Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance
Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/13/2011 1:24:35   
AQ Guardian

but seriously, we all know in the real world, people only sees RESULTS and not reasons or excuses for not doing something something. Especially for the people who has paid real money for the game. Its like saying I was sick yesterday and couldn't revise for the exam, therefore I got a D. who in the world will justify that?? and just to note that I pay regularly towards all the ae games, that includes AQ, MQ, DF, AQW, HS, ED... and ED has been the most unstable game comparably with other games.

< Message edited by AQ Guardian -- 8/13/2011 2:04:02 >

AQ: AQ Guardian
MQ: MQ Guardian
AQ: AQ Guardian
AQ MQ  Post #: 126
8/13/2011 1:27:02   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

^good point.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 127
8/13/2011 1:31:15   
Angels Holocaust

The Devs Are Not Trying To Oppress Us In Any Way. There Trying To Protect Us From Getting Hurt. Remember What Happened When Founders Asked For An Upgrade? Founders Were Bashed And Called Greedy.

We Need To Have A Structure Of Rules For The Posters To Follow Or Chaos Will Follow Like The Riots In London.

Post #: 128
8/13/2011 1:33:47   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Does lord barius, sorry if i mispelt your name, even play ED? lol.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 129
8/13/2011 1:39:40   
Lord Barrius

@Angel Of Chaos10

I should note that my inexperience with the game is irrelevant. I corrected you because you were, in fact, wrong: "every game on the internet" does not update nearly as regularly as AE games, and often, they don't even announce the release date in advance at all. AE games are quite unique in that we operate on a time schedule which can best be described as "we're all clearly off our rockers", because no sane development team would subject themselves to the kinds of schedule we have. The fact that ED has not updated every single week does not change the fact that their development cycle is still far more accelerated than a standard team has to deal with, and their team is much smaller than a typical development team. And those facts should be taken into account when judging that the team is not providing content "often enough". I get the feeling that some of AE's players are acutely unaware of these things, probably because they don't play a lot of the other games out there, and as such it naturally seems very odd to them when one of our games has to delay something to next week because they've never had to wait for months to get the next big content patch.

It's certainly interesting that anyone would try to tell me that I don't know anything about broken promises, missing features, and such things. Such things have been, for the most part, a very large part of my job with AQ: fulfilling all of the missing features and broken promises left over in AQ over the course of many years. It's certainly factual that I don't know anything about what it is that ED has promised but hasn't delivered, but I practically guarantee that at one point in time, for every promise ED might not have delivered on yet, AQ had at least two. We've had to spend years and years going back and trying to fix all of those things we've missed out on, all those things our players have had to wait for.

I'm not saying that it doesn't suck that you have to wait another week. I'm a gamer. I don't like delays in my game releases and updates, either. I'm saying that, as someone who has developed games even before working for AE (as well as in school), that when you're dealing with a language that changes as radically as Flash and your development team consists of two people, delays are a distinct possibility. Heck, delays are possible even when you DON'T have those problems....and those of you who have developed games will know what I'm talking about. Look at games like Guild Wars 2, that's been in development since '08. I suspect they didn't think, when they got started, that they'd be working on it for quite that long and indeed, even longer yet to go. To you, it's another excuse, but it's quite a valid excuse. Nothing wrong with being mad about the delay, but I somewhat doubt that the delay is malicious in nature. It's not like they're purposely trying to make you mad.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 8/13/2011 1:40:37 >
Post #: 130
8/13/2011 1:44:33   
CivicChaos

Does this mean there's not going to be a release?
Post #: 131
8/13/2011 1:46:15   
Laces

@Civic

Oooh I thought I saw you from somewhere when we were battling. I am the Cookie Monstar if you don't remember. There is going to be a release. Mid-week next week.

< Message edited by Laces -- 8/13/2011 1:47:52 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 132
8/13/2011 1:47:11   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

^ Lord Barrius i respect you, i really do. I like how you take the time to reply to our posts. Its just that it seems like it would make sense that the head mod for ED general discussion actully plays ED. Thats all im asking, im not trying to be rude, but why did they pick you, over the AK's that are currently in the ED general discussion. I know that you have worked for AE in the past, but you probably have no idea how unbalanced this game is, and someone who has played the game and is active, would know. Im just trying to put that out.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 133
8/13/2011 1:48:07   
CivicChaos

O awesome ^_^

Hiya Cookie! Thanks for the info!
Post #: 134
8/13/2011 1:48:37   
T.600

@civic,laces: The update has been delayed, it will be released sometime during the middle of the week now; probably on Tuesday or Wednesday. Lol, civic edited his message, so his answer is correct now :P.

< Message edited by T.600 -- 8/13/2011 1:49:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
8/13/2011 1:51:08   
Deimos...

Lord, you post long posts.

I also think he is also correct.
On this game called aika, US version, they just realesed their very first update.

Epic II: Exodus.

BUT , man, a whole new map, 20 new npcs, new monsters, new dungeon, new quests, higher cap, more sets of gear, etc.

But the difference is, aika has a maintenance update every week.

They fix lag, bugs, glitches, and pricing, and balance.

Also, They have events that last over a period of time, making people log in.

The log in event.
Brilliant! Log in 1 hour everyday and log out before midnight and the next day you get whatever the list say you get. After getting that 35 days in a row, you get the 35 box which has many prizes in it.

Also aika just has endless things to do.

May I add it's only 1 year old. ( actually it's way older in Korea, and Korea is years ahead of US in updating.)

So why can't Ed add events? Like a token event. Get 75 tokens 1 day and get 30k credits tommorow! :)
Epic  Post #: 136
8/13/2011 1:54:57   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I downloaded aika awhile ago, i didnt understand it so i quit after 3 minutes.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 137
8/13/2011 1:58:11   
Deimos...

@ the choosen one It's not for kids :)

I am a kid though, but I have patience and I read so I will teach you if you want. Pm me. :) trust me the game is amazing. I'm gonna log into aika soon so we can meet. :)

Btw I heard about lord on Facebook so I came to check him out abd the people on fb were right. :)

< Message edited by Deimos... -- 8/13/2011 2:00:00 >
Epic  Post #: 138
8/13/2011 1:59:35   
edwardvulture

@Lord Barrius I thought you were Loki. Because your last catch phrase was okie doke loki.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 139
8/13/2011 2:10:53   
Lord Barrius

@Deimos...

It tends to help when your game is based off of a Korean game which is over a year ahead of you in terms of updates, and your development team couldn't fit in a small house without everyone having to suck in their guts and a few people having to lose a limb. I don't think the ED team has either luxury. :P

I do applaud you for finding a game that maintains any degree of consistency in releases, though. Such games are typically rather rare.

@Chosen 0ne

I was selected to be the head moderator for this board because of my abilities as a forum moderator, not because of my knowledge of ED. This board, at present, doesn't actually need a head mod who plays the game, because such a head mod would be subject to their own personal biases and wouldn't be able to judge everything fairly, nor ensure that everyone's opinions are being permitted.

Alternatively, it might have been because I'm devilishly handsome, but I place the odds somewhere around 60/40.

EDIT: I'm going to sleep! I'll respond in the morning.

< Message edited by Lord Barrius -- 8/13/2011 2:13:27 >
Post #: 140
8/13/2011 2:21:15   
Deimos...

True, and btw yOu should check out their forums. It's alot.. Nicer and the community is slightly better even if it's full of teens or nooks like me asking questions in GD
Btw LB what so u think about Ed having event systems?
( that's what I love. I can ask questions In dg without it getting locked.) :) the mods their are amazing too.

I found aika when I typed best MMORPGs :P on the day I quit ed.

Wait... Your a guy with a pony avatar....? Lolz just teasing.

Edit: wait you could be a
Girl.... Btw night guys ima go play aika now! ^_^

< Message edited by Deimos... -- 8/13/2011 2:26:56 >

<----- I am awesome.
Epic  Post #: 141
8/13/2011 2:28:50   
Synbad Syndicated

@chaos/a certain group i could go on about how, shall we say, somewhat disrespectful some of your post are. but is there a point. when it comes to those who think it's right to continuously flame anyone on the ae or ed team all i can say is it's not the end of the world. you take the risk, you pay the price which includes both ed and it's community members. titan/nightwraith took the risk of creating their own game, but what they got is an uncivilized community that thinks the game is rightfully theirs and should be catered to their every desires without knowing the difficulty it takes to create, maintain, and run a game as best as possible. most of you don't know what position the heads might be in. you took the risk of playing or paying for this game, but what you got was something unbalance, incomplete, and nonrefundable. also it does not matter if he/she never has any or no experience at all. what matters is their capability to get job done, whatever it may be. don't like ed -> here ya go
it still surprises me that even adults would go on rant over an incomplete game.
Post #: 142
8/13/2011 2:31:10   
Fatal Impact

Well I have no reason to play epicduel until they raise the level cap.
Epic  Post #: 143
8/13/2011 2:59:10   
Harlock

B4 It's 2 late I would like remember to Devs there are also Mac Users and the most of em use Safari. I wish Devs test also there the new up date with last version of Flash crappy plug in. I would like also suggest to introduce a Tax for every week delayed about 5 dollars back to all varium players if the up date not coming I'm sure on this way the up dates they will regular!
Epic  Post #: 144
8/13/2011 4:19:42   
SouL Prisoner

argg

one more "delay"

this is juzz become a routeen for ED making delays then asking as always for sry!!

cmon man i was awake till "midnight 3:30 AM" n got up back at 6:AM had to go to colleage>>

normally they come up wid update around 2:AM.

well if u had nthing for update "they could hve juzz restocked charfade "4 the last time atleast "

n if they noe they cant go for an update"atleast could hve minimum done ,. could hve juzz told in twitter that theirs no update today"

i could hve juzz slept.............................*sleeping in class* got kiked out for "two periods"

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 145
8/13/2011 4:49:40   
Luna_moonraider

i cant stand this anymore stop delaying things i dun mind the devs delaying weps or nerf but i m sick of the bug in the 2v2 daily and the 2v2 faction daily board. the devs could at least fix the monster bug which prevents 2v2 faction from winning a decent 2v2 medal because it all depends on freaking luck if u win when on top u dun get a win in the 2v2 board i m glad that this bug is not on all times 2v2 but i m really annoyed because the devs do no even bother to fix this freaking bug.

AQW Epic  Post #: 146
8/13/2011 8:52:57   
Sageofpeace

LORD BARRIUS

While it may be true that having a Head Mod that does not play the game could be better for the forum it also has it downs side just like right now you keep saying that many game don't update weekly or at all which is true im a (gamer) also epicduel have broken too many things and is really expensive so what do you expect us to do? to excuse them every single time because they are a small team? 4 WEEKS IN A ROW WITH NOTHING WHILE "PROMISING" SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE WEEK CALL FOR SOMETHING HUGE. I myself usually don't take a lot interested in flash game and when i star playing this game i was a non paying customer for a long time since i like to spend my money wise, i was very satisfied how i spend my money the first time that was on THE MIDDLE OF BETA them almost at the end of it for some reason the feature they made were all striving to MONEY i was patience and give them a lot chance i wouldn't even bother posting on the forum complaining but things ARE OUT CONTROL
Post #: 147
8/13/2011 9:03:35   
Calogero

quote:

I was selected to be the head moderator for this board because of my abilities as a forum moderator, not because of my knowledge of ED. This board, at present, doesn't actually need a head mod who plays the game, because such a head mod would be subject to their own personal biases and wouldn't be able to judge everything fairly, nor ensure that everyone's opinions are being permitted.

and that's the problem... you don't know anything about ED... Knowledge is half the battle
If You Knew the problems, If you knew how it is IN game... Then you'd have a more Clear view
of our problem...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 148
8/13/2011 9:32:24   
bluerain28

How is the flash going on sir and maam?
AQW Epic  Post #: 149
8/13/2011 10:28:04   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Thanks for the answer lord barius! :D
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance
Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition