. "What else did the magician do?"

"The first one was on request of the leader. The second one was on request of the smith. 'Let the sword never rust or go dull. To have it live on for centuries to come. To be among our leaders forever more.'
And so it was done. The sword would stay in perfect shape no matter what nature plans to do..
And then the mage put something of herself in it. 'When the leader wields this sword, his wings be a shelter to all his people."
With this, your wings will be invulnerable to harm as long as it is meant to protect your people."

Therril was amazed. "All that in a single blade. All that work. That leader sure had to be an impressive person to make such a feat happen."

Brian chuckled. "He sure was. Therril was an amazing person. A strong leader for no less then 70 years."

"Ehm... I am here, I am not dead yet. And I haven't lead anything yet Brian." Said Therril

"I guess I forgot to say this. You weren't the first Therril in the royal bloodline. Your father had great expectations from you. So he named you after the first leader. Therril. So when you climb the throne, you will be Therril II."

"Ah.. ok then. Were the pommel, the grip and the cross guard as special as the blade?" Asked Therril

"If you mean as magical? no. But they certainly have a meaning. The cross guard was made of Therril's own wing feathers. Melted into metal and placed on the cross guard, like wings spreading and ready to fly. The grip was a mere metal bar but strapped with the strongest of black leather that could be found. Your hand won't ever slip while wielding this sword. As for the pommel, another item got metalized by the blacksmith. The beak of a raven. In respect of our ancestors, the beak is there alongside with the cross guard to remind us of our past of what we were and where we belong."

"That sword must be amazing. But where is it?"

"Where it was when Ramon took care of your father. In the throne room, in the throne to be exact. guarded closely by Ramon. He knows he cannot wield it, but he knows you live so as long as you are there, someone can wield the blade. Hence he wants nobody even close to the sword."

Both Therril and Brian stood there silently for a few minutes. Brian seemed to be waiting for someone as he was just staring. Therril was imagining how incredible the sword is. Imagining how he would beat Ramon in one fell swoop. Suddenly the time booth appeared out of nowhere. Brian grinned while Therril was so scared he instantly shifted to raven form and hid behind Brian's head.
Out of the time booth, a series of persons walked out. Or should I say, jumped and fell out. Some landed, others ate dirt. Therril could only blink and look. What in the name of the avatars is going on?

The first one to speak was Faerdin. "Hey Brian, how is Therril holding up with training?"

"Well he can become human and raven with no problem so we have a start. In fact, you came just in time. It is time he learns a bit about combat." Said Brian.

While Faerdin and Brian were talking, Therril was looking who stood there. Cysero quickly jumped back into his booth and flew of to who knows where. There was Chisagen, Gingkage, a wolf, a purple fairy, a purple woman clad in armor and a small dragon beside her. Therril already gave up on asking how they all fit in there before even trying to ask.

Faerdin quickly rounded everyone up. "I thank all of you for coming with me. As I explained earlier, Therril here is like all of us unique in his own way. But he is young and inexperienced, and perhaps brazen, impulsive and..."

"Hey! I am standing right behind you!" Therril yelled quickly.

Gingkage recognized that voice. "So it IS you. I didn't think you had survived there. I looked over a lot of places for you but you were nowhere to find."

"You were looking for me? Who are you? What did you do with the Gingkage I know and is that your wolf there?"

Gingkage laughed. "Hahaha, You most likely only saw me as the angry overseer that orders you around. But I also took care of you for I knew you were not normal. The caretakers were made aware of this ever since you arrived in the battletower. And the wolf here is called Blaze. He is not mine, but he and I travel together as companions and friends. But enough about me. What did you put yourself into this time?Who did you anger that you need a whole bunch of different warmongers to help you?"

Faerdin came in between. "I was just about to get to that but someone had to interfere with me." Faerdin chuckled and looked at Therril. "Just like we all experienced, Therril too has a story and a destiny he has to go through. But right now he would only get in his own way. Even a skeleton would pose a threat to him. The whole story will be told later. But I do want to ask all of you to help Therril here to get better in combat. The reason why we are here is because even as we speak, The people after Therril are planning to get rid of him and we needed more time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask."

Both the purple fairy and woman clad in armor raised their hand, grinning as they looked at each other. First the fairy spoke. "What do you think of the color purple Therril?"

Therril didn't know what to say. "I.. ehm.. I love the color black. But..." before Therril was finished, The fairy dropped a bucket of purple paint on him. She quickly flounced away, giggling all the way.

Then the other woman spoke. "How does raven meat taste? Never tried it before."

Therril grew more and more frightened. "I thought they would help. Not try to kill me!"

Faerdin laughed out loud. "Hey, they are all from the Beacons of Hope. You should see how they are when the whole bunch is there. hahaha!"

The whole group laughed out loud. Leaving Therril confused whether he had to be scared or happy.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 5/31/2013 19:03:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
8/31/2013 9:19:00   
Therril Oreb

Chapter 14 - Dodge!

Faerdin walks up to Therril. "Come Therril, time to get serious. You can shape shift at will now so that is good. While Brian and a few others will train you in the art of sword fighting, Me and the others will teach other tricks and skills you need for combat. The first being... to dodge. Have at it!"

Before Therril could even open his mouth, a barrage of spells, arrows and who knows what flew at Therril. Following his instincts, Therril started to run away. Trying to dodge as much as possible.

Brian flew next to him. "You have wings, use them!"

Therril focused and turned into a raven. The smaller and more agile body made it easy to maneuver between the shots. Getting confident, Therril turned around and wanted to go forwards. Dodging fireballs and arrows left and right, Therril went for the strike, when suddenly everything went dark. He was awake, he can move but he is inside something.

"You might be agile now, but you are small and easy to capture. You also focus to much at one point, giving you blind spots all over you. You didn't think we went all out already on you, did you?" Said the female voice that asked how tasty he was.

Therril got released from what now seemed to be an ordinary bag. Brian walked to Therril. "I told you to use your wings, not your bird brain."

"I did use my wings Brian. As a raven I am nimble, agile, hard to hit...."

"An easy to catch. Your enemy doesn't even have to strike you, a simple bag can hold you already." Interrupted Brian.

"But if I can't use my raven form, then what?.... Oh... you don't mean." Therril realized Brian wants to force Therril to partial shape shift.

"You seem to get it. Good, looks like your instincts are starting to get in the right place now. let's try this again shall we?" Brian snapped his fingers and the group starts firing at Therril again.

Therril never made a partial shape shift until now... not on purpose at least. Seeing as he has little time, Therril focused on wings growing from his back and soon it happened. It felt weird though. Seeing as Therril had no time to take his time in balancing himself out, he quickly took off. Once again, spells flew at him from left and right. Therril tries his best but he is larger then a raven now and occasionally gets scraped hits. But Therril kept going, untill soon after, Therril gets a direct hit on his wings, making him tumble down. As if he was born doing this, his other wing stretched out to reduce the fall speed as good as possible, making Therril land in a not too hard way.

"Not bad, dodging seems to be no problem to you. If you keep this training up for a few weeks, you should be able to dodge most direct spells without a sweat. But only dodging won't do. So your new training schedule will go as follows. Me, Faerdin, Imaru and Eric will practice your sword fighting techniques. I will focus mainly on aerial combat while Faerdin will teach you how to fight magic users. Imaru will teach you how to parry and Eric will look into all the finer details. But it would be too easy if this was it. So at the most random moments, you will get attacked and you will have to dodge until you are either you are taken down or you take the others out. Don't worry, I can't expect of you to beat all of us, you just need to be able to land a single hit on them and this will count as if they are down."

While Brian explains everything, Faerdin and Cysero walk up to Brian and Therril. "Yah know, Cysero gave us a little secret. He can bring us to any point in time as long as it doesn't change the future. So we could have some fun in some past wars for practice."

"Did I hear war?" said the purple female fighter.

"Yes Mritha, it would be boring for all of us if we didn't have some wars to fight in." Faerdin was grinning in a very devious manner. "So you better heal quickly Therril for we won't wait for you if Cysero opens a way to a war."

Therril looked confused. "How is a war fun?"

"Oh, you'll see Therril. But rest for now, your wing looks badly hurt. Odgne's fireballs can be quite nasty."

Therril did so. After some healing and resting, Therril wnet back on his feet and started his long training.

< Message edited by Therril Oreb -- 8/31/2013 10:31:28 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Therril Oreb The Raven(origins)
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition