Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: How does fame affect the game?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: How does fame affect the game?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/11/2011 11:51:48   
MirageD

quote:

On topic:
Well why not create a f4f thread in the forums so that other than begging in game, they'll only beg on f4f thread? Btw that will be the only fame begging place.

i agree.....the developers implemented fame....so it's not the same as begging for AC's, Varium, etc....but begging for it in game is a nuisance...i think asking for fame should be limited to the f4f thread in the forums....or out of game methods
AQW Epic  Post #: 76
8/11/2011 12:15:30   
endtime

It would be great if asking for fame in game would be disallowed. Fame isn't about how many times one can pester others to press a button, but about true popularity that derives from leaderboard status. name recognition, media/video exposure, etc.
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
8/11/2011 12:53:14   
Jacksmart

It would not benefit the game and make more people troll around flaming people for "f4f."

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
8/11/2011 12:53:41   
frogbones
Banned

When they introduced fame, how did the Devs not see begging being an unintended consequence?

Also, wasn't the Fame for Fame thread started by a mod (it was tagged, after all)? That means they backed it up, which also means they encouraged Begging. So now players can't do it?

quote:

There have been concerns and complaints levied that ED was getting to circumvent the begging rule purely because of the fact that they are a newer community to the forums.

So players from other AE games actually got jealous and complained to the mods about ED's Fame system?!

If I didn't read it firsthand, I'd never believe it.

Classic.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 79
8/11/2011 12:55:56   
One Winged Angel1357

@frogbones

read this my post from the last page if they didnt the EDF community did
quote:

Fame in itself is a hypocritical idea that was impletemented

I shall go into all of the ins and outs of that:
1) Fame is who can beg more and not who is really good. Point my Merc alt has a 70+% win ratio at Lv 32 and its 90% 2v2 wins I was a hero mid lv 31 and yet i have 18 fame. My mage was part of the Fame for Fame topic for a little while ebcuase i was faming the under 100's and Shari slapped my onto the list, His ratio is 50% at best and he has almost 500 fame. We know which character is better and yet the "Begger" has more fame(begger is in "" becuase i never asked to be on the board)
2) The idea of Fame was shutdown on EDF becuase it promoted Begging and socilizing over PvP'ing by both the forums so why is it here now and why are we seeing exactly what we said would happen
3) if we where to punish F4F it should be 3 warning 1 day chat lock 1 week chat lock 1 month chat lock and if your stupid enough to keep begging perma Chat lock and maybe bring up a can chat menu so they can say Hi and stuff

Name's OWA... Just OWA
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 80
8/11/2011 13:04:03   
DeathGuard

I knew this, if the game was improving, the forums were becoming crap, lol karma ^o^. I will get a ban warning for these, it will be the 2nd one
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 81
8/11/2011 13:11:06   
OmilliYo

I'm sorry to say that this idea is good and bad at the same time.

Yes the forum should not have fame begging but the game to>? It would be extremely difficult to get fame.

And then on the up side of this idea in make the word or function " Fame " realistic because the more famous you think someone is the more fame they should have.

AQW Epic  Post #: 82
8/11/2011 18:03:23   
xxomegafaustxx

I know this should be in the "Suggestion Thread" but how about this course of action:

Fame should not be accessed to a user out-game but limited in-game. And the reason being is because Fame is used by a monickary of users who "Beg and Please" rather than "Earn" fame. Fame should be exemplified by the individual's ability and effort to effectively compete in the PvP platform. It shouldn't be those who beg everyday but rather, has earned it rightfully in a game or in a match.

Here's my Proposal:

Fame should not be accessed to a user out-game but limited in-game. And the reason being is because Fame is used by a monickary of users who "Beg and Please" rather than "Earn" fame. Fame should be exemplified by the individual's ability and effort to effectively compete in the PvP platform. It shouldn't be those who beg everyday but rather, has earned it rightfully in a game or in a match.

Here's my Plan-of-Action:

For faming another person, players have the ability to fame another person only given this scenario: They are both dueling and upon victor or defeat, have the choice to enact such decision.

For example, in a 1v1, a mini message which prompts if one wants to "Fame" the user he or she faced after he has won fairly against them in the duel. The user has the choice to fame the other foe based on if he wants to or not: if he believed he was a good competitor even though skillfully, he could not win or if he doesn't deserve it based on his poor attitude towards him/her onwards in the duel.

Similarly, the same effect could also occur in a 2v2, where a mini message would be prompted to a user who has won or lost the dual to fame the individuals in the battle. The Fame here is different to what I see is being used currently as the user has the judgment to give "Fame based on one's performance in the match" and not "Fame based on one's groveling".

This mini message would display with all the user or users in 1v1 or 2v2 asking the player to "check off" or fame those who they think deserve the fame. It would only pop up when the duel ends, allowing both sides the chance of earning or not earning fame. This will engage more users to play 1v1 and 2v2 to get people to fame them. As also, this will encourage users to play more and better develop their attitudes as they must win the judgment of the other foe who may or may not grant them fame.

And of course, they will be an imposed *cap so that the same person doesn't fame you more than once or twice and obviously, you can fame yourself more than once. This will also encourage other users to "get to know" other players on a more friendlier and understanding level.

It will also encourage fair play and friendlier and less people requesting Fame because they must earn fame: they must earn it from the users instead of ranting "f2f, I want fame!" etc. This well help reevaluate such users to adopt a more fair and practical stance to fame.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 8/11/2011 18:34:05 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 83
8/11/2011 18:36:21   
rej

what is ur opinion if such a rule were to be implemented ingame? it should deffiently be added. it would help the community overall
how would this benefit the game? it would make venturing out into public bearable again. people wouldn't be constantly assaulted by that hated question
how more enjoyable would the game be? about 90% more
should beggers ingame be punished like they are in forums? i suppose. but i have not yet read the punishment
and what type of punishment do u deem fair? 10 second mute for saying it once. 5 minutes for saying it twice. day long for third offense. then, if they do it again in the same week, week long in game bane.
ur thoughts? people should stop thinking about what gets put into hot dogs...

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
8/18/2011 7:31:41   
DestructingM

I wish this ^^Fame^^ Feature go away... Everyone begs to get fame. In my opinion, It's useless except for getting the achievments...

< Message edited by DestructingM -- 8/18/2011 7:33:15 >
Epic  Post #: 85
8/18/2011 10:34:35   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Why is fame banned from forums? ITS PART OF THE GAME! How does that not make it general discussion? Message me?

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 86
8/18/2011 13:36:44   
Jai300

Mmm, the answer in kinda obvious...if people stopped begging for fame in the game then it would be less annoying to players who don't care about fame and just want wins...people who beg for fame are annoying.

I'm Just So Epic =P
AQW- http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Jai3000
DF- http://www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=36536130
MQ- http://www.mechquest.com/mq-chardetail.asp?id=11871336
AQ- http://guardian.battleon.com/Build30/charview.asp?t
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
8/18/2011 20:33:05   
Ashley

I don't really hate people begging for Fame, i understand that they want to get the Achievements or win the Daily Fame but sometimes it's annoying.
Epic  Post #: 88
8/18/2011 20:47:58   
beastmo

Its useless feature and causes lag with all the f4f crap
Epic  Post #: 89
8/18/2011 23:16:17   
Shadronica

Fame was never implemented for the benefit of the ED players. It was a poorly thought out way to advertise this game. Once again nobody stopped to even think about the ramifications of every man and his dog constantly begging to the point of driving most players into hiding in obscure places to be able to chat without the constant hammering. Fame is irrelevant to PvP. Its a mindless sideline.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 8/18/2011 23:18:39 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 90
8/18/2011 23:57:00   
Larcell

Since the question is, "How does fame affect the game?" My answer is it has no effect on the game...in terms of fighting other players. On the other hand, it will give you the temporary recognition from other players, and having enough fame will give you rating points. Other than that, there's not really any good use for it.

Epic  Post #: 91
8/19/2011 0:09:53   
Celestine
Constructive!

Like most of you, I am not very fond of this feature. It was released to "advertise the game to new players", but instead it has created an annoyance in-game. Every battle now and then I get asked for fame, practically begged. It occurs too often. In the way it has been built, the cons definitely eclipse any pro.

In my perspective, the feature should have been implemented such that after a battle ends, you will have the option to fame your opponent. This way there would be no annoyance out of battle.
On top of that, it would also be effective if the chat filter blocked words such as "fame", "f4f", "fme" or any other variations. Although that may be a bit too harsh.
This way those who constantly beg for fame will have a harder time acquiring it. This suggestion doesn't reflect on the true definition of fame, but it hits closer to home than the one we have now.

Even so, it is too late to change the feature because of the All-time and Daily leader-board.
DF Epic  Post #: 92
8/19/2011 9:18:05   
Calogero

Still hoping for an Ignore function.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
8/19/2011 9:52:40   
drinde

Actually, I don't believe that "Fame" helps the game at all. The best it does is give some rating points thru achievements, letting you get what? A star? The lag caused by F4Fers make the feature not worth the price...
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 94
8/19/2011 10:19:52   
Stabilis

I didn't post in this thread... Why is it shown here?...

< Message edited by greenrain13 -- 8/19/2011 12:00:57 >

AQ Epic  Post #: 95
8/19/2011 10:42:44   
Jatar The Legend

To be honest, fame is the most pointless thing ever introduced to ED. I cannot believe that theres a leaderboard for how many clicks people get on their character page each day. I mean, Come on now ED....

And yeah I agree with Gold. Half the people in Oz are like "f4f? f4f? Fame me back plz. Why didnt you fame me back?"

VERY annoying -.-
DF  Post #: 96
8/19/2011 16:09:15   
Iskye

Exactly, when I was new, I found out what fame was but this guy was saying f4f while we were fighting, I said sure but I told him i'll do it after since I didn't have the char details bookmarked yet and he called me an idiot. Some nerve too.

< Message edited by Iskye -- 8/19/2011 16:10:20 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 97
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: How does fame affect the game?
Page 4 of 4<1234
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition