Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: How does fame affect the game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: How does fame affect the game?
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2011 11:03:14   
SouL Prisoner

@green

fame has given us many good advantages

its juzz people that doesnt "see that way"

one of the advantage

many new and old players meet up only coz of the "fame spot,place --oz"

were u find so many players , things could be taken in many +ve way.

ppl only c the annoying part of fames.

juzz "for once LOVE FAME [trust me u will get 2 c many gud things behind fame"
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
8/11/2011 11:03:19   
One Winged Angel1357

Fame in itself is a hypocritical idea that was impletemented

I shall go into all of the ins and outs of that:
1) Fame is who can beg more and not who is really good. Point my Merc alt has a 70+% win ratio at Lv 32 and its 90% 2v2 wins I was a hero mid lv 31 and yet i have 18 fame. My mage was part of the Fame for Fame topic for a little while ebcuase i was faming the under 100's and Shari slapped my onto the list, His ratio is 50% at best and he has almost 500 fame. We know which character is better and yet the "Begger" has more fame(begger is in "" becuase i never asked to be on the board)
2) The idea of Fame was shutdown on EDF becuase it promoted Begging and socilizing over PvP'ing by both the forums so why is it here now and why are we seeing exactly what we said would happen
3) if we where to punish F4F it should be 3 warning 1 day chat lock 1 week chat lock 1 month chat lock and if your stupid enough to keep begging perma Chat lock and maybe bring up a can chat menu so they can say Hi and stuff

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/11/2011 11:04:03   
Stabilis

OK, I still don't understand why its so great though. Same with rating (unless you get rating by fighting well and being involved). Its just a section disclosed from ED's battle system so its really a filler acting like a well played feature. I am oblivious to fame, missions, some achievements, and non-battle items; all with good reasons.
AQ Epic  Post #: 53
8/11/2011 11:04:21   
midnight assassin

@ green rain
I know what goldsyaler posted is funny but this is one thing that is happening to ed right now. Lots of spamming and flooding. Isn't it irritating if your'e getting spammed by f4f, free win or no heal?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
8/11/2011 11:05:26   
comicalbike

i understand goldslayer 1 but the mods wont i wish wiseman was back and we could have a very good one not a nooby mod

Epic  Post #: 55
8/11/2011 11:06:40   
midnight assassin

I agree with comicalbike.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
8/11/2011 11:06:43   
Basicball

lol, you say topis about fame are not allowed in a topic about fame, i love you ^.^

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
8/11/2011 11:07:43   
midnight assassin

^ Uhm fame begging is not allowed but talking about it is allowed . Anyone can clarify if this is wrong.

< Message edited by midnight striker -- 8/11/2011 11:11:36 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
8/11/2011 11:11:07   
Stabilis

quote:

I know what goldsyaler posted is funny but this is one thing that is happening to ed right now. Lots of spamming and flooding. Isn't it irritating if your'e getting spammed by f4f, free win or no heal?

?!?! Anyways spam and soliciting are very real issues but they are minor issues. I am very good at ignoring the chat bubbles shown unless in a 2v2 I would need to chat with my teammate. You others may want to suggest closing chat windows and chatting with another person altogether to prevent harassers from harming you. In some other games there is a way to ignore certain people.
AQ Epic  Post #: 59
8/11/2011 11:14:01   
goldslayer1

quote:

Anyways spam and soliciting are very real issues but they are minor issues. I am very good at ignoring the chat bubbles shown
heres the problem if ur trying to read what ur friend says the message gets washed away by "f4f PLZ" all the time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 60
8/11/2011 11:14:02   
midnight assassin

@green rain
Good for you but I'm the silent type and can easily get irritated with spamming.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
8/11/2011 11:14:57   
SouL Prisoner

so

wat happen wid "wiseman"

did he retire????

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
8/11/2011 11:19:28   
midnight assassin

@soul
I don't know but why is he not in the list of ed gd mods?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 63
8/11/2011 11:23:01   
goldslayer1

ok guys ill use an example again.
look at this char Noob
now look at this char Deathnightmare
see the difference?
noob is a lvl 1 with 0 wins. and Deathnightmare is a lvl 33 veteran emperor with 77k+ wins and is on the all time. and is 7 stars.
he's worked hard for what he achieved (solo, team and jugger badges aswell as all others)

so why does noob have more fame than Deathnightmare when noob doesn't deserve it when Deathnightmare does?

still dont see whats wrong?
fame is a flawed system.
a good way to fix it is by removing begging from the game.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/11/2011 11:24:37 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
8/11/2011 11:25:56   
midnight assassin

So you're telling us that if you're a varium player with a lot of wins, you must be more popular than being a low lvl with 0 wins?
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
8/11/2011 11:27:59   
SouL Prisoner

ya exactly ...

u juzz cant earn fames.

if u can then y couldn't death do it??????
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
8/11/2011 11:28:44   
goldslayer1

@mid
no im saying that fame should be earned not begged.
what did noob do to earn his fames? NOTHING.
what did deathnightmare do to earn his fames (still doesn't have enough IMO)
is on the all time, 7 stars, 77k+ wins, super high win ratio,daily badges (solo, team, jugger)

quote:

if u can then y couldn't death do it??????

because some people like to keep their integrity and dignity and not sink as low as the beggers do.

i think there should be a 24 hour chat lock for anyone who says F4F ingame.
that should solve some problems. also include "me win" and all other types of bypasses

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 8/11/2011 11:32:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 67
8/11/2011 11:33:31   
midnight assassin

What's really questionable about the noob character is that, are you sure he's active in gamma days? Just like this guy
lol. And I agree with you it must be earned not begged.

< Message edited by midnight striker -- 8/11/2011 11:36:17 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
8/11/2011 11:35:55   
goldslayer1

@mid
lmao see what i mean?
fame = should be earned not begged.
thats why removing begging from the game would be nice.
and whether he's active or not doesn't matter. he's still got more fame than some players.
AQW Epic  Post #: 69
8/11/2011 11:38:00   
midnight assassin

Lol I already know your point and agree with you before and I was just shocked about your example with noob and Deathnightmare.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
8/11/2011 11:39:35   
goldslayer1

@mid
also lets remember fay bee and comical as far as i know dont beg for fame. and they are second and third place on fame all time. (totaly earned and well deserved) while first place is pure begging :/
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
8/11/2011 11:40:31   
midnight assassin

Yup I agree with that too.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
8/11/2011 11:43:20   
SouL Prisoner

earning is the longer path ..

when u hve a sort cut y "would ani1 prefer the long way'

@gold

ur method of earning fames can only be implemented if "the sort cut is removed"

n theirs no proper way to do that!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/11/2011 11:44:13   
Infinity Everlasting

Even though fame is quite a unique feature, I must admit that it serves no use to Epicduel, it is probably just a different way to earn achievements.

However fame only resulted in excessive spamming/begging in game and on the forums.

As for me, I don't personally care much for fame nor does the begging bother me.

< Message edited by Infinity Everlasting -- 8/11/2011 11:45:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
8/11/2011 11:49:46   
midnight assassin

And btw I remember the time when I open the char page of some players I notice lots of flooding of pls fame me then I'll fame you back. But I'm happy most of them were deleted.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: How does fame affect the game?
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition